• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda - Timeline, story, weird miscellany, etc. discussion. (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Ganbare

Smash Apprentice
Someone had to make this topic eventually. The Wind Waker topic is really getting out of hand with this stuff, so I beg everyone posting their story debates there to post them in here, so people who actually want to discuss the game can post in there! Yeah, I know I'm not a mod, and if anyone dissaproves, then just close this topic I suppose. But until then, POST YOUR TIMELINE DISCUSSIONS IN HERE! ::passes out::

The Link in WW (I call him Link II) is mostly a sailor, exploring the many islands in flooded Hyrule. Since we don't know exactly where Holodrum & Labrynna are (OoA/OoS), I'd say they're mountaintops in flooded Hyrule, and that Link II, the sailor, is the one who journeyed through them.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
that is the first time ive ever heard of Hyrule flooded, and ive been looking for a **** of a long time on the Zelda Storyline.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flooded Hyrule is real.

***MINOR SPOILER ALERT***

It's part of the plot behind WW. I don't want to know too much about this game before I get it, so I didn't indulge myself on all the details that I could have...

BTW, SMM. That's an interesting theory. Do you have any evidence to base your hypothesis on? I always thought Link had been transported to that place by the Tri-Force... If not, then I grossly misunderstood the beginning to OoS and OoA.

krillin1986

Smash Champion
How's come in Zelda for NES, money is called "RUBIES", yet starting with OoT (that i know of) they're called "RUPEES" ?

Hey, you might as well call him like Link IV!!!

In OoT, there was Link, now in WW, it takes (maybe a spoiler)

place 100 years later

So see, Link could of had a Kid, Link II, who had a kid, Link III, whose had his kid, Link IV who is the link we'll play as in WW.. LOL... All those other links, II and III, can be the Link in Zelda NES and Zelda 2 Adventures of Link (but what about Link to the Past?) Maybe it's Link III that goes into the past, that eventually ends up being the link in OoA/S... :rolleyes: But then again, what about Zelda DX ?? LOL :chuckle:

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I think the Link in Links Awakening was also a sailor.......after all he got shipwrecked ont hat island

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
DYL's ultimate time line theory, revised *HUGE WW SPOILERS*

Well, no doubt everyone here already knows the story behind Wind Waker. But just incase you don't, consider yourself warned....

This is my timeline theory, revised with information from WW.

Ocarina of Time: The world is created by the goddesses. Triforce is placed in the Golden Land. Later, Ganondorf obtains the Triforce of Power and invades Hyrule. The Seven-Years-War takes place. Link and the Sages seal Ganon away in the Golden Land. Link is returned to his young age.

Majora's Mask: Link travels to Termina. Because Link was not in Hyrule, he lost the Triforce piece. Also, because he was not there...

Wind Waker: Ganondorf is (somehow*) released from the Golden Land, and tries to take over Hyrule again, going unchallenged by Link. Link is reborn in a young boy and collects his Triforce piece again. Link defeats Ganondorf and turns him to stone. The Triforce is scattered to the winds.

Oracles: Link is searching for a new Hyrule** when he is pulled into a warp to Labrynna or Holodrum (speculation). Twinrova Sisters are trying to revive Ganondorf from petrification. Link defeats Ganon and....??***

Link's Awakening: A dream Link has while on the ocean in search for a new Hyrule.

Link to the Past: Ganondorf is brought back from the Dark World, again, by Agahnim. Ganondorf seeks to punish the descendants of the Seven Wise Men (Sages) who sealed him in the Golden Land so long ago. Link defeats Agahnim and Ganon. Link obtains the Triforce.

Legend of Zelda: Not much known about this game by me. But in the end, Link kills Ganon for good.

Adventure of Link: Zelda is kidnapped because of her ownership of the Triforce of Wisdom... In the end, Link recovers the Triforce of Wisdom and fights Dark Link.

* The KoRL even says he does not know how Ganon broke his seal, and it was Laruto I think that says someone let him out. This might be shown to us in the next Zelda game.
** This is speculation on my part.
*** I never beat Ganon in the Oracle games. Someone can fill me in.

