• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MOCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

to upair

thats rough mocha, i didnt see any of your sets, but I can't imagine what zelda does against even the most obvious nados. I've said it to you before (and I'm sure this is the worst thread to repeat it in), but you should at LEAST pick up sheik seriously to cover the matchups where people will literally just run from you (like sonic, wario, fox, falcon, jiggs).

Rizen

Smash Legend
For accuracy, Falco's CG spike doesn't get many good Links and the MU will be changed from -4 to -3.

Link, Zelda, Ganon and Bower (my 4 low tier characters) players are much better with these characters than people who don't normally use them in my experience. Things Limit does with Bowser or DLA/Bloodynite with Ganon have just blown my mind. Playing Zeldas who know what they're doing is very different from people, even good people, who pick her up. Mocha, Milky, Linkz, Ven have amazing efficiency with Zelda's moves and do not get exploited like novice Zeldas. In friendlies people will chose Link because I use him and they get 2 or 3 stocked a lot. Links like X, Scizor, old Links like Legan, Ano and ALSM, and even newer Links like KOTier just use the character better. This is all from personal experience. I've learned a ton from the pros.
Low tier players deserve credit. Getting a good game with a low tier is easy enough (and rare) but actually using low tiers is another story. Low tier players have records and play vs bad MUs (-3 or -4) to better understand the character and game. It's not a fair weather thing.

Low tiers are better than people think but still terrible, I agree.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
thats rough mocha, i didnt see any of your sets, but I can't imagine what zelda does against even the most obvious nados. I've said it to you before (and I'm sure this is the worst thread to repeat it in), but you should at LEAST pick up sheik seriously to cover the matchups where people will literally just run from you (like sonic, wario, fox, falcon, jiggs).
Yeah I've considered getting better with Sheik, but everytime I try, I end up going back to Zelda. It's like being in a bad relationship that you can't let go.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yeah I've considered getting better with Sheik, but everytime I try, I end up going back to Zelda. It's like being in a bad relationship that you can't let go.
well in all honesty you should pick up someone alot better than sheik, but i recommend her simply because you can go at your own pace and always be able to switch back and forth as you are comfortable during a match.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You can't just stop using Zelda.
btw mocha, the panel needs you
Exactly xD
And alrighty, will check it out

You can always ask me for help with the Sheik part of Zelda lol.
Always appreciate this, Ed (:

well in all honesty you should pick up someone alot better than sheik, but i recommend her simply because you can go at your own pace and always be able to switch back and forth as you are comfortable during a match.
The only top tiers I enjoy using are Snake and Pikachu, so if I actually wanted to get serious with tiers, I'd use one of them. Maybe Ice Climbers if I'm feeling evil and lazy.

Snake is a bit harder to use, and has some glaring weaknesses which can be exploited, not to mention, my Snake plays like an 09 Snake; campycampycampy and spams pivot grabs. My Pikachu is, hmm, idk lol.

Even lower tier, I enjoy using Peach and Mario (but I wouldn't bother with Mario since I already have a low tier main). And if I tried Peach, I'd basically be a very inferior Illmatic.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
That's cause you wuv Pikachu c:

Yeah he's a lot of fun to use, but I never use him in tournament. Even in friendlies, I may use him for a few games, but that's it. Texas isn't exactly short on Pikachu mains either. Regardless though, I'll be 'behind' in whatever top tier I decide to use - because everyone else who uses them will have more experience using them than I will (as well as fighting against Pikachu). All this time I've put into Zelda, they've been putting into their own top tier mains. But yeah, I hear you guys....

Tesh

Smash Hero
Each character isn't so complicated that you can't catch up. There will be more viable options to manage and most better characters will be harder to play because its more to think about. Thats no reason not to give it a shot though. Plenty of top players of good characters used to main one far worse. Shugo, Malcolm, Ally (pretty much proof that you can keep picking up new characters). Alot of knowledge transfers over to other characters. All you need to learn is the new rules of what you can or can't do, new mobility, recovery etc. It doesn't take long really.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
My Zelda is sadly bad in terms of recovery. My biggest bane with her but so is a lot of fun to use and my lowest tier character I pick up to play. Mid wise is Kirby and Peach then a little higher is Lucario and Pikachu.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
*Walks in*

Reads "My Zelda is bad in terms of recovery."

Methinks "Everyone's zelda is bad in terms of recovery"

...:urg:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well yes but in terms I over shot and miss the edge too much and fall to my doom . My controller is old and the control stick tilts a lot. It'd be a easy replace but they don't sell the first model classic controller anymore a side from the Net but it takes 2-3 weeks to get anything from the States sent to Japan. Japan sells only those new classic controllers.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's okay you'll end up recovering high all the time once your friends figure out the Zelda matchup.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
scuse me guys how do we change our SWF usernames? i would like to henceforth be known as XxBIGHUGEZELDAFAN420xX

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
**** dat noise what do i look like holla holla get dolimar?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I was safe, but I ain't get no damn candy. :mad:

Anyways, April Fool's today, and I'm gonna be on the road all day. Yayyyy let's hope there aren't any drivers out there with any crazy ideas.....

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was safe, but I ain't get no damn candy. :mad:

Anyways, April Fool's today, and I'm gonna be on the road all day. Yayyyy let's hope there aren't any drivers out there with any crazy ideas.....
...Like putting their shirts in their underwear draws?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nah, like something like this:
Some *******s from inland county were throwing roadkill at cars early this morning here in San Diego.

I'm guessing you can expect a couple of live animals and small children being chucked at cars in ole' foginny.
Luckily, I made it there & back without incident and had a great time, so my April Fool's was thankfully prank-free.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I ended up getting a giant Chocolate Bunny from a Japanese girl. There have a Easter festival in addition to the Cherry Blossom festival. It's like a gift giving one though. I don't eat sweets but still have it. I'll end up sharing that with people at work.

Top Bottom