• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely excited about her. From the (few) videos we have of her, it looks that her smash attacks (on the ground at least) use her whip. This gives her an incredible range, that of a swordsman like Link or Ike. As for knocking the gun out of her hand, I'm sure that's just one of the hit animations. Weren't there pictures of Fox holding his gun when he wasn't using his B move?

Neogeek23

Smash Cadet
I know what it is - I was just thinking that zero won't have to jump to get smash balls above her - she'll be able to "beat on it" with her up-b, while keeping herself very able to juggle around opponents

Gaming24:7

Smash Rookie
Players will only be able to play as Zero Suit Samus once they have used the smash ball where Samus will use her special attack leaving her with no suit due to the impact of her beam gun. Samus and ZSS are the same character

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Players will only be able to play as Zero Suit Samus once they have used the smash ball where Samus will use her special attack leaving her with no suit due to the impact of her beam gun. Samus and ZSS are the same character
...we know that...we just want that in the actual game, you can hold A or something before the match so you can play as ZSS at the beggining, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Is ovious that she wont get a separate character spot in the character selection screen (like sheik). ZSS has to much potential to only be a secondary effect of a FS.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why they couldn't make it the same as with Sheik, where you hold A before the match begins. I think ZSS is an awesome character, in looks and moves. It would be impossible to play a no items 1v1 match with ZSS since you couldn't have Smash Balls.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
ZS does not look great to me at all
if i play with samus no smash ball for me

but the Zero cannon looks badass might have to use it regardless

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So...in the three-to-four days that this has been playable, has ANYONE even touched ZSS' Down Special Move? Seriously, we have all the SM except one. o_O

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Has anyone else noticed that Zero Suit Samus looks like the Invisible Woman?

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
Yeah when I play with Samus no items and that includes the Smash ball, unless you get your suit back or something.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
yeah her voice would be interesting, hopefully unlike the weird mechanical noises samus makes in ssbm.

very unfeminine...

I think if Zamus has a girly voice then whenever she get hit...it won't sound too good if you know what I mean

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
I want ZSS in, because she looks though. fast, with range.
I do not want her for the reason most of yall do.
*cough*Skin-tight Suit*cough*

However, i want two new Metroid charecters in.

Ridley

Dark Samus

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Well i'm not complaining about the skin tight suit

I just hope she is not as sucky as what the people are saying
atleast she can get here armor back so that's a plus

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Do you want your name in the sig?

On topic: I really want to try out ZS the whip grapple thing seems very cool
along with the attacks some seem strong others seem weak

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
never mind, i already have one.
I just need regular samus, which is being made for me, and i will have the Fab Four!
Ridley
Dark Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Samus

gamer8

Smash Lord
I want ZSS in, because she looks though. fast, with range.
I do not want her for the reason most of yall do.
*cough*Skin-tight Suit*cough*

However, i want two new Metroid charecters in.

Ridley

Dark Samus
I couldn't have said it better myself. Dark samus might be an alternate costume though, Ridley should be in though, hopefully not a boss in adventure mode, but yeah zero suit samus is a great character and should be playable.

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
I mean, how can she not be good?

She is a fast charecter, with a HUGE range, and the ability to go to an equally good charecter at the smash ball's will, and then change back again?
In large games like 99 man Stock(You should try iy, I love it), she can las tthe whole match

gamer8

Smash Lord
Man I played 99 minute, gonna do this loads in brawl, especially with stage maker, but anyways lets get back on topic: zero suit samus discussion.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
sorry to but in, I know Samus is mostly based off her Super metroid appearance (and I know this is only cosmetic) but they should have her use her other arm for her grapple like in prime trilogy

reason why:

1. when she hits people she grabs she can hit them with her arm cannon or shoot them at close range
2. its a more logical and efficient way of gappling as in prime she could swing and shoot at the same time
3. it gives her other arm an excuse to be used (last one is kinda a joke)

what do you think?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
sorry to but in, I know Samus is mostly based off her Super metroid appearance (and I know this is only cosmetic) but they should have her use her other arm for her grapple like in prime trilogy

reason why:

1. when she hits people she grabs she can hit them with her arm cannon or shoot them at close range
2. its a more logical and efficient way of gappling as in prime she could swing and shoot at the same time
3. it gives her other arm an excuse to be used (last one is kinda a joke)

what do you think?
Thank you! There are actually so many things I feel they could do to Samus to make her more like the game version, really any game version. Multiple screw attacks, for one thing. They could also make her charge shot faster, or at least make you hold b to charge, she could also be allowed to move while charging.

I'd also really like to see ice missiles, but that seems to be a no go. I'd also like to see morph ball as her crawl. I guess we can't have anything we want.

Top Bottom