• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeldas strengths?

Van.

Smash Ace
...what are they? I'm picking up Zelda as part of a bet, and I'm just wondering what zelda players consider her strenghts to be. Above average knockback on her moves maybe? Thanks

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
fair does like 20% and you have great air speed. Plus the blue dress is very important. However like about any one the greatest strength is the player.

TheLake

Smash Master
Aerial

RANGE

like...imagine a knee

that isnt as manly or combo efficent

but only gets out ranged by like 3 moves

DOPE!

she also is floatyish so like some dumb things dont work on her

but some OTHER dumb things work on her :(

D

Deleted member

fair/bair/fsmash are disjointed and lagless.

dsmash is fast and has high priority.

is funny to beat people with.

ya thats about it. zelda *****.

Zone

Smash Champion
OoS options

fair/bair/downsmash

grab/dash-attack/f-tilt (If you can land them they usually lead to mega ****). If you don't land them or get blocked, get punished.

F-smash is nice on shields after aerials to protect yourself.

Also she's fairs pretty well at shield poking when you get it down. (pun not intended)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
a lot of her moves have transcendant priority?

taken from smashwiki:

Zelda - Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, Neutral attack, forward tilt, up tilt, dash attack, forward smash, down smash, neutral air, forward air, back air, up air

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Her moves do have pretty good priority. She's so slow though that it's still hard to get a hit in regardless against any of the faster characters.

I guess blue is the most like Zelda dress. I play with the stock icon glitch so I use the default color.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
She can CG Fox.

Also, her Dsmash comes out very quickly (it's her Get Off Me! move).

When her opponent is at higher percents she can dtilt > Dmash combo which has downward horizontal knockback.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
too slow try again

zelda is pick blue kick. all manner of kick.

we've also added

d-tilt/d-smash edgeguard or kick.

f-smash sometimes or kick.

dash attack through aerials or kick.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
It works if it hits. But it doesn't do that too often since the character you're playing against will undoubtedly be faster than you, bait it, and punish. It can be good to throw out rarely, just don't make it a regular thing.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
lol does anyone know exactly how much the blue dress extends her foot by? Is it 1 pixel? Gotta take everything we can get. We're already playing Zelda :p

TheLake

Smash Master
70 pixels times the victims lives you've taken with her upair

so like add 3 to that...

yeah that sounds about right

ZONE WHY DIDNT WE PLAY AT ROM LIKE OMGZ!!

Zone

Smash Champion
lol I was not at ROM3, After apex fail plane, I no longer wish to travel out of FL for tournaments. (except maybe Georgia and AL)

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
No one has mentioned her overpowered down b. Best when you use it an odd number of times.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
No one has mentioned her overpowered down b. Best when you use it an odd number of times.
>_>

Actually it's mentioned about every 3 pages of the zelda boards (regardless of the thread topic). Why take the easy way out though? Sounds cowardly to me. I rep zelda ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I would even modify my controller so that it wouldn't register the Down B input if I knew how lol

Zelda down-b frame data (from memory)

total: 69
Invincible: 34-43

IT DOES NOTHING!

TheLake

Smash Master
I kicked alot of folks

a kick away from making bracket again...*sigh*

kage wooped me again though <3

out side of the game of course ;D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The zelda/ganon matchup is kinda hard. I've gotten a lot better at it but Bizzarro Flame always wrecks my **** lol. Recovering straight to the edge is so critical in the MU because if you don't you'll just get U/F/D/Baired and sent offstage again. Of course, it's not quite that simple because he might edge guard you if you go for the edge too often but you get the point. Zelda's pretty good at edge guarding him too though I guess.

I wanna play kage though, that sounds fun

GSG2 is coming up in 2 weeks. I'm pretty confident that i'll make it out of bracket in singles and teams. I plan on going zelda 100%. I've been training in 100x gravity so I think I've got this.

That was totally me at GSG 1 though-- one kick away from making it out of bracket. I hate it when that happens

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nick you got this, you got a lot better. tap those falcos man

i have confidence in teams that i wont just carry this time ;)

zelda's kicks are SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD

hopefully my projectstyles flying all over the place will give u good kill setups (cuz i cant really grab LOL)

Top Bottom