• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
It would be a smart move for Nintendo to add DLC for Smash, since it will probably be the biggest Wii U game of the year next to Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. In the end Nintendo will have money rolling in from everywhere.

But the thing is with Smash is that it would be much more difficult to add DLC, being a much bigger game than MK8 and HW. If they manage to pull it off, good on them. If not, then we'll just have to live with it. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To me, Nintendo's always been honest with DLCs. I really doubt they would do a simple "Zelda's Skyward Sword costume DLC" for Smash. I imagine more a Zelda Pack (for exemple), if they ever to DLCs for Smash.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the Amiibo thing kind of dlc-ish already. Maybe they'd add DLC for stages but for costumes & characters I just don't really see it happening.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Isn't the Amiibo thing kind of dlc-ish already. Maybe they'd add DLC for stages but for costumes & characters I just don't really see it happening.
Yeah I believe stages are the most likely for DLC options. Maybe characters and modes? Idk.

Last edited:

Luwafer

Smash Cadet
Both costumes and stages sound equally viable to me. I mean costumes are probably the easiest to make. Stages require much more effort on the developers' part. Full characters, on the other hand, I don't expect.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Hyrule Warriors did DLC characters and costumes, so I guess it's possible. Though Smash is a much bigger game so it would require heaps more effort. But it wouldn't be fair if only selected characters got DLC costumes while others didn't, so the developers would need to put in 100% on each character.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors was a Zelda spinoff so obviously it was going to get alt costumes of the Zelda cast. But with SSB we already have 8 alt costumes and from the looks of them they were starting to run out of ideas. I mean Zelda had so many different options for alt costumes all very unique from each other but instead they gave us recolours. I think in terms of characters and alt's we are done. What you see is what you get. Very lazy "alts". Look at SS Link :sadeyes:, They couldn't even go the full mile for that. Now I'm expecting some really good features for everything else, because they clearly slacked off on the alts.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Hyrule Warriors was a Zelda spinoff so obviously it was going to get alt costumes of the Zelda cast. But with SSB we already have 8 alt costumes and from the looks of them they were starting to run out of ideas. I mean Zelda had so many different options for alt costumes all very unique from each other but instead they gave us recolours. I think in terms of characters and alt's we are done. What you see is what you get. Very lazy "alts". Look at SS Link :sadeyes:, They couldn't even go the full mile for that. Now I'm expecting some really good features for everything else, because they clearly slacked off on the alts.
Zelda deserved more love than she got. Even her custom moves don't look all that good, let alone the recolours. Though the recolours look stunning, it would've have been much more satisfying to see an SS, or any other alt.
You're right, I too think the alts were quite lazy. Sure we got new recolours, but they weren't enough to leave such a great impression for me. Why did Link get an SS alt while Zelda was left in the dust? No fair. :c

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'm disappointed there's not even a Hilda/Midna palette swap. It would have been a simple, yet interesting alt. Zelda's alts are all pretty underwhelming tbh.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The purple one could easily be the Hilda alt, but they decided to stick with Brawl's alt, turning the old pink into purple to make the ALttP/ALBW alt the new Pink.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I gotta say I like all of Zelda's palette swaps...well except the white one although it's too bad she doesn't have one based on Princess Hilda. I would definitely love to play as Zelda using that alt.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
A sort of combination between Hilda and Zelda, huh?
Now that you mention it, yeah it kind of does look a bit like Hilda's dress, and she does look a bit like the Zelda from Link Between Two Worlds.

The Queen Bee of Lorule has awakened!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Now that you mention it, yeah it kind of does look a bit like Hilda's dress, and she does look a bit like the Zelda from Link Between Two Worlds.

It's basically Brawl's Pink dress made purple, to give room for the ALttP/ALBW color. The order of colors is even the same as Brawl! And the blonde hair have a more realistic tint than the Pink alt.

Oh, also, for those who haven't seen this...

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I love the White/Gold one. Those are usually some of my favorite colors. Though I like her colors in general beyond the team color ones.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

I think it's the purple, the tone is very similar to Hilda's.
It's basically Brawl's Pink dress made purple, to give room for the ALttP/ALBW color. The order of colors is even the same as Brawl! And the blonde hair have a more realistic tint than the Pink alt.

Oh, also, for those who haven't seen this...
Her boots change color too, I didn't notice that before.
Ooooh, take a look at the red dresses hands.You can see the patterns in gold. Pretty.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I like purple/blonde the best! And I just want to point out that I was right, it is a very dark shade of purple & clearly not OoT.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I think it would be really cool if there were a hooded cloak costume like how she first appeared in TP.
Would be awesomely awesome, but it would've been very difficult to pull off due to how Zelda moves. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
They added Doctor Mario, he's been in one game (I think). Too bad they didn't add a SS Zelda or something as well. Because SS fans got really ripped off this iteration of smash.

Since they just did recolours, it would've been nice to see a colour wheel added. People could create their own custom costumes and what not.

Wasted Opportunities....

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
They added Doctor Mario, he's been in one game (I think). Too bad they didn't add a SS Zelda or something as well. Because SS fans got really ripped off this iteration of smash.

Since they just did recolours, it would've been nice to see a colour wheel added. People could create their own custom costumes and what not.

Wasted Opportunities....
I agree. Sure we got Skyloft as a stage, Link's casual SS skin, Ghirahim assist trophy and a few items. (Okay come to think of it SS did get some love)
But where was Zelda herself in the mix? You know, the chick who's name is in the damn title. -.-

A colour wheel would've been a great idea. Maybe get the choices of three parts per character that you could change? :estatic:

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Sure we got Skyloft as a stage, Link's casual SS skin, Ghirahim assist trophy and a few items. (Okay come to think of it SS did get some love)
But where was Zelda herself in the mix? You know, the chick who's name is in the damn title. -.-

A colour wheel would've been a great idea. Maybe get the choices of three parts per character that you could change? :estatic:
With one being hair color... muahhahah

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

Wasted Opportunities....
Color wheel sounds like a fantastic idea although I would probably never use it because I have horrendous color coordination skill. I'm a great drawer but coloring has never been my deal, on that note I would probably make a complete Hilda alt.

Top Bottom