• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Maybe in the all-star rest zone, but I myself have tried a long while to make this move worth something. It works with no one around if you do it next to something you can grab onto (the same way you can wall jump off those tiny ledges) but otherwise you need to be over someone. I'll have to try it in the all star rest zone and see what you're talking about there...
Ok see what ur saying. That's probably what did happen. Thanks for explaining this to me.

You were able to pull it off in the all star rest zone because you probably did it over a heart container.
Whats so amazing about this special footstool of hers is that she can footstool characters, items, some projectiles, pokemon from pokeballs and assist trophy characters.
Its THAT cool.
I didn't do on any heart container. It was probably the reason stated above. I probably just too close to a wall and just did it.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
if you upb someone in the air, and they end up right next to you, can you toadstool off of them? I would try this now, but Im away from home.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Imo this didn't deserve it's own topic so I'll just ask here if anyone else can confirm this:

I don't think Squirtle, GaW, or Jiggs can interrupt our AAA jab combo. It counts as consecutive hits in training mode, and I tried to escape it but I am by myself so its kinda hard. But I have no idea whether someone who is frame perfect can manage to escape.

It's nothing ground-breaking, but it would be nice to know if the jab combo is more useful in these matchups or not

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to do 3 dmashses instead of the regular just two?
I put Dmash on the down button on my wii remote, and i use the nunchuck config, so it works faster i think than people using the c stick because it is a button. I think i have pulled it off a few times in a match but not sure, anyone else find this out already? After it you should still be able to go into a dash attack.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Ok, just did it in training mode. You can pull off three hits but the last one will hit them while they are kinda being knocked back and they can attack back easily.

Though it doesnt always work, it depends on their damage.
All this information is on Mario, since he seems to be average of all the characters.
0-19 damage: You can pull it off, but expect to get hit because the last one hits them in the air while they land.
20-33 damage: Cannot do it, the stun time and the knockback make it so they aren't stunned long enough to hit with the third but the knockback is high enough to miss the third hit.
34+ Damage: The stun is now long enough to hit them with a third before, instead of doing a Dsmash, Dsmash, Utilt, perhaps a Dsmash x3, Up Air would be smarter, giving them a total of 43 damage instead of 33.

Adapt

Smash Lord
IIRC the ending lag on the third dsmash is just long enough that they can either DI out of the uair range or hit you before you can uair.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No, no, either two dsmashes to grab, or if you're confident your opponent can't tech, move behind them slightly, upB and re-dsmash them when they land.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
IIRC the ending lag on the third dsmash is just long enough that they can either DI out of the uair range or hit you before you can uair.
Ending lag? Dsmash? Surely you jest.

Also, Re: Thio's suggestion; You can do this, anyway. If they tech in place, you can still punish the tech with a Dsmash, and start over. If they techroll, then you can try to punish with a grab.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Down B? does this move have alot of priority? It's always hard to tell since you never clank other attacks with it and rarely get to hit using it as an actual attack.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Down B? does this move have alot of priority? It's always hard to tell since you never clank other attacks with it and rarely get to hit using it as an actual attack.
It has ALOT of priority, but you're never going to use it at a time when you need that priority.

M@v

Subarashii!
Generally, do tournaments require you to throw you armor pieces away at the beginning of the match? I think that would be stupid, considering how you can throw warios bike pieces and DDD and peach can pull out items. Me and severals others are wondering about this.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Generally, do tournaments require you to throw you armor pieces away at the beginning of the match? I think that would be stupid, considering how you can throw warios bike pieces and DDD and peach can pull out items. Me and severals others are wondering about this.
Any tournament that considers armor pieces unfair is no tournament worth going to. But no, most tournaments allow the use of armor pieces.

littlewolfy

Smash Rookie
Question, My main is Samus but I use zero suit samus pretty well when I use her final smash. So since I use ZSS pretty well should I make her one of my mains?

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
Question, My main is Samus but I use zero suit samus pretty well when I use her final smash. So since I use ZSS pretty well should I make her one of my mains?
I would think so, but most tourneys ban the use of smash balls, btw. I find ZSS's fighting style similar to Shiek's and Snake, so making her one of your mains would be easy, or at least I think, if you use those two. Just my opinion.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.. i never play as samus but i was interested in zss.. i never played brawl yet.. and it looked like they added a ton more features to the game.. like having to actually use the D pad..

