• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
When I try to go to your profile, it says:

Smashboards - Error

This member limits who may view their full profile.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Zelda's face in that sig is just incredible.

I'm looking forward to having some fun with Zelda, Sheik, and WFT. Probably gonna do what I always do to decide my main. Play through the adventure modes, and FFAs with items on!!!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So... Apparently, one of Zelda's custom specials must have been shown as there 'new move' name on the title of a thread in the SSB4 Zelda boards (In particular, a thread concerning her moveset in SSB4) called "Magma Beat".

I'm awaiting further response from the poster of this move name, as there is NO other info yet in the boards that I can find concerning Magma beat.

Thoughts?

EDIT: It turns out that "Magma Beat" It's just the nickname given to Dthrow by the thread owner. Since Dthrow now appears to use fire effects now.

Last edited:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounded too good to be true anyways. Zelda getting something possibly good? Naaaaaahhhh.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Zelda being viable in the next Smash. Is everyone just waiting for Smash 4 at this point?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would hope she would be. Zelda needs it one time lol.

I suppose we are. I'm still wanting to play Brawl but FL has literally come to a standstill as far as tourneys. There are sparse ones here in there but I needs em!!

Also, Mitsuru. Just yes. All the yes!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
More or less. I haven't touched the Wii in forever and at this point I don't even bother with tournaments and because I left Japan, all the people I played are gone thus defeating the purpose of even playing Brawl. I might just give the Wii to someone.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
SD Comic-Con begins this Thursday and I'm finally getting my dirty hands on Smash 4.

Also, the dude who wrote that is from Australia. He posted that link to the SmashBros Reddit page.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thank you for the clarification.

Is anybody going to San Diego Comic Con to try out Smash 4, and is willing to post more impressions?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
"Zelda has been nerfed hard. Less Knock back and damage on ALL of her smash attacks. Thankfully her up air has been buffed and looks to deal more damage, knockback, and has more active frames. Overall she feels weaker than she did in Brawl, but I'm hoping that I simply haven't found her new strengths in Smash 4."

Except all of the nerfs are wrong. This is misinformation.

ALL of her smash attacks do the same % and KO at roughly the same % ("roughly", because KB wasn't polished in the demos and caused weird suddenly weaker/stronger hit situations.)

I have no idea about her UAir, though. I DO know it still only does 15%. But how could it possibly do MORE KB!?

That last line sums it up. "I simply haven't found her new strengths in Smash 4." Or didn't know them to begin with. :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
really have to take everything with a grain of salt. We have no clue what anything will be like at release, yet alone enough time to understand the demo.

f u j i n

Banned via Warnings
My face when Farore's Wind KOs.
"Zelda has been nerfed hard. Less Knock back and damage on ALL of her smash attacks. Thankfully her up air has been buffed and looks to deal more damage, knockback, and has more active frames. Overall she feels weaker than she did in Brawl, but I'm hoping that I simply haven't found her new strengths in Smash 4."

Except all of the nerfs are wrong. This is misinformation.

ALL of her smash attacks do the same % and KO at roughly the same % ("roughly", because KB wasn't polished in the demos and caused weird suddenly weaker/stronger hit situations.)

I have no idea about her UAir, though. I DO know it still only does 15%. But how could it possibly do MORE KB!?

That last line sums it up. "I simply haven't found her new strengths in Smash 4." Or didn't know them to begin with. :p
BJ you are very suprisingly optimistic about Zelda.
I understand you think some things got buffed like U tilt, but even if these were to be considered buff she looks almost the same as in brawl.

Do you really think she could be good in Smash4 with her current changes?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm keeping my expectations low for Zelda in Sm4sh, mainly because I honestly can't expect much improvement from her with the changes we know so far. I'd probably get disappointed if I set the bar too high, so- DX

SURPRISE US SAKURAI AND MAYBE ZELDA WILL GRADUATE FROM BOTTOM TIER.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
BJ you are very suprisingly optimistic about Zelda.
I understand you think some things got buffed like U tilt, but even if these were to be considered buff she looks almost the same as in brawl.

Do you really think she could be good in Smash4 with her current changes?

No.

I'm very well educated about Zelda probs, and that most haven't been fixed.

In fact, in your quitting absence I've been exposing fools on the SSB4 zelda boards for you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

I have no idea how to deal with MK's spacing... so difficult when everybody plays safe.

Pikachu was just awful haha. Lots of bad DI on my part and I should airdodge Thunder instead of trying to Nayru's it.

Bring back her Melee kicks Sakurai but really loving up smash OoS :(

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was bored and made a TOTALLY serious guide on how to use Zelda in Brawl hmu. :^)

... Yeah. I'm pretty awful in this game. I didn't even have my Gamecube Controller because broken Wii, and I can only play on the Wii U. Aaand that's why I'm not in tourneys. XD

But maybe this will make your day. Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdVV-deq-4

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oh gosh I couldn't breathe! This really did make my SSB day. XD

FINE WAIFU. GO FIGHT. BEAT THIS STUPID LEVEL 9 KIRBY.

Thank you Waifu, I will now go beat M2K with my new knowledge.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Beating M2K should be tooootally easy now! :3

Also, I'm following the Eventhubs tiers for Brawl here. Dat Zelda plummet at -24%. Courtesy of me. XD

Ike is WAY too high though. Same with Fox.

http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssbb/

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
At one point in the beginning, Zelda vs. Game and Watch was 7:3 in ZELDA'S FAVOUR too. XD

I guess Street Fighter players can't play Smash that well-

Top Bottom