• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I think you meant to tag Burgundy Burgundy bc I don't play the game or even know anything about it (other than Merkava dittos are top tier or something).
Gorl what I played that game for like 5 minutes cause of RWBY I don’t know any more than you do

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
YOOOOOOOOO, this Brave Banner is straight up garbage compared to the last one lmao. At least art wise. Obviously their kits are S tier.

Veronica: Horse Gorl
Her role is being a super buffer with a brand new +6 atk/spd Balm. She also gets Wrazzle Dazzle with her weapon+kit. Her weapon is Sothe's dagger. She's obviously a good healer/staff unit but damn did they **** this up by not making her the 1st flying staff user. She would be a gawdess even with her big head if she was on a pegasus. But nooooooooooooooooooo. So now she's 3rd or 4th of the group ez.

Her art looks odd because the coloration and the back-headdress thing makes her head look big compared to her body. find it hilarious that "Lyn" sneaks into the CYL2 somehow anyway lmao.

Celica: Infantry Gorl
Celica looks like she just got back from a make-over montage at the dollar store. She's a better and stronger Ayra. She legit gets a "Death Blow 4" lmao so yay, we now know that the power creep is gonna come in the form of Blow 4/Stance 4/etc skills. She's OK. Low tier art that makes Gawdess Zelda cry, but a kit that makes Shiek proud. However, she gets an OP stance so maybe it's balanced out?

BUT DAMN GORL PLS GO SWAP YOUR OUTFIT THIS IS A TRAVESTY FFS. On the plus side, she has a good voice as always and her stance is 10/10.

Ephraim: Armor Axe Boi
He swapped weapons with Hector jajajajaja. Made for offensive armor squads. Since rallies/hones/marches allows for Axe Boi here to make guarenteed follow-ups. He gets a new (kinda weird) ability that allows him to have +1 charge for self/-1 charge for enemy when in entering any combat with 50% or more HP. So it's like Super Guard with a splash of Breath for armor units. A very unique spin on armor units and he looks great.

Art is great. Unit type is great too since he's armor AND axe which are both new for Ephraim.

Hector: Best For Last LANCE BOI DIS TIME WHAT WHAT
So he gets Distant Counter, except he gets +4 atk/def when he's attacked rip. His stats are very good and his kit is objectively the best of all armors. His weapon has -1 to special charge like a killer weapon, but then has Vengeful Fighter 3 built into it lmao. Then he gets Bold Fighter because wtf not, amirite? I hate to say it, but now Gwendolyn is no longer the top tier lance gorl for defense. Hector is a direct upgrade of her. He is easily among the best option for any armor emblem, as usual.

As expected his art is flawless and he's the Brave Lyn of this quad-group right now. Looks like Brave Lyn's husbando is the #1 choice for this round. So that means Brave Lyn peeks in a 2nd time on CYL2. We are never going to escape Lyn rip.

Anyway, this new CYL banner is certainly decent with the art for the females being questionable but the art for the dudes looking good (we now a husbando collector now, rip waifu collector game). Celica is just soooooo uuuuuuuuuuugh. I've never seen such disrespect. Not to Celica or her character but I mean to us. Her outfit is so bad that it's actually disrespecting our eyes. She's a wreck and I can't look away.

me irl for the next 100+ hours pls send help btw:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Anyone who doesn’t appreciate Gaiden Celica, drawn by Hidari, are fools and cowards and natural selection is coming for them
CYL Celica is beautiful and lovely and amazing k thnx

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Her art looks odd because the coloration and the back-headdress thing makes her head look big compared to her body.
Her art looks odd cause they had the main character design for Awakening / Fates / Heroes draw it again, so it's the same "Nice design, dull colors" look B!Lucina has. And much like how L!Lucina looks so much better than B!Lucina even though it's the exact same character design, Yosuke's problem really comes down to his coloring.

Flying gets a staff user the day Calvary gets a dancer. So it's never going to happen.

You're selling her short, tbh. She's a free Wrazzle Dazzle Calvary, and she's better at it than Elise and Maribelle. That alone should rank her higher than a non-DC Green Axe user in a niche that already has three Hectors and W!Chrom, and our gazillionth glass cannon sword infantry.

The real travesty is that people on reddit are nicknaming her "Ronnie" and makes me want to vomit.

Celica looks like she just got back from a make-over montage at the dollar store.
**** dawg, it was 99 cents! Where else would she find a Double Lion skill?

I think reddit's got this one right; she's probably already in the lineup for a future Legendary alt. And yeah it looks a bit silly, but it's a great homage to have the Echoes artist draw her in her Gaiden look, honoring both games at once.

lmao so yay, we now know that the power creep is gonna come in the form of Blow 4/Stance 4/etc skills.
Or we can wait four months for them to release the Skill forge and two more types of currency they'll never release in a usable quantity.

And Hector's art is great but his animations are sort of bland. TBH, Legendary Heroes kind of make the CYL characters feel underwhelming. Why don't they have special elemental attributes or stylized special attack animations?

Her special attack art is literally a ribbon floating in the air. Hidari's art is fantastic, but that's probably one of the worse special attack arts in the game.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I found Lizzo thanks to Broad City and idk how I never knew P O W E R F U L gorl like this.

Anyone who doesn’t appreciate Gaiden Celica, drawn by Hidari, are fools and cowards and natural selection is coming for them
Her art isn't CYL material, gorl, you best stop trippin' before you wind up with a concussion.

I get they were going for a "teehee let's do a homage thing..." but they should've done something to steer away from the ketchup and mustard motif. I mean, it looks like once upon a time her outfit was red and white but it's so old that it's now red and yellow-ish. There's no shine/sheen to her coloration. They could've either made the gold/yellow parts white/gold. Or they could've made her armor a shiny ruby-like material. But nooooooooope. Welcome to dull ketchup + mustard city I guess.

Her proportions, face, hair, stance, and shoes are 100% gorl approved though. So even though her art is hella jacked up, she still pulls ahead because she isn't pure waifu bait (she is incapable in that outfit) and she's not disastrous-looking like Florina or Cordelia.

Bonus points because she dethrones Ayra in more ways than 1.

"Hi im ayra i'm a waifu with a broken move so-"
"ok step aside, bye. Hi I'm Celica and I got this OP sword and can pretty much just 1-Round-KO heauxes with Astra or Dragon Fang. Or Use Galeforce hacks. Y'know, do more than 1 thing. Also my outfit is ugly. So people are picking me because they actually like me, or my betta-than-your's-kit, not because I'm waifu bait."

Destroyed Ayra:

Anything that destroys Ayra makes me happy. Not because she's hard to deal with, but because she's just emo Eirika with a dumb ability and everyone wants her on their team.

Her art looks odd cause they had the main character design for Awakening / Fates / Heroes draw it again, so it's the same "Nice design, dull colors" look B!Lucina has. And much like how L!Lucina looks so much better than B!Lucina even though it's the exact same character design, Yosuke's problem really comes down to his coloring.
o das y rip

Celica suffered the same fate.

Flying gets a staff user the day Calvary gets a dancer. So it's never going to happen.
Twist: it's going to be a horse that can dance/has no rider.

You're selling her short, tbh. She's a free Wrazzle Dazzle Calvary, and she's better at it than Elise and Maribelle. That alone should rank her higher than a non-DC Green Axe user in a niche that already has three Hectors and W!Chrom, and our gazillionth glass cannon sword infantry.
She's a great unit and so are all of the characters, as expected out of boosted bst/CYL preferential treatment. Having another high powered colorless cavalry is great for calvary itself. But not having a flying staff user this far into the game and it not being Veronica is just a missed opportunity. Veronica would've been a shoe-in for a staff user on a black pegasus. Her outfit basically screams "Ye when I'm not walking around, I'm flying around, jajajaja." And here's the heaux on a horse. Just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. STOP IS WUT R U DOINGGGG

*they release another bara Hector*

o ok carry on then i guess :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Her art looks odd because the coloration and the back-headdress thing makes her head look big compared to her body. find it hilarious that "Lyn" sneaks into the CYL2 somehow anyway lmao.
She's supposedly 1.5 years older than her regular self according to Kozaki: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...i_says_that_he_drew_veronica_around_15_years/. She's like what? 10 normally, so she's still a kid with a big headdress that will probably still look big on her when she's older, but it's not as wide as her regular self's headdress. Anyway, her art doesn't seem odd to me and I think it's because it's the same artist, same style, as the main characters before Book 2, so it feels familiar or expected of what she'd look like.

Celica looks like she just got back from a make-over montage at the dollar store. She's a better and stronger Ayra.
But I like her outfit...

The better than Ayra thing I'm not so sure. Ayra has less speed, but she still has Regnal Astra which with Wo Dao or Slaying Edge and Wrath becomes even stupider. Celica would win out in Royal Sword being easier to get its special charge effect since she just needs to be near someone unlike Ayra who needs to be faster and having stronger immediate wins and Galeforce shenanigans with Double Lion, but I think her sustain would be worse than Ayra since she'd need someone to heal her back to full HP for Double Lion which without it, she'd just be another sword infantry or a +Spd, -HP Ayra without Regnal Astra which in that case would be worse than Karla who is basically a +Atk, -Def Celica and +Atk, -Def Mia who also has pretty good default sustain with Resolute Blade if you can get Wrath on her since she'd get +20 damage and Noontime, Sol, or Aether's healing.

She legit gets a "Death Blow 4" lmao so yay, we now know that the power creep is gonna come in the form of Blow 4/Stance 4/etc skills.
Part of me hopes this could lead to things like Brash Assault 4, Guard 4, Threaten Stat 4, and maybe Quick Riposte 4 considering how Vengeful Fighter gives armors not only a higher health threshold, but also +1 special charge when countering. Just a little boost or maybe a big one for those skills, but the downside is that the units who have those skills probably would need to inherit them. Hell if they're going to add Death Blow 4 to Elincia, Hawkeye, Klein, Meisterhardt, Siegbert, etc.

As for Death Blow 4 itself, Lilina gets to be an even more delightful monster. She would get +14 attack on initiation with unique refined Forblaze and Death Blow 4. Add +7 if it's against someone affected by Forblaze's Chill Res. I really want 10 copies of Lilina right now since the one and only Lilina I summoned -- I think, I don't remember if I ever summoned a second one -- is +Atk, -HP.

He swapped weapons with Hector jajajajaja.
He even has a bro moment with Hector in the paralogue. EphraimXHector confirmed?

Also, CYL Hector apparently has a defense superboon because why not. +Res CYL Hector would be tankier overall, but jumping from an already high 39 base defense to a 43 base is stupid when Ostian Counter brings it up to 47.

Her special attack art is literally a ribbon floating in the air. Hidari's art is fantastic, but that's probably one of the worse special attack arts in the game.
Meanwhile, Hako's special attack arts for Caeda, Felicia, and Shanna where they get a line. At least Elise gets sparkly stars. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Soooooo the Smash Ultimate site just added a remix of the main menu theme from Heroes.
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html
wut.

As for this banner, 80 orbs only got me another Deirdre. This is my third one and I got all 3 off-focus, so I think this gorl is my new stalker since Peri got demoted (I'm not complaining though, Boey needed QR3). And I kno I said I was saving for CYL and I had like 600 orbs ready for it, but I think I'm just getting tired of alts. So I guess I'll save until Soren or Saber gets another banner, or for Forsyth and Python to get added.
Troo, but in return she gets one of the best damaged arts in the game because she looks like she's actually injured. It's a nice change from "oh no ive been hit, i should pose in a provocative way while my clothes magically dissolve" again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Grandia fans? :nifty::ultzelda::yeahboi:

Playable Feh when?

Anyways, I'm on a Shantae for smash hype crusade. How many of you gorls are Shantae fans?
I'm not, sadly. I just want Shadow as Sonic's Echo Fighter, and Rex/Pyra as a Xenoblade 2 rep.

I think these are the following they could do:

- Makes Shadow's Up B Mewtwo/Palutena's Teleport/Warp. Since he's known for using Chaos Control.
- His Spin Dash could do more hits, but less damage I think.
- Final Smash could either be Super Shadow or Chaos Blast. Super Shadow would just be a copy of Super Sonic, or Chaos Blast could be just a giant explosion, covering the whole stage.

Also, I've been thinking about the Grandia 1 HD Remaster... Mainly about the following:

I wanna know whether they'll use the graphic style from the SEGA Saturn or PS1 version. Since while both are kind of the same, they're different graphic wise.

The floor texture is not aligned properly with the houses in the PS1 version, whereas in the Saturn version; they are. The colours are slightly brighter, and the shadows are different, PS1 uses realistic shadows, whereas the Saturn uses the cartoon-y shadows you'd see. I'm also curious if the HD Remaster will fix the slowdown in some areas of the game, since I do remember several areas having quite a drop of frames due to an abundance of monsters. Also, I want to see if they'll also fix the bug with Feena's Level 2 Spell "Gate Of Time". Since that was supposed to have Lv. 30 in Water and Wind to access it, but due a bug; it instead sits at Lv. 99 Water and Wind to obtain it.

Another thing I'm curious about with the Remaster is if it'll have more Sound Options, if you played this on the PS1; you'll know that there were only 3 sound options: Mono, Stereo, and Surround Sound. There were no options for increasing or lowering the Music, SFX, or Voices, so I'd like to see if they'll add that as an option, along with the obvious one, since they added this into Grandia 2 Anniversary Edition. English and Japanese Voice Options.

I've played Grandia plenty of times, and while I do really like the characters as they're memorable and all. The English voice acting is... Not great, to say the least. So I'd actually like to give it a shot with the Japanese voice option on, to see if they sound better.

One more I am very VERY CURIOUS about... Is if they'll include Digital Museum as well with the HD Remaster. But I doubt it.

Digital Museum was a Sega Saturn exclusive Grandia Spin Off, released only in Japan; and it had you exploring four dungeons, and fighting against all kinds of bosses and combinations of monsters with Justin, Sue and Feena. (E.g. You can fight Gadwin and Milda in one boss fight, and then Mullen and Baal in another.)

So that covers my curiosities with the HD Remaster. But to recap slightly on what I wanna see:

- Wondering if they'll use the Saturn or PS1 Graphics.
- More Sound Options (And English/Japanese voice options).
- Inclusion of Digital Museum.
- Fixes on Frame Rate issues in some areas.
- Fix the Level requirement for Feena's Gate Of Time spell.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
(I promised myself to not post too much more, but the Zelda fire in me is burning!)

There’s a difference between saying “You’ll be struggling as a character so be prepared to fight a fair share of uphill battles” vs “she’s a dumpster fire, don’t bother”.

One acknowledges her weaknesses, but still allows possibility, the other just flat out tells you to not even try.

I think being gatekeepers in that regard seems a bit silly. Let people form their own opinions by... letting them experience the character on their own. The best we can do is let them know what kind of troubles they should be prepared for, not telling them to flat out forget it.

This is really similar to how a lot to Zelda mains were really angry at Nairo for experimenting with Din’s Fire offstage when recovering. He got trounced for it, but at least he was trying for something interesting and not just ignoring the possibility and actually tried it out in practice.

Just because Zelda is a rigid character doesn’t mean you have to have a rigid mindset, haha.
I guess, but even I could smell not wanting to bother with her in the long run in 4 whenever I was forced to dig deeper on the feel of her by general movement and gameplay as I not only found pretty sluggish, but strangely wonky to even be satisfying to play on the go.

Seeing that Zelda's actually worsened if KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is to go by isn't helping much with this, honestly. :facepalm:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I guess, but even I could smell not wanting to bother with her in the long run in 4 whenever I was forced to dig deeper on the feel of her by general movement and gameplay as I not only found pretty sluggish, but strangely wonky to even be satisfying to play on the go.

Seeing that Zelda's actually worsened if KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is to go by isn't helping much with this, honestly. :facepalm:
Yeah sure, take the impressions of someone who didn't try anything new in a non-competitive environment in a demo build prone to janky stuff happening.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Playable Feh when?

Anyways, I'm on a Shantae for smash hype crusade. How many of you gorls are Shantae fans?
omg I got my first Shantae game the other day (Risky's Revenge) and it is SOOO fun and cute I would love to see her in, even though I'm not super experienced with her and the series I can tell girl's got a lot of potential

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
omg I got my first Shantae game the other day (Risky's Revenge) and it is SOOO fun and cute I would love to see her in, even though I'm not super experienced with her and the series I can tell girl's got a lot of potential
I'm going through Half Genie Hero right now actually. The writing reminds me of The Addams Family style of humor.

Also, Shantae basically plays like she's in smash already. You'd just have to change items into tilts.

Yeah sure, take the impressions of someone who didn't try anything new in a non-competitive environment in a demo build prone to janky stuff happening.
I'll take the impressions of someone who has very well shown a thorough understanding of the game and how the different aspects of it affect characters. Kuro has put a ton of genuine effort into Zelda's databases, theorycrafting, and smash in general.

When did this thread start treating KuroganeHammer like a pinata? We used to be classy AF here. Now everyone, including me, (Sorry Katy Parry Katy Parry ) are tearing at each other's throats while waiting for EOD's yuri pic of the day. Can't we just go back into the trashcan gorls? Or do we have to wait for december 7th to finally remember what brought us all together in the first place? I don't wanna see anymore of these personal attacks.

I come here for Zelda discussion and self deprecating sass, not this insulting quasi-political divide between hopeful new Zelda Mains vs old trash like me.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
you're right af Freelance, I do hate the trash Zelda talk bc I feel like it doesn't really contribute to anything and just cancels any thoughts on how we can work with what she has, but girl this is the Z E L D A social it is not that serious and we all love(/hate) her anyways and it is not that big of a deal to state how u feel about a character

HOWEVER
i do think it is unproductive for positive Zelda mains and ones with a bad opinion of her to just brush off each other's opinions cuz that just doesn't help anything and does not contribute to any productive discussion

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For the record I'm not calling KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer a liar or anything. If he saw anything mechanically wrong then it should absolutely be noted so that it can be patched A.S.A.P.

But the way he described his play session makes it seem like rather inadequate evidence of Zelda's competitive potential. Of course it's hard to get anything done in a free-for-all if you're constantly being targeted. I don't care if he has creds. ESAM thought Dark Samus had a faster roll. He's wrong. It's just a buff normal Samus got that no one payed attention to because he posted an earlier vid whining about Samus's altered dash attack, and because of that people just assumed that's all she wrote for her. And now that Dark Samus is on the scene people are jumping on the new character bandwagon and attributing several changes from 4 Samus only to her, and not Samus herself. All this because no one bothered to properly test things that didn't work well in the previous game on the assumption that they wouldn't change, and focused only on the stuff that did work well before, and based assumptions solely on those.
Plenty of characters have suffered from this bias with new, good tools flying under the radar.

So while you can make individual observations and make some speculations based on those, you can't have an honest-to-goodness competitive impression unless you've fully analyzed and experienced a character's tools and traits. Based on his words, KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer simply failed to deliver on that front.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This topic is awkward and I'm upset that I'm being shaded like this because I would like to keep my opinions to myself so as not to dissuade y'all but... like the above post pretty much just says "kurogane hammer got no idea what he's talking about" and usually my response to that would be "suck my chode" but I gotta be nice, y'know?

Basically, can it.

Edit: on a more positive note, I rolled Brave!Celica in Fire Emblem Heroes. I'm hoping everyone will spirit bomb with me to vote Wrys in for first place for CYL3.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just a reminder that SmashU will be bad because it won't have the booty to amplify the bara.

rip
39760683_963746013750204_3340941049651527680_o.jpg

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on MikaBonk fans? :nifty::nifty::ultzelda:

Been chilling again, and I've been wondering on how to deal with Carmine in BBTAG; because that is one character I seem to REALLY struggle with, like damn man.

That guy is just tough for me. I'll need to learn how to deal with him, since I do play Yu/Gordeau and have a pocket Yuzuriha.

Also, for whatever reason; I thought of something dumb. Like how every character in a section of a tier list have parties.

Top Tiers:
- Having a high class party in a mansion.
Bayonetta, Akuma (SFV), Fox (Melee), Morrigan (UMvC3), Yu Narukami (P4A), Sentinel (MvC2), Archetype=EARTH (MBAACC), Ruby Rose (BBTAG), etc.

High Tiers:
- Enjoying a meal out at a nice resturant.
Lucina, Jigglypuff (Melee), Iron Man (MvC2/UMvC3), Gordeau (BBTAG), etc.

Mid Tiers:
- Invited to someone's home for a small party.
Hulk (UMvC3), Heihachi (T7), Aigis (BBTAG), Kokonoe (BBCF), Duck Hunt, etc.

Low Tiers:
- All just eating at their fast food joint.
Weiss (BBTAG), Gardevoir (Pokken), Little Mac, etc.

Bottom Tiers:
- All in an alley, hungry and eating out of date food.
Neco-Arc (MBAACC), Zelda (SSB4), Ganondorf (SSBB), Roll (MVC2), Hsien-Ko (UMVC3), Yukiko (BBTAG)
:secretkpop:

Also, anyone looking forward to My Hero One's Justice when it comes out worldwide?

Last edited:

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
:secretkpop: Zelda may not be top tier, but her kicks are FABULOUS!! :joyful:

But on a more serious note, Zelda's frame data is getting better. Her jab is Frame 4, based on the demo, which is a huge improvement from :4zelda:'s, which was frame 11. (although :4zelda:'s was positive on shield, but :ultzelda:'s is negative on shield, but hush) BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!! THOSE SANDAL CHUNKS!! OOF!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Smash Ultimate is wonderful but really the loss of butt is FLAT (lol) OUT HEARTBREAKING
I wasn't even someone who really cared for butts outside of oneshot comments. But they're gone, so I now know I've been taking them for granted. SmashU is destined to fail and be left behind because they left behind the behinds.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Pachebel fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

If I see anymore arguing or drama, I'll unleash the MikaBonks. :secretkpop:

Anyway, been looking at some combos involving Yuzuriha and Gordeau on Twitter. Gonna be making notes of them here if you don't mind. :secretkpop:

Same goes with ones involving Yu and Gordeau.

Yuzu/Gord
6PB>236BD>236A(Hold)>236A>4A>4A>C(Hold)>5P>214C>236BBC[CC]>D>5BB>2B>214BC>P
16k, 4 Bars

Yu/Gord (Leads to a Reset)
jAB5P>5AA>jC[CC]>4P>jC>4P>5BD>5BB>214AD>5A... jCD>2B>jBA>5AAA>5BB>jBA>5A>214BC>P
6.1k during 1st combo, 9.9k after Reset, 4 Bars

Yu/Gord
[CH]6P,5B>236B>5B[CC]>236B[D]>6,214B[D]>5B>236B[D]>j6,214B[D]>6,5B>236B[D]>2C>236/214BC>P
14.1k, 4 Bars
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, that stuff that Heiho did to win EVO 2018? Well, we found it. :yeahboi:

It's an Invincible Active Switch (IAS), where you Cross Change to your partner on Frame 1 of your current character's move, so the timing is quite tight. Which in turn also grants the character invul. Thankfully, there are ways to get around it~.

I'll leave it here for some of you lot to look at.

BBTAG - Invincible Active Switch (IAS)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
We don't deserve this pure manly boi:

Speaking of pure bois, D.Va's friend from her animated short is a qtpie.

Turns out under the gamer gorl trash exterior is someone who's actually brave/dedicated. And she's only famous because she was the 1 MEKA pilot who didn't get physically injured during a major attack. So they just slapped her all over everything like tabloid writers on a rampage.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I didn't care much about dvas short because Symmetra deserved it more.

Is the guy dvas boyfriend, i assume he is

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Elma fans? :nifty::nifty::ultzelda::ultzelda:

Unleash a lone MikaBonk men!

Anyway! So Elma got added into Xenoblade 2 as both a boss and as a Blade. :yeahboi:
And I find that really cool, infact; her boss theme and when you encounter a unique monster, it plays "Uncontrollable" from Xenoblade Chronicles X (IF Elma's in your party). I'll admit, I would love to have "No.EX 01" play, but those are for MAJOR Boss Battles, not UNIQUE Monsters. Oh well.

It's cool that we got all three protagonists from each Xenoblade game come together.

Shulk, Elma and Rex. If you think about it, Elma's the oldest out of them all. Sitting at 29 years old, Shulk is only 18. Whereas Rex is the youngest, being 15.

Still, it's great that every Xenoblade protagonist is together. Now if we can get that to happen for Smash Bros... Ufufu...

By the way, since I don't have Fire Emblem Heroes; I've been trying out another Gacha game on the Switch called Dawn of the Breakers.
It reminds me a bit of Final Fight since it's a beat-em-up, but for some reason; each chapter of an episode is a board game. I thought it would be low budget and crap, but it's low budget and kind of fun.

Though I'll probably play a bunch more of it. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I want a Sym animation too, but Cress! Cress! found something suitable for the meantime.
I've watched this daily since it's been uploaded tbh. It's gud.
Anyway! So Elma got added into Xenoblade 2 as both a boss and as a Blade. :yeahboi:
And I find that really cool, infact; her boss theme and when you encounter a unique monster, it plays "Uncontrollable" from Xenoblade Chronicles X (IF Elma's in your party). I'll admit, I would love to have "No.EX 01" play, but those are for MAJOR Boss Battles, not UNIQUE Monsters. Oh well.
I spent almost all day yesterday using Elma and she's the most fun Blade in the game oml. She doesn't seem as overly broken as the other DLC Blades but I'm still using her just for Overdrive spam.
I'll just type up a tl;dr on Overdrive since I know there's enough people here that play the game.
-Elma can be engaged onto a CPU-controlled Driver and you can still activate Overdrive, so if you don't want to use her yourself then you don't have to. Elma does need to be engaged onto the field though.

-You can still switch Blades, make Driver, Blade, and Fusion combos, revive teammates, and do anything else you can normally do while in Overdrive (except activate Chain Attacks).

-The Overdrive timer is the white boxes in between the hit counter and the bonus list. There's 20 boxes total.

-You can refill the Overdrive timer at any time, Elma does not need to be on the field to do so. You NEED to have a full party gauge to refill, you can not do a partial refill. Refilling will restore 10 or 11 of the white boxes, so about half of the gauge. (btw I'm not saying 10 or 11 because I'm unsure, sometimes it fills 10 and sometimes it fills 11. It's prob something like 10.5 boxes then).

-The max number of hits is 999. The bonuses when you get there are x600% damage, x300% recharge, and -70% resistance.

-So basically Elma needs to just be on the field somewhere for you to activate Overdrive, and once it's activated you can swap her out and never bring her out again.

-Infinite Overdrives are fairly easy to accomplish, and you don't really even need the affinity chart upgrades to do so. 50 seconds is enough, the extra 40 you get from maxing it out is mostly just a safety net in case you get toppled or some other random jank happens.

-No you don't need to worry about making those random color combos or anything like that from X, that's thankfully all gone.

-Edit because I forgot 1 more thing: using a special that has a fixed animation (so a level 3 special at the end of a Blade combo or a level 4 special anytime) will freeze the timer during those specials. So you won't need to worry about those long animations draining your timer.
Edit 2 but I'm putting this one outside of the spoiler because a lot of people seem to have seen this already: If Elma is engaged onto a CPU and they refuse to switch to Elma, mashing R and Minus when your party gauge is full will force them to switch to her and activate Overdrive. It may be a better idea to put her on a CPU Driver instead of you then.
I think it's perfect here and works better in this game than it did in X. It isn't completely broken, but if you use it well then you will get a very nice bonus. You don't NEED to use it, but it certainly helps. And you need to work for the bonuses, instead of clicking the button and instantly speeding up all of your cooldowns by 5 times or whatever.

also corvin released and is a completely busted af light katana or somethin but idk i haven't bothered to get him yet

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ayra heard me talkin' **** about her so she broke my 4.25% pity rate for the CYL2 Banner. rip2me

As for PoGo, I've been searching for a shiny Houndour and Sunkern to no avail. Like. WTF? It's supposed to be about a 1/250 chance but I've found over 500 of them and did 10+ Sunkern Raids. I've found spoofing to be extremely awesome when using tablets instead of phones. Which I suppose makes sense since there's less location interference and less resources dedicated to being a phone. I think I'll wait for clear weather to try again at a nest.

Also, I've been watching Modern Family. I've seen about 15 minute segments when on break at my old job and thought it was good, but now I've been binging it and never realized how good it was. The whole heartwarming part that comes at the end of nearly every episode has me almost-crying every 20 minutes. At the very least I verbalize an "AAAAW" - so - like - which confuses my cat every 20 minutes so that's a plus.

I've watched this daily since it's been uploaded tbh. It's gud.
The hunTy makes da song go from gorl groove 2 gorl anThem. Truly SpecTacular.

If it's not used for a Zelda montage or Zelda guide video, I will be very upset with the gorlmunity.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I didn't care much about dvas short because Symmetra deserved it more.

Is the guy dvas boyfriend, i assume he is
yeah i wish they had chosen an interesting character for the short

symmetra is a really cool character, but she has barely any lore (tbh so does d.va tho). the vishkar thing could use some more explanation, and so that could justify her getting a short. also she can do that hard-light building thing

purely for selfish reasons, i want an ana (or widow) animated short, but i'm happy with whatever we get. i just hope the new shorts will be better than the d.va one because it was kinda bad

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Team Fortress 2 fans? :nifty::ultzelda::nifty::nifty:

So I heard that BBTAG will be getting a balance patch in September, and for those that play it; I wanna know, what are you hoping to see from that balance patch?

I'll leave my list here of what I expect/want:

Kanji Tatsumi:
+ Overall buff to Kanji's movement speed.
+ Add a hitbox on his 5B during the swing.

Weiss Schnee:
+ Allow Weiss' Glyphs to stay on the field even if she's Switched out.
+ Give her Piercing Air Step a hitbox during the first half of her move.
+ Hitbox of Glacial Torrent hits fullscreen instead of 3/4 of the screen.

Rachel Alucard:
+ Increase speed of Barrel Lotus.
Nine The Phantom:
- Make her 236C function properly (It doesn't use 1 bar despite being an EX).

Ruby Rose:
- Reduce the size of Ruby's 5B hitbox.
- Make j236X no longer autocorrect.
- Increase the size of her hurtbox on Buzzsaw and some other moves.
- Increase Startup and Ending Animation on some of her moves.

Gordeau:
- Give Grim Reaper Assist (5P) more startup.

Jin Kisaragi:
- Reduce the chip damage dealt from Resonance version of Arctic Daggers (Touga).

Yu Narukami:
- Reduce the chip damage dealt from Resonance version of Ziodyne.

Mika:
- Reduce the size of Mika's jB hitbox.

Vatista:
- Reduce the chip damage dealt from Resonance version of Lacteus Orbis.

Yang Xiao Long:
- Make her PTSD Yang from Vol. 4 onwards. :secretkpop:
- Reduce damage she deals when in Semblance.
/ Fix Nine's Trial (One of the inputs the game asks for won't register it during her trial).
/ Fix an exploit that players can get Out of Bounds in Casual Lobbies (Switch Ver. Only)
/ Yang's theme "I Burn" needs to stop when she's KO'd.
/ Improve game performance.
/ Removal of IAS (Invincible Active Switch)

I'd mention what buffs I'd like to see Azrael get, same with say Chie (Other then hitbox size increases), but honestly; I can't really think of anything else tbh.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I've gotten two regular celica's and a hinoka on this ****ing CYL banner this suckssss

:150:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
yeah i wish they had chosen an interesting character for the short

symmetra is a really cool character, but she has barely any lore (tbh so does d.va tho). the vishkar thing could use some more explanation, and so that could justify her getting a short. also she can do that hard-light building thing

purely for selfish reasons, i want an ana (or widow) animated short, but i'm happy with whatever we get. i just hope the new shorts will be better than the d.va one because it was kinda bad
I liked D.Va's, even though most people kinda figured her background was something like that anyway. D.Va was the most requested because she's:
1) a gamer gorl who was seemingly perfect (bcuz all the other one-shot characters in the game were believable :secretkpop:)
2) a waifu (ew)
3) popular tank/character overall

I love the Symmetra comic because it does so much with so little. Although as a character in the game she's only half as bad*** as she is in her comic. In her comic we learn she's has high functioning autism and her parents didn't want to deal with her. She works for a company that has an ends justify the means philosophy. She would rather seek out stealthier/more peaceful options to keep the peace. She has the skill to seek out the former and enough understanding of compassion to go for the latter.

Except in the game she is hardly stealthy (the teleporter opened up some options at least lmao) and she's not great comparatively. She feels like only 10% the bad*** she is supposed to be. They need to step up their game and balance the gorl properly. I mean, her primary fire is such garbage that it's ideal for her to just spam alt fire. That's hella awful design/balance wise. C'mon Blizz aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I would really love an animation that shows Lucio and Symmetra. They want the same thing, but Symmetra doesn't logically understand how rallying people/using emotions can make change. Nor does she understand how "feeling free" in an unpredictable world is better than feeling entrapped and safe. Lucio would be the precious boi to teach her what that all means on a basic level, at least.
How's it going Team Fortress 2 fans? :nifty::ultzelda::nifty::nifty:
How dare you bring up a ded gaem. Have some respect, gorl. :secretkpop:

I've gotten two regular celica's and a hinoka on this ****ing CYL banner this suckssss

:150:
ripperoni gorloroni

At least Celica is great defensive fodder/best score+offensive wise (for red mages) and so is Hinoka (both bow and lance lol).

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
One of the better parts of Symmetra's character is that she's also a villain and she doesn't really realize it. She has a lot of character compared to say gamer grill who eats great food (doritos) and asks if this is easy mode a lot.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I did feel like the dva short did a decent job of showing us a more serious side of the character that we don’t see at all in game, even if it boils down to her character flaw being “she’s too self dependent.”

I defs want a Sym v Lucio short or just give me Sym focus because bliz gives her about as much regard as Sakurai gives Zelda.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
One of the better parts of Symmetra's character is that she's also a villain and she doesn't really realize it. She has a lot of character compared to say gamer grill who eats great food (doritos) and asks if this is easy mode a lot.
idk if she's a villain. She believes that good will come through her actions, but more importantly, is with the team that does more good than harm... And is doing her best to ensure they don't have to do too much harm to encourage positive change.

She also doesn't kill a corrupt dude's equally corrupt henchmen. She takes the more delicate approach and just knocks them out instead of firing an instant full beam of death at them.

So she's maybe between Lawful Evil and Lawful Neutral? idk

I did feel like the dva short did a decent job of showing us a more serious side of the character that we don’t see at all in game, even if it boils down to her character flaw being “she’s too self dependent.”

I defs want a Sym v Lucio short or just give me Sym focus because bliz gives her about as much regard as Sakurai gives Zelda.
That's why Symmetra is just Indian Zelda. :secretkpop:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
im glad the zelda social is also the smashboards symmetra fanclub. :)

EDIT: Regarding the "is symmetra a villain thing" she kind of is. She is supporting a villainous corporation, but not out of malice or corruption. She genuinely believes she's doing the right thing and seems to be in the process of realizing the truth about vishkar judging solely from her comic.

But not from anything else because blizzard just forgets she exists sometimes. She didn't get anything new this summer games event at all. Not even a voiceline.

One day Symmetra, one day. :(

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Of course the lovers of a barely viable character would also love Symmetra.

:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Since OW does voicelines in groups, I assume they'll manage to get Sym's VA in for the next big event... Er, preferably Winter Wonderland since she has enough Halloween spoopy stuff. Nothing will top the "what a frightening thought/thot" line anyway.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Is the new, younger Zelda shorter/smaller than the TP version in Brawl and 4?
I hope so, that'd actually help us a bit.

I dunno what's up with the Symetra love over here. I'm a Widow main.

Last edited:
Top Bottom