• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
CELICA AND VERONICA WERE THE FEMALE WINNERS FOR CYL, THIS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME

Hector and Eph won the male side and tbh any 2 of the top 4 would've been great (although we should've gotten Alm instead of having Celica all alone again after Warriors...)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sup :nifty: enthusiasts?

Going to be doing as much work as I can for this week; since it all has be in soon. Fingers crossed on that all. :yeahboi:

Also, currently playing some Dragon Quest 8 right now. Got Angelo recruited to my party now, so I've just gone back to Farebury to get a King Slime to spawn, might even attempt to kill the Axoraptor as well if I can.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
CELICA AND VERONICA WERE THE FEMALE WINNERS FOR CYL, THIS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME

Hector and Eph won the male side and tbh any 2 of the top 4 would've been great (although we should've gotten Alm instead of having Celica all alone again after Warriors...)
RIP in pepperoni CYL Eggplant Camilla.

Veronica is the new Xander confirmed. We'll probably end up with like five alternate versions of her before normal her becomes playable.

As for the others...eh. Eirika basically just got a CYL variant, the Falchion users are all about to get Weapon forges, and Marth is pretty much guaranteed to win the inevitable CYL 3.

But let's talk about what's most important; Felicia was Top 50 of all units! Rank 28 of all Females it looks like too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Maribelle being 51st overall is really exciting to me, and I hope that means they'll add her soon. She's my favorite Awakening character, and I really want to use her in Heroes

Yuugiri only got 197th place, which is super lame. Anankos got more votes than she did wtf. All I want is a flying archer pls IS

I didn't expect Veronica to win, but I'm not complaining. She has a really good design, and I'm excited to see what they make her CYL version look like

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Plus the story seems to be leading to her eventual revolt against Surtr. Possibly by teaming up just to fight him, or maybe Bruno will finally come back and fix their mast blood or whatever

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maribelle being 51st overall is really exciting to me, and I hope that means they'll add her soon. She's my favorite Awakening character, and I really want to use her in Heroes
I'd love for Maribelle to be introduced soon. And other healers since even before 2.00, having more healers would just have been nice. Bride Lyn was the last playable healer and that was 9 months ago.

Other than Laguz, Beaststones, Nils, and other transform units ranking high, Aversa and Leif were the notable ones for me. Aversa is a no-brainer. We don't have a regularly available flying mage and she's one of three canonical flying mages. The other two being Camilla and Nichol since Malig Knights can use axes and tomes, but I think they're more associated with axes than magic unlike Aversa. Camilla can be summoned as a limited flying mage and both Aversa and Nichol would probably be GHB units, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if people would want two Aversas, a CYL and GHB one, and another, fourth Camilla if it means a chance at having a flying mage in the regular summoning pool. Leif's the last main series lord and another Thracia 776 banner would be cool. The Jugdral games are a mystery to me, so I just like seeing characters from there. Oh, and the Jugdral games have armored archers, so there's that too.

I had to check: the Brigand Boss is ranked 212 with 1,214 votes putting him between Priam and Shanna. I don't even remember fighting this dude in SoV. They better put this ******* in as the ultimate GHB unit with his own Pure Suffering difficulty mode. :p

Anyway, of the winners, I'm not sure who'd I choose assuming we can summon a freebie CYL2 unit like the first time.
Celica with the Beloved Zofia or Ladyblade would be cool, but she'd be another sword unit and likely an infantry unit since Alm and Celica don't promote into something else unlike Ephraim and Hector -- sort of. Something else that could work out would be making her a mage of another color or making her a healer with a legendary/personal staff as a reference to her ability to heal with white magic in Gaiden/SoV. Healer Celica with a legendary/personal staff would be pretty awesome.

Ephraim has Reginleif as his other personal weapon and it's effective against armored and cavalry units which would be pretty awesome. If he's his promoted self as a lance cavalry unit, then I probably won't choose him since there are a lot of lance cavalry units. If they do what they did with Eirika and give him Garm, then he's definitely going to be someone I want purely for him being an axe cavalry who hopefully will have a different stat spread from Frederick/Gunter and Titania. At this point, an axe cavalry with Cain's stats would be fine since we don't have an axe cavalry with 32/32 offenses let alone a jack of all trades stat spread like Cain's.

Hector has Wolf Beil as his other personal weapon and it'd be like Reginleif: effective damage against armored and cavalry units. Hector's always been either an infantry or armored unit. More axe infantry and armor would be cool, but if he's an axe armor, he might have trouble competing with himself since while regular Hector will probably end up having less stats than CYL2 Hector, Armads is a pretty badass weapon that could be even better when it can be refined. Hector can use swords when he's promoted in Blazing Blade and his sword's sprite is freaking massive. Maybe they could give him a version of Durandal and have Eliwood be surpassed by his son, his best friend, and his other son from another father. :p

Veronica being the mystery child she is, she's the wild card and nobody knows what she could end up as. Assuming she does becomes recruitable at a certain point in the story, she'd also be the first story character with a playable alternate self.

That's interesting. In the first CYL, the home page shows Marth, Micaiah, Ike, F!Corrin, and Lyn. I don't remember if they changed it after the voting ended, but I'm pretty sure that the home page for the second vote didn't have Ephraim, Celica, Hector, Veronica, and Marth; the four winners of CYL2 and Marth. It was just official artwork that rotated since I remember seeing Leif. Putting on my tinfoil hat here, but I wonder if the developers are hinting at Marth getting an Eirika and Ike treatment.

Just wrote down what the characters I voted for ranked.
Maribelle: 51
Python: 107
Sonya: 150
Legault: 199
Echidna: 319
Heather: 354
Ismaire: 388

Would have voted for them before the change to voting for characters I like, but are not in the game:
Lukas: 102
Cherche: 123
Mae: 163

Edit: The "A Hero Rises" voting started. It's like the CYL, so you can vote each day until the first round ends and each day until the final round ends. Here's the link: https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/referendum/.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
dd14ea20b59c3f700ff3501e75ad614d.png

IMG_5684.PNG

IMG_0007.PNG

Wallpapers if y'all gorls want any. But PLEASE VOTE FOR HECTOR in the new A Hero Rises voting

H E C T O R

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Is it wrong that i voted for Wrys on the hero rises event just so i could download the Wallpaper?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently Muramasa: The Demon Blade has arranged versions of its songs. How did I not know this? Muramasa's OST is absolutely amazing!

As for other stuff, the PC version for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age was released today and A Place Further than the Universe (Sora yori mo Tooi Basho) has become one of my favorite anime. It's getting to the point where I might give it a 10/10.

Edit: First summons are 15 orbs, so I figured why not since I have a ton of them, everyone just got 50 anniversary orbs, and I could chance a Nephenee or at least decent skill fodder. Yeah, so much for that.
4* Clair: +Def, -HP.

4* Eliwood: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Est: +HP, -Spd. She was promptly sent home.

4* Gordin: +Def, -HP.

4* Laslow: neutral.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
First summon with my 50 orbs I got my Summer Freddy, +Atk -HP too. FINALLY!!!!
Time to save up for a few months since I need all 4 Hero Fest units tbh

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I CAN FLY! I CAN FLY! *Jumps into painting* Cool.

:nifty::nifty::nifty:

Good news on the Duel Links side. I've managed to actually beat Yami & Yugi for the first time in the Tag Duel event! :yeahboi:

I just need to beat them two more times, then I'll have every reward from Dueling in the Tag Duel event. Then I can just waste my Tag Coins on the Lottery and hope to get some other URs or even some Gems. But at least it's also a good way to get EXP for any duelist you're grinding.

I already have my 2 Unity and 2 Salamandra, so hopefully I can get myself a third Unity and Salamandra before the event ends this coming Monday.

Also been making some progress on my University stuff; just need to do a few more things then I think I'm done. Fingers crossed.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Day 5:After knocking Xord into an Ether river and seemingly killing him, we head back to the surface with an elevator, which stops because as it turns out Xord is still alive but is significantly more rusty. Anyway, for some reason despite being only one level above him Xord is a complete pushover. He gives Shulk a little intel on the Monado and then passes away. Once we reach the surface we get surrounded by Mechon who is being led by 'Metal Face'. In the time since we saw him, he learned to talk. He is immune to the Monado's attacks so even with the help of the newly arrived Dunban and Dickson, we cannot do much. Shulk has a vision of him slicing Metal Face when he manages to land a small cut on him. Metal Face then retreats because the cut significantly injured him. Dunban joins the party and sets off to the top of the Bionis because a bird damaged Metal Face during the fight and Dickson says they live up there. After traversing for a small bit we have a cutscene between Shulk and Dickson about Dickson finding him in a cave where the Monado was surrounded by fellow travellers.

Day 6:We continue to adventure on until we find a shrine of some sort. According to a creature called a Nopom, we need 4 artefacts to proceed. Juju, Dickson and Otharon decide to leave us. We collect the 4 artefacts in 40 minutes (Would have been much quicker if we hadn't been attacked by a level 85 bird and a You Will Know Our Names-triggering reptile). Afterwards, we fight the Guardian of the place who kept changing from levels 28-30. We defeat it on our second try. Afterwards, it turns out the elevator is broken so we need to find another way up. Also completed a sidequest

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I pulled a -Hp +Res Sigurd today. I got the worst boon possible wtf.

OOOOOH I pulled +ATK -HP Eirika! Thanks universe!

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
now properly censored for innocent gorls like myself :^)

On the plus side she's neutral. She is a very fun unit to use but her res just makes me cringe. I'm using Fury along with her default kit and Glimmer. That means she only has 31 res for Res Ploy. Felicia now has the perfect partner at least. But Gunny's going to kill my Arena Score unless I give her Aether and a Rally 3/3.

I also managed to nab 2 L!Ikes. Except they were both -hp/+spd which is the worst nature for him as far as I'm concerned (-4 hp on a tanky unit). Merged them right away. If I get a neutral one from the vote thingy I will use him as the main one. In the mean time I'll just use my Summoner Support to fix him up. Lord DisgusTing is going to sit on the bench and Ike is going to be bffs with not-Soren. He can give Boey +6 def, +4 atk, +3 spd/res and then +4 from the spur effect from supports/owlie effect. Hueax Slayer Team go!

btw I think L!Ike is rude af because he calls the summoner odd. ****** pls you bout to catch these fists and steel toed boots with your perfect face if you keep it up.

I pulled a -Hp +Res Sigurd today. I got the worst boon possible wtf.

OOOOOH I pulled +ATK -HP Eirika! Thanks universe!
Nah that's a perfectly fine Sigurd. He has 23 res or 29 in a horse team or 35 with Close Def+horsie buffs. He's perfect for handling Dragon Emblem since none of them are fast enough to hit him x2 and he will take half dmg after applying his 29/35 res. You can give him Summoner Support to make him a ridiculous monster/fix his hp. Or use a +5hp seal. Ooooor just use him as is. He wouldn't be the first bulky think with below 40 hp (Feliciaaaaaaaaa). It's nice to have a Myrrh counter considering how obscenely powerful she can be.

Grats on that Eirika. imo she really wants +spd, but I was blessed with +atk too. Either way she's stupidly good and makes Leo look like a little *****. Bcuz he is a little *****.

2.0 dragons are ****ing broken
Not gonna lie she still looks underwhelming af, but still very viable. +def/-spd is what I'm waiting for since when all is said and done, you want idiots to run into your dragon gorls. Not run your dragon gorls into the idiots (unless they 1hko or something I guess).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I guess on the plus side she's neutral. She is a very fun unit to use but her res just makes me cringe. I'm using Fury along with her default kit and Glimmer. That means she only has 31 res for Res Ploy. Felicia now has the perfect partner at least. But Gunny's going to kill my Arena Score unless I give her Aether and a Rally 3/3.

I also managed to nab 2 L!Ikes. Except they were both -hp/+spd which is the worst nature for him as far as I'm concerned (-4 hp on a tanky unit). Merged them right away. If I get a neutral one from the vote thingy I will use him as the main one. In the mean time I'll just use my Summoner Support to fix him up. Lord DisgusTing is going to sit on the bench and Ike is going to be bffs with not-Soren. He can give Boey +6 def, +4 atk, +3 spd/res and then +4 from the spur effect from supports/owlie effect. Hueax Slayer Team go!

btw I think L!Ike is rude af because he calls the summoner odd. ****** pls you bout to catch these fists and steel toed boots with your perfect face if you keep it up.

Nah that's a perfectly fine Sigurd. He has 23 res or 29 in a horse team or 35 with Close Def+horsie buffs. He's perfect for handling Dragon Emblem since none of them are fast enough to hit him x2 and he will take half dmg after applying his 29/35 res. You can give him Summoner Support to make him a ridiculous monster/fix his hp. Or use a +5hp seal. Ooooor just use him as is. He wouldn't be the first bulky think with below 40 hp (Feliciaaaaaaaaa). It's nice to have a Myrrh counter considering how obscenely powerful she can be.

