• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XionKai

Smash Cadet
I wonder, how zoroark's chances affect, due to zoroark being in a pokeball, in the charizard, and greninja tralier?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I wonder, how zoroark's chances affect, due to zoroark being in a pokeball, in the charizard, and greninja tralier?
I consider Zoroark deconfirmed, and believing anything else is just misguided. Sakurai has labelled him as Pokéball Pokémon. It's like him turning around and saying "actually, Samurai Goroh IS a playable character!" after he has already been labeled an Assist Trophy. Greninja pretty much took Zoroark's sneaky ninja-style play anyway.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sakurai's vague comment makes me think Zoroark will be a stage element like Kamek is. Lostlorn Forest or N's Castle maybe?

Staarih

Smash Master
While I've come to the conclusion that Zoroark won't make it as a playable character (sadly), because of it being a Poké-ball, I do find it odd that we've yet so see even a glimpse of it anywhere. No PotD picture, no mention in the Smash Direct, no press kit picture and no sign in any of the demo's - unless I've missed something. I think it's one of the only Pokéball Pokémon from the Greninja trailer that we haven't seen in any capacity yet (outside of the trailer itself of course). Swirlix is another one though (and there might be more secret ones) so it's not necessarily anything special... but it's interesting. I'd like to see what it does. Unless something special is in store for Zoroark... nah, not going to get my hopes up haha!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
N's Castle is a stage for Pokemon Blackand White, y'all think it might benefit Zoroark a little?
Nah, don't think so, even though technically he hasn't been officially disconfirmed, I'm not sure we will be seeing Zoroark as a playable character though.

Although the fact that Milotic of all pokemon is a hazard of that stage is a bit strange..... And I'm glad Sakurai at least threw gen 5 a bone, at least a bigger one than he did for Gen 3 in Brawl who really only got Rayquaza as a boss...

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
On the other hand, if a Ruby/Sapphire stage would have been revealed. People would be claiming that it boosts Sceptile chances greatly.
For now, this looks like Spear Pillar 2. But as for Zoroark I'm not 100% convinced he is out just yet. He could be the secret Pokemon character of this Smash next to Jiggs (and if Mewtwo ends not returning). But yeah, pretty minuscule chances of that happening.
Funny thing is, I was expecting Zoroark to appear as a stage hazard/boss of a place like N's Castle, but it seems it wasn't the case. Still wondering how will his Poke Ball appearance will work.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On the other hand, if a Ruby/Sapphire stage would have been revealed. People would be claiming that it boosts Sceptile chances greatly.
For now, this looks like Spear Pillar 2. But as for Zoroark I'm not 100% convinced he is out just yet. He could be the secret Pokemon character of this Smash next to Jiggs (and if Mewtwo ends not returning). But yeah, pretty minuscule chances of that happening.
Funny thing is, I was expecting Zoroark to appear as a stage hazard/boss of a place like N's Castle, but it seems it wasn't the case. Still wondering how will his Poke Ball appearance will work.
I suppose you're right. Like I said, Zoroark technically hasn't really been officially disconfirmed, he's just on very shaky grounds right now. If he was a stage hazard, he would have certainly been one over Milotic (unless Milotic is his disguise or something).

I suppose I just can't really see anyone else besides Mewtwo and Jigglypuff making it in at this point. (unless Zoroark pulls a Robin on one of them for whatever reason)

If he is a pokeball though, he might show up as one of the pokemon but instead of proceeding their usual attacks, he uses one of his dark type moves to fool the opponents and then reveal himself whilst laughing at them) For some reason though, I kinda have an easier time seeing Zorua pulling such a prank rather than Zoroark..... :/

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Maybe Zoroark could be paired with N?
N wasn't mentioned by name, like Palutena.
and Zoroark was only shown while staying unnamed, which Toon Link was shown in Spirit Train, unnamed, before his confirmation all the same.
Sorta like Pokemon Trainer, but with only Zoroark and not Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone have a high quality picture of Zoroark in Greninja's trailer? I want to see how detailed his model.

Because as of the N Castle reveal, I believe Zoroark is the 6th most likely Pokemon to be playable. He didn't refer to N by name and Zoroark is his signature pokemon (I don't believe we will ever get a human character) and sakurais comment on Greninjas trailer seems to imply to me that they won't all be Pokeball Pokemon.

When he first made the comment, I thought Giratina would be a boss. Thats not the case.
After I thought Zoroark would be a stage element like Kamek, but Ns Castle is the most notable spot for him to pop up and he isn't present.

Where else could he pop up? Lostlorn forest isn't notable enough for a stage I don't think. And it would have to be on Wii U since all the models were at least to high a quality to be 3DS models, but playable characters have even higher quality models.

Right now, Zoroark is in the same boat as Ridley. Both have been shown but their roles not completely elaborated on.

I'm very curious on what role he will have, I'm convinced Ridleys playable based on his size and movement but Zoroark was seen in a cgi cutscene and doesn't need resizing.

XionKai

Smash Cadet
Oooh. It's nice to see, Zoroark supporter are Active?
Will this boost Zoroark's chance, for smash? o:

Staarih

Smash Master
Ohh, I had already given up on Zoroark but here we are again haha! I do find it a bit odd that N's castle is referred to as "someone's castle", as if it wasn't clear enough. We'll see, I'm super curious about Zoroark's role, be it just a Pokeball Pokemon or something else.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
I agree with 8-bit man, Zoroark IS the 6th most likely Pokemon.
I'll copy and paste this over

Zoroark has gotten the Ridley/Palutena treatment from Sakurai, this automatically makes him major competition.

He didn't say Ns Name and Zoroark is his signature Pokemon (Some theorys suggest N is a zoroark)
He was shown in Greninjas trailer and Sakurai made it obvious that not all of them will be Pokeball Pokemon, otherwise he wouldn't be so vague about it.
Ns Castle is the only place that makes sense to be a stage where Zoroark could pop up as a stage hazard, yet instead we get Milotic.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Also, if Zoroark is playable. I'm certain the model in Greninja's trailer is poorly detailed on purpose. Because if they had his character detailed model next to all the other low detailed Pokemon, it would have been obvious that his role was beyond a Poke Ball. Making it an easy giveaway for playable.
Again, no high hopes yet for Zoroark. But he still has chances as a las minute Lucario clone at the very least, it all depends if Sakurai wanted to troll us with his appearence on the Greninja trailer or he was just being boring clear (also, expect Mewtwo fans to glare at this thread).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
From what I've seen, his model seems to be about as detailed as any of the other pokemon that where on that trailer (besides the playable ones), then again, that was a CGI trailer so it wouldn't necessarily indicate much in terms of in-game content I'd assume.

I don't have any hopes for Zoroark either but I do kinda wish Sakurai would reveal his definite role to us already instead of showing/hinting his existence but being quiet about it and dragging it out like he did with Ridley, Palutena, Toon Link and a few other characters like that......

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I wish I could have been active on these boards before Greninjas trailer because Zoroark was in my top 5 newcomer hopes, and I would have loved to speculate with you guys.
Sakurai's comment about all Pokemon in that trailer will appear in some form is weird, as I think every pokemon in that trailer (except for Zoroark) has been shown as a Pokeball summon. Don't get me wrong, I have lost all hope for him being playable, but the fact Zoroark is the mascot of Gen V, and hasn't been shown yet, implies he has a larger than average role.

Maybe as a part of N's Castle or maybe a Wii U stage based on Gen V?
What I am saying, is that I think, (and hope) me will be shown more respect than a pokeball, as he deserves it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Kinda convenient how Zoroark and Swirlix (and what I assume is Foongus/Amoonguss) are the only Pokemon that didn't show up during all those events that have come along the past few month's though..... Then again, Sakurai has shown us Takamaru as an assist trophy so I assume he's not quite finished yet in revealing all the Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophies and probably switched a few off for the E3 demo builds....

Oh well, I do hope as well that he at least gets some kind of decent role in the games....

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Maybe Zoroark could be paired with N?
N wasn't mentioned by name, like Palutena.
and Zoroark was only shown while staying unnamed, which Toon Link was shown in Spirit Train, unnamed, before his confirmation all the same.
Sorta like Pokemon Trainer, but with only Zoroark and not Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
So I saw this thread, and though "Welp, deconfirmed, gg". Then I realized that he's basically in the same situation as Ridley. Well, sort of. Ridley was shown as a shadow, but not deconfirmed. Zoroark was one of the Pokemon in that trailer, but never has been shown as a Pokeball Pokemon or even named, similarly to Ridley. After reading this post though...That actually sounds pretty likely, I'm not going to lie. Sakurai might want to keep in that Pokemon Trainer kind of feel to the game but this would be a pretty great way to replace it IMO. Also the fact that he said "Someone's" castle strikes me as a bit suspicious.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can I just brag that I have the little Zorua McDonalds toy from when Black & White just released.
I keep it close. =w=

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
While I have pretty much given up on the chance of Zoroark being playable, I do enjoy seeing the speculation still alive. Also, I would take Zoroark over Mewtwo any day :D

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I kinda of have the feeling he will be playable. Like a few of you have said he has been hinted like ridley. Either he is trolling hard or he is in store for something more. For some reason even though i would rather have puff i get the feeling it will be zoroark and maybe mewtwo. But i think puff might get the axe sadly.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm imagining a trailer when N appears and suddenly it turns into Zoroark...

D

Deleted member

People still have hope for Zoroark, I-I don't know what to say.

Please based Sakurai, secret character or announced beforehand("Where is Mewtwo!?"<--reactions to his/her video).
Please, give my #1.

D

Deleted member

I hope he is playable, but he has like a 0.000001% chance after the Greninja trailer.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
While I do adore Zoroark, we already have a dark type, and there are other Pokemon that are more popular at the time.
Sorry....but I voted no.
Maybe next time.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Zoroark has a better chance then others like to think, I don't partically support Zoroark (I'll welcome any Pokemon who isn't gen 1) but that teasing is very suspicious, and with Meta-Knights reveal we know some Pokemon appear in the Elite 4 stage, none of which are Dark Type.

And I remain confident that if Zoroark isn't playable, he will be a stage hazard or something similar on a Wii U Pokemon stage that we don't know about yet. I am certain he won't be a simple Poke-ball Pokemon after that comment (technically it was after Giratina was revealed as a Pokeball Pokemon as I expected him to be a boss)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It wasn't teasing per say, we just didn't see his role while all the other Pokemon in the trailer had some role in the game. It's strange.
He also didn't refer to N by name, and his signature Pokemon is Zoroark.

His situation is extremely similar to Ridleys current situation.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
He is similar to Ridley in teasing, but not as extreme. We haven't seen his shadow or anything, but his appearance in the Greninja trailer also reminds me of Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's trailer a bit. It's all very suspicious, I could see him as a secret newcomer, because he fits all the requirements. He's got popularity, a movie and pokemon events, and he's got something that makes him unique: his illusion ability. I'm not sure how they could utilize it, but I'm sure Sakurai can make it work.
Zoroark could be in, or might not be. At this point, I don't really know.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup Zoroark Thread. First time coming here & wanted to let you all know because I didn't read 10 whole pages let alone skim at all.
One point with a bonus bulletin

1. The pokeball segment of the :4charizard: / :4greninja: trailer is mostly correct, but something can't be 100% correct until everything within it is confirmed by Nintendo from sources like Serebii, the SmashBros site, or SmashBoards newspage.
  • Because of Zoroark shown in the trailer, most stopped there & said he's de-confirmed automatically. Wouldn't blame 'em but Serebii or the Pokeball direct has not confirmed his pokeball summon & what it does, now noticing someone mentioning about it on this page. With Swirlix also seen on this page for a mysterious pokemon not explained in the direct or confirmed by Serebii, that'll have to be another thing to fully wait for being 100% pokeball. Finally the biggest reason why I find the :4charizard: & :4greninja: trailer not absolute is because Abomosnow is a confirmed pokeball on the Serebii site, but did not make an appearance in the entire direct video nor the trailer. So technically that pokeball segment is not absolute nor is it 100% true to de-confirm Zoroark. All of the other pokeballs did get confirmed & sure to expect more. Zoroark is either awaiting to be a confirmed pokeball, or may actually be a secret playable character teased in the trailer. Sadly I'm leaning more toward waiting for the pokeball confirmation, yet Abomosnow still bugs me, second guessing about it all.
I semi-hope Zoroark is playable just to try him out.:shades:

Last edited:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
Zoroark is my favorite Pokemon by far (and I LOVE Pokemon), so I was hoping it'd be playable in Smash Bros. But it's not as popular as other Pokemon and I'm okay that Greninja got in over it (at least, seemingly), since Greninja's cool too. At least Zoroark's confirmed to be in the game though, and in an active role to boot. That's more than a lot of people can say about their favorite Pokemon!

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
While my favourite pokemon is obvious, Zoroark is one of my other favourites. Honestly, I feel his chance is mostly gone, but even if he isn't playable, I would be happy if he has another important role in the game.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This may have been quoted, posted, or mentioned before in Zoroark's 10 pages but this pertains to Zoroark in some way:
Pic of the day. Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment.
This kinda ties in with the N's Castle & Zoroark theory quite well. Then again Zoroark could always be the "wait & until later" confirmed pokeball summon the video had him out to be. Owell it gives me some hope.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One thing's for certain, Zoroark is in the game, we just don't know as what as Sakurai hasn't actually officially confirmed his role yet. It could be the Pokeball summon as almost every other pokemon in that trailer is one, he could be a part of one of the Pokemon stages, perhaps even a Smash Run enemy, or perhaps even (by some miracle.....) an unlockable newcomer.

Guess we will just have to wait it out and see what his eventual role would be.... I hope Sakurai confirms it soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom