• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero (Mega Man Zero series) Support Thread

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Since, surprisingly, no one has come up with this idea, I decided to make a Support Thread for Zero (the one from the Mega Man Zero series, and don't give me that Spirits deconfirm BS). I even made a custom fighter pack for him SINGLE HANDEDLY, here it is.
2020-02-08.png
2020-02-08 (1).png
2020-02-08 (2).png
2020-02-08 (3).png
2020-02-08 (4).png
2020-02-08 (5).png
2020-02-08 (6).png
2020-02-08 (7).png
2020-02-08 (8).png
2020-02-08 (9).png
2020-02-08 (10).png
2020-02-08 (11).png
2020-02-08 (12).png
2020-02-08 (13).png
It took almost a month to make, but I eventually made the deadline for the challenge this was initially made for on Discord (a Super Smash Bros. Fighter Pack challenge). It was actually worth making, since Zero is one of my favorite characters in the Mega Man X series and I honestly think we need more Capcom reps in Smash anyways, so I decided to make this. I hope you enjoy!

Supporters:
toonito toonito
Ace C.R.O.S.S. Ace C.R.O.S.S.
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
ALongWistfulSquiggle ALongWistfulSquiggle
H Herocin
Blankiturayman Blankiturayman
P.Kat P.Kat
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Clumsyzephyr Clumsyzephyr
KurokoGuy KurokoGuy
R RetrogamerMax
lady_sky skipper lady_sky skipper
P Phoenix Douchebag

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I support. Would be down for some mega man representation not that it needs any. Side note is this thread considered different from the actual zero thread which I believe exists?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I support MMZ. He'd be amazing in Smash, and I still remembered how great he was in MMZ4... That game was such a tear-jerker.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
he is actually my favourite Zero and really am thinking on getting his collection on the switch.

Don't think is feasible though since the other one is generally more popular, but i can totally see zero being based 90% on megaman zero zero, but they using the megaman X zero as the model (but a secondary skin for megaman zero zero...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Almost finished with my first Megaman X playthrough and I really love it! Seeing either X or Zero (preferably Zero) in Smash would mean the world to me. Add me to the supporters list!

KurokoGuy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-7839-2457
Switch FC
SW 3354 8684 7309
Zero In Smash? Hell Yeah, I Support!

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Put me on the support list, the Mega Man X series is my favorite of the Mega Man series and it'd be cool to see Zero in Smash Ultimate.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Zero is cool. I do prefer his X design but this one is cool too. I’ve never played the Zero series, would his X design work as an alternate costume and would he still be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Zero is cool. I do prefer his X design but this one is cool too. I’ve never played the Zero series, would his X design work as an alternate costume and would he still be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch?
1. Yes, His X design would work as an alt.
2. I was rather thinking Rino Romano, but Johnny Yong Bosch could work as well.

Big news: we're down to the final challenger pack. I still have faith that the red hero has a small chance of making it, but if he doesn't? Better luck next time. No need to complain, or - as Dawn puts it: "No need to worry."

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I just got MMZ and ZX Legacy Collection.

Mega Man Zero as a franchise is one that i always wanted to try out. I still remember going on Flash games (R.I.P) and finding two games that peaked my interest: Mega Man Zero Alpha, Mega Man Zero 1.5. I was a fan of the Nes games and the X series, so to see these games starring my favorite childhood hero was a treat, and introduced me to the MMZero series, which i consider one of the best things the GBA has given us alongside the Golden Sun games, Sonic Advance Trilogy and Mother 3. Those games had a deep influence on me. Mega Man Zero Alpha made me into a WASD guy on PC games permanently, and Ciel was one of my first character Crushes, and helped me shape my preference in kind, gentle Blonde Girls with Blue eyes, and i loved the general aesthetic of the Zero franchise and how it felt like a more mature yet not overly edgy take on Mega Man, while also making a more compelling and meaningful story that is not "Lol Wily and Sigma are at it again" and had a proper closure.

While i had a rough start with the first game, and have some gripes with the series in general (namely, im not a fan of locking Ex Skills behind the A rank, and the Elf system feels like a living contradiction) i have come to love this series, and i think it's superior in general to the first 2 franchises for not being as stale and changing things while keeping it faithful to the formula, plus due to how the game is designed, i feel like im much more skilled at these games than i was with the Classic and X series, where i could tank much more hits and cheese it with Boss Weapons, not so much here (Charged Z Saber notwithstanding) so i was forced to play better.

The first 2 Mega Man Series will always have a bigger place in my heart, I hold MMX4 and MM6 and 2 in high regard, but i wish the Mega Man series was willing to take more risks in the Platform Game department again, and this series reminded me as to why.

As for Zero in Smash, it's ****ing Zero, and while like many i have a bigger preference to his OG X look, i gotta say the GBA makeover is great, after seeing how many characters tend to get awful redesigns (Simon's Kojima look, Spyro's Skylander design, and Knuckles's..................whatever the hell Sonic Boom tried to be) Zero was tasteful and welcomed.

I know for a fact that Zero would be great to play in Smash, his Zero saber translates greatly, and i can imagine him having Mythra's speed with Roy's Power, plus his side tilt could be the moving Z saber attack like in the games, plus all the extra weapons and EX Skills he uses: Triple Rod, Chain Rod, Shield Boomerang, Buster Shot, Recoil Rod, Z Knuckle, and the EX Skills, Sharp edge, Tenshouzan, Shield Sweep, i can go on and on. I know Zero in Smash would be an insta-main, and the only character that rival my usage of Simon. We know Zero WILL be top-tier if he ever gets in Smash since he is ALWAYS top tier, but i for one, welcome our Crimson Reploid Overlord.

Inti Creates in general has gained my trust, as amlost all games i have tried out from them have been gems. The Blaster Master Zero games, the Gunvolt series, MM9 and 10, and now the Zero series is included among them.

Also technically the MMZ incarnation is not an AT, just a spirit like Pyra and Min Min, and we lack a Ciel spirit, so...................

Yeah, add me pal.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Teaser Trailer Idea: It starts off with Zero's wrecked helmet at Area Zero, and see a letter float down and land next to it. A blonde girl wearing a pink coat can be seen saying “Zero… I know you’re still out there… please come back…” Kirby looks on and hops down to try and comfort the girl, but then they see a light coming from the helmet. As the girl & Kirby watch in awe, a cyber-elf comes down, entering the helmet. The helmet rises up and a bright light covers the entire area. When the light clears, the girl and Kirby (the latter being held in the former’s arms) open their eyes and turn around to see Zero (Z) - put back together by his Cyber-Elf form - standing in front of them, and he turns around to say “Ciel… it’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”, with text popping after words saying: " This character is now in development."

DLC Pack:
Zero (Z) DLC Pack Idea.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom