• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Welcome! Thanks for the info. Did you try out the phantom?
Thanks for the welcomes. ^^

I actually was so immersed by the fact that Brawl Zelda doesn't use Down-B that I didn't use it once. :c

I would post a link that shows all of Zelda's moves in the 3DS version of Smash 4 done in amateur footage, but apparently, I have to post 10 times to post links. :ccc

So, just search up "Smash 4 Demo - Zelda's Moveset" on YouTube, and you guys can find it there and maybe post some of your opinions of her moveset in action!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And I'm one of the few that may be betraying Zelda :teeth:. Though only because i main characters by how comfortable they feel to me (did the same thing to Sheik going from melee to brawl) still won't know until October 3rd though. That's the reason why i thought people weren't using phantom slash as much or at all. It'll probably take a while before people start using the move more often..

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thanks for the welcomes. ^^

I actually was so immersed by the fact that Brawl Zelda doesn't use Down-B that I didn't use it once. :c

I would post a link that shows all of Zelda's moves in the 3DS version of Smash 4 done in amateur footage, but apparently, I have to post 10 times to post links. :ccc

So, just search up "Smash 4 Demo - Zelda's Moveset" on YouTube, and you guys can find it there and maybe post some of your opinions of her moveset in action!
Do you mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2p-EyKKiAo

Yeah, you can also search "vgbootcamp" and find it on their channel, along with pretty much every other character available in the 3DS's movesets. :D

Also, WELCOME TO THE SACRED REALM!

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yes. Thank you very much! ^^ (Can't quote ya, 'cause I still have done less than 10 posts...)

After seeing that video, I feel kinda torn about this new Zelda carnation. I mean, Zelda's gameplan is still pretty intact, albeit it wasn't a very good gameplan in the first place... But it seems like she loses a good Din's Fire, D-tilt, and the killing power of Up-Smash. In return, she gets somewhat better Lightning Kicks, a combo friendly U-tilt, and overall better Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love, not to mention a new tool in Phantom Slash. But does it really help her out to the point that she becomes a competitor? I don't think so.

... I feel she was totally robbed the opportunity to be much better. ; w ;

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks. It be foolish to say that Zelda is an amazing character (in Smash of course, she's amazing in my heart~). But character loyalty is stubborn sometimes, and no matter how awful she'll be, you just want to play her no matter what. ><

Has the rest of you played the demo yet? I can already see some bad matchups going for Zelda. ZSS is very mobile and the princess really can't keep up with her speed. I also think that Little Mac has a good advantage on her because they both play their ground game, but Mac seems much more dominant in that aspect. And thanks to Bowser's buffs, one of our few good matchups may turn upside down against us now... *sigh*

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That one was heaven's wrath right? If anything Fu you're like a Phoenix that gets "reborn" after every username gets banned lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Now we need 'The Legend of Fujin', 'Fujin Wars', 'The Fujin Strikes Back', 'Return of the Fujin', 'Super Fujin 64', 'Skyward Fujin', 'Fujin in Space', 'Fujin: The Next Generation', and more...

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
"X-Men: Dark Fujin Rises", coming to a theater near you.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ So wait, does that make the mods Xana, and Fujin "Return to the past now." ?

Cookie if you get it. :p

Last edited:

Foojin

Banned via Warnings
The FUMES the admins must be having.

They can't get rid of me so they have to delete my post.

Tbh I feel a BIT bad for the mod/admin they put on "Delete Fujins Post" duty.
Is it Venus?
They must not value your time if they sent you to do that.

A will not stop posting, but it's a kii that yall think I will

#poordat

Lemme start making 50 post a day just to make it a chore.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wait, but your account said "Banned (6 points)" , and you put out a post...

I guess no one can stop your spirit.

Fujin (Left) Mod (Right)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah that's what I've been wondering. It's like there is no ban preventing fu from posting..

Also Aleate i just noticed your avi lol Cheria and Asbel pairing is one of my favorite tales pairings because Cheria is my favorite/best character of the series

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yeah that's what I've been wondering. It's like there is no ban preventing fu from posting..

Also Aleate i just noticed your avi lol Cheria and Asbel pairing is one of my favorite tales pairings because Cheria is my favorite/best character of the series
I always thought fuu was immune to post lock since she always banned lol

I'm still finishing ToG but, Cheria/Asbel is a cute pairing, but Pascal/Hubert is hilarious

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I always thought fuu was immune to post lock since she always banned lol

I'm still finishing ToG but, Cheria/Asbel is a cute pairing, but Pascal/Hubert is hilarious
Because Fu kept creating accounts. These however were posted after the ban with the same username..

The play was the best part between them xD.. Yeah Pascal and Hubert is one of the most hilarious pairings. Especially when Malik and Richard have fun with "Little bro" lol

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Soooo, Fox's Side B no longer puts him in a helpless state when used in the air. Meanwhile, Zelda's Side B STILL puts her helpless.... >>

If there weren't enough complaints about how Zelda still feels weak in the Smash Demo-fest, Zelda will break a record in Smash history of being bottom tier for 3 titles in a row.... ; w ;

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Soooo, Fox's Side B no longer puts him in a helpless state when used in the air. Meanwhile, Zelda's Side B STILL puts her helpless.... >>

If there weren't enough complaints about how Zelda still feels weak in the Smash Demo-fest, Zelda will break a record in Smash history of being bottom tier for 3 titles in a row.... ; w ;
Link already set a record for 3 low tiers in a row. :p and he might be the only one setting a 4 low tiers record.

Of course, Link actually LOOKS like he's getting real buffs.

But yeah, there are some LONG overdue changes for Zelda, and side B free fall is definitely one of them. (I'd also say reducing/doing away with the long "No movement" period after an aerial FW reappear is another BIG deal long overdue change to me.)

Neat thing though, is that apparently, Best Buys that had the smash 4 demo also had 'nintendo consultants' there who were ALSO taking recommendations for character changes. (Because if you didn't know, the balancing phase, as stated by Sakurai will be near the end of development.)

So contact your closest Best buy (that had the smash fests.) and see if you can get the contact info from BB for the nintendo consultant that was there. Then you can recommend some changes.
Me and a group of players are actually making up a list of changes already that we're gonna recommend to nintendo for Zelda.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Link already set a record for 3 low tiers in a row. :p and he might be the only one setting a 4 low tiers record.

Of course, Link actually LOOKS like he's getting real buffs.

But yeah, there are some LONG overdue changes for Zelda, and side B free fall is definitely one of them. (I'd also say reducing/doing away with the long "No movement" period after an aerial FW reappear is another BIG deal long overdue change to me.)

Neat thing though, is that apparently, Best Buys that had the smash 4 demo also had 'nintendo consultants' there who were ALSO taking recommendations for character changes. (Because if you didn't know, the balancing phase, as stated by Sakurai will be near the end of development.)

So contact your closest Best buy (that had the smash fests.) and see if you can get the contact info from BB for the nintendo consultant that was there. Then you can recommend some changes.
Me and a group of players are actually making up a list of changes already that we're gonna recommend to nintendo for Zelda.
Neat! It be very cool to at least get in touch with the development team and talk (more like complain) about some changes. Although, I wouldn't want to list my own personal changes to Nintendo. After all, I'm most definitely not the biggest expert at using Zelda, so my suggestions might actually be kinda bad. XD

I would be very interested in seeing this list though, and then have maybe one of us suggesting such. And then, we might avoid what happened to Link. X3

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
BJ if you're gonna do that, can I suggest a few very obvious things:

If they are sticking with her slower-than-normal jab that seriously does 6% (which is 8-10 frames slower than other standard jabs), they better make it combo into something, or at the very least increase the damage or even just the shield damage...

If they're sticking with escapable smashes, that's fine :mad: But my god... give her a followup to the opponent's DI! No one deserves a second chance when hit by a move that's around 16 frames long. We've already seen pika pop out of Fsmash a number of times and kirby slide out of Usmash...

If they're keeping her slower-than-normal grab (which isn't even a tether and twice as slow as other standard grabs), give her a kill throw, or some reward for landing the grab. It seems they're addressing this tho...

If they're considerably nerfing the outer circle of din's fire, make the whole thing transcendent so the opponent respects it (unlike brawl where 100% of the cast could aerial it AND her for free damage, making it nearly useless in 1v1...)

If they're gonna make her sweetspots difficult to land again, give her some sort of longevity to be able to land them in tandem with the amount of damage the opponent is going to be giving her (heavier weight would do the trick here...), otherwise she'll just be an unrealistically rewarding character that dies at 90 again... whereas, say... 20% more survival could give her just a little more time to land that kick (not a good buff but it's something, right?)

Finally... wtf have they done to dtilt and usmash and utilt? I've heard dtilt doesn't even combo anymore and Usmash has no side hitbox... If they're going to keep her slow & light half-character self in Brawl, she needs even BEEFIER hitboxes to catch the amount of faster characters in this game, not nerfed ones. She could be like the hitbox variation of a grappler (seeing as she's always on the approach). You only need to look at character rolls in this game to see how hard she's going to be catching people if they decide to run away from her. It's a good thing projectiles appear nerfed tho...

I doubt they'll listen but I hope they address a few things :grin:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link looked good on paper then got burned by the system and bad stats each time :facepalm:. Like in Brawl, PS-ing is broken.

I hope Zelda's custom moves allow for a weaker but more practical Din's (and other specials) that doesn't cause free falling. Some custom special moves might help balance the competitive game. I noticed Mario got a faster fireball that might help him. ...and Falco's laser is still far more OP.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'd definitely want a better Din's Fire. Brawl's version just never cut it. :/

And really, D-tilt and U-tilt should be restored to Brawl's former glory. And Up-Smash. And Side-Smash. And maybe better Lightning Kicks. Maybe a somewhat better jab-

... At this rate, we'd be just blabbering so much buffs that they might just ignore us. XD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Actually, it would be funny if nintendo reps were like "Look at these spoilt zelda mains with all their needs...", and then proceed to give us 1% extra damage on Fsmash to compensate for her lack of approach.

Buahaha! Calling it now!

Top Bottom