• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

He just...apologized

You could say 'coo' instead of "This wasn't about the stupid bbq sauce!!!1!?"

That's...kind of how you mend a relationship after just having a fight with someone.

But anyways you said let's stop this discussion so I'll just step away from this issue and move on and you don't need to bring it up again.

A bit late but Rickster Rickster where did you hear the Eevee name trick in pogo only works once? I'm just curious because I still see people using it when I'm sure already done it once before.

I was just going to suppose the server was being cruel and unusual. Supposedly after you name the Eevee, it's safer to wait a while before evolving it so that the server correctly receives the nickname info. That...still doesn't exactly explain why mine all became Jolteons when the first had been named Rainer for like, a month.

I mean in the end it turned out fine. I did have one more pretty good stat Eevee (15,9,15 IVs, the Jolteons having 15,11,15 / 15,9,15 iirc) and I got THAT one to become Vaporeon (albeit, it had aqua tail not Hydro pump, but I don't really mind that at this point) I just have to expend a bunch of resources since it had half the CP of the other two. :213:
O

I was just going off of information I read about when the trick was first discovered. Evan's explanation is probably right then

In that case I'm finally going to have a Jolteon and Flareon :D

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
He just...apologized

You could say 'coo' instead of "This wasn't about the stupid bbq sauce!!!1!?"

That's...kind of how you mend a relationship after just having a fight with someone.

But anyways you said let's stop this discussion so I'll just step away from this issue and move on and you don't need to bring it up again.
Hey, I accept his apology. And I'm sorry for my behavior as well.

I won't stay here and post regularly about anything and avoid any deep discussion (like 90% of the people here oh damn totally serious) and instead post memes and my awful videos

I hope everyone is okay with that. If anyone wants me to f*ck off, tell me do so. :132:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

This new trailer for Yooka-Laylee is so charming. <3

Also, you run into Shovel Knight in the game. He's going places. :yeahboi:
First Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Indivisible and now Yooka-Laylee! I hope to hear a remix by Grant Kirkhope of Strike the Earth in Yooka-Laylee.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Quick question.

Should I watch Assassination Classroom? From watching the 1st OP of the Second Season, I'm getting more intrigued by it.

Only thing I know of it is that the class is run by a teacher who will destroy the moon in a year if he isn't killed by his students, so he gives them a year to try and kill him while he educates them with normal activities like English, Japanese, Maths, Science, etc.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Quick question.

Should I watch Assassination Classroom? From watching the 1st OP of the Second Season, I'm getting more intrigued by it.

Only thing I know of it is that the class is run by a teacher who will destroy the moon in a year if he isn't killed by his students, so he gives them a year to try and kill him while he educates them with normal activities like English, Japanese, Maths, Science, etc.
That sounds insanely interesting.
Who animates the show?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

This new trailer for Yooka-Laylee is so charming. <3

Also, you run into Shovel Knight in the game. He's going places. :yeahboi:
First Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Indivisible and now Yooka-Laylee! I hope to hear a remix by Grant Kirkhope of Strike the Earth in Yooka-Laylee.
Shovel Knight really became the new symbol of indie games didn't he? lol

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Shovel Knight really became the new symbol of indie games didn't he? lol
I think he deserves it tbh. Since before it was often characters like Commander from Bit.Trip.Runner and Meat Boy for example that were seen as popular indie mascots. But Shovel Knight? Nah man. He escalated from indie mascot to face of indie games. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Speaking of Skullgirls. I remember that French Bread (The creators of the Melty Blood fighting game) did some art of Filia in the Under Night in-Birth art style of both a portrait for her and a sprite of her victory animation. It would be cool if she did get added as a guest character like Akatsuki and Sion, but the updated version of UNiB only added one character which was not her.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
About Assassination Classroom, the moon is already destroyed and the monster is threatening with doing the same to the Earth. He is the one who asked the government to be put in front of a class, and the students would try to kill him.
The manga is already finished and the anime is a very fine adaptation of it.
:196:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
About Assassination Classroom, the moon is already destroyed and the monster is threatening with doing the same to the Earth. He is the one who asked the government to be put in front of a class, and the students would try to kill him.
The manga is already finished and the anime is a very fine adaptation of it.
Thanks for the correction on that. I did hear a few things like how the feels do get pretty heavy during it later on. I'll need to check it out myself.

But I have to thank the Second season OP for getting me interested in it.

(Video might not play in some Countries because it's Funimation. :V)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Pendulum is secretly Macchiato a Zelda player that did amazingly well in a Zelda vs Pikachu crew battle. Everyone here assumed that Pendulum was actually Macchi and then Macchi got so annoyed that she left this social forever.
I'll be back here once some "specific" gorls get into a freak accident or like die, but until then my hang-out spot is BJ's lit profile page

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
if you seriously want me to die because i said something mean to you months ago, then you need to seek professional help because you have some huge issues that need to be resolved

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Thanks for the correction on that. I did hear a few things like how the feels do get pretty heavy during it later on. I'll need to check it out myself.

But I have to thank the Second season OP for getting me interested in it.

(Video might not play in some Countries because it's Funimation. :V)
I found it interesting. Not stellar but with a nice pace and with a very good collection of characters (sadly, a big majority of them went mostly undeveloped, including my 2D waifu).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
... I really want to know what those mini-cucumber things are called -- if they're not actually just mini-cucumbers -- that are sold at Indian groceries.

Also, Google image search had this in its results for "anime cucumber" -- which itself is NSFW because... sea cucumbers -- with the animated search tool on.

Thanks, Google, I didn't know cucumbers could be associated with a fight scene from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Go! Motoko! Beat up Cucumber-san! He's just a weak vegetable!!!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Just got back from seeing the Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses concert.

It was really good.

Also, due to various circumstances the conductor didn't go into, the merchandise truck never made it so they didn't have anything to sell. Instead, he said we could go purchase the stuff online with the special code "Philadelphia" for free Shipping&Handling as an apology.

So if anyone wants to get some Symphony merch for the same amount you'd be spending in person or so, have at it.

... I really want to know what those mini-cucumber things are called -- if they're not actually just mini-cucumbers -- that are sold at Indian groceries.
Tindora?

http://obsbite.blogspot.com/2010/05/know-your-vegetables-tindora.html

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Went to my second smash tourney today. Felt much more comfortable than last week. Managed to win a round and knock out a cloud user. Felt good lol

Still need to practice more offline. Was messing up dthrow to upair confirms, which I normally can land online. (but playing online messed up my timing)

Everyone is always surprised when I land any combo with zelda. "Zelda has dthrow to upair kill?!"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Keep telling them it's a true combo and DI'ing in front of her maybe gets them a chance to escape.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Went to my second smash tourney today. Felt much more comfortable than last week. Managed to win a round and knock out a cloud user. Felt good lol

Still need to practice more offline. Was messing up dthrow to upair confirms, which I normally can land online. (but playing online messed up my timing)

Everyone is always surprised when I land any combo with zelda. "Zelda has dthrow to upair kill?!"
Of course Zelda has combos
U-Tilt to U-Tilt :secretkpop:
I'll be back here once some "specific" gorls get into a freak accident or like die, but until then my hang-out spot is BJ's lit profile page
Even if that was a joke, I think it's best to treat you as bat**** crazy...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda does have some combos and a good throw game, she's not completely hopeless like some people think. But she's not good either once people learn how to fight her. Brawl Zelda started 19 tier list places higher than she ended iirc. SSB4 Zelda is kind of like that too except she came after Brawl Zelda so no one fell for her scrub slayer design. IMO while she has a good defensive game she lacks any real pressure if opponents don't rush into her web. She's largely unsafe with her options. I feel like she was designed for doubles and wifi with moves like Din's that seem hopeless in offline 1vs1s.

SSB4 tier lists aren't about who's godlike and who's terrible like Brawl but rather who's better than who. The only characters I'm confident placing below Zelda are Ganon, Jigglypuff and Mii Sword Fighter. Her overall tournament record is terrible too.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Zelda has an amazing grab game (Up Throw being her only bad one) and a fantastic OOS with plenty of kill power.
Outside of Up B she can still kill easily. She also is very good at damage racking.
She fails at everything else unfortunately.
I consider her better than Ganon, Jigglypuff and Mii Swordfighter.
She's around Zards level IMO.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Having my brunch right now. I also checked the GF of Glitch 2.

It was a pretty good GF for Singles. Pink Fresh vs. Mr. E where Mr. E won it.
I did check out Doubles as well. Mr. E FINALLY used Lucina in GF, but lost anyways with his partner who uses Lucas. Lost to False and Tweek who were using Sheik ( :c ) and Cloud.

Low Tier Singles I didn't fully check. But Tweek won with Bowser Jr. against John Numbers, however John Numbers won Customs which was pretty funny. And don't get me started on the Amiibo Tournament which was just pure hilarity.

They got all the matches up on the VGBC YouTube channel now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm not entirely confident Ganon is worse than Zelda.
He has very exploitable traits and an abysmal disadvantage state, but his neutral is to be respected and any hit from him can get things going downhill for you.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely confident Ganon is worse than Zelda.
He has very exploitable traits and an abysmal disadvantage state, but his neutral is to be respected and any hit from him can get things going downhill for you.
Zelda has a better grab game, recovery and OOS options.
There's also the fact that all of her sweetspotted aerials can kill basically the same as Ganon's.
She's also much more mobile in the air while being slightly faster on ground.

Top Bottom