• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Stocked ! Melee & Brawl in Germany, Dortmund.

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
Last Update : 05.10.

-Fixed Rules
-Fixed Pots
-Location & Date confirmed
-contact details added

Note * Logo & name can still change

Date

08.01.10 - 10.01.10 !!! CONFIRMED!

Events

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Draft Match*
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles

*U surely know what Drafting is about. The top 32 drafting!

contact

mobile : +491577 / 5317445
phone : +49234/ 9178830

Email/msn : Wuschel.xD@hotmail.de

Name :André Neumann
adress : Rechenerstraße 2a
44787 Bochum

solar :

Email :Juli-sp@live.de

Information

Location is confirmed. Its big enough for about 100+ ppl!

available :

- 3 big rooms, one can be used as sleeping place. However, if it is nessesary, we are going to allow playing there also.
-a complete kitchen can be used
- hi-fi equipment
- 2 toilet rooms, no showers. Im actually thinking about a way to let every1 shower at least once.

photos & more to come!

Prices

Venue : x e
Melee Singles : 8 €
Melee Teams : 8 €
Brawl Singles : 5 €
Brawl Doubles : 5 €

THE MAIN EVENT IS STILL MELEE!(in case ur wondering about prices)

Ruleset

-All brackets have the double elimination system.
Bracket Sets will have Bo3 Set, winners und losers semi finals will be Bo5, winners, losers und grand finals are Bo7 sets.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both players have an equal amount of stocks and percentage the victor will be determined through the sudden death match starting automatically.

- Crashing/freezing the game, making the a player immobile (i.e. ic freeze glitch) or simply put making a match impossible to be finished by playing (timer doesnt count here) will result in a loss for the player who caused this even if it happened by accident.

- Disagreement about controller ports or (team-)colors will be settled
through a game of rock-paper-scissors or by flipping a coin.

- Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she
may request a specific color for his or her player or his or her team.

- Items off, Handicap off, damage ratio 1.0

- Friendly Fire on, Pause on

- Life Stealing in teams is allowed

- Dave’s Stupid Rule
This is only affecting sets that are higher than Bo3. Players/Teams are not allowed to counterpick the last counterpicked stage he/she/they won on. The first stage which has been determined through stage striking does not count.

- Pamaro’s Stupid Rule
A player/team has 3 minutes for choosing his/her counterpickstage otherwise the opponent can choose the next stage to be played on.

Melee Rules

- 4 Stocks, 8 minute timelimit
- Stalling is forbidden (I.e. Rising Pound Stall, Wallbomber, etc. NOT Shino Stall)
- Wobbling is forbidden

General procedure of a set:

1. Double Blind Character Pick
- Both players/teams choose their characters for the first match.
• The player and the opponent are choosing the character in the same instance so an opponent is (should) not able to counterpick his/her character according to the pick of the player. If you (player) do not have faith in this system to work, be fair, your opponent to be honorable etc. you have the option to either write down your character pick on a sheet of paper or call somebody independent (preferably a TO) to tell him/her the character you will play, let the opponent choose his/her character, afterwards pick your character and have it validated through the person you told or the sheet of paper. Using a cell phone, notebook or any other electronic device is not allowed for this procedure due to the risk of manipulation.

2. Stage Striking
- Both players/teams take turns dismissing 2 stages in a 121 order from the list of 6 random stages to end up with the stage that has to be played for the first match of a set.

3. Stage Banning
- Each player/team may announce 2 stages in a 121 order to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
• Stage Banning only affects the counterpicks. The players are bound to play on the first stage that has been chosen during stage striking but they are allowed to ban the stage for the rest of a set to be counterpicked.

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. Advance Slob Picks
a. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List.
b. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
c. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

6. Repeat step 5 for all proceeding matches.

Legal Stages for Melee

Neutral Stages:
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Yoshi's Story
-Battlefield

Counterpick Stages:
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Mute City (banned in teams)
-Rainbow Cruise
-Poke Floats
-Jungle Japes
-Corneria
-Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams)

Brawl Rules

- 3 Stocks, 8 minutes timelimit
- Stalling is forbidden (I.e. Metaknight infinite cape glitch, etc.)

