• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS board IRC - Under New Management!

Browny

Smash Hater
lol @ me being the only person in there

xat is bad guys... almost every character board has made a xat and they ALL FAIL. Some boards have even failed multiple times when they revive it before people realise why it died in the first place; the tiny text window, annoying images and useless features prevent any meaningful discussion going on. It might be good for a small group of people who might want to organise wifi matches or something through it but it never lasts.

Its no surprise that the only chatroom to last more than a few months was the lucario irc lol.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
its ultimately up to the people whether a chat is sucessful or not.

Xat is just easier for some people to go onto sinces its just "fill in url... YOU'RE IN"

however.... you can't highlight things there easy AT ALL nor do they have a way to log chats.

this kinda makes it trashy and gives it bad rep. :x all the useless powers and stuff and the fact that people can creep on you [if you friend someone you can FOLLOW THEN WHEREVER THEY ARE WETHER THEY WANT YOU TO OR NOT... which is something I hate... <<] this can be like... fixed by getting a power called "No-follow" but.... spending money for that? really?

for talking about meta stuff or like sharing information its a pretty ****ty deal.

on the other hand...... streaming videos and the other dumb stuff are pretty cool I guess so everyone can watch the same videos, for like movie nights.

This makes Xat more of a social chat. having been the Owner of one for like 3 years as a co-leader of a wifi clan [I was such a noooob </3] it can be successful if people keep going there.

but thats something that can be said of everything social, boards, chats, groups, companies...

tl;dr xat is ok but irc is kinda better.

Zero

Smash Hero
lol @ me being the only person in there

xat is bad guys... almost every character board has made a xat and they ALL FAIL. Some boards have even failed multiple times when they revive it before people realise why it died in the first place; the tiny text window, annoying images and useless features prevent any meaningful discussion going on. It might be good for a small group of people who might want to organise wifi matches or something through it but it never lasts.

Its no surprise that the only chatroom to last more than a few months was the lucario irc lol.
xat is also disgusting because it's proprietary and the primary focus is to steal your money. The pages are polluted with ads and basic services cost you actual money, or earnt virtual money. IRC is free. The client you choose may or may not be free but that's a matter of preference.

its ultimately up to the people whether a chat is sucessful or not.

Xat is just easier for some people to go onto sinces its just "fill in url... YOU'RE IN"
This is a misunderstanding. Here are two URLs to begin chatting in your IRC channel of choice.

irc://irc.globalgamers.net/ZSS

www.mibbit.com (requires a few simple settings)

however.... you can't highlight things there easy AT ALL nor do they have a way to log chats.

this kinda makes it trashy and gives it bad rep. :x all the useless powers and stuff and the fact that people can creep on you [if you friend someone you can FOLLOW THEN WHEREVER THEY ARE WETHER THEY WANT YOU TO OR NOT... which is something I hate... <<] this can be like... fixed by getting a power called "No-follow" but.... spending money for that? really?

for talking about meta stuff or like sharing information its a pretty ****ty deal.

on the other hand...... streaming videos and the other dumb stuff are pretty cool I guess so everyone can watch the same videos, for like movie nights.

This makes Xat more of a social chat. having been the Owner of one for like 3 years as a co-leader of a wifi clan [I was such a noooob </3] it can be successful if people keep going there.

but thats something that can be said of everything social, boards, chats, groups, companies...

tl;dr xat is ok but irc is kinda better.
So the only good feature of xat is a totally useless feature. Really, if you want to stream video online, use VLC. You can use VLC + IRC to get the same effect ie. watching a movie with your friends online.

So xat is ****, irc da bess. Come party in IRC!

It's slowly making a revival.

<3 Loki
<3 Flamey
<3 Browny

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Man, remember the good ol' days of a few months ago?
Good times, good times.
I still think i owe you all sammiches.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Woahhhh that's oldddddd
Look at my oh-so-attractive handwriting. /sarcasm
SOOO MANY PEOPLEEEEE. All of whom need to get back on IRC.
AND I CAN PHYSICALLY HUNT DOWN SOLE. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE DUDE. BOTH HOUSES AND YOUR COLLEGE D:<<<<

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah I had to quit last night so I could actually get my assignments done

Although not like there was anyone there...

Zero

Smash Hero
ALRIGHT EVERYONE!

By popular demand (ie. SuSa) I've just made a little clickity link to the IRC.

One click and you're in.

Zero

Smash Hero
03:01:44 <+Fall-chan> does glorious tit****ing happen
03:01:47 <+LoliLovesRain> YES
03:01:49 * @Zero np: @\ - Oh! (03:08m/392kbps/44kHz)

Your daily #ZSS.

Zero

Smash Hero
People pop in and out all day, every day. Just hang out during nighttime, you're most likely to get someone then.

Top Bottom