• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Video Discussion

N810

Smash Cadet
not bad but needs work, here's my take on the VS lucario Vid:

at 1:42 you died because you tried to connect with an fsmash. By nearly two minutes in you did a lot of fsmashes, most were a good idea, this one wasnt. If you didnt know, ZSS's fsmash is one of if not her most unsafe move.

on 3rd stock you were chasing him all around the map, and this lost you a lot of headway. Dont chase/charge in during neutral without setting something up, lasers work well to set things up.

Work on getting your nair chains out of throw to be more consistent.

For that first match i didnt see you use your up-special once. Its a great move in many scenarios, especially offstage or if you are below them.

Second match against Lucario, your options out of throw are killing you. You got lucario when he was fresh, after his first stock, in a dthrow. You chose to fsmash, instead of nair chain or even just a dash attack chain. this would have cost him some percentages on that fresh stock, but instead you lost a stock. You throw out fsmash way too often. However, at 6:54 good fsmash. But then at 6:59... not so good.

For the Lucario fights, more lasers, more nair chains (especially out of dthrow/uthrow), better options in neutral.

Thank you for the advice. My ZSS is much better then those two vids now so I'm eager'd to share my progression when I'm on stream again.

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Good set man! I love the intelligent use of dsmash > fsmash. That mario needs to learn how to get away from the edge after he recovers from offstage.

EDIT: DUDE! i just got to game 4 at around 17:45 when you had him in that paralyzer stun and you connected with a bair and he up-b'd?!? what the hell was that? i bet you were like WTF???!

EDIT2: i had to make a gfycat of that. http://gfycat.com/ForthrightUnrealisticGosling

Last edited:

prem

Smash Apprentice
Good set man! I love the intelligent use of dsmash > fsmash. That mario needs to learn how to get away from the edge after he recovers from offstage.

EDIT: DUDE! i just got to game 4 at around 17:45 when you had him in that paralyzer stun and you connected with a bair and he up-b'd?!? what the hell was that? i bet you were like WTF???!

EDIT2: i had to make a gfycat of that. http://gfycat.com/ForthrightUnrealisticGosling
he wall teched it into instant upb

Top Bottom