• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoning With Falco (#1: Metaknight)

Blad01

Smash Lord
What ? Below MK is a slightly advantaged position guys : MK's is not that fast (not as fast as Uair), and we can easily hit MK with (in order of ease) Bair, Nair, Uair.

Being above MK definitly sucks though, but not like with Marth or DK, thanks to our Dair, Bair and Phantasm.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I agree that mk above falco isn't a bad zone at all and on platforms it is actually a good zone for falco. Depending on the distance between falco and mk vertically it may be a neutral zone since one can't punish the other so easily. Also note, within f tilt or jab range 80% mk will not jump and do and a arial attack, falcos close range attacks will push him back and most. Will either downsmash or grab. In front of falco's d tilt range should be considered his bad zone falco will be pressured with tilts, fairs, dash attack, which canlead to grabs and anything that can keep falco in the air.

Above mk really varies from the distance between you and the ground. High up is a bad zone as it is for any other character (and mk's good zone). On the otherhand, in CQC, a shorthop above mk maybe a good zone for falco and a bad zone for mk.

Offstage, stage corners, high above, and below platforms and in front of falcos f tilt are mks good zones where he wants to avoid grabs, retreats, or any retaliations.

Now when one is in the air and the other is in the ground, the grounded one (between mk and falco) wilis the actual one in their good zone because they can take advantage of the other.

That's my lame*** summary you can flame me now lol

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post but ignore it when I say d tilt I meant front tilt I can't correctect I'm using a crappy phone to type lol

Vlade

Social Outcast
Usually if a MK is dair camping when I'm close in I run to at least medium range and start to laser.
No point in chilling in a bad zone, and if you've got distance you have tons of options to deal with him if he tornadoes at the end, plus your lasers will provide obvious disruption.
That's correct, we should be aiming to stay in our good zones and avoid our bad zones as much as possible to increase our chances of winning the match.

Top Bottom