• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Brawl Recolors

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nice job. I really like the orange one. A lot. Wow.

But I think you should also go back and look at some of the old games to see variations on what Samus has looked like without a suit on. For instance, in the old Metroids, she was a brunette, and thus a brunette Samus, perhaps in a pink jumpsuit, to fit the original Metroid, would be classic.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
nice, except you're missing the one recolor that we actually know to be in the game: black with white trim: zero suit samus's colors when samus wears the Phazon suit.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I like the red, white, and purple ones. The pink is too bright, and the yellowish one clashes with her hair. Maybe if it was more green.

finalark

SNORLAX
Very nice, but you know, if someone can find a color or something of the sort that doesn't make her look like Sci-fi Taki, then please tell me.

I think this is better costume.
I think you have Smash Bros and Dead or Alive mixed up.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I finally figured out how to recolor. Tell me what you think of this zero suit samus recolor.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Original poster, you have a thing or two yet to learn about recoloring.

Look at her left shoulder. See the splotches of a strange color on them? Phailure. Do it without those splotches.

Want to know how? Don't recolor as a master, recolor each hue group individually. Samus's Zero Suit includes both blue and cyan hues, and cyan has a hue that is 60 degrees lower. You recolor as a master, those spots are ALWAYS going to be 60 degrees lower hue, even if it doesn't make sense. Look at yellow. The shoulder is red. Red is 60 degrees lower than yellow.

If you want to make the yellow look good, do with blue what you did to the master to get it. Then alter cyans 60 degrees more or less (Depending on which way you went) than you alter blues, and it should all be yellow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The grey one is my favorite, mostly cuz Melee made me fall in love with neutral colors lol.

Top Bottom