• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus in Minus: Requesting ideas

Xyless

Smash Master
I've already made a topic about this about half a year ago, back when we were planning her. However, now we're going to try a different method for messing with her that might make her possible to customize more.

So, for those of you who haven't used Minus:
-If you would give ZSS anything, what would it be? Remember that this is a world where Bowser won't flinch to any attack over 10%, Zelda has crazy range, and Fox can wavedash, so "crazy" over-the-top ideas are welcome just as much as making her better.
-What would you consider ZSS's biggest strengths and weaknesses in vBrawl (normal Brawl)? Have you had any ideas to cover these weaknesses or amplify her strengths?
-Is there any physics you'd like to change about her?

For those of you who have used Minus:
-From your experience, what does she need to make her a better character? Is her shorthop height changed too much, or does it work for her? Could she use a better down smash?
-Do you know her "secret abilities", such as being able to paralyzer with her third jab if pressing B (special) at the same time as pressing A, her flipkick letting her do the flip again, or holding her side B to knock her opponent towards her instead of away? She can also jump out of her up throw at a certain frame.
-What do you consider her best/worst MU's? Why do you think this? Is there a way we could change ZSS to "balance out" these MU's?

(and a little picture I made back when 1.0 was released pointing out some of her "biggest changes")

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Dsmash Neutral or Advantageous on block?

Holding Down during dair quickdrops her but the quickdrop can be canceled into airdodge with the prexisting momentum?

Dash Attack projectile invulnerable?

Power Suit Pieces Spawn on Share Stock?

just ideas off the top of my head.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
- If she's hit out of down+B, she recovers it (like Diddy Kong)

- Down taunt (I think? Spinny thing) reflects projectiles

- 3 jumps?

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
...Transforming into Samus with the taunt thing would be easier...? I never could do it...
Make side b have better range, less recovery, and moar hit stun. XD

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
DownB recovery
downtaunt a viable reflector
crouch just SLIGHTLY lower
jab connects
grab faster
neutralb over the entire stage

>zss is now broken

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Make her able to switch from and to Samus, and maybe with an easier method.

solecalibur

Smash Master
My vote is to make her Neutral b a tad slower and make it last longer and further so I can hide behind it as an approach maybe taking a little more priority then some projectiles

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Give her:

Utilt less cooldown.

Jab 1 >2 >3 hits everyone and deals 10% instead of 7%.

Grab comes out faster and has less cooldown.

Down+b Kick Auto Cancels as soon as you land.
The late hitbubble spikes aerials foes.

Neutral+b double range.

Fsmash higher knockback.

Dtilt less knockback.

Nair hitbubble lasts longer.

Dair sends ppl diagonaly down and has higher knockback,
as well as less Landing Lag.

Bthrow kills at like 160%.

Neutral+b makes ppl fall asleep, LOL!?

Cheeszeman_

Smash Cadet
ive used minus and her dair is highly spammable due to hitstun and sh height

i like her sh height, but it doesn't work well with her current fair. faster fair

regular forward-stepping dsmash, instead of how it is now (slight step back)

more priority on some of her moves

btw i knew abt the sideB trixies, but not the jab3->paralyzer shot nor the flipkick returning downB nor the upthrow thing. good to know! :)

I LOVE Brawl-!! hopefully it'll be a side event at my next tournament. if it is, i'll record a bunch of matches and put them up on youtube and link them on the Brawl- thread.

Also, consider giving everyone a wave-dash type move. as it is, characters like fox and rob and marth zip allllllllll over the place while characters like boozer are stuck basically grounded. its much easier for heigher mobility characters to camp, which is annoying. but there are a LOT of annoying things in minus *coughsquirtlesuaircough*
soooooooo **** fun though! pleeeaaase update it soon!

solecalibur

Smash Master
yah wavedashing is kinda a huge , either get rid of it or give it all to the cast because I had someone at my tounry who figured out fox can wavedash then got 2nd instantly at our brawl- tounry (30+ entered)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Make her Jab #1 come out 1 frame before you push the button.
So when you press A, the game travels back 1 frame and then you Jab :awesome:

Top Bottom