• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST5*30th of april & 1st of may*REGISTRATION CLOSED*CONFIRM when ready!*WIIs NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalador

Smash Lord
reaper asked me to post here that he's confirmed for both melee (singles) and brawl (singles & teams).

appearantly ice already talked to the host about it but reaper's still not on the list and he wants to know for sure whether he truly is confirmed so that he can buy his tickets soon.
He is on the list and i will confirm him as well ^^ I haven't updated the Smashboards list yet, only the one in the Dutch forum. I will update this one today. But just so it's sure: Reaper is on the list and confirmed as of now =)

@Aniolas: oeh... airplanes are starting to fly again =D looks like it'll all be fine

To everyone: I've allowed some signups and changes even though the registration period was actually closed. As of now: Registration is really closed, no more signups, only confirmation/deconfirmation. If there are a couple of deconfirms i might allow some more sign-ups, but beware that even if i allow another late registration: you have to arrange housing yourself in that case!

Exalador

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post guys, but I have an important question and wanted everyone to see that there is a new post:

I've had a talk with the owner of the venue and discussed about a couple of things he feels should be changed a bit.

Most important are the times of the tournament. He'd rather see the tournament finish at a slightly more appropriate time (last time was just past midnight!!) and i have to say i agree with him, because of multple reasons:

- More people will be able to watch the grand finals, not having to worry about making the last train
- Brawl will probably take more time alltogether... starting a bit earlier will give us more time to get the tournament done

Times that have been discussed are quite a bit earlier and i feel i can't change the time that much only 11 days in advance. this is my proposal:

Current times:
venue opens at 10:30 -> registration and freeplay
tournament starts at 11:30 -> teams first

suggested times by the venue owner:
venue opens at 9:00 -> registration and freeplay
tournament starts at 10:00 -> teams first

I think these times are a bit too early to be honoust so the times i suggest are these:
venue opens at 9:00 -> registration and freeplay
tournament start at about 10:30/11:00

What do you guys think about this? It will ensure more playtime, and a better tournament in my opinion.

EDIT: Ok the general response (on the dutch forum) atm is: opening at 9:00 and strating at 11:00 is fine (so half an hour earlier)... starting 1 hour earlier (10:30) is too early

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
He is on the list and i will confirm him as well ^^ I haven't updated the Smashboards list yet, only the one in the Dutch forum. I will update this one today. But just so it's sure: Reaper is on the list and confirmed as of now =)

@Aniolas: oeh... airplanes are starting to fly again =D looks like it'll all be fine
To everyone: I've allowed some signups and changes even though the registration period was actually closed. As of now: Registration is really closed, no more signups, only confirmation/deconfirmation. If there are a couple of deconfirms i might allow some more sign-ups, but beware that even if i allow another late registration: you have to arrange housing yourself in that case!
Actually airports in Scandinavia are closing more.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
alright thanks Exalador

regarding housing: anyone willing to house reaper from tuesday or wednesday to sunday? : )

asked me to ask you again

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey Biggad, are you teaming with reaper for Brawl? I'm looking for a legit teammate...

:059:

Ninfreak

Smash Cadet
I'm also still looking for a teammate on Brawl actually... oh and I'm confirming btw ^^

Edit: I can bring a Wii if necessary, with Brawl and Melee of course ^^

Exalador

Smash Lord
I'm also still looking for a teammate on Brawl actually... oh and I'm confirming btw ^^

Edit: I can bring a Wii if necessary, with Brawl and Melee of course ^^
YESSS!!! please bring a wii, we reaaally need some more wii's for brawl =D

melee tourney will be a 16 or 32 men bracket ?
Depends on final number of entrants, but the bracket will be anywhere between 20 and 40 players.

to 80% confirmed
sorry man, you aren't on the list and both lists are full =( on top of that: registration is closed

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Exalador im guessing TaYim is reaper... thats a big guess though

Nyr

Smash Cadet
Yeah, don't expect anything super special though. Been slacking off on the training lately, but I'm going to a smashfest this weekend to brush up my skills a bit I hope.

Feel free to pick another partner though. Or a lvl 9 Ganondorf.

Exalador

Smash Lord
o_O wow, first M2K drops a post in here and now even more American interest/posts... nice! =D
I would love to watch this tournament! Or I would love to at least watch the venue while the tournament is going on.. Is there any way someone can livestream it?
Gonna be really hard to get it done for this ZEST =( I'm gonna make it an issue to get a livestream on the next edition of ZEST though.
amsah got this
My thoughts exactly :p if Amsah and Armada will clash again... it's gonna be epic ^^
I was interested into this but it's too early now LOL hopefully another big tournament happens near France or something like that I'll definatly come.
o_O interest from Ally as well? dang xD There is a big tournament in the works for France... ESA4 should be somewhere in June I think, but afaik it's melee only though, so not your thing =(

Mr-R

Smash Champion
god im so hyped for this, ally u could still make !!! use instant transmission

Exalador

Smash Lord
I'll update the list soon, i've been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too busy and have been getting way too little sleep lately =( (13 hours of sleep in total over the past 3 days). Don't worry, i'll update it ASAP.

@ everyone: If you are able to bring a Wii (including brawl) for BRAWL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW... we still need some Wii's to cover all the setups!!!!!!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I kinda assumed that because of "6am" (so it can't be (Central) European Time), but I don't think I've ever seen it called "ET" before =)

BTW, haven't seen you on MSN. We missed the cheap flights to APEX again.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
The internet connection there won't be adequate.
Ah I see, because if someone brought their laptop with a webcam on it, they could at least point the webcam on the main tv, and we could at least get a jist of whats going on. Maybe the internet isn't good enough to stream cube feed, but it might be good enough to stream the webcam is what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom