• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oops first post on a new page and I didn't post anything special. May as well post this now:

Antonykun Antonykun :secretkpop:
Considering we’ll most likely get RD Ike as our free hero, who wants Warding Breath? The units who would want it most (high res ranged units) can’t use inherit it, so it’s kinda in a weird spot

I guess you could use it on dragons, but most of them want the def boost of Steady Breath more

The DC weapon infantry units have pretty bad res for the most part, so idk if it’d even be worth it on them. I guess +res -spd Dorcas could it it decently? Other than that, idk
Why wouldn'y you use the free L!Ike as an easy to build/use legendary hero? Chances are Legendaries will be frequent fliers in the arena. He's not a bad user of it either. Not amazing, but not awful. Like. Srsly wut r thos stats? 43/36/25/35/24 would've made way more sense so +res could be a super boon, -hp wouldn't be a super bane, and his res would still be low enough to be in line with his home game self.

tbh the major op thing about the X Breaths = the -1 special charge when being attacked. The +4 bulk is just icing on the cake. But if you want someone who can use it without feeling like a total waste then~

Dorcas - doesn't even need a +res nature to ward off Reinhardt but +res is a super boon so w/e. Also helps with Nowi, the most used dragon gorl atm.

L!Ike - nice to have to deal with Myrrhs/Tikis/red/green magic gorls I guess. 2 turn Aethers is all that matters. Too bad Reinhardt still ez kills him so meta wise it fails. Still, op skill comes with his base kit w/e.

Ninian - +res and Warding Breath means 34 res when being attacked or 40 with DD seal. It also means 17/27 or 20/30 powered icy special attacks OOPS. rip Reinfart and dumb red/blue magic users.

And then literally any dragon gorl but F!Corrin.

Maybe Zeph if he gets DC on his weapon. 55hp + 56/46 bulk in an armor team w/ DD seal and he uses Ignis lmaoooooooooo just lie down and die. Even a +10/buffed/+atk Rein wouldn't kill him without goads/res ploy assistance.

If L!Ike wins, he's most likely going to sit in my box for a timespan of a few months to forever. I don't need him as a unit so I'll just have him around for when I need WB fodder but I also have no idea on who I should give WB to.
Make him be friends with a Close Counter gorl. They usually have lower-than-good atk so they would like that.
Besides, Ike needs really big strong arms to hold both Soren and Ranulf. So Strong Boi Ike is a necessity if you want to keep the precious bois safe.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Why wouldn'y you use the free L!Ike as an easy to build/use legendary hero?
i don't like ike and don't want to use him

43/36/25/35/24 would've made way more sense so +res could be a super boon, -hp wouldn't be a super bane
base stats don't affect super banes/boons

it happens when a growth point goes from 5->6 (super boon) or 6->5 (super bane)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
i don't like ike and don't want to use him
ok 1st of all

base stats don't affect super banes/boons

it happens when a growth point goes from 5->6 (super boon) or 6->5 (super bane)
and 2nd oh ok. That's still pretty dumb either way. IS should just make all IVs use -3/+3 regardless of growth or base stats. :T

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oops first post on a new page and I didn't post anything special. May as well post this now:

Antonykun Antonykun :secretkpop:

Why wouldn'y you use the free L!Ike as an easy to build/use legendary hero? Chances are Legendaries will be frequent fliers in the arena. He's not a bad user of it either. Not amazing, but not awful. Like. Srsly wut r thos stats? 43/36/25/35/24 would've made way more sense so +res could be a super boon, -hp wouldn't be a super bane, and his res would still be low enough to be in line with his home game self.

tbh the major op thing about the X Breaths = the -1 special charge when being attacked. The +4 bulk is just icing on the cake. But if you want someone who can use it without feeling like a total waste then~

Dorcas - doesn't even need a +res nature to ward off Reinhardt but +res is a super boon so w/e. Also helps with Nowi, the most used dragon gorl atm.

L!Ike - nice to have to deal with Myrrhs/Tikis/red/green magic gorls I guess. 2 turn Aethers is all that matters. Too bad Reinhardt still ez kills him so meta wise it fails. Still, op skill comes with his base kit w/e.

Ninian - +res and Warding Breath means 34 res when being attacked or 40 with DD seal. It also means 17/27 or 20/30 powered icy special attacks OOPS. rip Reinfart and dumb red/blue magic users.

And then literally any dragon gorl but F!Corrin.

Maybe Zeph if he gets DC on his weapon. 55hp + 56/46 bulk in an armor team w/ DD seal and he uses Ignis lmaoooooooooo just lie down and die. Even a +10/buffed/+atk Rein wouldn't kill him without goads/res ploy assistance.

Make him be friends with a Close Counter gorl. They usually have lower-than-good atk so they would like that.
Besides, Ike needs really big strong arms to hold both Soren and Ranulf. So Strong Boi Ike is a necessity if you want to keep the precious bois safe.
Wrys Army.png

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can't wait for cryptocurrency to crash so I can buy a gpu at a reasonable price.
So glad I built my computer in the fall. My friend had a terrible time trying to get a gpu for his computer.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I got worried when melee was announced as the 7th game for evo
mr wiz the troll

games announced:
tekken 7
smash4
bbtag (yang, blake are free dlc)
gg rev2
sf5
injustice
melee
dbfz

So glad I built my computer in the fall. My friend had a terrible time trying to get a gpu for his computer.
Yeah, I've been using a gtx 1050 and wanted to upgrade to a 1060 but prices have been insane for the past couple months.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I forgot Fjorm existed...
Well, the developers did keep reminding us about her existence. I mean, did you know you could get Fjorm to join you if you beat Chapter 1 of Book II? :p

At least she's not Gunnthra who I think was said to be dead last out of the Heroes characters for CYL2. Totally did not help that she was introduced out of the blue and without any story chapter despite being Fjorm's freaking sister. Vanguard Ike also not having a chapter was kind of crappy, but people know who Ike is unlike Gunnthra, the mystical lady who was at the time of release, only showed up as a series of textboxes.

If L!Ike wins, he's most likely going to sit in my box for a timespan of a few months to forever. I don't need him as a unit so I'll just have him around for when I need WB fodder but I also have no idea on who I should give WB to.
Vanguard Ike winning seemed inevitable with how they introduced him. He's a legendary hero, he can only be summoned on legendary hero banners provided he's on there since at a certain point, they're probably going to cycle him out for future legendary heroes like how Fjorm's not going to be on the next legendary hero banner; he's a red unit where reds are the most populated color, he's new, and he's Ike. Part of me feels like the voting is a sham when considering vanguard Ike. They could have just given everyone Ike and let people decide if they want another one for Warding Breath, merges, or whatever, but nope. Instead, people have to deal with trying to summon him with no guarantees you'll even get a 5* unit on his banner which lasts only 5 days or pouring votes for him, so that everyone gets him. I can't think of how to articulate this, but everyone getting vanguard Ike this way feels like it's justifying that people have to vote on if they want a legendary hero or not when most people would probably want one regardless if it they want the character, their skills, or to get more blessings. Sure, Gunnthra and whatever future story legendary hero might become recruitable, but there's no guarantees they will and if people have to vote to get a free story character, then that would really suck.

I like Ike and I prefer RD Ike over PoR Ike, but I don't like him enough and he's not as much of a priority compared to mage knight Eirika, Leo, Halloween Nowi, or winter Tharja for me purely because I want more red mages, especially non-infantry ones where armors and fliers are seasonal and cavalry is locked behind 5*-only summons. I think I'd rather have Katarina, Lilina, and Sanaki over vanguard Ike as well. At least Sanaki does something different, especially with her refined Cymbeline, along with being a red mage while vanguard Ike would literally be my +Def, -HP PoR Ike, but with more resistance, Warding Breath, Radiant Aether, and a fancier attack animation. If I used my +Res, -HP Ike, then it would be the same thing, but with more defense.

I was glad to have Ike show up on Fjorm's banner, but now I wished he showed up as something different knowing vanguard Ike will probably win and be everyone's free unit. There's not much different from +Def, -HP PoR Ike and vanguard Ike other than skills. If he was +Atk, +HP, or +Spd, then he'd be a bit different, but now, not so much. It's sort of like with Lucina and masked Marth. I'll still continue to use them, but it's just something that I've been thinking.

Anyway, Kokkoku's ending theme "Asayake to Nettaigyo" is pretty awesome. I think I just stumbled on Kokkoku on MAL. Saw its thumbnail, wondered what it was, read its description, and added it because why not since it seemed interesting. Okay, as I was typing that, I checked Kokkoku's opening and yeah, interesting. Its opening song is "Flashback" by Miyavi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLwGqQr7lrs.

And last thing, has anyone played the Lufia games? I first heard about it when I listed to the Friedrich Habetler's Epic Rock Cover of Lufia 2's battle theme which is great by the way, cover, original, and its remake version in Curse of the Sinistrals.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
At least she's not Gunnthra who I think was said to be dead last out of the Heroes characters for CYL2.
I mean, if that theory about Askr and all the Nordic mythology elements are true, it might be because Gunnthra is also, well, dead.

games announced:
tekken 7
smash4
gg rev2
sf5
injustice
melee
dbfz
I forgot that was being revealed tonight.

So eight games, and no MvCI. Can't say I'm surprised.

As for what did make it in; wasn't expecting BBTag. Does it really come out that soon? Does this mean UNIEL technically got into evo before Skullgirls?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I mean, if that theory about Askr and all the Nordic mythology elements are true, it might be because Gunnthra is also, well, dead.
Not sure about Gunnthra since I don't recall anything from her story "appearances" implying she's dead and her quotes seem normal. Fjorm's probably dead, though, considering how the summoner finds her and what Breidablik did. Eldigan's probably dead, so are Lloyd (Regal Blade and art implications) and Lyon (quotes), Sigurd's definitely dead going with what he says to you, Tailtiu is possibly close to death, what, with her dead eyes and all, maybe Michalis since apparently he does "die" in Shadow Dragon, but comes back in New Mystery, and assuming Heroes Takumi is a particular Takumi, he's probably dead or very close to it as well. Also, doesn't PA Azura and PA Shigure imply she'll die one day? In a similar vein, I guess you could say all the children's parents are dead as well like Olivia is both alive and dead at the same time to us and Inigo/Laslow. I would also not be surprised if Gunter, Jagen, and Wrys are dead too with how old they are. Oliver was said to have died once, but how can such a beautiful being not be immortal? :p

The world of Heroes being some sort of purgatory is a bit morbidly hilarious. I guess Setsuna got caught in the worst of traps: the one that kill you. She died as she lived by falling into traps. "Yay..." -- Setsuna, 2017.

Anyway, apparently Miyavi plays the guitar with a finger-slapping style. That's just wicked. Flashback's definitely growing on me. The first half is a bit weird, but I like the later half of it.

Edit: This is beautiful. A 1* Felicia infernal Valter clear.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And freaking hilarious.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT UNTIL THE UPDATE!
I've saved up on every kind of item so I have more than enough to refine Alm's Falchion. I'm so excited! I'll throw down some last minute predictions with virtually no basis on anything.
Basilikos will get some Fury-lite effect that only boosts Attack (so maybe something like 16 Mt, +6 Attack but unit takes 2 or 3 damage after combat).
Felicia's Plate will get "Tomebreaker 4", similar to "Daggerbreaker 4" on the Assassin's Bow. Yes this applies to all tome colors.
Hinoka's Naginata will get a Brave effect (basically if Amiti was a lance).
The Wing Sword will be effective against Cav and Armored units, and... -1 Special Charge? Yeah I'll go with that.
Eggsacks will get Threaten Spectrum (maybe Def will be boosted to -5 and the other 3 stats will be -4).
All Falchions will get their Renewal 2 bumped up to Renewal 3.
Marth's Falchion will get Divine Tyrfing's effect but against Dragons instead of Mages.
The Awakening Falchion will get a passive that prevents all self-inflicted damage (Fury has no recoil damage, Ardent Sacrifice doesn't lower your HP by 10 and still heals the other person, Recip. Aid doesn't drop you down to almost dead, etc.).
Alm's Falchion could get anything at all and I'd be happy with it, I'm still overjoyed that he's getting buffs at all. But if I had to go with something... an effect similar to Sinmara's but less intense (maybe 10 damage to all enemies within 2 spaces at the start of your turn?). I'm trying to work Sendscale into this somehow okay.

If I get even 1 of these somewhat right I'll be happy (not including the Falchion getting Renewal 3, that one feels a bit obvious. Wing Sword's double slayer effect too).

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sup tilt enthusiasts? :nifty:

About to work on the final stretch of my University work; just gotta do one more question for it and add some finishing touches to my website, then I'll look through it to see what can be improved. :yeahboi:

Also, I may make a new deck; since I'm getting tilted so hard by my Hazy Flame deck now. smh (Though I'll probably change some things about it)

I got worried when melee was announced as the 7th game for evo
mr wiz the troll

games announced:
tekken 7
smash4
gg rev2
sf5
injustice
melee
dbfz
I forgot that was being revealed tonight.

So eight games, and no MvCI. Can't say I'm surprised.

As for what did make it in; wasn't expecting BBTag. Does it really come out that soon? Does this mean UNIEL technically got into evo before Skullgirls?
I will admit, I'm glad that they made the remainder of RWBY Free DLC. However, I am concerned that they may eventually put a price tag over them after the game launches; but I am fine with them being Free DLC.

Though I am curious if the remaining cast will be paid DLC from the get-go or if they'll be available in the base game (Since the trailer was a bit vague on the 20 other characters). But either way, still hoping for Kokonoe.

And I'm not surprised that MvCI didn't make it in; it had a rough launch and it just died out quickly. Dragon Ball Fighterz was the final nail in the coffin for MvCI, we'll probably never see it on the big stage at EVO; most likely just a side event like the other anime fighters (Dengeki, Melty Blood and UNIEL) and Pokken.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom and Disney abandon Marvel Infinite due to poor sales.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is it better for Belka to run Guard 3 + QR3 SS or QR3 + Close Defense SS. The A-slot will be Close Defense regardless

I'm almost at 20k feathers again and want to know what to do with them

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
eliwood x ninian is more likely imo

the woman on the left looks like she has ninian's hair ornament

but it's definitely one of those two couples

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Felicia's Plate will get "Tomebreaker 4", similar to "Daggerbreaker 4" on the Assassin's Bow. Yes this applies to all tome colors.
That's actually pretty bad, tbh. Felicia is already one of the fastest characters in the game and more than likely is already doubling, what she needs is power. That's why one typically throws Poison Dagger or Kitty Paddle on her.

Edit: This is beautiful. A 1* Felicia infernal Valter clear.

The world of Heroes being some sort of purgatory is a bit morbidly hilarious. I guess Setsuna got caught in the worst of traps: the one that kill you. She died as she lived by falling into traps.
I mean, that rather depends what type of purgatory you're using. The word itself in the Western World typically brings to mind the Roman Catholic version, but it's a valid word to describe Valhalla or Folkvangr (Not to be confused with Alfonse's sword) in Norse Mythology, too.

Is it better for Belka to run Guard 3 + QR3 SS or QR3 + Close Defense SS. The A-slot will be Close Defense regardless

I'd look at it like this, assuming that this isn't meant to be a defensive team controlled by the AI:

Enemy Phase:
1) Opposing Unit attacks Belka
2) Belka counterattacks

If the unit is dead and Belka is uninjured, Guard 3 was irrelevant.
If the unit is dead and Belka is injured, Close Defense 6 would have been better.

If you're using Belka to bait a unit so another character can kill it next turn (i.e., if unit will survive counterattack), Guard 3 is useful, but only if that unit doesn't have a special attack you don't want to have to worry about (alternatively, if Infantry Pulse team builds get off the ground, Guard 3's value on someone like Belka goes way up, imo).

So there are basically four types of enemies that matter here, all Melee. Swords, Lances, Axes, and...I guess Other.

Belka, especially with Close Defense 6, can actually tank a fair bit of reds if need be. However, you have F!Corrin as a new part of your core team, and that's what she excels at so you'd never use Belka for that purpose.

A quick trip to the damage calculator shows that Belka (Slaying Axe+, +Def nature, unmerged, bonfire, QR3, etc), already kills nearly every vanilla lance and doesn't lose that much HP even against the hardest hitting of them (HP 46 -> HP 32 iirc, against Valter). So Guard 3 doesn't seem very useful on her here.

Axes don't really do much damage to her especially with the extra +6 Def, but a lot of them survive and would really hurt if they can get off a moonbow or something next turn.

Other would include Bows and Dragons. Against Bows, it's possible her def is high enough that Belka can ignore the weakness to B!Lyn and prevent B!Lyn from charging up a special when she tanks, which would be a point for Guard 3. Against Dragons, +12 RES on defense is great and may be enough to tank some of them like Nowi, which would be a point for Close Defense if it works.

So...I think I'm leaning towards Close Def, myself.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

It's hard to say. Guard will prevent gorls from dealing leldmg to her through specials. But if she's using Bonfire and Slaying Axe, she should nuke them before they use an especially damaging special on her. Perhaps double Close Def is the best route. You could always throw Guard on her for the occasional gimmick blocking if you want tho.

Valentine's Banner. Looks like it's Roy and Lilina.
It could be Ninian and Eliwood too, though Roy/Lilina are pretty much canon too. Maybe they're going with basically-canon couples for the 4 V-day banner characters, maybe even 8 characters with 2 separate banners throughout feb? I'm sure they had V-day characters ready since last year since they had 2 winter ones ready as well.

But if it is Ninny, pls be a red dancer dragon gorl so we can finally get a 2nd red dancer. Or if it's Lilina, red tome dancer gorl and her tome can be a heart box/heart shaped book omg yes pls it'd be so cute.

LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT UNTIL THE UPDATE!
I've saved up on every kind of item so I have more than enough to refine Alm's Falchion. I'm so excited! I'll throw down some last minute predictions with virtually no basis on anything.
Basilikos will get some Fury-lite effect that only boosts Attack (so maybe something like 16 Mt, +6 Attack but unit takes 2 or 3 damage after combat).
Hinoka's Naginata will get a Brave effect (basically if Amiti was a lance).
The Wing Sword will be effective against Cav and Armored units, and... -1 Special Charge? Yeah I'll go with that.
Eggsacks will get Threaten Spectrum (maybe Def will be boosted to -5 and the other 3 stats will be -4).
All Falchions will get their Renewal 2 bumped up to Renewal 3.
Marth's Falchion will get Divine Tyrfing's effect but against Dragons instead of Mages.
The Awakening Falchion will get a passive that prevents all self-inflicted damage (Fury has no recoil damage, Ardent Sacrifice doesn't lower your HP by 10 and still heals the other person, Recip. Aid doesn't drop you down to almost dead, etc.).
Alm's Falchion could get anything at all and I'd be happy with it, I'm still overjoyed that he's getting buffs at all. But if I had to go with something... an effect similar to Sinmara's but less intense (maybe 10 damage to all enemies within 2 spaces at the start of your turn?). I'm trying to work Sendscale into this somehow okay.

If I get even 1 of these somewhat right I'll be happy (not including the Falchion getting Renewal 3, that one feels a bit obvious. Wing Sword's double slayer effect too).
I'm all speculated-out after the week of waiting. At this point I am all 8 of these gorls:

I was going to put the wing sword over his crotch for Lorde Lorde 's gorl Caeda, but then realized that might be too lewd and we're mostly innocent gorls here so we wouldn't do things like that amirite. :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
MARTH IN A TUX
February 15th is a bit earlier than I was expecting so that's nice too.
That's actually pretty bad, tbh. Felicia is already one of the fastest characters in the game and more than likely is already doubling, what she needs is power. That's why one typically throws Poison Dagger or Kitty Paddle on her.
I didn't say it was good, it's just a random guess as to what IS will give it.
Plus she breaks plates, she's holding a plate and says "I'm gonna break you!" when she crits, giving her a Breaker skill is the only thing that thematically makes sense.

Edit: Since ur all so quiet, I'm gonna copypaste some of the info for the next FEW update.
New weapon skills only available in the SD DLC:
-Reverse Attack/Defense: Switches STR with DEF, and MAG with RES
-Same gender advantage: Raise damage against same gender char but lower damage against diff gender
-Different gender advantage: Reverse of above skill

New weapon skills added via update:
-Finisher Focus: Easier to deplete Stun Gauge
-Anti-Air Focus: Raises damage against juggled enemies

New Blessings:
-Strength/Magic/Skill Blessing: Raise respective stats for all party members
-Bonds Blessing: Easier for party members to raise bonds
-Swift Attack Blessing: Raise damage dealt for short time after battle started

New personal weapons:
-Caeda: Wing Spear
-Tiki: Divinestone
-Anna: Anna's Bow
-The 3 new characters get prfs too, names are unknown for now (Minerva will almost certainly get Hauteclere however)

Shadow Dragon History maps:
-Devil Mountain (Navarre)
-Princess Minerva
-Norda Market (Linde)

Personal skills for the new characters:
-Minerva: Iote's Shield-- negates effective damage
-Navarre: Solitary-- increases stats if not paired up
-Linde's skill apparently gives Awakening meter on breaking a stun gauge, at least according to Gamefaqs.

The level cap will also be raised to 130 and you'll be able to disable/skip confirmation messages in the Crest Market.
Iote's seems worth it on every flier since getting hit by a stray arrow when playing as the fliers can be a pain. Reverse Attack/Defense is interesting but it most likely won't be as helpful as it may sound.
Overall nothing sounds too busted though which is good, since the last update turned the game into a joke anyways. Maybe this update will add some missions that can't be trivialized by 720 Mt weapons with double slayer skills, being wielded by a character with a huge luck stat to abuse Luna and Lethality endlessly.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
After venturing a bit further, we discover a large forest area. We see a cutscene of a woman with a staff and two soldiers get wrecked by birds, then later the gang meets up with the unconscious woman. Shulk goes to get ether crystals for Sharla's plan to wake her up (Shoot ether into the air) and when he finds an area, he meets up with this grey haired guy named Alvin. He gives Shulk exposition on the Monado, then we get attacked by birds that Alvis labels Teleithia. Since they can read minds, Shulk's visions are useless, but Alvin unlocks a new form of the Monado that causes the Telethia to sort of... stop reading minds, I guess? We have a fight, we win, then for some reason Alvis deserts when Shulk meets Reyn. After waking up the girl with Sharla's plan, the girl turns out to be an uppity wizard named Melia. She explains that they village elder of the nearby Nopon tribe to let them through. When entering, we discover that Melia has an issue with the Telethia, explaining that they killed off her family. We decide to help her, and since the elder overheard us, he presents to us.. Riki. A Nopon who has been selected to be the hero of the tribe. In my opinion, there is a line between adorable and annoying. Riki can't stop dancing on that line. Anyway, Riki helps us with our quest to kill the Main Telethia since he owes debt to the village. We find it after getting beaten by a few level-70+-holycrapwhatisthatdoingthere beasts. As always, the beast beats us on the first attempt. I upgrade some of Amelia's arts then try again. We knock it down to half health only for it to recover due to a cutscene and so we lose again. I upgrade a level, try again, lose. After one more level up, we defeat it, closing Melia's story arc in one day. Riki gets his debts repaid (And turns out to be 40 years old, with 7 or so children, which is just WOW) and he joins our party for good. And that was another day sealed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I mean, that rather depends what type of purgatory you're using. The word itself in the Western World typically brings to mind the Roman Catholic version, but it's a valid word to describe Valhalla or Folkvangr (Not to be confused with Alfonse's sword) in Norse Mythology, too.
More of the latter and if going with Merriam Webster's second definition: "a place or state of temporary suffer or misery", then that's totally appropriate too with what we summoners put our units through.

Because why not at this point. It's not like time and time again has showed me my luck in general will be atrocious this year.
4* Frederick: +HP, -Def.

4* Jagen: +HP, -Atk.

4* Klein: +HP, -Spd. Klein's been haunting me ever since I got BH Lyn. Y'know, one of the free Brave Heroes you could choose? The time where everyone could get a free, powerful archer? Yeah... Would have been a bit nicer if other archers like Leon or a decent Gordin showed up. Oh well.

4* Matthew: +Spd, -Def.

4* Raigh: +Atk, -Def. Oh joy, a 4* version of the 3* +Atk, -Def Raigh I have sitting around.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm 99% sure Spritzee moaned when he saw Wing Sword's refinement.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
caeda's wing sword is effective against cavalry and armored gorls and the refined effect has flashing blade

PRAISE JESUS

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
They actually gave Alm Double Lion lmao

Time to kill everything I guess

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Valentine's Banner leaked

Lack of Ninian triggers me. I need Lilina though. I'll have a higher chance getting her than getting an actual date.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I've been waiting for these refinements or too long

Idk if i should sacc my one Sothe to give him LnD 3

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
**** almost all the Valentine units are gorgeous. Luckily, Lyn and Eliwood are both blue.

Except for Lilina who...looks sort of like a photoshopped head on someone else's body.

So, uh, how do I get Divine Dews again?

Everyone won in the prf weapon group. Still don't know if it's worth swapping out the BL+ on Hinoka with how I play her, but she's definitely getting the spear as an option just due to all of those utility options.

EDIT: Wait, does this make Felicia the first ranged unit with access to a Heavy Blade effect?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The refines are so good

Caeda's flashing blade is amazing, Alm got Double Lion, Felicia got the refined breath effect and +1 cd against mages, and Raven got -1 cd and L&D3 (lol), etc.

Wing sword is amazing and I'm so happy

edit:
So, uh, how do I get Divine Dews again?
literally just refine weapons and you get the equivalent amount of divine dew

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
omg V!Hector is a handsome and manly boi. IS y is his pec cleavage visible tho, this is supposed to be a pure game for innocent gorls not scandalous material omg.

also

P R E P A R E ~ T O ~ B E ~ B R O K E N
Screenshot_2018-02-07-20-01-21.png

Next Divine Dew batch goes to Angry Boi since he gets LnD3 on his axe. +8 atk/spd and -2 def/res with Fury so pls ban.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
roy is a cavalry archer and lilina is a cavalry green tome

i think someone said roy also has bow valor

i'm not really interested in these characters, so i can safely skip it

i'm interested in which skills they'll have

someone has a skill called armored boots that lets a unit get +1 move if at 100% health. not sure if it's armor locked, but it probs is since there's a helmet in the skill icon

edit: lyn is an armored blue tome and eliwood is armored lance lmao

roy has 19 base spd wtf

edit 2: someone finally has atk/spd bond

edit 3: hector still has DC and it looks like armored boots might be a sacred seal for the new tt

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Valentine's Banner leaked
-snips-
Lack of Ninian triggers me. I need Lilina though. I'll have a higher chance getting her than getting an actual date.
That's interesting... There's five characters which would make it the first seasonal banner to have five units. Hector is also the second seasonal unit after winter Chrom to carry his regular weapon.

As for the new refinements and weapons.
Marth really is the support unit. He has balanced stats and his Falchion's unique refinement buffs his allies. And then you have the opposite where Chrom, Lucina, and masked Marth have Atk/Spd/Def/Res Bond 2. I bet that's a reference to Awakening introducing the Pair Up mechanic. Chrom, Lucina, and masked Marth with their unique refined Falchions, a Bond skill of their choice, and being with their Support buddy is just going to be gross.

Alm's Falchion having Double Lion is kind of dumb, but also pretty awesome. I thought that if they would have given him Double Lion, it would have been slightly modified like -4 Atk and no follow-ups and have it pair with his default Windsweep so he could avoid getting countered and/or do something like Joshua hitting once and having Moonbow or an inherited Iceberg for enemy phase. Anyway, it's probably overkill, but Alm being able to quadruple with a unique refined Falchion seems pretty fun. I guess I really was blessed with a +Spd, -Res Alm.

Not sure how I feel about Eckesach's upgraded effect. It kind of makes sense, lore-wise, why Zephiel wouldn't target dragons, but the upgraded effect trades being able to target dragons just for 1 extra defense debuff compared to just having Threaten Def 3 as its upgraded effect. If it was -7 Def on everyone, but dragons, maybe, but I'd rather take Threaten Def 3 which targets everyone. The other thing is that I believe Zephiel does target other dragons if they're not on his, against humanity's, side in Binding Blade. I feel like refining Eckesachs would just be for its unique effect of Distant Def 3 which is good, especially if you have Distant Counter on him.

For the new weapons, Caeda's Wing Sword's main effect was expected, but Flashing Blade as its unique effect is pretty awesome, but also really annoying when the Caedas I've summon have all been -Atk or -Spd. Because of Wing Sword, she's the first non-infantry user of Flashing Blade because of the skill's restrictions.

Felicia's Plate targeting the lower of her target's defensive stat and having +1 special charge against mages for its unique refinement is pretty much everything she wanted to be the best anti-mage unit she can. The only thing I'm not too keen on is it only debuffing defense by 7. According to the FE wiki, it debuffed the enemy's strength by 3, defense by 4, and resistance by 4 in Fates. That would be a bit much in Heroes, but they could have just let it do -4 Def/Res or -4 Atk/Def. Oh well.

Hinoka's Spear is begging to be paired with Sanaki's refined Cymbeline let alone Hinoka becoming much stronger on a flier team. Three Goad Fliers and her spear would give her +16 Atk/Spd. Yeah, I really wished Sanaki had showed up and Hinoka had showed up even though she's pretty much a mystery in this game despite being on several banners. Well, I guess Hinoka will be Sanaki's Sigrun and Tanith until they show up.

Basilikos being the second legendary Killer Axe is pretty hilarious. It also makes Raven the third user of a legendary Killer Axe after Minerva and Michalis. Looking back at its stats in Blazing Blade, having L&D3 as its unique refinement makes sense. It had higher Mt and lower Wt than Armads, so the +5 Atk/Spd part of L&D3, but lower accuracy and it didn't offer +5 Def like Armads which would be like the recklessness or danger of using; the -5 Def/Res part of L&D3. Pretty awesome. I don't know if stacking L&D3 with Raven would be a good idea now that I think about it... +10 Atk/Spd, -10 Def/Res for a neutral Raven would mean 44 HP, 60 Atk, 45 Spd, 15 Def, and 12 Res. He'd hit really freaking hard and fast, but his bulk becomes 59 total or 37x2 physical and 56 total or 34x2 magical.

I think Felicia's going to be top priority for a weapon refinement with Raven trailing second-ish since I don't have much 5* greens and I do have a +Atk, -Res Raven. If a +Atk, -Def Jeorge shows up soon, he's probably going to jump up to second because refined Parthia is wicked. Alm with Double Lions looks really fun, but I do have a lot of sword units and reds, so I'm not so sure. Caeda at least is a sword flier, but I've been unlucky with Caeda so far. Chrom, Lucina, Marth, and masked Marth's Falchion refinements aren't that compelling to me and Zephiel's is good, especially the unique refinement, but I never summoned a Hector and its upgraded effect just doesn't sit right with me even though it is kind of a minor thing being unable to affect dragons. If I had Hinoka and/or Sanaki, they would have definitely shot up with the synergy their weapons offer.

Edit: The Reddit thread was either wrong or there was a typo and Res was left out of Felicia's Plate. It still does -7 Def/Res like Silver Dagger+.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
"Blush of Youth" Lilina
"Youthful Gifts" Roy
"Devoted Love" Eliwood
"Wind's Embrace" Lyn

vs

"Just Here to Fight" Hector

Never change, Hector.

That said, with Lyn and Eliwood as armors my desire for them is basically shot, regardless of how good their portraits look.

Statwise, Eliwood is super balanced (SPD/DEF/RES as 32/29/29) with the exception of a nice 38 ATK, with typical armor HP.

With a offensive spread of 31/36, Lyn is the weakest tome armor (vs 34 Tharja and 33 Henry) , but also the fastest (vs 18 Tharja and 34 Henry).

Hector putting on his dress clothes is just slightly upgraded statewise, I guess maybe to make up for being a seasonal limited version of a character in the exact same class:

Normal Hector: 52 / 36 / 24 / 37 / 19
Romeo Hector: 50 / 38 / 21 / 40 / 24

It also looks like we've got a TT with our Blushing Lilina as the Boss, an Azura+M!Corrin challenge map,

In terms of weapons, everyone but Hector gets a weapon that nullifies enemy buffs on ranged fighters during combat. Hector gets a version of armads with a buffed up Killing Edge skill, plus Wa Dao effect. If they give normal Hector the ability to upgrade, I'm...not quite sure it's worth losing QR2.

Roy definitely has Bow Valor.

The fifth unit is probably a reward during the tempest trial but...which one? Roy is another Bow Horse, plus has a Valor skill but that all seems like too much especially with how meta-changing B!Lyn was when they released her to everyone. On the other hand, Lilina is going to be the Boss Character, so it makes sense...on the other other hand, Eliwood is the odd duck out of the five of them, so it would also make sense if he was the reward so both couples can be in the gacha together.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Roy you’re so cuuuuute
Lilina you’re so adorableeeeee
Hector you’re so beefyyyyy
Lyn go away
"Blush of Youth" Lilina
"Youthful Gifts" Roy
"Devoted Love" Eliwood
"Wind's Embrace" Lyn

vs

"Just Here to Fight" Hector

Never change, Hector.

That said, with Lyn and Eliwood as armors my desire for them is basically shot, regardless of how good their portraits look.

Statwise, Eliwood is super balanced (SPD/DEF/RES as 32/29/29) with the exception of a nice 38 ATK, with typical armor HP.

With a offensive spread of 31/36, Lyn is the weakest tome armor (vs 34 Tharja and 33 Henry) , but also the fastest (vs 18 Tharja and 34 Henry).

Hector putting on his dress clothes is just slightly upgraded statewise, I guess maybe to make up for being a seasonal limited version of a character in the exact same class:

Normal Hector: 52 / 36 / 24 / 37 / 19
Romeo Hector: 50 / 38 / 21 / 40 / 24

It also looks like we've got a TT with our Blushing Lilina as the Boss, an Azura+M!Corrin challenge map,

In terms of weapons, everyone but Hector gets a weapon that nullifies enemy buffs on ranged fighters during combat. Hector gets a version of armads with a buffed up Killing Edge skill, plus Wa Dao effect. If they give normal Hector the ability to upgrade, I'm...not quite sure it's worth losing QR2.

Roy definitely has Bow Valor.

The fifth unit is probably a reward during the tempest trial but...which one? Roy is another Bow Horse, plus has a Valor skill but that all seems like too much especially with how meta-changing B!Lyn was when they released her to everyone. On the other hand, Lilina is going to be the Boss Character, so it makes sense...on the other other hand, Eliwood is the odd duck out of the five of them, so it would also make sense if he was the reward so both couples can be in the gacha together.
Lookin like Eliwood

Also Hector getting Slaying Wrath weapon sounds terrifying but it probably won’t be so bad. And with the QR seal I was thinking he could afford a different weapon now. So probably in the March update he’ll get a Divine upgrade like Divine Naga

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
roy has 19 base spd wtf
Yeah... that's a thing. His low health is going to hurt his mixed defenses. He's like +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt, but without a default Brave weapon and 5 less health for 5 more resistance.

Valentine's Lilina's 34 HP, 35 Atk, 30 Spd, 20 Def, and 26 Res gives her 145 BST. That's basically +Atk, -HP Gunnthra. Hey, at least we have more green cavalry mages of which the two new ones are limited. Yay... On the bright side, she's a green unlike her regular self, so there's a chance I can finally summon a Lilina! Please, game... Please.

Valentine's Roy's 34 HP, 35 Atk, 19 Spd, 27 Def, and 30 Res gives him 145 BST. Huh, would have figured they would give cavalry archers higher BST like with BH Lyn. Whatever. As I said, he's basically Reinhardt if he targeted defense. +Atk, -Spd V!Roy with a Brave Bow would definitely do damage, but Reinhardt exists where you can get him as a 4* unit and don't need to inherit a Brave weapon let alone Reinhardt also having access to Blarblade, Blarraven, and whatever for more Reinhardt shenanigans. +Def, -Spd V!Roy with Guard Bow+ could work, but his low health worries me.

Valentine's Eliwood's 47 HP, 38 Atk, 32 Spd, 29 Def, and 29 Res gives him 175 BST. So, Effie if she dumped bulk for speed. Sure, I guess. Winter M!Robin seems a bit safer...

Valentine's Lyn's 37 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 27 Def, and 34 Res gives her 165 BST. She's a blue, +Spd, -Atk Halloween Henry. Not much to say her. I swear if I get her. I would have summoned all the variations of Lyn before I summoned regular Lyn.

Valentine's Hector's 50 HP, 38 Atk, 21 Spd, 40 Def, and 24 Res gives him 173 BST. He's literally Hector as Buddahobo noted. I love how Valentine's Hector is slower than armored, regular Hector.

Edit: Wow, they freaking gave Valentine's Hector a variant of Armads where it has -1 special cooldown and Wrath 3. There are four axe units right now with a legendary Killer Axe.

Quick Edit: Oh ho! I just realized this. +Res, -Spd Hector could have 28 resistance if his resistance growth works that way; 27 resistance would be fine regardless. Shame he can't use Warding Breath without sacrificing his ability to counter at range, but dude would be bulky all around. Kind of funny how winter Chrom would want the opposite where +Def, -Spd would give him 39 Def and 29 Res.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah it was confirmed in the in-game message that Eliwood is the tempest reward. Awesome :D

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm hearing something about a new mode that only allows Legendary Heroes+those who have Blessings to participate. If that's true, then they better start handing out those Blessings like it's the end of the world, otherwise, that new mode is just one big middle finger to F2P-players.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah it was confirmed in the in-game message that Eliwood is the tempest reward. Awesome :D
Lance armor with 47 HP, 38 Atk, 32 Spd, 29 Def, and 29 Res. Meanwhile, Valentine's Lyn, the first blue armor mage, Hector, and Lilina.

I'm hearing something about a new mode that only allows Legendary Heroes+those who have Blessings to participate. If that's true, then they better start handing out those Blessings like it's the end of the world, otherwise, that new mode is just one big middle finger to F2P-players.
It is true? Check the notice board?

Edit: Apparently Squad Assault G was released.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah that mode is coming in the March update. Check the update notice.
They also said they would give blessings out as rewards for finishing those new training maps. I’m guessing one of each type. So that’s good.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All I ask for is a free fire blessing for Caeda because it needs to match her outfit

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Husbando Hector's title is literally "Just Here To Fight" I am dying omg.

roy is a cavalry archer and lilina is a cavalry green tome

i think someone said roy also has bow valor

i'm not really interested in these characters, so i can safely skip it

i'm interested in which skills they'll have

someone has a skill called armored boots that lets a unit get +1 move if at 100% health. not sure if it's armor locked, but it probs is since there's a helmet in the skill icon

edit: lyn is an armored blue tome and eliwood is armored lance lmao

roy has 19 base spd wtf

edit 2: someone finally has atk/spd bond

edit 3: hector still has DC and it looks like armored boots might be a sacred seal for the new tt
Ye I really want that atk/spd bond. That's what Felicia really needs more so than Fury tbh. But I probably won't pull on this banner even if Husbando Hector wants me too. Button up bara boi, it's not working on moi.

Also Roy can be a bulky bow boy instead of a glass cannon-y one. So that's different at least.

It looks like Lyn has caught Eliwood's eye-sickness just as he got over it in time for the V-Day banner tho. :^)

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Got to super saiyan rank.
Rank is kind of meaningless since you usually gain at least 6 times the points per win than per loss when facing an equal opponent. So as long as you keep playing you'll probably be climbing, even with at low winrate.
I saw some people at super saiyan rank with a winrate of like 20% lol

Seems like square color is the better way to determine rank again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Kaibaman enthusiasts? :nifty:

FINALLY finished my University assignment; so I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the week.

Also, I've been on tilt again in Duel Links; the game really doesn't want me to reach Legend. :secretkpop:
So I'll probably focus on a new deck, since Hazy Flame has been failing me.

Only problem is that I'm missing certain skills and cards. I'm missing Last Gamble for Joey (I do have a Slifer deck for him, just missing that skill). Also, Aromage is now added, but we only have about four cards for the archetype now.

We have Aromage Jasmine, Bergamot, Rosemary and Aroma Garden. Which focuses on healing and seems like it can synergise with the likes of Solemn Wishes and LP Boost skills, but it seems kind of... weak right now and inconsistent.

Hopefully we'll see some more support for Aromage and Gishki in the future for Duel Links.

Top Bottom