• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one that believes that those Pokémon shown in that trailer are some of the "Pokéball Pokémon" ??
I'm pretty sure Zoroark is going to appear as a Pokeball Pokemon if not playable, since it still is a pretty known and popular Pokemon and essentially a face of 5th gen if you will... at least it better make some sort of an appearance!!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It's still not impossible for Zoroark to be playable. It's just extremely unlikely. After R.O.B. and Toon Link, it's hard to tell what is confirmed anymore without it actually being stated.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
You know even though it's highly unlikely I still think Zoroark might be a character. Just cause she/he's next to the Pokeball characters doesn't rule the possibility of pplayable out. Just means Zoroark is in the game somehow.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hope he makes it in, I feel greninja I don't even know how to spell it was a poor choice, I don't know much about him but I know he is not as popular as mewtwo of zoroark.
What role does greninja play in Pokemon like is he just like a squirtle or bulbasaur in a different generation

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope he makes it in, I feel greninja I don't even know how to spell it was a poor choice, I don't know much about him but I know he is not as popular as mewtwo of zoroark.
What role does greninja play in Pokemon like is he just like a squirtle or bulbasaur in a different generation
He's a final evolution of one of the Gen 6 starters in Pokemon X & Y.

I'm not sure if Zoroark can still make it in though...

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Who? Zoroark or Greninja?

I suppose so, however, I think the Pokemon Trainer has probably been cut in order to separate Charizard. No official word on Squirtle and Ivysaur though.
Greninja. But ya I assume they're cut

Sonsa

Smash Champion
*Shrug* Oh well. He could make cool DLC if they're interested. It's probably a really cool Pokeball Pokemon though! Maybe he uses illusion to turn into the character who summoned it and becomes pretty much a teammate CPU for a bit. Confuses the opponent on which one to hit too. Yeah, could be neat.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Still would have preferred Zoroark but Greninja was the superior choice since the series needed a Gen 6 rep.

Zoroark will join sidelines along with Blazekin.... 2 popular Pokemon that could have made it into Smash if their timing was better.

D

Deleted member

So, this raises up that old idea of mine about Zoroark being a troll Poké Ball summon that comes out as another Pokémon, acting out the Pokémon's actions, but nothing will hurt the opponent. Then, the Pokémon will turn into Zoroark who will cackle over its deception before it disappears off the stage.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
So, this raises up that old idea of mine about Zoroark being a troll Poké Ball summon that comes out as another Pokémon, acting out the Pokémon's actions, but nothing will hurt the opponent. Then, the Pokémon will turn into Zoroark who will cackle over its deception before it disappears off the stage.
Considering the already random nature of Pokeballs, I really really would love to see this. We'll just have to see what she does, she might just do Night Daze or something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Am I the only one that believes that those Pokémon shown in that trailer are some of the "Pokéball Pokémon" ??
Actually, I think that pretty much all of the Pokemon that were shown before Charizard and Pikachu are the Poke Ball Pokemon. Some of them just haven't been confirmed to be Poke Ball Pokemon yet.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Welp i guess that's that then Zoroark shall be a pokeball pokemon this time around, better than nothing i suppose. Also for those wondering the vast majority of the pokemon shown in the trailer were either...

Pokeball pokemon in a previous game,
  • Electrode
  • Lugia
  • Mew
  • Staryu
  • Goldeen
  • Metagross
  • Entei
  • Gardevoir
  • Snorlax
  • Suicune
  • Deoxys
  • Meowth
  • Togepi
  • Kyogre
Revealed prior to the direct as pokeball pokemon,
  • Palkia
  • Dedenne
Revealed in the direct as pokeball pokemon,
  • Keldeo
  • Kyurem
  • Gogoat
  • Eevee
  • Fennekin
  • Meloetta
  • Victini
and one (darkrai) was revealed in one of the new screenshots.
So with that in mind the handful remaining are more than likely pokeball pokemon by association, those from what i saw were...
  • Zoroark
  • Giratina
  • Inkay
  • Snivy
  • Chespin
  • Oshawott
  • Spewpa

Last edited:

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Some screenshots of the Greninja trailer
image.jpg

Swirlix
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Burigu

Smash Ace
No offense to anyone but I have found lost of people in negation after the direct, Zoroark was clearly shown in the trailer she will be a pokeball pokemon and nothing more speculing that she might be playable is really looking at the bottom of the barrel, even if she was intented as a secret character there is zero reason to spoil her introduction to the series with such a minor role. We still have Jigglypuff in the wings and fan favorite Mewtwo which is without doubt much more popular than Zoroark

Steelia

Smash Champion
Here's a better screen showing Zoroark from the Direct, for people who still can't see it (off to the right):
bluroark.png

Yeah, looks like 5th gen is suffering the same fate as 3rd gen's Deoxys. Skipping a generation in favor of the latest (3rd/Deoxys being skipped in favor of 4th/Lucario for SSBB, 5th/Zoroark being skipped in favor of 6th/freakinGreninja).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's a bit of a shame though. First Deoxys and now Zoroark. Well I know not to root for any 7th gen Pokemon for the next games....

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, with Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in the running. I'd say it would probably take a miracle for any gen 5 Pokemon to make it in as a playable character at this point.

We haven't seen Reshiram and Zekrom yet either though, so I hope Sakurai throws gen 5 a bone and gives it a stage at least. Perhaps Dragonspiral Tower would be a neat stage. I mean, they at least gave us Rayquaza as a boss in Brawl so I don't really see him completely ignoring gen 5 besides Pokeball and trophy representation....

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Honestly, with Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in the running. I'd say it would probably take a miracle for any gen 5 Pokemon to make it in as a playable character at this point.

We haven't seen Reshiram and Zekrom yet either though, so I hope Sakurai throws gen 5 a bone and gives it a stage at least. Perhaps Dragonspiral Tower would be a neat stage. I mean, they at least gave us Rayquaza as a boss in Brawl so I don't really see him completely ignoring gen 5 besides Pokeball and trophy representation....
Yeah, I also see them stopping at 6 Pokemon (a full party!) So anyone else besides Jigglypuff and Mewtwo would...certainly be surprising. But it is super suspicious that we haven't seen Reshiram or Zekrom. Are they just trophies or are they part of a stage? But then I have a hard time seeing them have a Gen 5 stage without a Gen 5 rep. If there was a gen 5 stage it would've been shown off already I feel...? Because... we already have Pokemon stages on both systems...so a Gen 5 stage would have to be unlockable...which suggests an unlockable character...!! But after all maybe they're just trophies because there are wayyy too many Pokemon aaand Im speculating too much.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice

Honestly I think Jigglypuff will be in just because it's one of the new Fairy-types. Mewtwo has more of a chance since it was so popular and it has a Mega-evolution. Zoroark is most likely a Pokeball pokemon but I'm still going to hope until they show it as a Pokeball in Pic of the Day.

Yeah, I also see them stopping at 6 Pokemon (a full party!) So anyone else besides Jigglypuff and Mewtwo would...certainly be surprising. But it is super suspicious that we haven't seen Reshiram or Zekrom. Are they just trophies or are they part of a stage? But then I have a hard time seeing them have a Gen 5 stage without a Gen 5 rep. If there was a gen 5 stage it would've been shown off already I feel...? Because... we already have Pokemon stages on both systems...so a Gen 5 stage would have to be unlockable...which suggests an unlockable character...!! But after all maybe they're just trophies because there are wayyy too many Pokemon aaand Im speculating too much.

I'm pretty sure I saw Reshiram and Zekrom in Greninjas reveal trailer. I think they are Pokeball Pokemon.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly I think Jigglypuff will be in just because it's one of the new Fairy-types. Mewtwo has more of a chance since it was so popular and it has a Mega-evolution. Zoroark is most likely a Pokeball pokemon but I'm still going to hope until they show it as a Pokeball in Pic of the Day.
Yeah, it would be neat to see how it would function though if it is a pokeball pokemon, like would it disguise itself as another Pokemon and then use Night Daze as a surprise attack and reveal itself, or would it do something else... Would be pretty fun to see a Goldeen popping up and the opponent lets its guard down and then gets hit a by a surprise attack.

It would be great to see it playable, but I'm not going to expect it though...

I'm pretty sure I saw Reshiram and Zekrom in Greninjas reveal trailer. I think they are Pokeball Pokemon.
Really? At what point? I must have missed them then....

Last edited:

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would be neat to see how it would function, like would it disguise itself as another Pokemon and then use Night Daze as a surprise attack and reveal itself, or would it do something else... Would be pretty fun to see a Goldeen popping up and the opponent lets its guard down and then gets hit a by a surprise attack.

It would be great to see it playable, but I'm not going to expect it though...

Really? At what point? I must have missed them then....

Well I was pretty sure. Right behind Darkrai. Unless my eyes played tricks on me. Which they most likely did.

Burigu

Smash Ace

Well it's pretty obvious by now Zoroark is a pokeball pokemon it doesn't make sense to include it if Zoroark isn't, unless Zoroark isn't even a pokeball pokemon and is only a trailer pokemon, Reshiram and Zekrom and not in the trailer they are to big to miss them, maybe you are confusing them with Palkia, Kyurem or Giratina, they might be a stage element but the elite four stage was show, still it could happen

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well I was pretty sure. Right behind Darkrai. Unless my eyes played tricks on me. Which they most likely did.
Well before Charizard fires it up, Lugia spreads its wings looking similar to Reshiram but in the shot with Darkrai, Palkia is nearby looking similar to Reshiram and Entei does a lil jump and it's flowing white thing kinda looks like Reshiram. Sorry, but I don't see any actual Reshiram or Zekrom! It's an honest mistake. Jogglypuff and Mewtwo are...I wanna say definitely but um... are really certain to be in. Mewtwo with his Mega form and I'm pretty sure the promotional art of MegaMewtwoY fighting MegaLucario was foreshadowing their final battle in Smash Bros since theyve become kinda rivals. And if they change one of Jigglypuffs moves to... I dunno, fairy wind, then she's fresh and new again and we have 6 great Pokemon ready for battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom