• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
I really hope there's a way to start a match as her in the final version of Brawl. I don't want to have to go find a Smash Ball before I can try her out.
I completely agree. In fact, I sent an email to Nintendo Power player's pulse about it. Maybe if you send one as well, they'll be more likely to print one.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I completely agree. In fact, I sent an email to Nintendo Power player's pulse about it. Maybe if you send one as well, they'll be more likely to print one.
This works. Players Pulse is like, right there across the hall from Sakurai. They go out and have coffee regularly.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Zamus is the barbie doll of video games. While Peach and Zelda are just bratz. Everyone knows that.

What spooks me out though is the first poster was 100% correct about the Samus/Zamus transformation.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Why would I be sarcastic about this?
I don't know, the things in your post just sounded rather implausible. They sounded like the kind of things a person would say to be sarcastic. This being a text-based medium, it's hard to tell the tone of a post. No hard feelings or anything like that.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I have proof that zero suit samus is a playable character on the roster. Here's my proof:

1. In the shadow moses island part of the smash bros dojo, there are 3 clips that are at the bottom of the page. These seem to come on before the match, and zero suit samus has one, so she should be on the roster.

2.On the "what is the subspace emissary?" part of the website, there is a picture of zero suit samus in her part of the story, you have to be the character from the start- not via final smash, to do this.

3. There are a lot of pictures on the website with zero suit samus on them, and I doubt that they use samus' final smash just to get pictures of zero suit samus...

Those are my thoughts, tell me what you think.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have proof that zero suit samus is a playable character on the roster. Here's my proof:

1. In the shadow moses island part of the smash bros dojo, there are 3 clips that are at the bottom of the page. These seem to come on before the match, and zero suit samus has one, so she should be on the roster.

2.On the "what is the subspace emissary?" part of the website, there is a picture of zero suit samus in her part of the story, you have to be the character from the start- not via final smash, to do this.

3. There are a lot of pictures on the website with zero suit samus on them, and I doubt that they use samus' final smash just to get pictures of zero suit samus...

Those are my thoughts, tell me what you think.
Ahem!
{cracks knuckles}...

Dyce's Super-debunking of this post:

1. This could be, but remember Fox/Falco's secret taunt on Venom and Corneria? It will most likely work the same way.

2. That is a CG cutscene.

3. Two things: (A) Yes, they could have gone through the trouble. (B) They are the ones programming the game. Ever heard of 'debug mode'? They can test whatever they want, on whoever they want, wherever they want, and whenever they want.

I am TOTALLY for the side of Zamus being a startable character (and with Zamus' FS being a transformation as well, I don't see why it won't be), but your thoughts are viewed very narrowmindedly. It's almost like you didn't even attempt (or want to) look at the other possible explanations. (And by the way, #2 and #3 failed so hard. You're only half reasonable thought was #1.)

I'm sorry to come down so hard on you... but I mean c'mon.

Bosh

Smash Cadet
well i really like the samus from melee but if zamus is as good as people say she is then im definetly gonna try mastering her like samus in melee my offense is called raining fire id set up mines then use her down b bombs while being aerial really tick my friends off :)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Zamus is the barbie doll of video games. While Peach and Zelda are just bratz. Everyone knows that.

What spooks me out though is the first poster was 100% correct about the Samus/Zamus transformation.
Yeah I was sort of shocked that he got that right, but when you watch the trailer it is still somewhat predictable.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Just a quick question, how old is Samus? (in human years :p)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
She's 28 years old, 198 lbs, 6' 3" from what I heard.
Wow 6'3" that's tall for a girl, I'm 6'2" and I'm a male. Does it say her age in the manga or something? Oh and no way does she weight 198lbs (or 89kg for those of us who use the metric system) that's waaay too much for someone her size, that's more what Snake would weight.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow 6'3" that's tall for a girl, I'm 6'2" and I'm a male. Does it say her age in the manga or something? Oh and no way does she weight 198lbs (or 89kg for those of us who use the metric system) that's waaay too much for someone her size, that's more what Snake would weight.
I don't know where the weight and size come in, but I know it says somewhere in Prime that the Chozo found her a few (unit of made-up time that has the prefix "Deci-" in it, so it's obviously based on the number 10) ago. I assume that makes her just less or more than 30 years old. Probably less, cuz she's really, really hot, as opposed to just really hot. :p (I'm a vidjophile)

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
I don't know where the weight and size come in, but I know it says somewhere in Prime that the Chozo found her a few (unit of made-up time that has the prefix "Deci-" in it, so it's obviously based on the number 10) ago. I assume that makes her just less or more than 30 years old. Probably less, cuz she's really, really hot, as opposed to just really hot. :p (I'm a vidjophile)
It was probably decicycle, by which I assume they mean solar cycle. Which would make one decicycle equal 10 years.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Going by today's update (12/05- Battle for the Smash Ball), you can turn off final smashes.

So I'm wondering if ZSS is going to be completely unusable if Final Smashes are turned off. I hope Sakurai thinks ahead and adds some way to start the match as ZSS instead of normal Samus.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
ZSS looks so cool, I can't help but think that she'll play like Sheik. I imagine she will playable from the start if she is made into a separate character; or like Shiek, can be playable if you pick Samus and hold a button right before the match starts :/.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THis is funny, I just looked at my prediction Roster from just after Melee for the next Smash game...

and among the characters are:

King Dedede
Meta Knight
Pit
Wario

and, wait for it

Armorless Samus!!!

...of course I didn't know it would be called "Zero Suit" 6 years ago (Or however long it was)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
198 would be high for a girl OF AVERAGE HEIGHT. You're forgetting she's 6'3. You keep the same muscle per height and fat per height, the numbers are going to get higher together. Plus she has a lot of muscle, even if her SSBB model doesn't show it off very well.

courte

Smash Lord
we all know what the ZSS final smash should have been... She needs her ship to put on/take off the suit. I can see over loading her laser and the suit falling off, but she should call in her gunship!! Emphasis on Gun, while her suit is being replaced for about 20-30 seconds, she rains death strafing left and right, hovering slightly above the stage. Pick whichever Ship you want to see IDC, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a new one up... dissapointment

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
At this point, starting as Zamus seems very complicated. Say someone were to main Zamus, but not Samus. The it would be kind of unfair to have the player run until the FS comes out then allowing her to change. In that case it would make sense to allow players to choose to start off as Zamus. But with that said, if one mains Zamus and plays with FS, then essentially, Zamus can't even use the FS, since it changes her to Samus. At least Samus has the big beam. In a match with absolutely no items, not even FS (which i consider an item), then the person maining Zamus is lacking their main.

Where it gets REALLY complicated would be someone who would want to use BOTH characters in the match to kind of mix up his opponent. I'm not very experienced when it comes to SSBM Tournaments (this does not reflect my play level), but I would imagine Zelda/Sheik players would be allowed to switch between the characters at will. For Z/Samus in this case, in order to switch between both, you would NEED to play with FS, which I would assume that Tournaments would no allow in a match-up, considering that it is an external factor that can change the outcome of the match.

This is something that I haven't seen in any of the demoplays provided. After Samus's FS, and you become Zamus, would you respawn as Zamus? Or would you respawn as Samus?

My mind boggles...

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
if you're zamus and you die you return as zamus, but Nobody is sure if you can or can't start as ZSS, and im not sure if smash balls are banned from tournaments yet.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
anything that has too much of a luck factor in a tournament should and will be banned. the final smashes are very cool looking, but they would interfere with the matches in my opinion. this is why im hoping z suit samus is her own character because i already have ideas on how she will combo.

she reminds me alot of ivy from soul calibur (which i main) so i can imagine her up B being very useful in pulling airborn opponents out of a jump/float/glide or whatever. all she would have to do is get under the opponent..maybe do a nice air juggle with u-tilts/u-smashes/u-throws and then the up B. a way to start this would probably be paralyzer, run up and grab, U throw, and take it from there. also doesnt her u-air look like captain falcons in melee?

Looper

Smash Journeyman
if this was official, nintendo would have made this thread.

i'm sick of all these "official" threads

gamer8

Smash Lord
There are rumors going around that you can start as Zamus in a match if you hold the "R" button on the GC and Classic controller, and hold the "-" button on the Wii-mote.

Can anyone here verify if this is true or not?
It is true, you're kinda late, someone already confirmed it.

Top Bottom