• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeldas strengths?

Zone

Smash Champion
Zelda down-b frame data (from memory)

total: 69
Invincible: 34-43

IT DOES NOTHING!
If you were to say the game you could choose only 1 move. Then obviously down+B is not a good move.

But since that's not the case.

how can it not be the best move? a move that increases your movement speed. Easier to edge stall with, More gimping tools, a more useful nuetral B, and a more useful everything else, except i guess fair-, and bair. If shiek had those, gross.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
GK, your video quality could be improved. Deinterlace
Lol no kidding, my video quality is ****. I've gotta get that fixed before the tournament. My previous deinterlacing attempts have only resulted in really blurry videos though which weren't particularly any better. I'll figure it out

Lol no kidding, my video quality is ****. I've gotta get that fixed before the tournament. My previous deinterlacing attempts have only resulted in really blurry videos though which weren't particularly any better. I'll figure it out
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10709150&postcount=5

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10709150&postcount=14

Or use Windows LIVE Movie Maker to split your video. It deinterlaces them automatically

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=other

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I believe you mean GK's teammate lol

But yeah, for the longest time zelda was just that character I busted out randomly in tournament without ever actually using her in friendlies or practicing as her. I'd play as fox for an hour and then switch to zelda and try to challenge things (still thinking I was using fox) that she simply can't challenge successfully. I'm back to maining her though after several years.

We've got this Andre. Low tier ****

I'm convinced. Falco vs Zelda doesn't suck so much for Zelda. She can easily keep up with his spacing game

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I don't think I played a single falco at dgdtj that I didn't beat at least 50% of the time with zelda. He gets gimped so easy in that MU

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, with peach it's pretty even because you can out range her. Games are pretty slow though.

With falco on the other hand it's pretty much back and forth zelda getting comboed and falco getting gimped. Slightly more entertaining mu but I think zelda's still better against peach than falco so i'd prefer to have to fight a peach in tournament

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
SH double fair/bair peach shields, I'm sure you know this, but if you do a shdfair/bair on shield, then do a sh fade away fair/bair, they then normally try their oos option, but by then you're out of range and can punish with another toe. if they don't fall for the bait you can fsmash after you land just to limit their options.

I started doing this against my local peaches and it works wonders, it's like a mindgame but they don't realize it, they just think they got kicked lol

also just catch turnips, it makes the peach match up soooo much easier, with any character.

Edit: Also, I'm having trouble with Falco's when it comes to getting stuck in my shield. I normally try to roll away or upsmash oos between when they're shining and using the aerial. I'm not sure what else I can do and I normally get combo's pretty hard by Falco. My goal is normally to trade as much as possible, catch their laser approaches with toes, and just tech chase everything I can until I actually get a grab or ftilt to combo off of. what else should I be doing?

Edit2: lol also I think that the Mario/Doc matchups might be in Zelda's favor. I personally used to hate the match-up, but the other day I got to play The Cape a lot, and he basically told me how to shut them down, and now I like the match-ups a lot lol.

He said that as long as you shdfair/bair pressure them correctly (spacing on shield and whatnot) and stay on their level (as in make sure they don't get to close to you in the air if you're on the ground) You can really limit their options and **** with kicks and stuff.

Also SDIing their dairs are super helpful

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i like peach and falco

both matchups are pretty fun

falco has no tactic that shuts zelda down like falcon, sheik, fox. plus u get some sexy combos and gimps

if a falco beats a zelda, he deserved the win

peach probably has the potential to be harder than falco but I haven't played a peach that plays the matchup the way I can envision it being played. ive never lost to a peach in tournament with zelda

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
falco is one of the few matchups where zelda doesn't have to approach. her PS is super easy and literally shuts down falco's ability to camp with lasers.

once that is established, falco has no choice but to take risks. the fewer risks falco takes, the longer the match will last. a falco that takes no risks would use platform camping instead of laser camping. this is only partially effective

falco has a slight advantage in the matchup but this is assuming he plays without putting himself at risk ever, which is a horrific mental battle for the falco player.

a falco player who cracks under this pressure will get hit by kicks, fsmash your shield, or fall into traps

usually theres the whole playing "on tilt" poker style thing going on; when the falco player slips up he starts playing riskier and starts losing harder because it is difficult to maintain the level of patience required to beat zelda.

either that or they go back to laser camping in which case you just don't approach and reflect everything back. NL is acceptable as a reflect tool in many cases as well, as long as you are sure you cannot be punished at the current positions the characters are in.

be aware of falco's dtilt and utilt—two moves that have an unintuitive amount of shieldstun which can mess you up

once falco loses the ability to shoot lasers you gain options like dash attack, dash towards->away->bair, etc. just work that zelda magic

upthrow->kick->edgeguard with dsmash

standard stuff.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
yeah i tottally agree with cosmo, altough i have mastered PS with Zelda, but its hard to keep PS the lasers, cuz if u PS everything u will notice that sometimes falco shoots u reflect then he just JUMP HIS OWN LASERSS!!! and D.air you to shine and u know... so to me PS strategy doesnt suit me... i prefer staying close enough and wait when he jump to shoot or any aerial and kickem out, and if he comes to me shooting to grab shine etc etc, i just roll out xDDD

i also never lost to a peach in a torney, but i agree if peach play the match up right... would be a diffrent history... but they just wanna float cancel or D-smash xDDD, and thats when i kick xDDD

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The only people I regularly played against when I was in school for the past 3 semesters both mained Peach, I have tons of Peach practice and know a bunch about the match up. I'll make a write up about it one day...

D

Deleted member

aka: don't challenge float fair or turnp to fair. kick her moves otherwise.

/peach

Spoon said:
Nayru's Love is like a ****ty version of tornado
He said that in person to me yesterday after I used it to escape everything he was doing to me. <3 invincibility

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Spoon isn't very good at Melee...

I'm only saying that because I **** him...

And I'm horrible at this game...

so yea better people than Spoon would punish you for that...

Spoon isn't very good at Melee...

I'm only saying that because I **** him...

And I'm horrible at this game...

so yea better people than Spoon would punish you for that...
but but

his Fox

***** my Peach

and went even vs Laijin's Sheik

which ***** my Peach even harder

but his Falcon is Bad

it's just not good

as in

I 3 stocked it

on my worst stage, FD

(**** in this post = able to never lose)

Top Bottom