• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's New Transformation???

Iris

Smash Ace
Actually, the interview clearly stated it was submitted to be altered to fit the Brawl environment. Now, where exactly does it mention TP? It doesn't, it just said Brawl, which just concludes that her model is being improved to fit nicely into Brawl's standards. Whether or not she'll actually make an appearance and in which form is totally unknown.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
ok, so...graphically enhance Sheik's clothing, but why make it more Tp-like or whatever if perhaps the point of the At is to make a cameo from OoT, considering Sheik is not from TP.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
ok, so...graphically enhance Sheik's clothing, but why make it more Tp-like or whatever if perhaps the point of the At is to make a cameo from OoT, considering Sheik is not from TP.
I'm sorry, but do you not even read other people's posts anymore? The answer was just given above you.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Sheik's model is confirmed to be in...Waluigi, Andross, and Saki has models right? She's almost certainly going to be in because Zelda uses Nayru's love, Farore's Wind and Din's fire in Brawl. Don't ask for a source, I don't have one. It was in one of the Jump Fest videos (Din's Fire can be seen on the 15 Second Presentation update).

blink777

Smash Journeyman
She's almost certainly going to be in because Zelda uses Nayru's love, Farore's Wind and Din's fire in Brawl. Don't ask for a source, I don't have one. It was in one of the Jump Fest videos (Din's Fire can be seen on the 15 Second Presentation update).
We know. We know. We know. We know.

Sorry, I'm just sick of these discussions going 'round in circles everytime someone new jumps in.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but do you not even read other people's posts anymore? The answer was just given above you.
It's quite alright, I'm not offended.

But I don't see why they would change Sheik's appearance to match that of Twilight Princess' when Sheik was never in Twilight Princess.

If Sheik would be considered as an Assist Trophy, I would find that keeping the same clothing style or whatever the same as that in Ocarina of Time is more practical...

It would be pointless to match her to a Twilight Princess theme if her only purpose was to act as an assist trophy.

i can understand a graphical update here and there, but not an entire graphical overhaul. It wouldn't make sense.

Waluigi didn't get a huge overhaul. He just got added texture to his jeans and shirt, but nothing outta the ordinary.

Comparing OoT to TP Zelda is very different. I don't see the point to make changes in Sheik's appearance if she's only going to act as an assist trophy. Just make it an OoT cameo -- since that's where Sheik came from.

That's my point. (again, if Sheik were to be an AT)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
It's quite alright, I'm not offended.

But I don't see why they would change Sheik's appearance to match that of Twilight Princess' when Sheik was never in Twilight Princess.

If Sheik would be considered as an Assist Trophy, I would find that keeping the same clothing style or whatever the same as that in Ocarina of Time is more practical...

It would be pointless to match her to a Twilight Princess theme if her only purpose was to act as an assist trophy.

i can understand a graphical update here and there, but not an entire graphical overhaul. It wouldn't make sense.

Waluigi didn't get a huge overhaul. He just got added texture to his jeans and shirt, but nothing outta the ordinary.

Comparing OoT to TP Zelda is very different. I don't see the point to make changes in Sheik's appearance if she's only going to act as an assist trophy. Just make it an OoT cameo -- since that's where Sheik came from.

That's my point. (again, if Sheik were to be an AT)
While I'm now leaning more towards Sheik still being a part of Zelda, if she were to be an Assist Trophy they would probably only buff her graphics a little. Improve the fabricated look of the cloth, add a few little patterns here and there, POSSIBLY Brunette hair. The article did say they were only buffing her art to fit into the Brawl environment.

Still, I don't know why, but I can't see her as an assist trophy. I've recently began to think she's either apart of Zelda, or she's out. It doesn't look like she's out either.. I honestly no longer care about her inclusion anymore. IF she's in, she's in. I'll probably just switch between them at different points like I do in Melee.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
I can't see her as an AT either (maybe that's because I'm convincing myself she'll be playable)

And thank you for understanding what I meant... IF she were to be an AT, I could only see her getting enhanced, but not an overhaul into a TP-ish style (like Zelda)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I was pointing to the fact that Iris posted that the interview said that she was getting altered to fit the Brawl environment, and said nothing about TP.

Actually, the interview clearly stated it was submitted to be altered to fit the Brawl environment. Now, where exactly does it mention TP? It doesn't, it just said Brawl, which just concludes that her model is being improved to fit nicely into Brawl's standards.
Lala. Further than that, that's an article I always take with a grain of salt: no mention of Zelda?

Still, I don't know why, but I can't see her as an assist trophy.
Agreed. I think Sheik as an Assist Trophy would be even worse than not having her in the game (same with Ness, or any other vet for that matter). It would just be a slap in the face saying: "You can't play her, but here she is." -insert M.C.Hammer's Can't Touch This-

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
All assist trophies get graphically updated for Brawl. If they didn't, characters like Little Mac would be 8-bit. No reason why they wouldn't want a better looking Sheik for an assist trophy.