Grats on that Eirika. imo she really wants +spd, but I was blessed with +atk too. Either way she's stupidly good and makes Leo look like a little *****. Bcuz he is a little *****.

Not gonna lie she still looks underwhelming af, but still very viable. +def/-spd is what I'm waiting for since when all is said and done, you want idiots to run into your dragon gorls. Not run your dragon gorls into the idiots (unless they 1hko or something I guess).
Corrin not getting doubled is actually good because it leaves you with Aether charged for player phase, which lets you choose a different opponent to heal more HP on.

I want to run Dark Breath+ and windsweep on her, but I don’t have DC rip

But yeah, Nowi is probably the better blue manakete in most situations. I like F!Corrin’s weird stat spread better, though

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/0...xenoblade-chronicles-2-development-struggles/

I've got massive respect for Monolith Soft right now. They were short on manpower and, while that did cause the QoL and UI issues in Xenoblade 2, they were still able to deliver this amazing game. A game that was the first in the -blade series to break one million sales. There were only 40 people on the main development team. 40 people. 40!

Massive respect for Monolith Soft right now. This is why i love them. Their passion and dedication to Xenoblade is amazing.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
4chan "leaks" for Soul Calibur 6 has a switch version being announced during E3 and the version exclusives

Take with major grain of salt, even though a lot of people thought that SC6 was going to be on the switch leading up to it's initial reveal.

Xbox - Jago from Kill Instinct
Sony - Bloodborne Protagonist
Nintendo - Lucina

rip link

Also, they've announced an arranged album of Fire Emblem music, but what's really important here is the cover art.

Caeda's prf weapon's already been powercreeped and it's not even out yet.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
4chan "leaks" for Soul Calibur 6 has a switch version being announced during E3 and the version exclusives

Take with major grain of salt, even though a lot of people thought that SC6 was going to be on the switch leading up to it's initial reveal.

Nintendo - Lucina

rip link

Also, they've announced an arranged album of Fire Emblem music, but what's really important here is the cover art.

Caeda's prf weapon's already been powercreeped and it's not even out yet.
Lorde Lorde paid IS off to use Caeda for the cover art. Pls ban ha.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Nintendo - Lucina

rip link
Assuming any of this is true or happens...
Xbox: Cool, since Killer Instinct the Xbox/Microsoft fighting game and it makes it pretty easy for them to pull characters from there for guest appearances in fighting games nowadays.

Sony: Disappointed about this one. They could have used anyone else from Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, or just the Dark Soul games in general like Artorias would have been pretty badass. Other fighting games have had characters like a Halo Spartan in one of the DoA games, Monster Hunter in MvCI, the Warrior of Light in Dissidia, and I guess you could argue Corrin and Robin, but I'm not sure it really works with the Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne considering the player character doesn't really fight all that differently from the other human characters like Lady Maria could "function" like the player character, but she'd have an established character. If it were up to me I would have chosen a Final Fantasy character, Raiden from Metal Gear, Dante or KOS-MOS as a callback to them being considered as guest characters for Soul Calibur III, or bring back Kratos, but as his 2018 self.

Nintendo: Eh, she's popular, but it's going to be weird seeing Lucina look like a real person. I would have thought Link would return as a guest character or perhaps Zelda. Maybe even Shulk could work. Imagine a Soul Edge or Soul Calibur version of the Monado.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

How's everyone doing today?

Just relaxing for now, will eventually get to my University work; but just feel like chilling for now, probably catch up with Citrus and Gintama later today if I can be bothered.

Also, with the Ranks being reset in Duel Links every month; I'm now sitting in a battlefield full of KOG players (Since they got demoted to Platinum) and oh boy it was a nightmare. :secretkpop:

I'll need to find a counter to Ryoukkou which denies my backrow; will probably add a Twister in an attempt to negate it since Hazy Flame relies on backrow support.

I gotta give respect to Monolith Soft for getting a product like Xenoblade 2 out despite the lack of manpower Armagon Armagon ; kudos to them! Hopefully they'll have more morale and more manpower to pursue more games in the future.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Infernal Valter is dumb, but I finally managed to cheese it with Reinhardt and Brave Lyn

I am so ready for the 9th when Caeda gets her prf and the daily GHBs come out

I’m not sure if I should save my orbs for a Caeda banner or for the next legendary banner since Summer Corrin is basically guaranteed to be on it. Caeda isn’t limited, so I can always pull copies of her, but legendary banners are awful for getting specific units you want. Considering that’s Fjorm isn’t going to be on February’s legendary banner, I don’t even have the chance to get merges for her if I don’t get Summer Corrin. Idk I guess I should just wait and see

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Brawl is two days old today....with an added pinch of 10 years.
Bloody hell....
Although I am VERY interested in this and might watch it even if it bombs, I am curious to see how they manage to do Mario's voice. Another thing is that since Illumination is doing the movie, it makes me wonder if Nintendo are getting more comfortable with their properties, since Illumination are the creators of Minions, arguably the Jar Jar Binks of the 2010s. Seems like a questionable company to release their properties onto, but perhaps I'm being pessimistic.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
When I enter the main castle hall without knocking and Cress! Cress! 's waifu-fied Mae is visiting for the 38th time that day:

pls do not do this boey

u r married to manly ike

u must uphold ur sacred vows

mae can have soren instead

ok thnx

Infernal Valter is dumb, but I finally managed to cheese it with Reinhardt and Brave Lyn

I am so ready for the 9th when Caeda gets her prf and the daily GHBs come out

I’m not sure if I should save my orbs for a Caeda banner or for the next legendary banner since Summer Corrin is basically guaranteed to be on it. Caeda isn’t limited, so I can always pull copies of her, but legendary banners are awful for getting specific units you want. Considering that’s Fjorm isn’t going to be on February’s legendary banner, I don’t even have the chance to get merges for her if I don’t get Summer Corrin. Idk I guess I should just wait and see
I thought the upgrade was on 2/8?

And ye I'm saving my orbs too. I already was blessed with 2 L!Ikes even if their natures are meh, 1 neutral Gunnygorl, 1 +atk/-def Sanaki, and 1 4* +atk/-res Sothe. I know when to not push my luck since it's already been pushed past normal. I have 20 orbs and I'm not throwing them at anything. Even though I don't want 5*s (I guess except Sanakis or very unlikely L!Ikes/Gunnys?), I just need more Caedas, Boeys, Shannas, Sothes, Hinatas, and Tikis for the eventual +10s... Maybe Nowi too. I don't hate her per se and she is the best non-5*-locked dragon gorl. Her clothes are just too skanky tho omg gorl cover tf up.

Brawl is two days old today....with an added pinch of 10 years.
Bloody hell....

Although I am VERY interested in this and might watch it even if it bombs, I am curious to see how they manage to do Mario's voice. Another thing is that since Illumination is doing the movie, it makes me wonder if Nintendo are getting more comfortable with their properties, since Illumination are the creators of Minions, arguably the Jar Jar Binks of the 2010s. Seems like a questionable company to release their properties onto, but perhaps I'm being pessimistic.
To top it all off, in another year or two and we'll have Sma5h. :zelda: O L D :zelda:

The Mario thing was slightly surprising, but it kinda makes sense. While I severely dislike the minions and the rampant memes they're attached to, the movies themselves weren't bad. They're Disney-esque so an adult can watch it and NOT go "omfg what did I just waste my life on tho" like they would with some other children movies. So maybe Illumination was the right choice. The other obvious option would be Disney themselves but their line ups are always packed. A Mario movie wouldn't even begin production until 2019 at the earliest.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I thought the upgrade was on 2/8?

And ye I'm saving my orbs too. I already was blessed with 2 L!Ikes even if their natures are meh, 1 neutral Gunnygorl, 1 +atk/-def Sanaki, and 1 4* +atk/-res Sothe. I know when to not push my luck since it's already been pushed past normal. I have 20 orbs and I'm not throwing them at anything. Even though I don't want 5*s (I guess except Sanakis or very unlikely L!Ikes/Gunnys?), I just need more Caedas, Boeys, Shannas, Sothes, Hinatas, and Tikis for the eventual +10s... Maybe Nowi too. I don't hate her per se and she is the best non-5*-locked dragon gorl. Her clothes are just too skanky tho omg gorl cover tf up.
Yeah, that was my b. I thought it was the whole "Feb 8th @ 11pm PST" thing, but the 8th is the right date for the non-west coast gorls

Should I give up on my mage flier gorls? I love Summer Corrin and Spring Camilla, but the mage BSTs really kills my arena score. my +4 Summer Corrin has a lower BST than an unmerged Caeda (155 v 156), and +1 Spring Camilla has the same BST as an unmerged Olivia (150). I think that maybe I should just start working on a new arena core of Caeda/dragon F!Corrin/green unit (Belka?).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That was just awful. I gave up doing Sharena's quests on lunatic difficulty and did the all-infantry quest instead with regular Ike, Olivia, and Takumi and Fjorm in place of Sharena and did the Sharena quests on hard difficulty and by cheesing Arena Assault by having her enter a battle by herself against an unarmed 5* Valter. The worst part was that Sharena almost died on hard difficulty because she was off by 2-3 damage from finishing off Valter on the last turn. Couldn't have anyone else attack him since Takumi would have exploded him, Ike had Aether charged, and Olivia would have died, so I had to move everyone out and so Sharena could get a Hone Attack buff from Olivia.

5* Sharena would have worked better, but I really have no incentive to promote the Askr trio.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah, that was my b. I thought it was the whole "Feb 8th @ 11pm PST" thing, but the 8th is the right date for the non-west coast gorls

Should I give up on my mage flier gorls? I love Summer Corrin and Spring Camilla, but the mage BSTs really kills my arena score. my +4 Summer Corrin has a lower BST than an unmerged Caeda (155 v 156), and +1 Spring Camilla has the same BST as an unmerged Olivia (150). I think that maybe I should just start working on a new arena core of Caeda/dragon F!Corrin/green unit (Belka?).
1 point = 1 merge = 200 sp = A rank Summoner Support = 10 bst. Keep in mind SP is determined by how much the skill is normally worth, not the SI-SP required. It's all about scrounging for points when using ranged gorls.

High SP things like Rally 2/Aether/Close Counter/Distant Def are good options for beefing up scores, even if you won't use them/need them (that's why Distant Counter Ikes exist lmao). A refined weapon usually adds 1.5-2 points between the SP required and stats too. +10 is 12 points extra regardless of the gorl, meaning a +10 ranged gorl may as well be +5~+6 melee gorl. ofc giving a ranged gorl a S rank Summoner Support makes them like a melee gorl so there's always that too.

I think you should work on 2-gorl cores since they're easier to build and this way you can have many gorls to flex in and out. This way you can build support couplets easier. Switching to refinable tomes/bows/daggers/etc can get you 1.5-2 points from refining and building around those are more fun anyway imo.

For me my favorites are:
+1 L!Ike and +5 Close Counter Boey (ez points, ez kills)
Gunnthra and +6 Felicia (Ranged prf weapon > normal garbo, Felicia is currently like a +2 melee thanks to the 8mt Kitty Paddle atm)
+5 Nowi and +7 Ninian (You see someone that you know, and they ask you how you are, and you just have to say that you're fine, when you're not really fine, but you just can't get into it because they would never understand.)

I got a few more stronk gorls but they need partners.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
1 point = 1 merge = 200 sp = A rank Summoner Support = 10 bst. Keep in mind SP is determined by how much the skill is normally worth, not the SI-SP required. It's all about scrounging for points when using ranged gorls.

High SP things like Rally 2/Aether/Close Counter/Distant Def are good options for beefing up scores, even if you won't use them/need them (that's why Distant Counter Ikes exist lmao). A refined weapon usually adds 1.5-2 points between the SP required and stats too. +10 is 12 points extra regardless of the gorl, meaning a +10 ranged gorl may as well be +5~+6 melee gorl. ofc giving a ranged gorl a S rank Summoner Support makes them like a melee gorl so there's always that too.

I think you should work on 2-gorl cores since they're easier to build and this way you can have many gorls to flex in and out. This way you can build support couplets easier. Switching to refinable tomes/bows/daggers/etc can get you 1.5-2 points from refining and building around those are more fun anyway imo.

For me my favorites are:
+1 L!Ike and +5 Close Counter Boey (ez points, ez kills)
Gunnthra and +6 Felicia (Ranged prf weapon > normal garbo, Felicia is currently like a +2 melee thanks to the 8mt Kitty Paddle atm)
+5 Nowi and +7 Ninian (You see someone that you know, and they ask you how you are, and you just have to say that you're fine, when you're not really fine, but you just can't get into it because they would never understand.)

I got a few more stronk gorls but they need partners.
I already knew about the SP cost being factored into arena score, which is why I run 240 SP skills whenever possible

So what you’re saying is that I should use Blárowl+/Sealife Tome+ Summer Corrin and Green Egg+ Spring Camilla? I don’t have enough refining stones rn so I can’t do both right now. Does that mean I should pull for Takumi for Camilla since she can run a good CC set? Idk I’m not sure how well that’d work, especially with replacing emblem buffs with drive skills

I’ve been meaning to give Aether to Corrin and Caeda, but it has been super low priority since there are better things I can do with 20k feathers. I’ll do it eventually tho

Ty for ur help, gorl

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So what you’re saying is that I should use Blárowl+/Sealife Tome+ Summer Corrin and Green Egg+ Spring Camilla? I don’t have enough refining stones rn so I can’t do both right now. Does that mean I should pull for Takumi for Camilla since she can run a good CC set? Idk I’m not sure how well that’d work, especially with replacing emblem buffs with drive skills

I’ve been meaning to give Aether to Corrin and Caeda, but it has been super low priority since there are better things I can do with 20k feathers. I’ll do it eventually tho

Ty for ur help, gorl
Out of curiosity, what is your normal arena score, anyway?

This is how you DON'T do inputs.
I'm reasonably sure we just saw someone having a seizure and requires immediate medical attention.

That said, how do you like it so far? I'm still on the fence if I want to get it on steam.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
idk why but I felt the need to put together a really bad siggy.

I already knew about the SP cost being factored into arena score, which is why I run 240 SP skills whenever possible

Ty for ur help, gorl
I wouldn't worry about Drive Atk/Def/whatever buffs unless you have lots of fodders laying around. Drive Def is from 4* Ardyboi and Espurr Eyes McGorl has 4* Drive Spd. But Flier Buffs are so good that they shouldn't be passed up even if she and her support partner are the only fliers on a team imo.

If you can, you should give Camilla an Owl Tome +def and Close Counter, QR3, Flier stuff/Threaten stuff. She's Boey with a slight shift from bulky -> stronk. Her nature/merges will decide if she can handle Lyn or Rein effectively. Flier buffs are pretty sweet tho.

Summer Corrin on the other hand is a lot harder to build because she prefers a Blade Tome to be deadlier + more effective. You could give her Oliver's Shine and refine it for spd to give her 18 bst if you're going for top points and raw power. Sealife/Boquet/Egg/Blarwolf/etc would get her 16bst. Owlie would get her 15bst but be her best offensive option besides a Blade Tome.

goku confirmed to have higher apm than melee fox
that must be some crazy macro work or someone's going to have crippling carpal tunnel in 5 minutes. pls ban for safety concerns

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm reasonably sure we just saw someone having a seizure and requires immediate medical attention.

That said, how do you like it so far? I'm still on the fence if I want to get it on steam.
I've never gotten too into team fighters but I've been having a lot of fun with this one.
Pretty easy to pickup since basically everyone has a universal combo of whatever -> 2H -> M L 2H -> j.c. -> L L -> character specific finish, which can do around 40% of your life.
Still has tons of depth though and defence is super important, especially when you get knocked down against someone who has good oki.
Super dash also can feel a bit strong at times especially when done up close and you can't 2h it on reaction.

Only problem I have is that online lobby system has a couple issues, especially the one requiring you to be in the same lobby as a friend if you want to play matches with them for some reason.

Its also nice to be able to play an arcsys game thats not completely dead online.
Plus people are already working on modded costumes.
https://gamebanana.com/games/6246

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Out of curiosity, what is your normal arena score, anyway?
usually about 696ish is about where I fall. on water season weeks with fjorm, i can get about 700-704 on average

I wouldn't worry about Drive Atk/Def/whatever buffs unless you have lots of fodders laying around. Drive Def is from 4* Ardyboi and Espurr Eyes McGorl has 4* Drive Spd. But Flier Buffs are so good that they shouldn't be passed up even if she and her support partner are the only fliers on a team imo.

If you can, you should give Camilla an Owl Tome +def and Close Counter, QR3, Flier stuff/Threaten stuff. She's Boey with a slight shift from bulky -> stronk. Her nature/merges will decide if she can handle Lyn or Rein effectively. Flier buffs are pretty sweet tho.

Summer Corrin on the other hand is a lot harder to build because she prefers a Blade Tome to be deadlier + more effective. You could give her Oliver's Shine and refine it for spd to give her 18 bst if you're going for top points and raw power. Sealife/Boquet/Egg/Blarwolf/etc would get her 16bst. Owlie would get her 15bst but be her best offensive option besides a Blade Tome.
The thing with continuing to use Summer Corrin and Spring Camilla is that they're seasonal, so I can't really merge them reliably. I guess in April with the spring banner, we'll see how they handle the returning seasonal units, but my point is that the mage fliers aren't really available to merge most of the time. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were available all year, but they're not, so I can't really do that much while waiting between their banners to increase my arena score

i just did the calcs, and my caeda can live against reinhardt, which is really all i need. f!corrin and belka deal decently with brave lyn. belka and f!corrin are also obtainable a 3-4 stars, which means they're really easy to merge. regardless if they end up replacing summer corrin and spring camilla, i'll still invest in belka and f!corrin because i really like both of them

for belka, should i give her steady stance 3 or dc? steady stance 3 is good since def is her whole thing, but dc lets her kill archers and stuff without wasting player phase, at the expense of not tanking quite as well

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
usually about 696ish is about where I fall. on water season weeks with fjorm, i can get about 700-704 on average
Wow, that's like 50 points higher then what I get on my flier team when one of them is a bonus unit.

for belka, should i give her steady stance 3 or dc? steady stance 3 is good since def is her whole thing, but dc lets her kill archers and stuff without wasting player phase, at the expense of not tanking quite as well
Can't say I'm seeing a reason for DC here.

Belka doesn't want to be tanking magical attacks. Of the probable mages you'd be facing in that range, I doubt even if it's a blue mage you wouldn't be moving Belka out of the way of instead of letting her tank it.

That leaves daggers and archers. Except I barely see dagger users in Arena with my team scoring 50 points below yours, and Brave Lyn may as well be the entire archer class in terms of representation.

On the other hand, Steady Stance 3 helps her with her main function (being tanky af on enemy phase) against melee units, and still let's her tank archers and daggers better cause it's not like Belka's killing anyone on enemy phase anyway unless her special procs.

So...yeah. Unless your team comp of Caeda/F!Corrin/Belka requires Belka be your B!Lyn check, Steady Stance just sounds way more useful.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde
Beruka might like Close Defense more, since it'd help her deal with dragon gorls and F!Corrin should be your Bow Lyn slayer. Steady Stance can be the discount Close Defense and is easier to give up since BK was free/we could get one for 4 bucks.

tbh I gave my BK's Steady Stance to Tiki, then used 1 B!Ike to give her Reposition, Aether, and Steady Breath. 2thrifty4feh

Beruka shouldn't be dealing with ranged threats so no DC. Also DC is very hard to justify outside of Armor Emblem. Res Tank gorls would love it tho, like a +res Peri or Est or even Shanna with Berkut's Lance/hax buffs.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hit 15k in the Tempest which means Alm finally has Infantry Pulse! :colorful:
When I enter the main castle hall without knocking and Cress! Cress! 's waifu-fied Mae is visiting for the 38th time that day:

pls do not do this boey

u r married to manly ike

u must uphold ur sacred vows

mae can have soren instead

ok thnx
Why can't u let Boey have a waifu and a husbando instead of making him choose smh
Wow, that's like 50 points higher then what I get on my flier team when one of them is a bonus unit.
Uh... I'm running triple mages this arena season and I'm still hitting above 690, none of them are armored either (one of them is Mage Eirika so lol @ cav mage scores and she is also missing a C skill atm). Wot r u doin.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
101 Life Advice from a certain Witch. :nifty:

1. Concentrate your mind.
2. Mutter the spell to the Mini-Hakkero tenderly.
3. Aim at someone you don't like.
4. UNLEASH YOUR ANNIHILATION OF LOVE!

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

Just reading through some stuff for my University work, gonna try and get as much done as I can.

Currently trying to aim for a 700 Word Essay on Online Communities. Which I think should not be too difficult to reach. I'll also be providing feedback for one user as well and then adding an introduction page for a hotel and news, items about it too. Fingers crossed everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom