• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Tips

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
OK. This is all about giving tips about Zelda. How to use her, and maybe some combos, what to look out for, u kno. Here are my tips...

Always keep changing from Zelda to Sheik (vis versa) to keep you opponent adjusting to you speed change.
Zelda can juggle some characters liek shiek, but not as many.
Many ppl forget Zelda can deflect projectiels.
When you jump and do the side "A" attack, the best results is if you aim just a little bit higher than your opponent.
Don't use your custom name using zelda. People can see where your teloporting.
wave dash sucks, but it's good at some times, so don't underestimate it.
When your Sheik charge up your Darts. Change to Zelda fight a while and change back to Sheik. Your darts will still be charged and your oppenent may forget about them.

yeah, I'm pretty sure i have more tips, either just to coplexed to say and I can't remember some of them, but i just started playing seriously as zelda liek 3-4 months ago... Give me some of your tips now.

Zone

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=118036
that'll show some of my combo tips. And other things if you catch it.

I disagree with constantly changing with shiek and Zelda. Unless you just enjoy playing that way. If you're going for the win and your using both, you may as well just use Shiek alone.

I don't know what you mean by juggle. IF you mean spam upairs, it's not very reliable and hard to follow enemys with. IF you mean chaingrab sure.

People may forget zelda can reflect projectiles maybe ONCE, and they'll take advantage of Naryu's love spam on their ranged attacks, after 1 failure.

Honestly I use to think zelda's wavedash was very crappy, But now I can't win w/o it. I learned how to be very mobile with it, wavelanding, wavedash, dashdancing mix ups.

Now that i'm done disagreeing on those things.

I'll share a few random tips.

1.) Vs DK, you can downthrow to tech chase pretty easily.

2.) Vs Peach, Bait and bait and bait, Do not attack, only retaliate.

3.) A Counter I like to use alot now vs space animals and CAptain falcon that like to use aerials alot out of shield. After a kick on shield, before you hit the ground tap a neutral Air. If they shielded all that, and think ur open now they are in for a surprise. w/e fasty your fighting may now jump and try their aerial only to find out u just l-canceld nuetral Air into Uptilt. and That uptilt will own them, if not it'll atleast trade hits.

4.) You can up-air l-cancel grab a peach above you at low%

5.) Feel free to naryu's love a fully charged beam from samus. Probably the only projectile your truly safe reflecting consistently.

6.) Fighting a Fox that spams lazers and runs away? Sadly you'll have to Down+B.

7.) Up+B can lead to a kick. If you're edge stalling, and it hit.

8.) Sometimes Lightshield to cover vunlerability underneath, and for spacing.

9.) IF you really wanna fight SAmus and FAlco, learn to powershield. Otherwise just be Marth or something

10.) Use downtilt or Downsmash against Illusion, it has better accuracy than Forward Smash although If you nailed a Forward Smash... that's better But Harder.

11.) try and shield poke if the opportunity is there.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You must mean "believe". For a minute I was panicking. What's belive? This could be the answer to my problems!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Welcome to Smashboards! :)

Zelda tips:

Kick, kick, more kick....

Always keep changing from Zelda to Sheik (vis versa) to keep you opponent adjusting to you speed change.
Umm... no. If you're winning this way, your opponent must not be very good.

I wouldn't really call what Zelda could do a true juggle, regardless of what you mean by it. Find someone who can DI and you are in trouble..

Many people forget how laggy her neutral b reflect is.. If you do it too much, people can just bait the hell out of you and own your ***... I have a solution for that, though. Can your Zelda do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NZeXLDVNQ

yeah, I'm pretty sure i have more tips, either just to coplexed to say and I can't remember some of them, but i just started playing seriously as zelda liek 3-4 months ago... Give me some of your tips now.
Go to a tournament, and see how the Zeldas there play (if there's any at all that are good.)

Zone

Smash Champion
The only time being patient/camping doesn't work is versus camping Falco's and Fox's. Even if I powershield all of falco's lazers he can just reflect them back, or aim them really low and jump over it and kick your butt. Or a Fox who runs away on Final D and spams lazers... There is nothing... you can do. or atleast nothing I've figured out. So I have to let falco's hit me with lazers sometimes to make them feel safe then Powershield at the last moment!! muhahaha. even then the falco can still trick you with a fake lazer -.-;

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
First post fails:

Use either Sheik or Zelda. Continually switching or sticking with Zelda usually = a loss.

Zelda doesn't juggle well at all, she is mainly a mindgame/spacing character.

Wavedashing is pretty **** useful for Zelda to work out spacing :p

A cool thing to do with needles is have them charged before you are knocked far off stage as Sheik, then you switch to Zelda for the better recovery. Say you still die, when you come back, you'll still have charged up needles. Many people don't know about this.

Tip for you:

Go to some competitive tournaments. Playing with your buddies for 4 months isn't exactly the best experience to base strats on.

D

Deleted member

OK. This is all about giving tips about Zelda. How to use her, and maybe some combos, what to look out for, u kno. Here are my tips...

When you jump and do the side "A" attack, the best results is if you aim just a little bit higher than your opponent.
Don't use your custom name using zelda. People can see where your teloporting.
wave dash sucks, but it's good at some times, so don't underestimate it.
When your Sheik charge up your Darts. Change to Zelda fight a while and change back to Sheik. Your darts will still be charged and your oppenent may forget about them.

...ummm why do u say that wavedashing sux. r u sure u just arent good at it? but w/e. Zeldas B is pretty good, but not to be abused. I didnt know Zelda had any juggling moves.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
The only time being patient/camping doesn't work is versus camping Falco's and Fox's. Even if I powershield all of falco's lazers he can just reflect them back, or aim them really low and jump over it and kick your butt. Or a Fox who runs away on Final D and spams lazers... There is nothing... you can do. or atleast nothing I've figured out. So I have to let falco's hit me with lazers sometimes to make them feel safe then Powershield at the last moment!! muhahaha. even then the falco can still trick you with a fake lazer -.-;
Yep. Run away lazerz sux ballz. There's not much that can be done to out stall them. I just sigh to myself, try to attack as best I'm able, and pray. lolz =w=

I think Zone said this before...or was it Magus....or Rapid...oh w/e I'll just say it again.

Knowing how to wavedash with Zelda is having just one more option in your back pocket. The rest is up to your play style.

Zone

Smash Champion
Yep. Run away lazerz sux ballz. There's not much that can be done to out stall them. I just sigh to myself, try to attack as best I'm able, and pray. lolz =w=

I think Zone said this before...or was it Magus....or Rapid...oh w/e I'll just say it again.

Knowing how to wavedash with Zelda is having just one more option in your back pocket. The rest is up to your play style.
May have been me
This familiar?

1.)Wave dash is a tool
2.)The more tools you have the more options are available
3.)The more options you have available, the less predictable you are.
4.)The less predictable you are the better things will work out.

or something like that.

Top Bottom