Also, by puppet Zelda, I meant a Zelda with puppet Zelda's moveset, rapier included.
Maybe they chose to do little mac and the chose to leave the Excite Bikers and Lakitu in 8-bit
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist09.html

Drake3

Smash Ace
Actually, the interview clearly stated it was submitted to be altered to fit the Brawl environment.
That's right. The "Brawl environment". I don't think it's possible to have a sentence that's more vague than that.

Now, where exactly does it mention TP?
Where does it say "not TP"?

It doesn't, it just said Brawl, which just concludes that her model is being improved to fit nicely into Brawl's standards.
...Yes. Either with minor improvements (OoT) or major improvements (TP). I'm not sure how your post negates the possibility of her coming back with a Twilight look. If she's in the game, and a part of Zelda, there's a strong chance she's going to match everybody else's theme.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I don't think people are trying to say that the lack of "TP" in the interview negates the possibility of Sheik getting a TP redesign. They're simply trying to say that the interview didn't say "TP", so the redesign/upgrade could be anything, as far as we know.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I don't think people are trying to say that the lack of "TP" in the interview negates the possibility of Sheik getting a TP redesign. They're simply trying to say that the interview didn't say "TP", so the redesign/upgrade could be anything, as far as we know.
That's what I originally said. :ohwell:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Gah... And as I said, these arguments just keep going around in circles.

Sorry for starting up the merry-go-round again.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
There is not a doubt in my mind that Sheik will return in the same fashion. Play similarly, perhaps a bit nerfed, and be a down b transformation just like in Melee.

However, I think she will have this design:

If you don't remember Zelda wearing this stuff, go play TP gain, she is dressed like this when you first meet her in the Twilight realm.

There are several reasons I believe this is "TP Shiek"

1. Very similar style wise. Ninja-like, disguises. And while you can't see it in the picture, the robe has the Sheikah symbol on its back.

2. Zelda's down-b move has been confirmed to be called "Twilight Change". In TP, Zelda is only seen wearing these robes while imprisoned in the "Twilight Realm".

3. In the first trailers for TP, "Robed Zelda" was falsely set up as a seperate character. Some Mysterious robed figure with a connection to the Twilight realm. Well guess what, It was Zelda! Just as with Shiek and Tetra, this was a horrendously predictable "Disguise" used by Zelda. But this one only appears once in the entire game, wouldn't it be cool for it to re-appear in Brawl?

I'll miss the old Shiek look, and who knows, maybe it will return. But I'm almost positive that this is what we will see in Brawl.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
There is not a doubt in my mind that Sheik will return in the same fashion. Play similarly, perhaps a bit nerfed, and be a down b transformation just like in Melee.

However, I think she will have this design:

If you don't remember Zelda wearing this stuff, go play TP gain, she is dressed like this when you first meet her in the Twilight realm.

There are several reasons I believe this is "TP Shiek"

1. Very similar style wise. Ninja-like, disguises. And while you can't see it in the picture, the robe has the Sheikah symbol on its back.

2. Zelda's down-b move has been confirmed to be called "Twilight Change". In TP, Zelda is only seen wearing these robes while imprisoned in the "Twilight Realm".

3. In the first trailers for TP, "Robed Zelda" was falsely set up as a seperate character. Some Mysterious robed figure with a connection to the Twilight realm. Well guess what, It was Zelda! Just as with Shiek and Tetra, this was a horrendously predictable "Disguise" used by Zelda. But this one only appears once in the entire game, wouldn't it be cool for it to re-appear in Brawl?

I'll miss the old Shiek look, and who knows, maybe it will return. But I'm almost positive that this is what we will see in Brawl.

Number 3 raises a very good point actually. I rememeber when that trailer came out, everyone thought it was the Twilight Princess, or the villain.
I don't think Sakurai would think of it as a disguise though. Afterall, Zelda was probably trapped in that tower by Zant, as Zelda revealed to Link that there's a guard that checks on her every now and then. So everyone probably knew it was Zelda in that robe..

I can see robbedZelda being the new Sheik though. As long as she isn't called Sheik.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I wouldn't actually mind seeing this as the Sheik design, but I can't imagine Sheik's moveset translating well to a cloaked figure.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Personally, tis not Sheik herself/himself/itself/potatoself that bugs me. It's the whole transformation concept. But oh well, best not cryeth over spilt milk.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
It's sheik. Why would Zelda transform into an evil version of herself?

Also cloak Zelda? What would she do? Wear a cloak? Whoopy.

Well I know that she can do more than that but I'm saying how would just wearing a cloak changer her moveset?

Iris

Smash Ace

Well I know that she can do more than that but I'm saying how would just wearing a cloak changer her moveset?
Same way skin tight clothes turned Zelda into a "ninja" and changed it. There's no other explanation other than a Zelda who looks the same and has 2 movesets would be confusing.
Personally, tis not Sheik herself/himself/itself/potatoself that bugs me. It's the whole transformation concept. But oh well, best not cryeth over spilt milk.
Same here. I don't dislike Sheik, I just think Zelda shouldn't have a transformation. I've made this comparison tons of times: It's like Mario throwing a Tanooki suit on instead of FLUDD, or Link turning into a wolf instead of bombs. Zelda's an incredibly significant persona without alter-egos and costumes. I was actually dissapointed about Samus because of her transformation, but at least she has a full moveset.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

Cloaked Zelda, and Sheik are exactly the same. They're just simple disguises.

Plus, cloaked Zelda sounds right anyway. Since her B moves have been renamed to honour the light spirits of TP. Since all of Link's B moves are TP re-skins of his Melee moveset, so is Zelda's apparently, so cloaked Zelda would be a good substitute for Sheik. She Shouldn't be called Sheik though.

Plus, Imagine Cloaked Kirby x]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm betting whatever she looks like, she IS going to be called Sheik.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Why would they change her name? Anyway, the only way I see Sheik being her own character is if this Sheik is in fact not Zelda but Zelda's dead cousin. So drop that Sheik is her own. As much as we woud like to see Sheik become a newcomer, I think she will be introduced in the Dojo as like a separate character like Zero Suit Samus but only in a specific situation we can use her, and she will not have a space on the roster menu. However, I do believe like Wario, she would be a selectable change, kind of like a "costume" change if you want to call it that. It makes sense really after everything Sakurai's given us. Its just about connecting the pieces together. Plus, seeing that Sheik is not Zelda's final smash now and that Zero Suit Samus has her own final smash that's different from that of regular suited Samus, Sheik would definitely be getting her own profile in the Dojo with her own final smash.

She's a transformation still. Just like Samus becoming Zero Suit Samus, Zelda has an alter ego in the name of Sheik. Moreover, Sheik's moveset is easy to program since there is a model of it from Melee. They wouldn't get rid of her due to new Legend of Zelda games coming out without her actually in it.

We've seen color swaps people. Zelda and Peach's color changes were even more spectacular this time around with varities of hair colors and detailed accentuations. So here's my point, Zelda is seen with brunette hair with this main design imported from Twilight Princess. However, Smash Bros. is a parallel universe incorporating many factors into its own world. Anything can happen in this world. Characters even have moves that aren't their's originally and some even have moves that aren't from their games at all. So, who's to say Sheik was shut off due to a new physical appearance. After all, Zelda's never had white hair. They also didn't get rid of Zelda's famous main appearance with blonde hair so this theory is definitely debunked.

So yeah. They could have given any character they want with a new hair scheme just with one click. Dark colored women are sexy and frankly, Nintendo needs it with all their blonde heroines/princesses. Two blondes (Zamus and Peach) don't make a right. So yeah. Glad to see Zelda and Sheik with darker shades in their hair. If you people don't like it, there IS a blonde Zelda too and likely a blonde Sheik also. (There's also Peach with auburn brunette hair too - had to mention her since she's a great support to my concept.) I wonder how Sheik will look when Gothic witch Zelda transforms into her. There you go. Sheik's models are different due to how Zelda's looks are.

A Sheik with blonde, another model with brunette, maybe one with white too. I'm hoping that Sheik will have reddish brown hair due to Zelda's scarlet dress attire. If you look close at Zelda in that red dress, her hair has some flows of reddish streaks. This Smash universe has debunked your theories for so long but yet you people never realized it now, until I just said it formally and direct right now.

I do like this idea that possibly, Sheik's look would actually be from Twilight Princess. She can wear a cloak in Brawl, but it would be more lithe and like a pancho I guess instead of a typical cloak. It would be like Zelda, having a different look, but still having that same spirit around. Sheik's design may be changed, but it would still have that mysterious, ninja like attributes she has.

*More ideas:

- That blue color scheme yet to be shown...I'm hoping Sheik will have raven black hair just for the fun of it. Maybe Zelda's blue scheme makes her hair darker too. It would be awesome and make Zelda definitely a fun choice at parties. I like to see black haired Zelda because it would make her look really Asian actually.

- I know this isn't Zelda news, but cool desire. (I love playing as the girls for weird reasons.) For Samus's green color, I hope her hair has maybe a greenish tone just for old time sakes. It be cool and makes a possibility more liable. If Daisy is a look for Peach and Zelda has white, red, brunette, and blonde hair, why not Zamus having something cool to her repotoire. No one has had green hair in Smash Bros. so she could start the trend, well besides Paletuna, but she is likely not to be playable.

Top Bottom