Questions? Comments?

jay dawg

Smash Rookie
nice synopsis however Link to the past happened before Link's awakening. LA is supposed to be Link relaxing after all the events in LttP.

HyruleanHero

Smash Journeyman
Jay is correct. I believe that in the manual to Link's Awakening (I don't have it with me) it says that Link set's sail and leaves Hyrule to train after LTTP. Also, I think OoA and OoS take place sometime after LTTP, because Link finds the assembled triforce from LTTP in the intro scene.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
spoiler

No, no, I believe that WW is possibly the last (so far) in the series. Gannon was not sealed away, he was killed. I know, i slayed him myself. I slammed my sword through his skull and he died (however, even though he was fatally wounded, he was indeed turned to stone[possibly this is petrification]). In the regular world. And it was said there would be no more hyrule- and that the flooded world of scattered islands would be the land of link and zelda(tetra), and NOT Hyrule. Though i am not familiar with link's awakening, which may come after this. But why would he be searching for a new hyrule? Even if it isn't the latest, i do believe that LTTP and adventure of link happened before WW(oracles also could have happened before this, depending on whether or not they took place on an ocean, though that may be a flaw in the storyline). But if oracles happened after link' awakening, then it would be possible if indeed link did find a new hyrule. But then if in Legend of Zelda, link kills gannon for good, then the first may indeed be the last.

HyruleanHero

Smash Journeyman
Um, just because Ganondorf got the Master Sword stuck in his head doesn't mean he's dead. Bad guys often don't die from stuff like that in games. I mean, Ganon/Ganondorf has been killed quite a few times, like in LoZ, LttP, OoA and OoS, and more recently, Wind Waker. I think the fact that he turned to stone might be hinting that he'll be back... what if the sword is removed from his head? Maybe that will revive him...

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've seen far more detailed timeline theories, but I have to give props to Dark Young Link. I agree with everything on the timeline, except for OOS and OOA. Those games, are in my humble opinion, spin-offs, heck, they were made partly by Capcom(Not that Capcoms bad, just pointing out facts). Just like those weird CD games like Wand of Gameleon and all that crap, those are not official. I like to think of a spinoff as a title that uses the same characters, but doesn't stay in sync with the timeline. Like say, Dr. Mario or those previously mentioned CD games with the fruity Link.

I'm using facts to support my timeline, facts are good.

Fact: LTTP is wayyyyyy before the events of Zelda 1. This is stated on the(I beleive) back cover of the LTTP SNES game case.

Fact: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, so far, are the first two in the timeline.

Fact: Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 are right aftereachother, meaning, Zelda 1 is before Zelda 2, but Zelda 2 is always right after it.

Fact: LTTP Link and LA Link are the same Link.

Putting these facts together I get:

1.OOT
2.MM
3.Wind Waker
4.Link's Awakening
5.LA
6.Zelda 1
7.Zelda 2

Keep in mind, in an official interview with Miyamoto, he said WW is exactly 100 years after Adult Link's timeline. Only idiots who are still shell-shocked about the Zoras=Ritos. "It takes millions of years to evole!!!1111" Yeah, and this isn't a game.:rolleyes: So, basically, that's pretty much the timeline, unless someone wants to tell me otherwise.

Also, Dark Young Link, if you want to consider OOA/OOS an official part of the timeline, fine. But keep in mind, Link was riding Epona, on land. The place was land, lots of land, not much water. So it's basically impossible it's the WW Link looking for the new land.....Unless of course, Holodrum and Labrynna are the 'new' lands, exxxxxxxtremely doubtful.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
LTTP, Oracles, and Link's Awakening are all the same link- Link II. Heres how it goes.

Around 35 years after the end of majora's mask, Link II defeats Gannon(who was unsealed by aghanim).-LTTP. During training/leasure after his quest, link is called to save the lands of Labyrina and Holodrum, where gannon is trying to regain power.-oracles. Link II succeeds and decides it's time to head back to hyrule, but on his way back he is shipwrecked and has to awaken the wind fish to get off.- Link's awakening.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, Jay, Hyrulean, I can definitely see how I can be wrong about LA and Oracles. I really don’t have any evidence to put them elsewhere, so I will agree with you both.

Pokemaster, I’m sorry, but you really don’t seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. I don’t see hoe WW can be last. I also don’t see how it can come after LttP when Wind Waker’s story draws so heavily from OoT. But, you seem to at least have some knowledge of what you’re talking about. I hope you stay and debate with us.

Now Shy Guy. Your post really caught my eye. Thanks for the props, BTW. The reason I don’t categorize the Oracle games with the CDi games is because, unlike Phillips, Capcom had Nintendo’s full consent and blessing to make their games, and they appear on a Nintendo system, so you know Nintendo at least had their hand in the project. That means they had some say so in what could happen and what couldn’t. And they don’t contradict any other games in the Zelda series.

The other thing I don’t agree with you on is the time between OoT (and MM) and Wind Waker. My views come not from the silly Zora/Rito evolution thing, but from dialog inside the game itself. In the intro, I believe, it states, very clearly, that this game takes place hundreds of years after the time when the Hero of Time saved the land. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s also some evidence not so blunt in the game that suggests that they are much more than 100 years after OoT. Most importantly, the fact that no one seems to remember the time before the land was flooded. At the very least, Link’s grandma could have very well remembered having to move to the mountains.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
DLY, think about your repsonses to Pokemaster and Shy Guy. You said that you couldn't see how WW could be the last game in the series, but they you told Shy Guy "In the intro, I believe, it states, very clearly, that this game takes place hundreds of years after the time when the Hero of Time saved the land." Now, if that's true, than there could have been many, many Links in between the Link from OoT and the Link from WW. There is one flaw in this: Gannondorf. In WW, he acts as though Link is the first Link he has seen since he was banished to the dark realm, saying that he has been waiting for him, or someone like him. That brings us back to the old Gannon/Gannondorf separate being thing. However, here's a new twist that i don't think anyone has brought up. Since this has been brought up, it seems to have been proven that Gannon and Gannondorf are essentially the same being. I'm not going to try and disprove that, although it seems like it could work. My idea is thus: what if they are separate personalities of the same person. In that case, they truly are the same person, but at the same time, Gannondorf would have no knowledge of the multiple battles Gannon has had with Link(s) in LoZ, LoZ2, OA, OS, LttP and LA (in that order) between OoT and WW.

Anyway, chalk two more cents up to the rAt...

pikamon

Smash Ace
Despite how interesting it is to look deep into the Zelda series, I can only wonder if we are looking too far into it. If you think about it, Nintendo may have never thought about connecting the Zelda stories until recently. After reading the above post, it seems to be the most likely to me, meaning that only a few of the zelda games actually connect. Before WW's release, I would have agreed with many of you in that they are all somehow connected historically, but because Gannondorf died (Turned to stone) and he says he was waiting for Link, I am pushed to believe that perhaps there were no in-between Links. The different personalities, gannon and gannondorf, theory seems to far-fetched to me also.

If anything, perhaps something will happen afterwards that will bring Gannondorf out of his petrification (Final fantasy hehe), leading the stories to actually connect that way, but who can tell at this point.

HyruleanHero

Smash Journeyman
Also, Shy Guy, in Wind Waker, the King states that OoT occured "hundreds of years ago". I'm sure Miyamoto was mistranslated in that interview and the result was a hundred years instead of hundreds of years. There's no way that memory of Hyrule could be forgotten in a hundred years. That's impossible, even for a game. Unless all the survivors lived under a rock or something...

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, the only reason I said that WW might have been the last is because it seems to have tied up most of the loose-ends from the other games (such as ganondorf being slayed and not sealed, and with an actual body to show for it). Then again, it created a few more.

It couldn't have been just a hundred years for hyrule to be forgotten(unless the gods sprinkled the people with majic dust to make them forget, but I don't think miyamoto is completely off his rocker, so he wouldn't do that.)

Aside from that, most Zelda games took place in hyrule, but hyrule being destroyed clearly means that those games couldn't have taken place after WW. It was said that there would be NO new hyrule. But that leaves open some of the games that didn't take place in hyrule.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Hey pokemonmaster01, don't appologize for having an original oppinion. It's just as valid as any others here if ya can back it up. I for one think WW is the last game in the series, and all preceding games take place between OoT and it. I could be wrong. I could be right. There's enough info to argue both sides. It seems as though our Zelda timeline has split into two possible explinations. Maybe that's the idea. Maybe Nintendo WANTS us to keep guessing and coming up with new theories. After all, that's what i find so fun about these games, finding new ideas for how it all works together (or lack there of). I guess my point is... can't we all just get along??? :crazy:

Anyway, that's two rupees worth of good advice; don't spend it all in one shop... :cool:

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
The rAt’s right, Poke. Just because I say something against your theory, don’t mean you have’ta return to the chalk board, so to speak. Who’s to say I’m right and you’re wrong. It’s all up for interpretation. Until Shiggy himself comes down from Nintendo land and graces us with an official story line, we have the right and privilege to debate all things Zelda until the cows come home!

I may come off as being a little stiff with my views on the series some times. But like the rAt here, I feel it’s all more important to have fun debating these things than to prove you’re right an’ he’s wrong.

Now! Let’s find ourselves something to talk about. How’s about this: How did Ganondorf ever break the seal placed on the gate to the Golden Land? I mean, the Sages put it there, right? It should have been there for a while. Me? I figure like in LttP, he had help from the outside. Some one let him out. Course, if you guys believe that WW came after all the rest, then the Sages didn’t seal him in there (this time), did they?

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Are we talking about how did Ganondorf break the seal after Ocarina of Time? I think that's pretty obvious. When Link left to go find his friend in Majora's Mask, the Triforce of Courage was destroyed, compeletely making the other parts of the Triforce (Tri means 3, you can't have a Triforce without 3 parts!) invalid. This made the gate broken allowing Ganondorf to basically walk through without any trouble.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Raccoon, that's an interesting theory, but how can you assume that the Triforce had anything to do with setting the seal on Ganon? I mean, wasn't it the power of the sages, and not the Triforce that sealed him there?

Poke, you are assuming that LttP came after OoT and before WW, and I can't see it. I mean, Ganon and the KoRL and everyone else speaks in WW as if OoT was the last major thing to happen to Hyrule. And also, in the beginning of WW, it says that there was a time of peace, and then Ganon came, not some peace, them some more Ganon and then some more peace and so on... Maybe we should get the placement of WW out of the way first, because it makes too many waves in the water when we are thinking two different things came before WW...

pikamon

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Raccoon87
Are we talking about how did Ganondorf break the seal after Ocarina of Time? I think that's pretty obvious. When Link left to go find his friend in Majora's Mask, the Triforce of Courage was destroyed, compeletely making the other parts of the Triforce (Tri means 3, you can't have a Triforce without 3 parts!) invalid. This made the gate broken allowing Ganondorf to basically walk through without any trouble.
Actually, if you believe the Tetraforce theory, there could be any number of multiple triforce pieces. Here's a quote from www.tmsword.com where they discuss it in detail...

"Well, in the Zelda 1, when there were only [two], [Tri]force ment that, each piece was shaped a [triangle], so it could be called the Triforce even if there were 100 pieces! If called Triforce based on shape, then by shape, the "complete" Triforce isn't a complete Triangle."

Also, you must remember that it wasn't so much the triforce that put him there, as it was the seven sages. If you think about it, what did the triforce actually do that sealed him away? It was the power of the seven sages that seeled him away. Of course, I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's good to keep possibilities open.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, in Ocarina of Time in Ganon's Tower when you shoot those balls with a light arrow and the sages pop out, doesn't that mean that Ganondorf caught them? If he could catch the seven sages, couldn't he have the strength to break out, especially with no Link?

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well Raccoon, the way I see it, why would anyone bother putting a seal on him if he could just break out himself? I mean, that's like putting one of those $0.50 locks you use to get in the gum ball machines on your bike.... Obviously that seal was built to last... I don't think that Ganon could have escaped without some assistance.

Oh, and Pikamon, could you please explain yourself a little bit better? I'm not sure I understand all that... The Triforce having more pieces?? How could it have more than three? I mean, there's three goddesses, each bestowing power to one piece of the Triforce... Power, Courage and Wisdom. If there was a fourth, why hasn't the holder of it had any role in the legend? And when the Triforce was reunited in the end of some of the games, there's clearly only three pieces, and there couldn't be one still hidden, because the Triforce has to be complete in order for it to grant wishes. Remember? Unless you count the void in the middle as a piece...

I think "Tri" stands for how many pieces it has...

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it only has three pieces. You don't always have to find all of the pieces. Though it could be part of several triforces, such as three triforces making one giant one. I'm not denying that; but right now there is no evidence for that.

What's all this about several triforces? As I see it, there is only one (1) Triforce of Courage, only one (1) Triforce of Wisdom, and only one (1) Triforce of Power, and when they're put together, they make one (1) Triforce.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Well, maybe he couldn't break out on his own, but if there must be an equal balance of good and evil in the world (as I see it), then when Majora's Mask was destroyed, then wouldn't the gate holding Ganondorf be weakened?

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well for one thing, MM took place in another dimension. I don't see how the two worlds can directly affect each other... And besides, I think the balance was broken in Termina when something happened before MM took place. Maybe it was the Fierce Deity being trapped inside the mask. Maybe it was something with the four giants. Who knows?

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
But you can jump from dimension to dimension as the Skull Kid did with Majora's Mask on. I just can't really accept the idea that Hyrule and Termina are really not connected. Would Hyrule and Termina be on the same planet, just in different sides of the universe? (I think that black holes are passageways to another, equal in all ways to our own universe.) And who saw the Soul Calibur 2 movie on the Preview Disc? Hyrule's supposed to be on Earth.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Termina is Hyrule on another level of existence. So actions in Termina directly effect actions in Hyrule and vice-versa. No one ever notices because they can't see each other and can't tell the difference between natural events and events caused by the alternate world.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, the story of SC2 is not directly connected to that of the Legend of Zelda. Don’t start adding SC2 to the Zelda timeline.

If Termina was Hyrule’s double, then where’re Link’s, Zelda’s and Ganondorf’s doubles? I guess those three could be special, unique characters of which there are only single versions, and they all happen to originate from Hyrule.

How can you be on the same planet and opposite sides of the universe at the same time? And who said anything about black holes?? This is a magical portal that Skull Kid used to get to Hyrule, not a black hole. If it were a black hole, then Link and Epona would have been compressed into sub-molecular versions of their former selves when they went through. Hey! Maybe Termina actually exists on the sub-microscopic level, and the moon that is crashing down on it is really a stray molecule from Hyrule… -_-v

I believe that Termina is nothing more than a alternate, paradox universe to Hyrule. It has similarities to Hyrule, maybe due to Link’s perspective of his own world. And I don’t think that Majora being destroyed would have any direct influence on Hyrule other than now Link can go home with his horse. Which isn’t even a direct influence.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
One more thing...

Yeah, and look what happens next in that series. A bigger evil? Not likely. More like a funky scavenger hunt for magical talisman animals...

Has anyone here seen the Japanese manga about Majora and how his power got transferred the mask? (Sounds like Jackie Chan, surprisingly)

It tells about a man who travels to the world where the man-eater, Majora lives. He deceives Majora by posing as a weary traveler. Majora lets his guard down and the man talks him into believing that he has nothing left to live for. Then the man plays a drum and Majora dances himself to death and man then carves Majora's empty shell into the mask we see in the game.

I think it was going to be the official story behind Majora but then something happened...

firaga01

Smash Lord
Heh, man I used to miss this topic! What's up DYL? Having fun running over new psycho theories on Zelda?

I've never heard a rumor like that, DYL. I wasn't included in the storyline Nintendo gave a few years ago (under the old version of zelda.com, not the new).

Well, actually, I have a copy of it somewhere........I'll post what Nintendo wrote about Majora's Mask:

Originally written by Nintendo on its old website of zelda.com
When Hyrule was created by the three goddesses at the beginning of time, there were certain side effects of its creation which Din, Nayru and Farore did not anticipate. As the three holy women breathed life into the world and chased away Emptiness, their potent breath slipped through tiny cracks in the folds of space and created millions of alternate worlds in the process.

The goddesses were not upset by this. In fact, they were quite amused at the possibility of watching millions of dramas unfold rather than just one. Each world, they noticed, shared common elements but also differed in major ways. One of these worlds, called Termina by its inhabitants, is where the legendary tale of Link's second great adventure began ...

On a dark and dreary afternoon, a lonely Skull Kid sat at the base of a tree and cried about his pitiful position in life. With no friends to talk to, he sat there weeping as a steady rain soaked his clothing and dampened his spirits. He was beginning to think that he would never cheer up when two feisty fairies named Tatl and Tael happened to buzz by.

The two fairies, who happened to be brother and sister, decided that Skull Kid would make the perfect playmate. This greatly improved Skull Kid's mood, and the three became fast friends and were immediately inseparable.

The happy times lasted for a long while, but eventually things took a turn for the worse. One day, Skull Kid "borrowed" an interesting mask from a traveling Happy Mask salesman. He didn't mean any great harm,and perhaps he even intended to give it right back, but little did Skull Kid know that the mask he had just swiped was the legendarily wicked relic known as Majora's Mask.

When Skull Kid tried on Majora's Mask, he was instantly overcome by the evil power of the mask. Skull Kid had always possessed a mischievious spirit, but while wearing the mask his pranks became more hurtful and mean-spirited. Tatl and Tael were worried about Skull Kid's behavior, but they couldn't resist tagging along with Skull Kid to see what he would do next.

Back in Hyrule, Link had just defeated Ganon,the King of Evil. After traveling through time to return to his younger days, Link set off on a personal mission to search for his missing fairy friend, Navi. Although he was proud of his accomplishments, his soul felt empty without his loyal friend Navi to share in the victory.

Just as Link was feeling particularly low and alone, he experienced an unexpected encounter. Through some magical force unleashed by Majora's Mask, Skull Kid passed through an inter-dimensional portal and made the leap from Termina to Hyrule. Unfortunately for Link and his trusty horse Epona, he and his steed became the unwilling targets of Skull Kid's mischief.

Skull Kid threw Link from Epona, stole the Ocarina of Time, and led the young hero on an extended chase. Link had just lost one friend, and he wasn't about to lose sight of another. His loyalty to Epona was so strong that he followed Skull Kid all the way through the inter-dimensional portal and found himself in the odd world of Termina. Link was able to catch up with Skull Kid, but Epona was no where in sight. To add insult to injury, Skull Kid jinxed Link by imprisoning him in the body of a wooden, plantlike creature called a Deku Scrub.

Forced to cope with his strange, new form, Link the Deku Scrub also had to deal with a newly-forged alliance with Tatl. The fairy was separated from her brother by the careless actions of Skull Kid, so she reluctantly agreed to guide Link through Termina -- where everyone was a stranger, yet each individual looked like the twin of someone Link had met in Hyrule.

The center of the parallel world was Clock Town, where a towering clock reached into the sky. Link quickly learned that Termina was in great peril due to Skull Kid's trouble-making ways. Everyone's life was in a state of disarray, and the very moon was on a collision course with the world. Link discovered that in three days, that the moon would crash into Termina and kill every last inhabitant.

The first to greet Link when he arrived in Clock Town was the Happy Mask salesman whom the Skull Kid robbed of Majora's Mask. The mysterious businessman struck up a deal with Link: If Link could find his Ocarina and use its power of time travel, the salesman would return Link to his original form, lifting Skull Kid's Deku Scrub curse.(By playing the Song of Healing)

Link was able to recover his Ocarina, but he had still not found Epona. Also, after learning of Termina's troubles he decided that he had to do something to halt Skull Kid and his unruly actions.

Using the power of magical masks like he had never seen before during his adventures in Hyrule, Link was able to assume the identities and powers of other characters like a Zora and a Goron. Though he put forth a heroic effort, three days was simply not enough time to right Skull Kid's many wrongs and stop the descent of the moon.

Link used his Ocarina to relive the same three days again and again, and was eventually able to change the courses of people's criss-crossed lives. After facing many tests of strength and courage, the Hero of Time was even able to free Skull Kid from the evil power of Majora's Mask and quiet the wrath of Majora itself.

Once again, unfortunately, he was unable to share his victory with Navi.

At this point, it was no longer necessary for Link to relive the three-day cycle which he had come to know so well. His spirits were lifted by experiencing new days and nights, but deep in his heart he was still saddened by Navi's disappearance.

Link had many more adventures in the land of Termina, but eventually his heart led him back through the inter-dimensional doorway to his homeworld of Hyrule, where he went to live a normal life.
Anyways, thats it. Feel free to discuss it, but nintendo did indeed write it....

Anyone here know anything about quantum physics? If you do, well, you'd know that two universes are compeltely believebale. As theorised in 1953, it is believed that our universe is not an isolated phenomenon, but rather, is part of a collection of different universes known as the Multiverse. There are an infinite amounf of universes in the Multiverse; in one of them, the USA started WWII, in another the USSR won the Cold War. In one, the legend of Zelda is not a game, but is reality. therefore, one could assume that Termina is a near-similar reality to Hyrule. There are no wormholes of black holes or anything ludicrous. However, you could argue that if you could shrink to the subatomic level and enter "quanta" (fuzziness you see under an extremely high-powered microscope), you may be able to enter this "multiverse."

Can you imagine Link being the Adolf Hitler of some wacko dimension? :p

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Return of the King...

Glad to see you back in action, Firaga! I've heard that story before. I don't know where but I don't think it was zelda.com... Who knows... Oh, and did Nintendo *always* own zelda.com? I'm sure they didn't, because it use to be a porno site... Are you sure it was under the influence of Nintendo when this was wrote?

Anyhow, it doesn't conflict with the story I have up there. What I said was like a back story to Majora's Mask. It just tells of how the mask came to be.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Hey, all! I'm back from Mexico, and i see you've all been busy...
Anyway, i also remember hearing some form of Firaga's story (btw, long time no see Firaga; let the speculation commence!), and it seems about right, as far as explinations go. It also illustrates some of the points about the game that really burn me up. For example, Link starts out his quest to find Navi. Navi is never shown at any point in the game, Link never finds her, infact, Navi is only related to the game in the beginning. Why couldn't they just throw us a bone and let him actually find Navi?? I mean, how hard would it have been to work him finding Navi into the ending sequence? And for that matter, to leave something that explains (explains directly, because i know there has been much speculation about this) the deku butler and his son. Anyways, back to Navi, it just seems like the whole game has nothing to do with anything, like one big sidequest on Link's REAL quest to find Navi. To be perfectly honest, i was expecting to find out at the end of the game something to the extent of Tatl and Tael being Navi split into two by the skull kid or some other force. Anyway, all of that aside, we have a new topic to debat: what happened to Navi?

Anyway, that's my dos pesos! :cool:

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I had always figured that Navi split (as in left, not became Tael and Tatl) after leaving Link in the end of OoT. She left because Link's role as the Hero of Time was over. They had completed their mission. Navi left, and maybe went back to the forest. This would explain why Link is riding in the forest when Skull Kid found him.

I've heard theories that Navi wasn't the friend Link was looking for. Maybe it was Epona, and the story of the game is talking about once you get into the game, you're looking for her. Maybe it was more a search for a friend in general. Like a play mate, and the friend Link found was Skull Kid. But the story that Firaga posted would seem to disprove all that...

Top Bottom