General procedure of a set:

1. Double Blind Character Pick
- Both players/teams choose their characters for the first match.
• The player and the opponent are choosing the character in the same instance so an opponent is (should) not able to counterpick his/her character according to the pick of the player. If you (player) do not have faith in this system to work, be fair, your opponent to be honorable etc. you have the option to either write down your character pick on a sheet of paper or call somebody independent (preferably a TO) to tell him/her the character you will play, let the opponent choose his/her character, afterwards pick your character and have it validated through the person you told or the sheet of paper. Using a cell phone, notebook or any other electronic device is not allowed for this procedure due to the risk of manipulation.

2. Stage Banning
- Each player/team may announce 1 stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
• If there is a disagreement about which player/team anounces the ban stage first this has to be settled by flipping a coin or a Bo3 game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

3. Advance Slob Picks
a. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List.
b. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
c. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

4. Repeat step 3 for all proceeding matches.

Legal Stages for Brawl

Neutral (random select):
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counterpick:
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Brinstar
-Yoshi’s Island
-Rainbow Cruise

Housing

I will be able to house about 10 persons. These slots are reserved for ppl who come from far away of course.
Solar can house about 10persons also I GUESS. I will update this soon.

We are searching for ppl who live around Dortmund and can house some ppl. PM me plz!

The "attenders" section is removed for the moment. I will create an email adress where registrations can be confirmed. Im also thinking about electronical money transfer, since its safer and better to watch over. Ill keep u up.

Hype @ any regional forums plz!:)

~Wuschl

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm in.

We need to talk about Ruleset/Stages tho.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
it's like
"Yeah I'm wuschel and I like to play marth so why not takin' battlefield to the random stages !!?"

I don't really like this stagepool that much =/

tero is right in sayin', that he wants to talk about the stages ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love the fact that a tournament hosted by a Melee player has a better stage ruleset for Brawl than most Brawl tourneys do -_-

If you want Brawl players to come to this you should increase the payout by a lot though. Seriously wtf @Melee having twice as much entry fee as Brawl? If you want to attract Brawl players increase the fees for Brawls (both at least 5€) otherwise there's no point...

Edit: I'm interested if you have reasonable entry fees for Brawl (hopefully I'm somewhat good at Melee until then ...).

:059:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Tournament hosts are stupid. They try to host tournaments for themselfs and use stupid rules and stages just because "they like them" or they're good for their characters...
We have this problem all the time (e.g. SMACK).

You should realize you're doing this for the community not for yourself.
Else you won't get any respect as a TO.

(Mad props to ZeroFrames btw, he was like the only TO to actually listen to more experienced people when hosting his first tournament)

Edit: Doubles/Singles should have the same entry fee, so should Melee and Brawl if you want to trade both equally.

Edit: Brawl ruleset is pretty good, add rainbow cruise and it's perfect.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
(Mad props to ZeroFrames btw, he was like the only TO to actually listen to more experienced people when hosting his first tournament)
Someone forgot about me & "Never gonna Smash you up" feat. Rick Astley ;) :D

The rules there were perfect ^^

btw. tero that's what I wanted to say with: "Yeah I'm Wuschel and .. " !! ^^

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
chill guys. actually i spoke with tero and the Melee Ruleset WILL change considering Stages.
Thanks Gheb. However, i actually just copy pasted the rules for brawl since i have no knowledge there. Rainbow Cruise will be added then. I will talk with other experienced To´s before im making final Changes!

Theres no way that i want to go egoistic and just put everything so i like it. As described at the first post, im very glad about every help i can get.

Tero.

Smash Champion
chill guys. actually i spoke with tero and the Melee Ruleset WILL change considering Stages.
Thanks Gheb. However, i actually just copy pasted the rules for brawl since i have no knowledge there. Rainbow Cruise will be added then. I will talk with other experienced To´s before im making final Changes!

Theres no way that i want to go egoistic and just put everything so i like it. As described at the first post, im very glad about every help i can get.
Well then.

@milkie: You've hosted that tournament with Luma so yeah that's fine ;)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good stuff. Thumbs up @ updates, like the changes a lot. I'll try to convince other austrian ppl like Serpit/Luigi Player/Link to come as well. 100+ ppl sounds tight and the weekend after christmas holidays looks like a perfect date for this. So yeah I try my best to come to this...

