• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus guide 1.0

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Why is there no mentioning of the Down B amazing footstool?
So many people have never heard of this.
And its a horrible crime.
This tech seriously bones people in the mind.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Why is there no mentioning of the Down B amazing footstool?
So many people have never heard of this.
And its a horrible crime.
This tech seriously bones people in the mind.
It's been brought up multiple times, mostly by idiots thinking they found a new amazing tech.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Im saying it deserves to be archived somewhere, specifically, in this guide, or any guide that concerns Zamus.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Very good guide, a nice addition onto it would be edge guarding though. I find that her tether recovery is really useful with hogging too. Good guide, and i dont know if you said it but after you down smash you can do another one too.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
thanks man i found out the down B on the ledge by myself and was looking to see if it was posted then continued reading for help on my zamus. Thanks this works great.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So yeah, guess who's back.

Sorry I kept putting off the update but I switched characters over to DeDeDe, then I got out of Brawl all together because I wanted to go back to Melee, and I am terrible at playing two games at once. Then the other night I was at a friends house and he wanted to play. I used DeDeDe and lost pretty badly since I was so out of practice. Then I remembered, "hey, didn't I used to use Zamus". After switching over to her I suddenly fell in love with the game again.

So long story short, the update is finally coming, probably sometime after the 4th. Thanks for waiting.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
well... I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already (I´m too lazy to read all of this guide now, plus I have to study xD) but you can also do the up-b during a dash animation "jump-cancelling" it (just jump and quicly press up-b). One can use this technique to combo, for example, you can grab and use your "down throw" and quickly dash and jump cancel your up-b to catch him with your chain (then you can follow it up with w/e you want).

Also, you can use the down-b after a down throw to spike them near a ledge in early %. Although, this is not a combo so your opponent could just dodge it or hit you... But if hits... is almost an instant kill :p

sry if both things have been mentioned...

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Alright guys, sorry about being gone so long but I don't play Zamus that much anymore. I considered just letting this guide go, but I feel bad about promising to update it and then not doing it, so I'm gonna go ahead and do an update soon. I still play Zamus a little but she isn't my main anymore and I've been devoting more time to other characters. Mainly Captain Falcon, I hope you'll understand, he really needed my help.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How about passing this guide along to someone else? I wouldn't mind doing it seeing as I'm taking up Zamus for teams, and know quite a bit about her, and I can update the guide with some pics (lol LQ unless someone wants to gather them) and just pretty up the guide.

Also. Necropost, so this is easier to see by newer Zamus.

(by pass it on, I mean just let them take all the info you already have gathered, create a new topic, copypasta, and update the guide from there and let this one rot to the ground like it did before I posted.)

Gindler

Smash Champion
So I was just wondering...how fast do you have to press up-down-up on the dpad to go from samus to zamus? I've been tryin' but it never seems to work when i want it to...sorry for the non main noobish Q

Top Bottom