• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Confirmed Movesets

Noshiee

Smash Ace
It do looks like Nayru's Love. And if it is, it looks faster!

At 3:05, it seems like it's a new move (!). Im not sure though but it looks like she throws something at the enemy, a projectile move maybe? Could this be her new neutral B move?

I want the transformation from Melee replaced with something, sooo badly. I seriously want Sheik to be out.
probably it can be charged now, the longer you charge, the longer the spining crystals will...spin :p

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they will give Sheik a more music oriented moveset.

Like her forward smash could be her holding her lyre above her head and slamming it down on the opponents head. The hit sound fx will be the sound someone makes banging on piano keys. You press 'A' to attack more then once. The attack will hit eight times, doing about 13% of damage. You and your friend may roar with laughter. In the PAL version, you will be able to DI out of the 4th(+) hit.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I may just have been starig at the video too long , but at 3:05 I can make out the animation of Zelda pulling out a bow (?) Her right hand seems to be pulled forward then back again ,she also seems to edge her body backwards, like someone would when firing a bow =S
Probably just wishful thinking =[

Although, Like I said, I could just be staring at the video too long, and it's really Her up tilt xD

Noshiee

Smash Ace
It do looks like Nayru's Love. And if it is, it looks faster!

At 3:05, it seems like it's a new move (!). Im not sure though but it looks like she throws something at the enemy, a projectile move maybe? Could this be her new neutral B move?

I want the transformation from Melee replaced with something, sooo badly. I seriously want Sheik to be out.

I may just have been starig at the video too long , but at 3:05 I can make out the animation of Zelda pulling out a bow (?) Her right hand seems to be pulled forward then back again ,she also seems to edge her body backwards, like someone would when firing a bow =S
Probably just wishful thinking =[

Although, Like I said, I could just be staring at the video too long, and it's really Her up tilt xD

I've seen the vid in a better quality (dont remember where), that is actually Din's Fire at close range (yay!, din's fire has less lag!)

also:

maybe, just maybe, I hope we could have a better quality vid :(

Iris

Smash Ace
Close range Din's Fire? There's no fireball coming from either side of her, and she's right above the enemy, so where could it go? Din's Fire's never been close range enough to fire right on her, and that's where the enemies are. Also, she's not taking any damage, so I know it wasn't interrupted.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Close range Din's Fire? There's no fireball coming from either side of her, and she's right above the enemy, so where could it go? Din's Fire's never been close range enough to fire right on her, and that's where the enemies are. Also, she's not taking any damage, so I know it wasn't interrupted.
yes it is, but the vid quality sucks, but it is indeed Din's Fire, also, the thing where you said Din's Fire nver WAS...and some other stuff, well, they might had changed that in Brawl. Also, how could that be an aerial if she was in the ground at the time (3:05)?

Drake3

Smash Ace
You've all gone crazy. While that could be a locomotive Nayru's Love, it could also just be her Dash+A with alot of glare. They've added alot of sparkles to her attacks, so don't jump to conclusions here.

Iris

Smash Ace
Watch it closely, Drake3. The attack does multiple hits in the same way as Nayru's love, there's a blue tinted diamond only around her, and the enemy is sent flying in the same trajectory as Nayru's love sent enemies in Melee. It seems to work faster, so it's a hard catch, but it's definitely the same move more or less.

There's certainly no harm in assuming what we saw was Nayru's Love, considering there's no reason to keep it secret when her other goddess spells were revealed.

Noshiee, at 3:05, she's undeniably in the air. I looked at it a little closer, and I've concluded it's her Nair. The glitter and arm movement match exactly.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It looked a lot like her up tilt. Though if she had only jumped a short distance off the ground, her Nair and Utilt could look very similar.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It looked a lot like her up tilt. Though if she had only jumped a short distance off the ground, her Nair and Utilt could look very similar.
I've already mentioned that it looks nothing like her utilt, unless they've drastically changed the animation. Furthermore, her Nair is a swirl of sparkles around her torso, and her utilt is a swath of sparkles above her. Not at all similar. And neither of them create that much of an aura. I don't want to suggest that it is undoubtedly Nayru's Love, but it really can't be confirmed as anything else.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm surprised how we've all taken different sides in this. I still don't think it's Nayru's Love because it honestly just looks like her running with her arms outstretched and instead of people getting electrocuted they get sparkled.

The one you guys think is NAir, to me looks like a newer version of Dair. She does the exact same pose, the only difference is that it's now magically inclined.

Edit: We're all watching the same video, right? >_>

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll tell you what it really looked like. A bluish, completely nondescript blob of sparkles. ><
I hope some other video of this exists where it's clear.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow, I'm surprised how we've all taken different sides in this. I still don't think it's Nayru's Love because it honestly just looks like her running with her arms outstretched and instead of people getting electrocuted they get sparkled.
Except that, like all computers, she is not running into the move. She is walking.

I'll tell you what it really looked like. A bluish, completely nondescript blob of sparkles.
Best description of the move to date. I wouldn't say for sure it's Nayru's love, but I can't think of anything else it could be. Ultimately, it should be put down as unidentified, IMO. It'd be nice if people who were paying attention (*cough* Gimpy *cough*) could confirm or deny, but they may not have even been watching.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Except that, like all computers, she is not running into the move. She is walking.
Except that it's impossible to prove that she's a computer seeing as how the video is so blurry. And she dashes several times. (2:51, 2:54, and even the reverse dash+A at 3:03 following "Nayru's Love")

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Zelda wasn't computerized... there was more than one occasion where she was attacking at absolutely nothing, and this isn't in the AI behavior.

And the move in question certiainly resembles Naryu's, but it's still way too fuzzy/shaky to really confirm.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
The Zelda wasn't computerized... there was more than one occasion where she was attacking at absolutely nothing, and this isn't in the AI behavior.

And the move in question certiainly resembles Naryu's, but it's still way too fuzzy/shaky to really confirm.
well, I can say someone was playing as her when the video was recorded by... nintendo?, whatever, the thing is iis that the subspace was not playable at e4all, those were just like videos shown on TVs.
I believe that could be Naryu's Love, also she was not in the air at the time, how could that be an aerial?, probably we are not watching the same video.

Iris

Smash Ace
Since when does Zelda have any running moves that don't electrocute? Or have any other ground attacks with her arms outstretched at both sides? Her dash attack and most of her other tilts and smashes are shown in the video and look nothing like 3:01's move. Besides, there's obviously a blue prism surrounding her momentarily.
The one you guys think is NAir, to me looks like a newer version of Dair. She does the exact same pose, the only difference is that it's now magically inclined.
Now I KNOW we're watching different videos. It looked like she did her DAir once, in the middle of the ring, because the sparkle explosion was underneath her. However, her NAir, which was at 3:05, near the lfet side of the ring, has a very different animation from what you recalled to be her DAir. Sparkles are coming from her hands while she's in the air, and she's twirling around after a short hop.

First she's fighting cloud-like enemies and she UAirs it, then the scene changes. She then runs and does Nayru's love on a primid to her right, dash attacks a primid on her left, up smashes a primid on her right, short hops and does her NAir on the same primid, up tilts them next, and then her and Mario KO it at the same time, ending the battle.
Edit: We're all watching the same video, right? >_>
The one I'm watching is from the first post. It's the complete version of the battle with a fairly better angle.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Since when does Zelda have any running moves that don't electrocute? Or have any other ground attacks with her arms outstretched at both sides? Her dash attack and most of her other tilts and smashes are shown in the video and look nothing like 3:01's move. Besides, there's obviously a blue prism surrounding her momentarily.

Now I KNOW we're watching different videos. It looked like she did her DAir once, in the middle of the ring, because the sparkle explosion was underneath her. However, her NAir, which was at 3:05, near the lfet side of the ring, has a very different animation from what you recalled to be her DAir. Sparkles are coming from her hands while she's in the air, and she's twirling around after a short hop.

First she's fighting cloud-like enemies and she UAirs it, then the scene changes. She then runs and does Nayru's love on a primid to her right, dash attacks a primid on her left, up smashes a primid on her right, short hops and does her NAir on the same primid, up tilts them next, and then her and Mario KO it at the same time, ending the battle.

The one I'm watching is from the first post. It's the complete version of the battle with a fairly better angle.

I agree, except the part where you said that she up smashes aprimid on her right and then short hops and does a Nair, the "up smash" is actually Din's Fire, Ive seen the video in better quality somewhere and I remember it being Din's Fire.

Iris

Smash Ace
But Din's Fire never activated that fast and that close and there's no fireball. I'd take your word for it if it looked even moderately like Din's Fire, but I'm not seeing it. Sorry. As I see it, her arm is sparkling while in the air directly above her. It's a little longer than her uptilt and looks the same as when she did her upsmash earlier in the battle. The last hit catches and the primid flies upwards, and she short hops while it's landing and does her NAir on it.

You're not arguing the NAir too, are you?

Drake3

Smash Ace
Since when does Zelda have any running moves that don't electrocute?
Peach got a standard move makeover complete with a million hearts, so it's not impossible for Zelda's standard attacks to also change in such a manner.

I honestly can't see what she's doing in this one. I know she short hops and performs some sort of aerial attack but I can't see her arms or anything because of how she camouflages with the background. To me it could be either Nair or Dair. But no, we're definitely watching the same video <_<.

So it'd be really cool if gametrailers could magically get this video like they got the other ones so we could see exactly what happens. Every angle of this same fight looks completely different.

And I'm only being so skeptical because the last time we did this it was because someone saw a "Sheik transformation" and people started imagining the transformation noise.

Iris

Smash Ace
Peach got a standard move makeover complete with a million hearts, so it's not impossible for Zelda's standard attacks to also change in such a manner.
Still, her dash attack and most of her tilts and smashes were shown in the very same video. None of them create a blue diamond around Zelda and her arms don't spread out in opposite directions.

I guess you have reason to be skeptical when the video is so blurry, but think about it. If Farore's Wind and Din's Fire are confirmed in the video, why hide Nayru's Love? It would be incongruent for it not to make its way back in. It's not like they're telling what special it's arranged to, just that it's their along with her other goddess spells. Either way, the confirmation of Nayru's Love isn't going to cause controversy or something. It's there like everyone expected.

I honestly can't see what she's doing in this one. I know she short hops and performs some sort of aerial attack but I can't see her arms or anything because of how she camouflages with the background. To me it could be either Nair or Dair. But no, we're definitely watching the same video <_<.
Understandable. I had to watch it a few times. Her hand movement is more visible once the primid is knocked up.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So it's not a computer. She was still walking. Ergo it's not a dash attack.

Drake3

Smash Ace
There's clearly dust at her feet.

And Iris I have no doubt in my mind that if Fafore and Din returned that Nayru will too, but I honestly don't think that's it.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Yeah after looking at it again it just looks like the character she attacked turned blue and passed her, making it look like she had a blue aura around her. I don't think it's possible to tell what it is.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There's clearly dust at her feet.
Because the picture is so clear. And what about the dash attack directly after it that has absolutely no aura whatsoever? Why do you insist that, of all possibilities it's a dash attack when she's not moving, and we even have basis for comparison?

You really should look at all the info presented. The only moves that we can't confirm that that move is not are: Utilt (but unless they've drastically changed utilt, that's unlikely), Dsmash (possible), B (very possible, since it looks vaguely like Nayru's love), and vB (possible if they've shifted the moveset around). If you pick one of those last three, I won't argue, but dash attack? Are you serious?

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Mhm. I clearly think thats Nayru's love. At around 3:00 you can see the crystal that has formed around her. Comes out extremely fast though. I just can't decide if this is a good thing..or bad thing.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
o.o
Wow! Really? Now I wanna go back and see it. I wouldn't doubt it. They've altered Zelda so much!

Iris

Smash Ace
Everyone else has been buffed too, so slightly more mobility isn't going to make Zelda a whole lot more competitive.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Oh my gosh! Iris! I read your pots in the "Why Sheik will be in Brawl" topic. All 622 of them -wicked grin-
Very interesting conversation By the way.
But I dunnno, I heard from the people who came back from E-for all that Fox has indeed been nerfed. So I'm not sure about everyone. But from the looks of it, Zelda might have a chance at being middle tier :)

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm glad that thread was closed. :D

Uh, anyways, with characters like Peach getting buffed all around, Zelda's going to need a lot more catching up than jumping higher and running faster.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Ok I've definitely watched this video too many times for a sane human being. She does dash into the primid but I realise she also could've done that new sudden-stop thing. Maybe it is Nayru's Love, but I'm not going to agree until we see a good capture.

No, after rewatching again I'm willing to bet it's some sort of light distortion. The "blue light" appears randomly when primids spawn and Mario attacks too. Noshiee could you freeze frame capture the part where Mario summons her and she does the dash attack? Because I honestly see something similar there as well.

Aaaand I just realised how weird it is trying to draw conclusions from a video with such bad quality.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
And Drake! I read your posts as well.
And yeah, your right. From what I've seen, the competition in Brawl is gonna be pretty firece, so just the mobility of Zelda won't help much. She needs stronger attacks as well. The only way to seriously use Zelda effectively was transforming into Sheik, which was a pretty stupid idea in the first place. Zelda should be a strong character on her own.

Thankfully, she was buffed though and hopefully Sheik won't be returning either, leaving Zelda as a full fledged powerful magic user (with lots of pretty sparkles to boot! *o*). How do you think she will fair against the other characters like Sonic and Snake though?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I want Zelda to be her own character also....For years she's been in the shadows while Sheik got all the fame in SSBM.....And I think that she'll probably be able to compete with the other characters you mentioned......But I'm going to stick with Peach and then use Zelda.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Good strategy. Peach was pretty good in Melee. Hopefully shes the same in Brawl too. She wasn't my main. But shes generally a great addition to the Brawl family.
-cough-YOUMONSTERHOWDAREYOUUSEPEACHOVERZELDAD<-cough-
I mean...have a nice time using her =D

But yeah, I'm greatly impressed with the distance that Farore's wind covers. Do you think it stands a chance of being the best recovery? O:

Top Bottom