• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo to compete in Smash Ultimate under new sponsor

ZeRo_To_Compete.jpg

Image credit: Tempo Storm

Gonzalo “ZeRo” Barrios, well known Smash Wii U competitor, announced that with the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he’ll be back to competing under a new sponsor: Tempo Storm, as tweeted here:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Prior to this, he had been a member of Team SoloMid since August of 2015. Prior to this announcement, rumors had been circulating that ZeRo was leaving TSM for another team, and the team’s branding had been featured less prominently on his stream and Youtube content.

To celebrate, he is now conducting an AMA here and he’s doing a giveaway with Tembo Storm with two Nintendo Switches as the grand prize. His introduction video to Tempo Storm can be found here,

ZeRo's Smash Bros guides and gameplay can be found on his YouTube and Twitch channels.

Author's Note: What do you think? Excited for ZeRo competing with Ultimate? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

First off, all star looks like **** because it is no longer multiple matches, and instead looks like just a reskinned endless smash. Second, spirits are quite literally custom parts but instead they are characters so you’re tricked into being satisfied by collecting them. And from what i could see out of that direct, mob smash doesn’t seem to have all the things that made it fun, like 3 and 15 minute melee. Also who could possibly call this the ultimate smash if it doesn’t have any form of target smash, and no trophies? Now there is no purpose to the vault, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who was disappointed by that. I’m just saying, in terms of SINGLE PLAYER content, this game sucks. Sure, the amount of options for vs matches is pretty much endless, and honestly quite cool, but without stadium modes, this really just doesn’t feel like smash anymore.
Tricked into being satisfied? You're either satisfied or not, not tricked into it. Clearly you're not, instead of "tricking yourself" into being greatful for what Master Sakurai and his team were able to create in a short period of time compared to other games. Obviously gamemodes are expected to be watered down in terms of content, but let's at least hope that the gameplay will be rich, especially since we now have a roster of 74 characters plus more to come. It was pretty much impossible to include trophies, which is why they came up with spirits instead, which I don't think too many people mind. You're the prime example of a person that wastes their time being pessimistic instead of hoping for the best. This game is set to be historic. Just because it doesn't feel like the old Smash you oh so adore doesn't mean it's not going to feel like a Smash game, typical "nostalgia > everything else" fan.

Top Bottom