Edit: lmfao @ Wuschls stupid rule

:059:

Luma

Smash Lord
dsr only for bo5? bull**** imo
psr could be 2 minutes or even 1 minute per pick (since its stage | char | char, like this it would be 9 minutes)
1 stageban is enough
you'll need another randomstage for teams, or just get 1 off the list for striking

my 4 cents =D

Tero.

Smash Champion
dsr only for bo5? bull**** imo
psr could be 2 minutes or even 1 minute per pick (since its stage | char | char, like this it would be 9 minutes)
1 stageban is enough
you'll need another randomstage for teams, or just get 1 off the list for striking

my 4 cents =D
I support this.
Edit: Add KJ64 or BF for teams, both are fine.

"2. Stage Striking
- Both players/teams take turns dismissing 2 stages in a 121 order from the list of 6 random stages to end up with the stage that has to be played for the first match of a set."

Striking order is 1221 btw.

Also why are there two stagebans? That's unnecessary.

I'm going over the ruleset sometime next week, it still has some minor flaws in it.

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
As a Marth Player, i would NEVER intend to remove YS lol :D

1221 order tero? that sounds weird. 5 random stages ... -1 -2 -2 -1 = 5-6 = -1stage? 121 will let one Stage left to play on o_O maybe im a bit confused about that, tell me plz.

Tero.

Smash Champion
1221 order tero? that sounds weird. 5 random stages ... -1 -2 -2 -1 = 5-6 = -1stage? 121 will let one Stage left to play on o_O maybe im a bit confused about that, tell me plz.
1221 (or ABBA whatever you prefer) means player 1 strikes first, then player 2 strikes two stages then player 1 strikes another stage.

Example:

Player A strikes FD
Player B strikes YS
Player B strikes FoD
Player A strikes DL
and then the match will be played on the remaining stage (PS in this example).

As a Marth Player, i would NEVER intend to remove YS lol :D
Whatever character you play shouldn't affect your thinking about rulesets in any sense.

1221 (or ABBA whatever you prefer) means player 1 strikes first, then player 2 strikes two stages then player 1 strikes another stage.

Example:

Player A strikes FD
Player B strikes YS
Player B strikes FoD
Player A strikes DL
and then the match will be played on the remaining stage (PS in this example).

Whatever character you play shouldn't affect your thinking about rulesets in any sense.
I had never heard of this method until I came to Europe, it's quite odd, but I like it.

My only concern is do you guys have it so those stages are banned for the whole set?

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
just for the first stage. Bans are just for counterpicking, but they do not affect the first stage at all.

Tero, 121 is just exactly the same xd Its just stagenumbering, instead of player numbering.

blah luma, u can help me with seeding!:)
Maybe we rate u just high and Kjab top like in bremen?:p

Tero.

Smash Champion
I had never heard of this method until I came to Europe, it's quite odd, but I like it.

My only concern is do you guys have it so those stages are banned for the whole set?
No this is just to determine the stage for the first match.
What's the standard american version of stage striking?

just for the first stage. Bans are just for counterpicking, but they do not affect the first stage at all.

Tero, 121 is just exactly the same xd Its just stagenumbering, instead of player numbering.

blah luma, u can help me with seeding!:)
Maybe we rate u just high and Kjab top like in bremen?:p
If it's the same you should stick to the normal version (thus the version I mentioned).

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
hmm .. somehow I don't like stage striking at all.

m/b juz bcuz I'm not really familar with it, cuz I allways played the old-schoolish
random-stage-first-match-way ^^

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where the heck is Dortmund and does Ryanair fly anywhere close to there? I have nothing planned for Christmas, so I might go to this for the heck of it.

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
Dortmund is in germany, about 3-4 hours with train from Bremen.
There is an airport, so it shouldnt be a problem flying here.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
cool i will join^^
pm you as soon as i can^^

ah and
the rule with marth and yoshis story........is that a joke or are you serious???

sprichst du deutsch btw???

JUDGE

Smash Lord
omfg ok glad to hear that
btw random sux, stage striking ftw (wow wie viele abkürzungen ich verwende.....lol)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I might come to this...but needs more HYPE!!!!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
COMON, WE NEED MORE PPL !!! , GET HYPEDD!!
also this hasnt been updated in quite a while....?

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
JO
i'll join this tourney too^^
write you a pm another day

ich hoff das es was Großes wird :)

Top Bottom