Roager

Smash Ace
Any chance for a new ZSS player to get some overall tips? I know some basics, but any good tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Adapt

Smash Lord
The best thing you can do is read some of the threads linked in the ZSS resource center, and watch some videos (Snakee just uploaded a good one against Azen)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Has a name been decided on for the AT that allows Zamus to footstool out of the flip jump?

If not; a few ideas:

Flip Stomping
Flipstool Jumping
Flip Jump Footstooling

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's not an AT. Perhaps you need to refresh your definition of what that means, but ATs take timing and skill to do. Pressing jump somewhere in the vicinity of an enemy after doing a move isn't skill, and barely has timing.

Thus, it can just be called her down-B footstool.

Different properties != AT

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Has a name been decided on for the AT that allows Zamus to footstool out of the flip jump?

If not; a few ideas:

Flip Stomping
Flipstool Jumping
Flip Jump Footstooling
We call it "foot stooling out of a down-special." Nah but seriously, nobody gives a **** about naming it. The noobs that have come in posting about it keep calling it the Zap Jump after Lucas' AT.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's not an AT. Perhaps you need to refresh your definition of what that means, but ATs take timing and skill to do. Pressing jump somewhere in the vicinity of an enemy after doing a move isn't skill, and barely has timing.

Thus, it can just be called her down-B footstool.

Different properties != AT
Was there anything particularly technical about the shine? You could say the shine was less technical on its own that flipstooling. I personally like the idea of having a cute name for the Flip Jump's unique little footstool, not because it's an AT, but because I like having jargon.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Was there anything particularly technical about the shine? You could say the shine was less technical on its own that flipstooling. I personally like the idea of having a cute name for the Flip Jump's unique little footstool, not because it's an AT, but because I like having jargon.
Flip-stooling would be the only acceptable option then, because it's the only one that doesn't excessively try and explain it. Cake has spoken!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Flip-stooling it is, then.
Though, from the sounds of these responses, it seems like nobody even uses this...
Hopefully I'm wrong.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
For some reason dbfootstooling seems to lead into people running right into my sideB half the time.

Believer

Smash Rookie
I've been messing around with Zamus, trying to get good with her, and I came across a combo. It seems to work for me, and it's pretty simple.
Dashing attack
Up/Down tilt
Uair/Up B
Anything after that.

What do you think?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've been messing around with Zamus, trying to get good with her, and I came across a combo. It seems to work for me, and it's pretty simple.
Dashing attack
Up/Down tilt
Uair/Up B
Anything after that.

What do you think?
Have your friends learn how to shield, shieldgrab, DI, and airdodge, and try that again.

Sadly, that can work if timed properly, but often it just gets punished.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Have your friends learn how to shield, shieldgrab, DI, and airdodge, and try that again.

Sadly, that can work if timed properly, but often it just gets punished.
Personally, I go for dash attack -> jab -> random tilt. No less punishable, but it mixes things up a bit, and you can generally catch them with something. Forward and down tilts are much better for pressure, IMO, just because of their ability to move your opponent around.

Another nifty option is to flip jump the hell out of there.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
In the very few cases that you manage to break a shield and they're not within the damage range for a kill, what's your best option. Are there any consistent combos or is there not much you can do but just rack up a bit of damage?

Adapt

Smash Lord
go for dsmash>dsmash>something

gives about 30-40% damage depending on what move you use

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
In the very few cases that you manage to break a shield and they're not within the damage range for a kill, what's your best option. Are there any consistent combos or is there not much you can do but just rack up a bit of damage?
Full-charge dsmash -> dsmash -> something high in damage. If they're low enough for fair to combo, go for that. You can also try for Plasma Wire, usmash, Flip Jump, bair. It all depends on percent and how much time you have for set-up. At really low percent I'd go for: Full-charge dsmash -> SH uair -> Plasma Wire -> utilt/usmash/Plasma Wire or whatever.

High percent: Full-charge dsmash -> bair, for sure.

Which should be better for c-stick? Smashes or Special?
Smashes. B-sticking doesn't bring anything particularly amazing to ZSS' game which she cannot already do.

Zero.

Smash Rookie
Do most ZSS mains use c stick for aerials or A + joystick? Also is there any benfit to using the c stick for aerials?

Top Bottom