• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo's 7th Pro Player spotlight: Mr. R "girls find my european accent sexy"

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Welcome everyone to ZeRo's 7th Pro Player spotlight. I am here with Mr. R the beast from Europe and the best Marth in europe:

Ramin Delshad, also known as Mr. R!​

ZeRo: Mr. R, how are you doing my good friend?

Mr. R: Doing good! Just got back from work and just chilling in my room.

ZeRo: Excellent. What is your job about?

Mr. R: I work at a supermarket as a leading function haha.

ZeRo: Great! Mr. R, this is often a long discussion everywhere you're mentioned at, and we want to know the absolute truth, and who better to ask than you. Who is better Leon or you?

Mr. R: Hahaha not this again! Well to be honest we both have our good and bad points. I think my general playstyle works better against most players, but Leon's follow up game is by far superior. The last 3/4 times I played him I did win though but that was months ago and he's improved a lot since then, but then again so did I! I think leon has the potential to become amazing (even more amazing then he is now) if he just slightly adjusted his playstyle.

ZeRo: Very honest and polite answer! Who is better at the MK match up?

Mr. R: In all honesty, I think my practice with Orion these last 2 years make me better at the MK matchup than him. Also playing every top level Metaknight from the states for a while definetely helped a lot too.

Mr. R and Orion at Apex 2012 earlier this year.

ZeRo: What about Mikehaze? From Apex, it seemed like he was better, atleast in the ditto.

Mr. R playing MikeHAZE at Apex 2012 earlier this year. The set can be found HERE

Mr. R: Well, he defintely outplayed me at apex. I've improved alot though since then. But I still think marth dittos are inconsistent and stupid though so it could go either way, haha.

ZeRo: Definitely practicing correctly is a key factor when you're using Marth at a tournament level. Speaking about that, tell us, how do you practice?

Mr. R: Well, before a tournament I practice a lot offline. When I don't have anyone to practice with, I play 99 stock matches against CPU snake at least once a day.

ZeRo: On what things do you focus on when you're practicing?

Mr. R: Usually just tech skill. My fast falling and F-Air spacing need to be on point 100% of the time, which is why marth is such a frustrating character to play at a high level of play, haha.

ZeRo: Would you say that you're the fastest Marth?

Mr. R: Yes!

ZeRo: Awesome! You were certainly amazing when I played you at Apex.
Speaking about Apex, what are your plans for the next edition of it, Apex 2013?

Mr. R: Well, I really really REALLY want to go. but it's gonna depend on my school/work sitatuation. I could afford it though! so money is not an issue haha.

ZeRo: That is great to hear. We all hope you come. Do you do anything special, preparation-wise, for really big tournaments, like Apex?

Mr. R: I'll probably go to the states a week in advance and just play like 6/7 hours a day untill Apex!

ZeRo: That is a very good idea. Since you're an international player, you don't know the playstyles of everyone, so you can really put that practice to a good use. Mr R, do you have a teammate planned yet for Apex?

Mr. R: Well, as of now if my good friend istudying is going then I'll team with him, otherwise I'm gonna team with mah boy Atomsk ♥.

ZeRo: Sounds awesome. Now, let's go back in time a bit, shall we? SKTAR, how did that go for you?

Mr. R: SKTAR was a blast! defintely not satisfied with my placement but it was fun seeing everyone again, and I felt like I improved again.

ZeRo: Very nice to hear that you're improving. Who gave you the most troubles at SKTAR?

Mr. R: Defintely Ally. He is like the hardest person to play against for me. Granted he did sandbag vs me in friendlies to download me ( his words haha ), I think he still would have beaten me without doing that. I feel like I could take games/sets off of anyone else other than him.

Ally playing Tyrant at MLG Dallas. Mr. R's latest set vs Ally can be found HERE

ZeRo: Why is he so hard for you?

Mr. R: I honestly don't know, it's like he knows what I'm about to do every time. And all my tricks/mindgames just don't work on him!

ZeRo: Maybe you have troubles against Snake?

Mr. R: Perhaps, I haven't played any other top snake from the states so it's hard to know.

ZeRo: I see. What is your most memorable memory during a tournament trip?

Mr. R: Well, the highlight of my whole trip to the states must have been going to California with Vinnie. Met someone really special and also going to Dennys afterwards with like 22 people was AMAZING!

ZeRo: Sounds awesome! Who did you meet, if we can know?

Mr. R: HAHAHA, let's just say alot of girls find my european accent sexy ;)

ZeRo: Who doesn't love Mr R's accent!

Mr. R: Everybody loves my accent ;).

ZeRo: Yep, yep! Now, going back to Smash, what advice would you give to up and coming Marth players wanting to succeed at the Pro Scene just like you do?

When in doubt, Up B.

ZeRo: That sounds simple, but it really isn't. Mr R, any chance of you giving out pro lessons?

Mr. R: Haha, as long as I don't need to wifi people, then I'm willing to help/critique anyone that hits me up.

ZeRo: Sounds good. Could you link us to a video that you feel shows your skill level, or simply a play that defines you?

Mr. R: Hmm I'd say from the most recent sets I've had this one is definetely my favorite (Click HERE) As stupid as marth dittos are, I'm really good at it cause I feel my like spacing is better than most marths and that is defintely the most important factor in Marth dittos.

ZeRo: Great! Now, to wrap this up Mr R, any shoutouts you want to give?

Mr. R: Shoutouts to europe, I have really high expectations for my boy quiksilver in japan ;) he's gonna be the next big thing!

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Trying out a more picture/video based format. Along with different kind of questions. Tell me what do you guys think about the new changes, and on what I should improve/work in, or what do you guys want to see in the future spotlights!

-ZeRo

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
pero zero wn, que mierda estas haciendo aqui? xd

amazing interview by the way, "When in doubt, up B" best quote ever xddd

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I follow that mantra as well, just slight differently worded: