• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Meh, i'm still going to call it purple/blonde Zelda cuz it looks nothing like brawl. As far as i'm concerned OoT Zelda's reign has ended, and ALBW has taken it's place. View attachment 24616
In fact, if look at the "Zelda of old", according to Brawl's dojo, it's really far from OoT as well. The pink is too light, the dress is white as opposed to pink, there's blue jewels as well, and the banner is nothing like OoT.

In the end, I think that our purple Zelda nailed it better :troll:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
In fact, if look at the "Zelda of old", according to Brawl's dojo, it's really far from OoT as well. The pink is too light, the dress is white as opposed to pink, there's blue jewels as well, and the banner is nothing like OoT.

In the end, I think that our purple Zelda nailed it better :troll:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

technique08_071121g-l.jpg

I think the ALBW is definitely the successor.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Still, the dress and the gloves should have a slightly pink shade, the banner is different, and there's blue jewels. Melee's Zelda Pink is already lighter than OoT...

They never managed to match OoT perfectly.
Precisely, so the brawls was based on melee. Thus ssb4 should be based off of ssbb. None of them really look like it,

*Wait, the pink look to the dress is from the sunset. It's probably white in actuality.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Precisely, so the brawls was based on melee. Thus ssb4 should be based off of ssbb. None of them really look like it,

*Wait, the pink look to the dress is from the sunset. It's probably white in actuality.
I don't think so, it's really pink, compared to ALttP and the white one. The gloves, however, looks to be white.

By the way, Brawl's "Zelda of old" have as many "errors" as purple Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so, it's really pink, compared to ALttP and the white one. The gloves, however, looks to be white.

By the way, Brawl's "Zelda of old" have as many "errors" as purple Zelda.
Look at the green dress it has a pink hue, in actuality I doubt it is actually pink. I think it's original. If it were OoT they would have changed the crown to red (just like the red and ALBW alt) and they would have made the dress pink. ALBW is too similar to OoT though to warrant that, so I think the purple/ blond is original.

I looked for this Zelda of old and I can't find anything except for old brawl stuff.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Look at the green dress it has a pink hue, in actuality I doubt it is actually pink. I think it's original. If it were OoT they would have changed the crown to red (just like the red and ALBW alt) and they would have made the dress pink. ALBW is too similar to OoT though to warrant that, so I think the purple/ blond is original.

I looked for this Zelda of old and I can't find anything except for old brawl stuff.
Well, I guess it's as original / inspired as the blond zelda from Brawl. The term "Zelda of old" was used on the dojo, it was never mentionned to be a precise Zelda actually.

Basically: Brawl's is to light compared to OoT (Melee is a bit, too), and SSB4 is too Dark compared to OoT3DS. Plus, the banner and the blue jewels are wrong.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess it's as original / inspired as the blond zelda from Brawl. The term "Zelda of old" was used on the dojo, it was never mentionned to be a precise Zelda actually.

Basically: Brawl's is to light compared to OoT (Melee is a bit, too), and SSB4 is too Dark compared to OoT3DS. Plus, the banner and the blue jewels are wrong.
Yea but in all the Super smash games Oot has been depicted as pink. Anyways, the pink looking dress on the purple/blonde alt is (probably) an illusion. These photo's were taken reverse chronological order as the sun is rising more and more every image. The red line marks the pattern of the sun in the background.
1410377232-sm4sh-3ds-palettes-zelda.png

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Zelda's alts. Two OoT based costumes is a bit confusing, but the white one looks amazing.
Actually, the second blonde one is A Link to the Past.

Yea but in all the Super smash games Oot has been depicted as pink. Anyways, the pink looking dress on the purple/blonde alt is (probably) an illusion. These photo's were taken reverse chronological order as the sun is rising more and more every image. The red line marks the pattern of the sun in the background.
View attachment 24632
Honestly, I doubt that the lighting is that progressive on 3DS. And if the sun was higher, the light would be more white, right?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Alts look pretty good, though I still wish they had an alt based on her Skyward Sword appearance.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, I doubt that the lighting is that progressive on 3DS. And if the sun was higher, the light would be more white, right?
Why would it not be? You have eyes, no? The average match is 2 min— so of course it'd change within that time. I'm 100% that the green alt costume doesn't have a pink base, and neither does the purple/blonde. The photo was taken during sunset which casts a pink glow. It's original.

Last edited:

HeroLinkTriforce

Smash Rookie

I thought the bottom being blue seemed a bit off. Now I get why. Nice job finding the difference!

Luwafer

Smash Cadet
Edit: So apparently my smashboards decided to stop updating me.

In other news, yay ults. They actually look pretty good to me.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I love Zelda's alts in this game. I do believe that the seventh alt is based off A Link Between Worlds and not OoT, which I'm okay with. I'm just glad that ALBW is finally getting some recognition in Smash. (Would've prefered Hilda but meh...

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
No groose alt :troll:

No exactly what I expected for the white alt, but I really like it anyway!

Dat green alt, though... :troll:
Jesus look at that white one, good god. OMG, she looks like a freaking elf queen descending from heaven ready to lay the smack down on her enemies, omg. And the black, looks fabulous and that deep blue and the red and pink and that blond color and... Someone catch me when I swoon because I love them all.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda sparkly.png

I'll probably be using green….looks the best imo. Wish it was blonde but boo freaking hoo for me. I wish they would add the ability to edit the colours yourself but oh well. I hope they have DLC for this stuff.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm starting to wonder, for Purple Zelda...

Could it be?!
:troll:

By the way, here is a better look at alt colors.
Purple Zelda does have a slight Pink tint.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I'm starting to dislike the red alt's gloves a little. I don't really like brownish-yellow on it, though it suits the colour scheme.
I dunno, I just think its a bit of an icky colour.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm starting to dislike the red alt's gloves a little. I don't really like brownish-yellow on it, though it suits the colour scheme.
I dunno, I just think its a bit of an icky colour.
Yep, it's doesn't looks like it's her skin, compared to Brawl.

It's maybe because of the WiiU version. I remember, in the E3 demo, that she had the same gloves as Brawl... But because of the shaders, she also had the seams. It was quite weird.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
The Wii U version is going to look so much better.

Also just want to point out how dark the purple is, clearly not OoT. Famitsu colours were washed out.
ib1mYKlKipLwpC.png

and the only pinkish looking thing on this design is the detailing @ the bottom-- the dress is clearly white.
I think it's obvious that the successor to the OoT costume is the albw/alltp alt.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The Wii U version is going to look so much better.

Also just want to point out how dark the purple is, clearly not OoT. Famitsu colours were washed out.
View attachment 25309

and the only pinkish looking thing on this design is the detailing @ the bottom-- the dress is clearly white.
I think it's obvious that the successor to the OoT costume is the albw/alltp alt.
A sort of combination between Hilda and Zelda, huh?

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it still looks nice.
I'm kind of sad that she didn't get an actual costume, I was really looking forward to a legit Skyward Sword alt at least.
Well of course I like it, it is my sig after all. I don't really care anymore about the imaginary SS alt, @ least we got an ALBW alt!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I love Zelda's White Costume. I'll be using that the most, right next to green.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Well of course I like it, it is my sig after all. I don't really care anymore about the imaginary SS alt, @ least we got an ALBW alt!
I like to think of the white one was a nod towards the priestess dress from SS. I mean the only game that I remember Zelda wearing all white is in SS so it makes since.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I like to think of the white one was a nod towards the priestess dress from SS. I mean the only game that I remember Zelda wearing all white is in SS so it makes since.
Be better if she was blond instead. :awesome:

Overall though the white alt looks great. A bit too white for me, but it's still beautiful.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Be better if she was blond instead. :awesome:

Overall though the white alt looks great. A bit too white for me, but it's still beautiful.
I love the gold trim they put on her dress. I think they could have kept her armor gold too or silver would have worked just as well, I think the all white is a little overwhelming.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think the white alt looks off, but I think it's only going to look a little strange on the 3ds version. The alt would've looked so much better had it been blonde, the white and brunette looks strange to me, and doesn't match the gold trim very well.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think the white alt looks off, but I think it's only going to look a little strange on the 3ds version. The alt would've looked so much better had it been blonde, the white and brunette looks strange to me, and doesn't match the gold trim very well.
I agree, I think it would look better with blond and then we can say 100% that it's a SS alt, but oh well. I will always stand by the fact that the shoulder armor should be silver or maybe even gold, I think that would look better than the white.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Exactly. HD graphics vs handheld graphics? There's really no contest lol. Every alt will look amazing on the Wii U version. A thing I love about Zelda's dress (and Rosalina's) in the Wii U version is that it has a shine on the skirt. That combined with the white armour and the gold trim will make the white alt look stunning, along with every other alt. Who knows, maybe the white shoulder armour just looks white on the 3DS version due to graphic limitations, and it may be a darker shade/silver in the Wii U version.

Top Bottom