• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's New Transformation???

courte

Smash Lord
Puppet Zelda is a bad transformation. However, Zelda with a sword and puppet Zelda's moveset is a much more logical transformation than say, Sheik. :)
difference

i see puppet zelda twice--if i remember correctly theres the magic ball, triangle field and flying lunge... not alot--i could see her taking out her sword for a down b instead or perhaps something like a mod [[peach's turnips??]]

besides wouldn't those attacks be in the realm of ganondorfs magic??

expanding on her current moveset while keeping the character's integrity since 9:00 pm

Iris

Smash Ace
There's more evidence that those attacks were her own than there is of her actually knowing the goddess spells. It's certainly not far-fetched.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm really only against Zelda transforming this time around because they totally took away that original unique aspect of her. Now it's like every other character has a transformation, Zelda should have something more unique going for her.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm against any transformation as well. Zelda should be a ranged physical fighter, since all of her moves are physical attacks with little sparks and magic attached. She doesn't need a flashy gimmick.

goodkid

Smash Lord
A Coro coro magazine rep posted on gamefacts last week and he said that Zelda has Light Arrows as her B move, and Nyru's Love was switched to Down B. He also said that sheik is her final smash and has brown hair now. Sheik's down B is an explosion that reflects projectiles. I can't remember the exact description, but he said that a Shekiah eye symbol appears in the explosion and it reflects projectiles. Even though this is non-related to Zelda, he said Wario's B move is his shoulder tackle and his Up B is a Garlic Belch.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
A Coro coro magazine rep posted on gamefacts last week and he said that Zelda has Light Arrows as her B move, and Nyru's Love was switched to Down B. He also said that sheik is her final smash and has brown hair now. Sheik's down B is an explosion that reflects projectiles. I can't remember the exact description, but he said that a Shekiah eye symbol appears in the explosion and it reflects projectiles. Even though this is non-related to Zelda, he said Wario's B move is his shoulder tackle and his Up B is a Garlic Belch.
I find this hard to believe. I don't know why.

Sheik as a final smash is illogical in so many ways. A Final Smash should be a characters greatest power/ last resort. Sheik is in no way Zelda's source of power, so making Sheik part of a Final Smash would be horrible, I hope it's not true.

If this is true, I see Zelda, and Sheik being mixed into 1 final smash, like an idea I heard a while ago. Zelda shoots various light arrows, freezes time, and stopping the light arrows in mid-air, disappears, re-appears as Sheik, poofs around the opponent pummeling them, disappears- re-appears as Zelda, and returns time to normal, letting the opponent be pelted with the light arrows.

This idea would not include Sheik being playable, since it would start and end with the player as Zelda, but this is really the only logical way Sheik could be used as a Final Smash =/

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
I could see her transforming into her cloaked Twilight Form from Twilight Princess. The robe DID have the Sheikah crest on it...could that be the new Sheik?

Drake3

Smash Ace
Sheik as a final smash is illogical in so many ways. A Final Smash should be a characters greatest power/ last resort. Sheik is in no way Zelda's source of power, so making Sheik part of a Final Smash would be horrible, I hope it's not true.
K, so fan-made rules are not applied to Brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm, I think the most reasonable new transformation would be Cloak Zelda with her sword. Transforming into Sheik makes about as much sense as Link transforming into Y/ Link or Zelda transforming into Tetra.

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
I still wanna see Sheik, though.

If I don't get Sheik, I'll settle for Zamus w/ a moveset that's similar to Sheik's.

Iris

Smash Ace
Zamus has some differences, but it's basically the same concept and probably more enjoyable to look at for males. Either make Sheik separate or take her out, don't beat a dead horse.

courte

Smash Lord
I still wanna see Sheik, though.

If I don't get Sheik, I'll settle for Zamus w/ a moveset that's similar to Sheik's.
i wouldn't want to see that and i hope that they don't make zamus similar to sheik

sheik return BUFF ftw

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
I personally think that Sheik will return. I mean, why tamper with an already good character. Sheik and Zelda balanced eachother out in Melee, Zelda being the slower long range powerhouse and Sheik being the faster close range combo dealer. Zelda just won't play the same if Sheik is cut. Sure, Sheik was a one time character in the LoZ series, but why cut out the character completely? It's kinda like a way to keep the character alive.

Personally, I play more with Sheik than Zelda, which of couse affects my veiw on this. But I'm pro-Sheik all the way. Just wanted to get my opinion out there.

(Oh yeah, First post! Yay!)

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I think that Sheik will be return mainly unscaved (except her chain needs buffing, and her fair would probably be nerfed for range). Zelda should get buffed in a way that Sheik will be for racking up damage, while Zelda will be for KO'ing and good smashes.

Iris

Smash Ace
Sheik and Zelda didn't balance eachother out. Zelda dragged Sheik down when you used her, since Sheik is extremely capable at pretty much everything and Zelda isn't. They didn't balance out individual weaknesses, Zelda just sucked and Sheik didn't. Why do that again?

Even if they buffed Zelda and nerfed Sheik, there's nothing preventing people from just using a favorite, and it's a big crap all over Zelda's face if you're going to make her weak so she has to use some cheesey one-time-only gimmick to make up for her suckage. She's a title character, people, she doesn't need to be downgraded and cut into portions of characters. That's like making Mario depend on a Tanooki suit or frog suit version of himself to recover or combo. It's completely unnecessary and retracts from the integrity of the actual character.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Sheik and Zelda didn't balance eachother out. Zelda dragged Sheik down when you used her, since Sheik is extremely capable at pretty much everything and Zelda isn't. They didn't balance out individual weaknesses, Zelda just sucked and Sheik didn't. Why do that again?

Even if they buffed Zelda and nerfed Sheik, there's nothing preventing people from just using a favorite, and it's a big crap all over Zelda's face if you're going to make her weak so she has to use some cheesey one-time-only gimmick to make up for her suckage. She's a title character, people, she doesn't need to be downgraded and cut into portions of characters. That's like making Mario depend on a Tanooki suit or frog suit version of himself to recover or combo. It's completely unnecessary and retracts from the integrity of the actual character.
I love you. Your my hero and.....I think we're soulmates. Will you marry me?

On topic: Your right. Honestly, I've never seen the right words to express how much the Zelda/Sheik combination is a totally outdated, used up gimmick that only hindered Zelda. What irks the hell out of me is seeing that the pro-Sheik people WANT Sheik to be attached to Zelda simply because the loved Zelda's vertical recovery to save Sheik, and then wehn back on platform, they changed right back into Sheik again.

That just irks me to no end. But I'm not sure, I think theres still a chance Sheik could be separate. If Sheik were to return in a TP designed form, why wouldn't Sakurai reveal her already. I get the feeling something MAJOR changed. Per say, Sheik being separate? :)

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman

If there was a hand clapping smiley it would definitly be used for this post. I agree 100% having Sheik as the stronger person in the duo was definitly a big slap in the face for Zelda.
I rather see Zelda as what I expected her to be and that's her, no transformations attached.
So when it comes down to this topic keep Sheik or any transformation far away from Zelda please. She totally deserves being her own character this time around and depending on herself not some "gimmick".

Drake3

Smash Ace
Hence why I said should be =/

Plus, I think it's obvious that a Final Smash is a character greatest power.
I know what you meant, but I'm saying that a fan-made rule or expectation or whatever, doesn't affect the ultimate decision. Even if you think that a Final Smash should be a character's greatest power (and I think this is wrong: Peach, Fox, Diddy Kong, ZSS and...*shudder* DK >_>) doesn't mean that was the intention. And having Sheik as the by-product of Zelda's Final Smash would not surprise me.

courte

Smash Lord
if peach's greatest power is to summon peaches and put everyone to sleep, i don't see why she has the toads of the mushroom kingdom at her back and call

and fox is such a beast :chuckle: you'd figure he'd go into a hyper feral mode as his highest power, where he can't even be touched or summon great fox or even and airwing strike

i don't think it's greatest power but rather most appropriate for a "slapstick whimsical game"

sakurai said it first don't burn me!!

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Shiek does not need to return. she was one of the most overpowered people in melee and almost knocked out the point for zelda.

Zelda is kick@#$ princess, give her a new down b and move on.

Shiek wasn't even that importaint to the game, just a disguise

Iris

Smash Ace
Wait, I just had an idea. What if Sheik was the result of Zelda's FS, but you could still turn into Zelda with down B and can't turn into Sheik with it? I think that would please a lot of people.

You could still start a battle as Sheik, and she gets her own FS with no change result. However, since she has even less canon moves to use for a down special, she'd retain Transform. Zelda however, would have her own set of specials and FS and after changing into Sheik, you can change right back. Also, for those Sheik users who like to use Zelda's recovery, you still can, but you have to learn Zelda too, because you can't keep changing back. Also, you can still switch back and forth strategically, using final smashes and down Bs.

I'll be totally honest, if Sheik's in and not separate, I would much prefer having this option than just a forced FS or down B.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Shiek does not need to return. she was one of the most overpowered people in melee and almost knocked out the point for zelda.

Zelda is kick@#$ princess, give her a new down b and move on.

Shiek wasn't even that importaint to the game, just a disguise
bold statement.

sheik was pretty important, especially in OoT

i think what you mean is that sheik isnt important to the world of zelda.......

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
She can. But not as a part of Zelda.
i never really understood this argument.

to me, sheik on her own doesnt make sense. if sheik IS zelda, how could you separate the two when u need one to be the other (in order for there to be sheik, you need a zelda)

having sheik on her own is just.......weird.

i think zelda should just be more balanced....and sheik still stuck to her hip.

if people wanna play as zelda, let them play as zelda.

if people wanna play as sheik, let them play as sheik.

Iris

Smash Ace
Sheik could be separate in the same way as Link and young Link could. Except they wouldn't be clones and they'd come from different Zelda timelines.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
ahhh, i see.

i forgot about the two... (mainly because I don't use either).

courte

Smash Lord
i'm interested in seeing sheik because coming up with a look for her would also mean she needs a backstory and that simply adds to the zelda lore :chuckle:

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
shiek was a DISGUSE THATS IT.... whats so special about a disguse that it needs a whole freaking move set.

Overall, shiek is the past of zelda games, i think that nintendo is going to knock her out and put a newer zelda person in.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
What's up with the transformations? oO And why would she transform herself into her own possesed being, she has a pocket Ganondorf or what? ._. Why not just make Zelda a decent character with a decent moveset, and leave transformations for Samus and Pkmn Trainer x_x
QFT
I just want Zelda to be a good character without having to rely on transformations or something like that... I sometimes like to make matches like PeachVSMarioVSZeldaVSLink... but it kinda ruins it when Zelda turns into Sheik. >.< But that's just my problem I suppose... either way I think Zelda should be her own character, but Sheik might still be part of her moveset and if she is then I'll just deal with it. ^^;

courte

Smash Lord
truth and reality: we don't know

smashboards: some people think they know the facts using their logic and puzzle solving --we call this speculation

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just a fast note.

As of tomorrow we will have gone a complete half year without a update on Zelda or her moves. On such day I will official have enuff proof, in my mind, that Sheik aint her vB and that she either has no transformation or a new one.

Simply because, if she is going to be exactly the same as she was in Melee than I see no reason to not update her moves on the dojo for over the course of a half year.

SOMETHING must have changed IMO.

Smash Ace
Just a fast note.

As of tomorrow we will have gone a complete half year without a update on Zelda or her moves. On such day I will official have enuff proof, in my mind, that Sheik aint her vB and that she either has no transformation or a new one.

Simply because, if she is going to be exactly the same as she was in Melee than I see no reason to not update her moves on the dojo for over the course of a half year.

SOMETHING must have changed IMO.
I wast thinking the same thing... SOMETHING has to be different or else they wouldn't of kept her moves such a secret right?

Smash Ace
Yeah... it's really sad. ;_; Her updates better be awesome, it'd be SOOOOOOO STUPID to wait half a year for her update only to see two special moves that AREN'T DownB and a final smash that has nothing to do with her light arrows or anything she actually used in Zelda games. @_@

Top Bottom