• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Mine is shipping now, and will hopefully arrive by Tuesday as scheduled. Can't wait to fiiiinally play Zelda :D
Splatoon 2 is exciting and I'll definitely play it. Though I had issues with the first one because I kept getting too worked up over losses, but hopefully that won't be too bad anymore. I should play with some of you gorls :dr^_^:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, apparently this was on YouTube for 6 years.

I remember seeing snippets of Final Fantasy Versus XIII's gameplay. Enough to remember that you could play as Prompto which would lead to a third-person shooter gameplay switch, that you could fight in a robot which while cool -- reminds me of FFVI's Magitek Armor -- feels like the game's doing too much, and enough to remember that Noctis's wobbly, sloppy fighting style -- at least on foot -- never changed from Versus XIII to XV. What I don't remember was watching any sort of gameplay showing Gladiolus and Ignis fighting. I do remember stuff saying Gladio would have a pilebunker and that Ignis fought with a katana instead of short swords -- let's be real, those blades he uses are way too long to be daggers -- and spears. Lo, and behold, Gladio fights with massive two-handed swords and punches enemies with his bare hands and Ignis is swinging a katana.

Some things of note is that Noctis can double jump. I don't think you can do that in XV. Also, it looks like a PS3 game. By that, I mean look at the animations; there are some subtle ones that are missing compared to in XV. For one, when the guys run, they don't have the little shifts they do to adjust for terrain. That said, there were games that had very intricate animations such as Assassin's Creed 3, inFAMOUS 1 and 2, but it's not common or a default thing like now. It's a part of the step forward per generation that I love seeing.

Another thing is that the gameplay looks much faster if weightless compared to XV's slower, but weighted feel. I kind of prefer the faster gameplay since it's Final Fantasy not Dark Souls. With Demon's / Dark Souls and Bloodborne, the weight is part of the gameplay and feel to remind you that you're human or very close to being human against eldritch abominations. So, the clunkiness works and is justified. Nioh is faster, but still you're human -- it looks more around Ninja Gaiden speed. With Final Fantasy, depending on what they're doing, though, I feel like it for an action RPG, it should be Nioh-speed at least and Kingdom Hearts-speed at most. Versus XIII looks more fluid and faster which reminds me of Advent Children which I remember the developers saying they wanted to aim for: this fast, fluid, and fantastical combat. XV looks slower and clunkier at times that it's kind of weird knowing Noctis can zip about with Warp Strike, but his and everyone's recovery animations or even startup animations are really long and stupid in the case of Cor who's a veteran soldier deciding a slow flourish for sheathing his sword is a great idea -- you are not Vergil, my friend.

The one thing I do have against it is the weightlessness which is still apparent in XV, but usually justified in that outside of Gladio and Noctis if you're using greatswords, you're basically swinging puny weapons against monsters; you're not going to stagger them. Anyway, the attacks don't look like they have impact. Granted, as an RPG and not a hack 'n' slash, you can't always have impact otherwise you could just stunlock everyone and the RPG elements would be pointless other than determining how fast you can kill something or something can kill you. It's a problem that's in other action RPGs that lean towards RPG more like FFXV, Darksiders 2 at times where heavy weapons don't have enough stun or damage compared to the really high DPS you can do with scythes and light weapons, and The Witcher 2 and 3. Some games solve this by making the combat very slow or very simple such as Bloodborne, Dark Cloud, and Demon's / Dark Souls -- I think FF Type-0 might count. That is not to say these games are any easier because of their slower or "simple" gameplay.

Alternatively, some games approach this by making the playable characters equally as fast as or even faster than their enemies. Bloodborne, Demon's / Dark Souls -- anyone see a pattern here? --, Dragon's Dogma, Nioh, and I want to say Nier: Automata purely because Platinum Games is involved. I don't mean they're superhuman, but in terms of recovery, movement, etc. you're usually quick enough that it doesn't feel like any action you take has a skewed consequence against you. What do I mean? Well, when I see FFXV's combat sometimes, I wonder why it's taking so long for Noctis and his friends to recover to continue attacking again, dodge, or do something else. It's like attack, attack, attack, beat, and then move, attack, etc. This is all happening while the enemies look like they're moving at a running pace while Noctis and his bros are jogging at best.

The other part is purely presentation. For example, Versus XIII's hit sounds are really weak. They lack the sound of impact that XV has. Or another example: BotW. I've seen finalized combat of it and it still looks as weak as it did in previous presentations. Sucks since I loved the impact Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword had.

Also, none of this isn't limited to just action RPGs. In some games, you literally need to spam dodge moves to even move or survive like in Darksiders 1 where War was dreadfully slow for travel -- could have fixed this with a sprint button --, but fine for combat which is even more hilarious when Death, his supposedly more agile brother, is slow while moving too and can't spam dodges unless he wants to end up with a "finishing" dodge with more recovery; or in The Witcher 2 and 3. Pirouette and roll your way to victory, Geralt... Man, you look ridiculous. And, like BotW, DmC: Devil May Cry's hit sounds are really sad compared to DMC4's. Impact animations are great and so are some of the voice clips, but the sound of DmC's Rebellion cleaving through demons pales in comparison to DMC's Rebellion. Or as I've mentioned before way back, DoA's hits lack the oomph of Tekken's.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
For once I'd like to hear a new upbeat song for FNAF. Only to have something different.

tbh the switch game i'm most excited for is splatoon 2

i never played the first one, and now that overwatch has sparked my interest in the fps genre, i really want to try it out

i hope some of you gorls get it when it releases, so we can play together
I want dat Splatoon 2. I didn't touch 1, just "watched" the story part on Youtube to get the jist. Calie and Marie are OP and they need to be banned, though. I'm not buying The Switch until Splatoon 2 comes out. So this way I get Zelder + Splatoon 2 and have more stuff to play. By the time I'm done Zelders I can just play Splatoon obsessively like I do with Overwatch because that sounds like something new and fun for me to try. Theeeeeeen FE Warriorzzzzzzzz get hype gooooooooooooorlllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz. I hope it has some sort of PvP just for the hell of it. Dynasty Warrior games are very funny, but the lack of "connectivity" always bothered me...

But I only played the XBox360 Dynasty Warriors/Hyrule, so IDK what their most up to date installment plays like.

I'm sure @Cress knows, tho. :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Very important BotW updates:
1: Opening a treasure chest that's laying down sideways crashes the game (at least on Wii U). This game sure is top quality.
2: Link sass snaps in a cutscene so any and all complaints about the game are null.

Edit: Lil Puddin Lil Puddin It depends on the game but online co-op or PVP is common in modern Warriors games. But usually just 1 or the other. And then there's the case of PW3 where every version except the PC version had online connectivity for some reason, so I could see the Switch version having online but not the 3DS one. But since it's another Nintendo Warriors game, it may not have online at all (even though Orochi 3 on Wii U had PVP BUUUTTTTTT LET'S IGNORE THAT)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Very important BotW updates:
1: Opening a treasure chest that's laying down sideways crashes the game (at least on Wii U). This game sure is top quality.
2: Link sass snaps in a cutscene so any and all complaints about the game are null.

Edit: Lil Puddin Lil Puddin It depends on the game but online co-op or PVP is common in modern Warriors games. But usually just 1 or the other. And then there's the case of PW3 where every version except the PC version had online connectivity for some reason, so I could see the Switch version having online but not the 3DS one. But since it's another Nintendo Warriors game, it may not have online at all (even though Orochi 3 on Wii U had PVP BUUUTTTTTT LET'S IGNORE THAT)
Why does Nintendo always have the weirdest glitches like this

Other examples: Skyward Sword's storyline randomly locking up at a certain point. Or saving in Lumiose City corrupting data

Like other games have the odd NPC glitch or physics bug. But Nintendo's bugs always break something really badly lol

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I remember there was a glitch in Twilight Princess where you save in the cannon room under the Kakariko Sanctuary, and if you reload your save it breaks your game because Shad disappears, but when you try to warp the cannon out Midna acts like he's still there, and you also can't leave the room for some reason.

Apparently this was fixed in later versions of the game, whereas I had my copy since the Wii launch date.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got my results back today, which are the exact same score as I got on my previous assignment. Which I will admit, I am disappointed with, but oh well. I'll just need to work harder to get a better score on this one and the next. Fingers crossed.

So I'll be working on my designs and getting everything else together.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
btw Cress! Cress!

that isn't a glitch, botw wii u can literally crash at a moments notice from getting too overwhelmed

if the switch version didn't exist i don't think the game would be getting reviews nearly as high as it's gotten, lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm about to take my drivers test and i am veeeery nervous. I know I can do it but I'm just nervous gaaah
Wish me luck gorls :dr-_-:

Edit: WELL
I did one thing wrong and he failed me right there on the spot. Great, what a great way to make me feel like a waste of time and energy :emptysheep:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I decided to check on the Shoryuken Wiki because I was bored. And I found some funny troll posts. :secretkpop:

MvC2 Roll:
Advanced Strategy: Pick someone else.

KOF98 Iori:
STOP USING SWEEP

KOF2k2UM K':
*Picture of him with Vuvuzela for the 2010 World Cup*

MvC2 Storm:
OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!

Shame that most of the posts on that site for older games are left dead.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm super late on learning it exists, but I accidentally discovered how to shield surf in BotW, and now my in-game productivity dropped like 80%. So, if someone didn't know it was possible, IT IS. Give it a try if you haven't.

Also, I really like the ninja outfit (especially the hairstyle). I'm dyeing it pink ASAP. Assuming the sass snap comment above is true, my Link will be almost Zelda-level fabulous.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i just beat the conquest endgame chapter

that was painful

the only units that survived were corrin and marx (and technically nyx, but i never actually used her)

now on to revelations

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
i just beat the conquest endgame chapter

that was painful

the only units that survived were corrin and marx (and techinically nyx, but i never actually used her)

now on to revelations
You've reminded me that I still need to beat all three stories of Fates. Haven't even started on Conquest and Revelations, almost at the end of Birthright though.

When I do eventually get to Revelations, I'll still marry Rhajat as :4corrinf:. :V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
You've reminded me that I still need to beat all three stories of Fates. Haven't even started on Conquest and Revelations, almost at the end of Birthright though.

When I do eventually get to Revelations, I'll still marry Rhajat as :4corrinf:. :V
I liked Birthright's story a lot, even if the royal family was kinda annoying (aside from Ryouma bc he's gr8)

Conquest was a lot of fun. I thought it was quite difficult (although I am pretty new to Fire Emblem), and I really liked most of the characters. Elise is too cute, Odin is bae, and Marx is my second husbando (after Odin ofc)

Rhajat is gross and you should be ashamed of wanting to marry her

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Randomized Fates makes the game so much better tbh.

I'd link to my old imgur album but I might get banneT since it has swears. I'll just post a few pics, this was from a while ago.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I liked Birthright's story a lot, even if the royal family was kinda annoying (aside from Ryouma bc he's gr8)

Conquest was a lot of fun. I thought it was quite difficult (although I am pretty new to Fire Emblem), and I really liked most of the characters. Elise is too cute, Odin is bae, and Marx is my second husbando (after Odin ofc)

Rhajat is gross and you should be ashamed of wanting to marry her
Birthright's was the lighter story while Conquest was the darker one. Which was probably done on purpose...

Anyway, the Conquest family was more likable as a whole. The other family was like "omg lost brudder/sistur returns! we luv u even tho (SPOILER) happened!" And ofc Takumi gets hate because he's the one character who actually acts like how the rest of them should be acting, albeit in a more tsundere way because Hoshido is Japan so ofc there's tsunderes. But Camilla is Yandere... That explains why she gets along with the Hoshidans at the end of both stories. She's part Hoshidan in personality alone. Ooooops.

Fates brings all of them together in a nicer way. Even if it required for poorly placed plot points for that to even happen.

Also Rhajat is pretty great as a character and unit (especially with the Witch DLC). She's Tharja 2.0, with a reason for actually being Tharja-like. Though she also has more to her than just HECKIN HEXS HECKLIN ALL AROUND Y'ALLLLLLLLL. So that's nice.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Birthright's was the lighter story while Conquest was the darker one. Which was probably done on purpose...

Anyway, the Conquest family was more likable as a whole. The other family was like "omg lost brudder/sistur returns! we luv u even tho (SPOILER) happened!" And ofc Takumi gets hate because he's the one character who actually acts like how the rest of them should be acting, albeit in a more tsundere way because Hoshido is Japan so ofc there's tsunderes. But Camilla is Yandere... That explains why she gets along with the Hoshidans at the end of both stories. She's part Hoshidan in personality alone. Ooooops.

Fates brings all of them together in a nicer way. Even if it required for poorly placed plot points for that to even happen.

Also Rhajat is pretty great as a character and unit (especially with the Witch DLC). She's Tharja 2.0, with a reason for actually being Tharja-like. Though she also has more to her than just HECKIN HEXS HECKLIN ALL AROUND Y'ALLLLLLLLL. So that's nice.
idk birthright's story had some pretty hard-hitting moments. i may have cried at a certain part (i'm sure you can guess which one)

conquest's story was okay. i thought it was funny how the game basically said, "you chose the wrong path, now tons of innocent people are dead because of you. feel bad about it."

hoshidan royal family was really lame. hinoka literally had 0 personality aside from loving her long lost sibling. sakura was cute, but also was bland. ryouma was the best of the bunch. takumi was annoying and full of angst and
it felt great to murder takumi in conquest

i really like the nohrian royal family. elise is too precious, marx is bae (i married him in conquest), leon is cool, and camilla is the perfect yandere gorl.

i didn't really use any of the children in birthright/conquest because i didn't care enough, but i just don't like rhajat's whole "tharja clone" thing. tharja is lame and overhyped

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I watched Rashomon. I did not like it. That is all. Then again, I don't like drama films to begin with -- watched Rashomon for a course I'm taking. Welp, so far, that's 2/3 films in this course I did not like: Gojira and Rashomon. Maybe Grave of the Fireflies can stop this. At least I liked Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto and that's a book we're not supposed to read until 3? weeks later. Finished it a month ago.

hinoka literally had 0 personality aside from loving her long lost sibling.
That reminds me, apparently, Kagero was supposed to be your older sister in Birthright, but Hinoka replaced her later in development -- drafts or during development. That probably explains why Hinoka is said to be pretty much irrelevant compared to every other Hoshido and Nohr sibling. I would not be surprised if she was more irrelevant than Hinata -- yeah, I love picking on him. I don't know if there's a source on it, but if it's true, then Hoshido's big sister got screwed by poor planning.

Adding stuff late into development should not be done if it's something major, especially story related. From what the game design instructor and the articles he linked about story writing and stuff, it pisses off everyone and makes whoever suggested the idea a complete asshole. Why? You'd not only have to create new assets, but remove, change, and redo other assets. The planned scripts or worse, finished cutscenes of Kagero as your sister? Take all of that out -- potentially weeks or even months of work thrown out the window -- and try to add in Hinoka somehow. The character development of your big sister for Birthright? RIP that unless you want to delay the game, overwork people even more, and/or go over budget.

Edits and revisions are fine, inconsequential and small additions are fine, but should be done cautiously. Even redoing artwork is still iffy since if it's a character redraft or replacement that's still redoing a ton of work. So, if it was just replace Kagero with Hinoka, that's still a ton of work and a question of what happens to Kagero? Throw her and the work done on her out? Reusing her assets to create something new is great, but the original problem of an unexpected change is still there. Kagero or perhaps Hinoka being rewritten is a result of of the decision to change a major character, the Hoshido older sister, from one person to another.

Please note: I have not played Fates, but I've been spoiled on some things of my own volition. Yay, watching videos of character supports in Fates -- that is pretty much what got me into Awakening -- and TV Tropes. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU NEED TO BE PRODUCTIVE.
Here's the thing, I love Hinoka's design. I don't know what it's about her, but she just checks everything for a awesome-looking character. I think it's the red hair. Ditto on Kagero being cool. Anyway, problem is that Hinoka was wasted. Anything that could have been done to make her remotely relevant or even interesting as a character was probably impossible to do if she had to replace Kagero as the Hoshido older sister.

If Kagero was basically the same as she is now, then you would have an older sister with questionable artistic tastes and talents, who had an ex-boyfriend who is her older brother's retainer, potentially is gay with her BFF, and is comically serious. As a unit, ground unit to Camilla's air unit. Plot-wise, would probably have some impact given that she was basically finished and planned for the role. Hinoka can be boiled down to looks like a tomboy, acts like a tomboy, apparently was not a tomboy when she was young, and "I trained to be a Sky Knight to save my kidnapped sibling". Okay... So, besides really basic and clichéd tropes of a tomboy and how they became or were tomboys, you're basically Kjelle and Sully, but without Kjelle's love of armor and weapons, dislike of weakness, insecurity, and trauma or Sully's desire to prove women are on equal footing as men, looking up to Cain from Shadow Dragon, and much rougher personality. In other words, you have nothing else defining you other than you love your sibling, Corrin. Pickle boy seems more interesting right now. That conspicuously suit of armor standing in the Shepherds' formation has more personality than you. As a unit, the other flying class and a white vs. black contrast that Hoshido and Nohr does by default. Really? Plot-wise, could have had impact, but assuming this is true, being added late and as a replacement for whoever was planned as the Hoshido older sister reduces her chances of being impacting without serious work or black magic. And so, you are remembered for one thing, you're a Hinocopter.

If Hinoka really was added late into development, drafting or otherwise, and knowing the outcome, it would probably would have been better if she wasn't the Hoshido older sister and Kagero was. She looks cool and that alone can get characters noticed even if they're not that important. Or better yet, being written well can make plot-irrelevant characters beloved. Combine the two and you have an amazing character. Kagero as she is now, would at least have personality and quirks. That only really thing added is that she'd be a princess. For Hinoka, if she were a regular unit, she might be remembered if she was recruited early and she might have had a better chance of being more defined as the developers wouldn't have had to redo stuff to make her a Hoshido princess. They could have just made her the badass Sky Knight and that would be fine. Or something else. I don't know, maybe they could have made it so Hinoka's family owns the hot springs or she comes from a line of ninja, but failed spectacularly and became one of the best Sky Knights or is becoming one which could be used to make her an early recruit with questionable stat distribution, but normal growths for a Sky Knight. Pretty much a what could have been or maybe a what should have been.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

So UMvC3 has come out on Steam. And tons of people are enjoying it, good for them. :yeahboi:

And someone already made a mod for the game. Where they swapped Sentinel's model for Arthur's. :V

IMG_20170307_145949_1488898842144.jpg
IMG_20170307_145913.jpg

Also decided to buy an accessory set that has a protective case/screen protector etc just to be on the safe side. I had a choice between this and a Mario one but chose this in the end as blue is my favourite colour

I know it's probably a bit early for this, but if anyone wants my nintendo switch friend code it's: SW-3485-7322-1522
I wonder if Smashboards will add a section where you can put your Nintendo Switch friend code like it does with NNID and 3DS Friend Code.
@Warchamp7 will something like this be added in the future?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
View attachment 126812 View attachment 126811
Also decided to buy an accessory set that has a protective case/screen protector etc just to be on the safe side. I had a choice between this and a Mario one but chose this in the end as blue is my favourite colour

I know it's probably a bit early for this, but if anyone wants my nintendo switch friend code it's: SW-3485-7322-1522
I wonder if Smashboards will add a section where you can put your Nintendo Switch friend code like it does with NNID and 3DS Friend Code.
I got myself a Switch as well. Lemme get my code up too.

SW-6259-6075-5508

Incase anyone who has a Switch wants to add me.

Also, I was bored and randomly browsed the UMvC3 Community Discussion threads (Since you'll find nothing but bad and troll posts on Discussion Threads outside of ones by Admins/Moderators/Employees of a company). And I found two threads about refunding.

One was refunding because the fact the game only uses three buttons (Four if you count S as the Launcher). And another reason is just... so dumb, the person is refunding because veterans and top level UMvC3 players have gone onto the PC version to play; and he hates the fact he constantly got bodied so he refunded. :secretkpop:

Two words boy. Get gud. I'd post exactly what he said, but I feel like I've said enough. :3

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
My Switch will be delivered today! I'll post my Switch Code as well when I get it :dr^_^:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm about to take my drivers test and i am veeeery nervous. I know I can do it but I'm just nervous gaaah
Wish me luck gorls :dr-_-:

Edit: WELL
I did one thing wrong and he failed me right there on the spot. Great, what a great way to make me feel like a waste of time and energy :emptysheep:
If it makes you feel any better, I failed my drivers test the first time I took it too.

The guy didn't like that I opened my side window and stuck my head out to look before parallel parking because he chose a stupid place to do it instead of looking out of my back window.

it felt feels great to murder takumi
FTFY.

Routine Takumi murdering has been medically proven to cure depression.

That reminds me, apparently, Kagero was supposed to be your older sister in Birthright, but Hinoka replaced her later in development -- drafts or during development. That probably explains why Hinoka is said to be pretty much irrelevant compared to every other Hoshido and Nohr sibling. I would not be surprised if she was more irrelevant than Hinata -- yeah, I love picking on him. I don't know if there's a source on it, but if it's true, then Hoshido's big sister got screwed by poor planning.
Wait, seriously?

That would have been so much better. Kagero is basically the best written character in Birthright between her support history with Saizo and Orochi. That would have given Birthright two good siblings, as opposed to 1 Marysue Lobsterman, two card board cut outs, and Taco Meat.

I mean, Sakura and Hinoka comes off better when talking to Azura, and Hinoka x Silas S support was a wonderful ending, but that's basically it.

I'd put that up there with how much they underutilized the servant characters (Felicia, Gunter, Flora, Jakob) in biggest Fates story mistakes.

idk birthright's story had some pretty hard-hitting moments. i may have cried at a certain part (i'm sure you can guess which one)

conquest's story was okay. i thought it was funny how the game basically said, "you chose the wrong path, now tons of innocent people are dead because of you. feel bad about it."
To be fair, in Birthright a huge amount of people die too; it's just not really mentioned because you and Ryoma are completely unapologetic while bonding over Nohrian Genocide.

I kind of feel like if Corrin didn't exist, Leo would have been the main character. The plot just sort of...revolves around him in weird ways when you think about it, and his siblings act as better foils for him than with their Birthright counterparts.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
View attachment 126812 View attachment 126811

I'm so glad Nintendo is sticking to long random numbers for sharing. I hate convenience.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
If it makes you feel any better, I failed my drivers test the first time I took it too.

The guy didn't like that I opened my side window and stuck my head out to look before parallel parking because he chose a stupid place to do it instead of looking out of my back window.
I forgot that to do a turnabout, you had to back into the street, then drive out. I panicked in the moment and drove into the street, intending to back out and turn around. He failed me immediately, and made me drive back. So after my mom took half a day off, spent half an hour practicing parallel parking, and waited an hour and a half for him to actually test me, he failed me within 2 minutes. Needless to say, i was a little upset.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I forgot that to do a turnabout, you had to back into the street, then drive out. I panicked in the moment and drove into the street, intending to back out and turn around. He failed me immediately, and made me drive back. So after my mom took half a day off, spent half an hour practicing parallel parking, and waited an hour and a half for him to actually test me, he failed me within 2 minutes. Needless to say, i was a little upset.
I failed mine too and it is very upsetting. Because you know you can drive, but the nerves all hit you and make you dumb. I'm sorry that it happened to you, but it'll be a fun story to share with the tons of other people you'll come across who also failed the test.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm actually secretly terrified of doing anything to progress getting my license, so these failure stories are actually helping me

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So uh, I just did a random round of summoning in Heroes.
Screenshot_2017-03-07-13-11-26.png

BOTH SPARKLY BLUE TOME SIBLINGS IN 1 ROUND????
idc if they suck I'm really happy about this. Also I can finally achieve my dream of 4 5-star blue units on a team yayayayayay.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm actually secretly terrified of doing anything to progress getting my license, so these failure stories are actually helping me
I was on a one way street and didn't even notice. I turned left out of the right lane! I was so happy with how it was going and then the tester had me go back to the DMV and she was like, "yeah, you failed." She had to explain it to me because I didn't realize I had even done it. So just look for one way streets and practice parallel parking and you'll be fine. Driving is pretty easy.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
If I do get the chance, I might try get Digimon Adventure Tri on DVD.

Since I wanna rewatch it dubbed. Plus, Kyle Hebert who voices Ryu in Street Fighter voices Greymon.

Tai: Greymon! Can I digivolve you?
Greymon: SHORYUKEN!

Also, I'm happy that they're using the original OST for the series instead of a custom OST for the English Dub. :yeahboi:
Oh, and Tai and Agumon have their original VAs back for Tri.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
SO HOW BOUT DEM ANA NERFS??? Whatevs I guess.

BTW ToBinge is da bess.

So uh, I just did a random round of summoning in Heroes.
View attachment 126816
BOTH SPARKLY BLUE TOME SIBLINGS IN 1 ROUND????
idc if they suck I'm really happy about this. Also I can finally achieve my dream of 4 5-star blue units on a team yayayayayay.

Tho for realsie, are they good units? If not, I won't bother with that summoning roster and will try the Princess one instead for a chance at Elise.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ana nerfs were totally deserved and I support them 100%

Hopefully Blizzard implements the nerfs on console, even though tons of people are saying that she doesn't need to be nerfed there (which is a lie)

I would assume Blizzard would nerf her regardless of platform, but you never knowq

Edit: lead game designer confirmed that Sombra's hacked health packs will have an icon so your team can see where they are in the next PTR update

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

Hopefully Blizzard implements the nerfs on console, even though tons of people are saying that she doesn't need to be nerfed there (which is a lie)

I would assume Blizzard would nerf her regardless of platform, but you never knowq
Ana mains be like:
upload_2017-3-7_23-51-5.png

And us gorls be like:
:disco:
:happysheep:
And Puddin be like:
:secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait, seriously?

That would have been so much better. Kagero is basically the best written character in Birthright between her support history with Saizo and Orochi. That would have given Birthright two good siblings, as opposed to 1 Marysue Lobsterman, two card board cut outs, and Taco Meat.

I mean, Sakura and Hinoka comes off better when talking to Azura, and Hinoka x Silas S support was a wonderful ending, but that's basically it.

I'd put that up there with how much they underutilized the servant characters (Felicia, Gunter, Flora, Jakob) in biggest Fates story mistakes.
According to what people have found from the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Book, yes.
Serenes Forest has a thread about Fates trivia and it sources it from TV Tropes which has no source: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/61734-interesting-unused-content-trivia-in-fates/. That said, some of the users I think dug into the game's files. For example, Takumi might have originally been called Takuma who reminds me of Mr. Karate considering his abilities in Heroes and notoriety in both Fates and Heroes.

I don't know how his fireball works, but it's like this invisible palm strike. I have no idea what the hell you're supposed to do against that other than pray you were holding back to block it when he does that move. Ditto on Benimaru's lightning strike from the sky that starts above you.

Anyway, GameFAQs also has threads about this: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/72973366, one of which links to someone who translated the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Book on Tumblr: http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/post/134931464083/and-more-interesting-bit-of-fates-plot-and-the. Reminds me of reading French interviews on Izumi Tsubaki, the creator of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and someone translating. I can read French well enough, but I digress. So, yeah, assuming the translation is correct, then the original draft by Shin Kibayashi for Fates did not have Hinoka at all. I don't think she was even a random unit or a retainer. She just did not exist plot-wise.

What's interesting is that Hoshido was supposed to have only 3 siblings. I'm guessing it was Ryoma and Takumi who I remember were supposed to be based on lions -- Ryoma's lobster mane -- and probably Sakura. As the draft was altered -- let's say before Hinoka was created --, the developers, Intelligent Systems, might have thought it was unfair that Hoshido had 3 siblings while Nohr had 4. Kagero was probably added by request and by Kibayashi who is said to be responsible for the all the siblings, their characters and roles, at that point.

Hinoka's trivia section on her entry on the Fire Emblem wikia states that according to the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Book, the artist, Yusuke Kozaki, drew her first before Camilla. I have no idea if he was just drafting character designs and he drew Hinoka for some reason before Nohr sister Camilla, however, Hinoka did inspire Camilla's design to be the opposite where Hinoka was a tomboy while Camilla was more "feminine" and "plot-heavy". :p

Anyway, right below it, it's stated that Hinoka as a character and as the Hoshido older sister never existed in Kibayashi's original draft for Fates. Page: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hinoka#Trivia.

Neither of Kagero's entries -- wiki and wikia -- list anything about her originally being the Hoshido older sister and I don't know -- haven't checked -- if either Fire Emblem wikis have a beta section. I'm pretty sure one of the Zelda wikis and Final Fantasy wikis have entries about beta or early development of some of the games. Damn sure Metal Gear has one at least for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance when it was originally Metal Gear Rising.

TV Tropes and the Serenes Forest thread which cited TV Tropes stated that Kozaki liked Hinoka's design and requested she not only be put into the game, but as a Hoshido sibling who at that point, might have been Kagero. The weird thing is that in the thread, it's mentioned that Kagero looks suspiciously like Queen Mikoto. The siblings in general have weird hair color, except for Nohr where it's only Camilla and I think that's explained by Garon having multiple wives, but Sumeragi, before meeting Corrin's mom, only has one wife, right? Then why do his kids have hair colors ranging from dark brunette, dirty blond, red, and pink? Was his wife a rainbow or something? It's mentioned that Takumi was supposed to be a redhead like Sakura and later, Hinoka, so maybe his first wife was a redhead. Even without Kagero or Hinoka, that would make sense. Ryoma takes after his dad and Sakura and Takumi take after their mom. With Kagero, then father's hair while Hinoka would be mother's. Add in Corrin's hair supposed to be black by default, Kagero supposedly being the original Hoshido older sister, and Kagero looking like Mikoto and I have this weird idea that Kagero could have been Corrin's actual blood-related sister.

TL;DR: Basically, there's evidence, if a little shaky, that Hinoka was not part of original plot of Fates. Drafts are expected to change like how Kibayashi planned a Jagen with a green someone in Fates. Both Jagen and that someone were planned to be killed off no matter what you do in their games, but Intelligent Systems decided against it; for Jagen, it was them deciding against their own idea and for that someone, against Kibayashi's idea. That said, Hinoka was a part of character drafting where she was stated to have been drafted before Camilla and inspired Camilla's design. Kagero? No idea. When she was made, nobody knows. I would not be surprised if she was made first assuming that if she was planned before after the first or whatever edit of Kibayashi's draft because she was a plot character before being reassigned.

Ultimately, because of revisions and how game development can be, Hoshido's older sister, whoever she was supposed to be, planned or otherwise, could not reach her full potential whether it's being an interesting and beloved character or an important, plot-impacting character. And frankly, as one of the main characters and one of my favorites design-wise, it's such a waste. It's one thing for someone like Hinata, a purely gameplay character who may or may not have an interesting story through his supports, to just be there. It's another thing to have someone like say, Basilio, Greil, Tiki, or worse, Chrom, Ike, Lucina, Marth, and Roy -- Y'know, the main heroes of their game? -- to have absolutely no impact to the plot.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Edit: lead game designer confirmed that Sombra's hacked health packs will have an icon so your team can see where they are in the next PTR update
Good changes all around. All Sombra needs to feel truly viable would be a slightly tighter spread... Though 160DPS is still pretty bad, but with Stealth they don't want to make it TOO easy to gank someone. All changes in the right direction.

Now were dat Mercy utility E ability? Gimme dat now, Papa Jeff and Mama Geoff.

Ana mains be like:
View attachment 126849
And us gorls be like:
:disco:
:happysheep:
And Puddin be like:
:secretkpop:
Very.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Voting gauntlet is neat. Get to use other people's units. I got to use M!Corrin -- thanks, Burgundy Burgundy ! -- and a random's 5* Kagero -- damn, her Poison Dagger is strong against infantry. Was surprised at first since I forgot you were going to use other people's characters and your leading character. Catria did fine. Helped that it was against 2 reds and a Kagero who killed Kagero.

Oh... I have Gaius as my defense leader and representative. I am sorry if he caused anyone trouble. Might want to switch back to Selena... Also, I chose poorly; I chose to support Sharena and Lucina has 2 million and some points to Sharena's 800k and some points. Should have picked Elise...

Last edited:
Top Bottom