• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finally decided on my new avatar.

I've never even played Bayoneta(the game or character), but their artist really overachieved with their Smash art. It's ridiculously good. Heck, I'd probably go give that game a shot just for it if it weren't for the fact that I still live with my parents. I don't want my mom to be seeing my play a game with that protagonist, though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, a certain amount of chub can actually be really good for you. Of course, obesity is still a huge problem, but you don't want to be super skinny either. What our society views as most attractive isn't exactly what's healthiest, so just because you don't look like a model or an anime character in a bikini or speedo doesn't mean you need to be freaking out. Women in particular are especially expected to be skinnier than they really need to be.

I'll admit I probably need to lose some fat myself though. Don't think I'm just trying to make excuses for my own weight.

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
For losing weight it's important to take it slow, which is what the opposite of what society will want of you. Losing weight quickly just results in a metabolism shift that makes you gain the weight back. Also, the above poster is right. If you want to lose weight, it should be for improving your health, not because people want you to. Also, if you've gained weight because of depression, I would definitely try to work on resolving that first.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So my Pokemon go just decided that my two near-perfect IV 660s CP Eevees that I named "Rainer" with the express purpose of hopefully being useful Vaporeons should both evolve into ****ing Jolteons for no reason. BOTH OF THEM.

Man what the hex pogo...

I mean, the silver lining is that now I have both optimal movesets for Jolteon with 1300s CP that can take down the local hordes of Vaporeon and Gyrados, but I'm still hella mad.
The Eevee name trick only works once iirc
Oh dude free is like my favorite word
If you ever play League make sure to use Lux because she's like the best champ ever

Edit: This is gold

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Nightly backup strikes again :glare:)

More like check-MEI-te. ;)
I realized after looking up Mei for reference that this has been done a billion times but here's Mei without her coats:

I tried to make her as realistic as possible.

Why have you been depressed man?
My uncle died and then my mom got breast cancer.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna be checking the finale of Ace Attorney and Handa-kun today and I caught myself against the wall yesterday, so I got a bandage on the left side of my hip, it's nothing too serious so I'll be fine.

Also, we gonna raid the Lucina social again? :secretkpop:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I joined the Zelda Discord

Am I a bad person now
You traiTor

Also somethin weird just happened
I was playing Legends, doing a Network Mission on the Twilight map, and I unlocked a piece of My Fairy Clothing o-o
Normally when a Network Mission shows up, you can't unlock any of the rewards from the mission that's usually on that square..
Weird but I'll take it
I don't even remember breaking any brown pots :drshrug:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm never forgiving Blizzard for changing my "piece of cake" voiceline for Mercy

It was glorious, and now it's not even worth using

Rip

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've now finished Ace Attorney and Handa-kun today. Might as well give my thoughts on them both. :V

This anime was just awful. It was bad, really bad. Getting a Guilty verdict won't help at all Wright. :V

The main story follows the first two games of the Ace Attorney series (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Justice For All). Now if you've played the games before, you'll know exactly how each case goes, but there were some changes that were presented in the show; such as them skipping the first episode in the second game where Wright has to defend Maggey Byrde while he has amnesia and in the final episode of Case 2-4, Gumshoe instead of having just a bandage around his head, his own body is covered in bandages.

While I am happy that they TRIED to stay close to the original source material, it feels clunky, rushed and not as exciting to find out who truly did it. But I will admit it did get a smile from me once in a while and a slight chuckle every now and then.

Animation was done by A-1 Pictures and it clearly shows the budget was a mess. Many scenes have characters with poor proportions, especially with the faces. The animation during the very first few episodes was choppy and messy which was especially seen in the first OP of the show, it was just... really bad, potentially Musashi Gundoh levels of bad, there were even times where a character's mouth didn't even move at all when they were speaking.

When the anime was announced, I was really hoping that Studio BONES was going to be working on it, since they did work on My Hero Academia, Soul Eater and even one of the ONAs for Kid Icarus Uprising.

Here is an animated gif of a scene from the anime by A-1 Pictures:

While I can't find a gif of any of the anime cutscenes from Dual Destinies, here is the opening cutscene of the game by BONES:

The only thing I liked about the Ace Attorney anime was the 1st ED, that was just a very nice and pretty ending animation; all of those colours and pastels were very pleasing to the eye.

The music was pretty much forgettable and bland, nothing much to write home about and the Opening music while is kind of catchy, is not memorable at all, same goes with the Ending music as well. I will say however, the voice acting was pretty decent, Phoenix Wright is voiced by Atsushi Abe. The same VA who played Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan and even voiced Kokonotsu in Dagashi Kashi. Maya was played by Aoi Yuki who did the voices of Platinum in Blazblue and Tatsumaki in One Punch Man.

I honestly think this show was the worst anime of the Summer season. It was just really bad, the only reasons I could think of enjoying this would be just for a barrel of laughs; it might be so bad it's good. But who knows. If there will ever be a new season of Ace Attorney that focuses on Trials and Tribulations, please let it be done by a more competent studio.

Ace Attorney is really bad. If you're a die hard fan of Ace Attorney, maybe give it a go? But for those who plan on jumping into the series. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOW!

Ace Attorney gets 1 :4zelda: out of 5. Not worth your time at all.

Now as someone who watched Barakamon, I was hoping for something REALLY good just like that show since Handa-kun is a prequel to Barakamon. However, I was disappointed since I had my expectations set way too high, but that didn't mean I hated it. Infact, I quite enjoyed it there were a few times it was hit and miss, but other than that, I liked it a bit.

Now the main plot of Handa-kun is that it follows Handa's everyday life in school, thinking he is the target of abuse and bullying because of how he was spoken to by his friend Kawafuji back in Middle School. It has a recurring theme every part of each episode, introduces a new character, presents the new scenario and Handa unintentionally wins them over. Be it getting them back into school, helping them overcome a certain fear, or even serious incidents like preventing them from jumping off the balcony of the school. I will admit, the formula does end up getting stale eventually, but I do like some of the characters in the show that are interesting. (Librarian girl is best girl)

Animation was done by a different company, as Barakamon was worked on by Kinema Citrus. Handa-kun was worked on by Diomedéa, the animation is very simple and basic most of the time. But when they do want to use some more of that budget; they'll be willing to use a bit more on more dynamic stuff or when moments require it. One example is during a scene where one of the students in Handa's class was going to jump, which cuts to a musical number of her singing about a rubber/eraser Handa gave her and she refuses to use. It's more crazy than depressing. The show is rather colourful as well, sticking with mostly basic backgrounds, showing most attention to detail on the cast and what is more important.

Here is the Opening of the anime back when the first few episodes were airing:

The music is again rather forgetful, but it does its job. You got some electric guitar in some parts, and acoustic and flutes another scene; each trying to show off what is going on, while they do get the job done, they aren't that memorable or leave an impact... UNLIKE the opening. The opening song The LIBERTY by Fo'X Tails is just REALLY out of place. And I love it, it makes it sound like Handa is having huge trouble with his time at school, it's misleading but it leaves such a big impression on me that I love it. Maybe best anime OP of the season for me. The ending theme HIDE-AND-SEEK by Kenichi Suzumura is more relaxed but has a nice rhythm to it which I like, that guitar in the ED feels rather peaceful to hear.

The actors do their jobs as well too. I do like Handa's VA quite a bit, though I have to admit; he is the only one that left a more memorable role to me than the rest, he was voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki who also voiced Haru in Free! and Makoto in Ore Monogatari!!. Everyone else was good, but they are often forgotten imo, except for the one girl nicknamed ERASER in the later half of the show, god damn is that girl insane.

It's a nice and enjoyable experience. It takes it slow and while the comedy is hit and miss, it was nice and enjoyable; plus it helped cleanse that awful taste of the Ace Attorney anime.

Handa-kun was a good show, animation was fine, music was forgettable except the OP which is just amazingly misleading. Characters are interesting as well. It was an alright show, if I can be bothered; I'll try and watch it again dubbed.

Handa-kun gets 3.5 :4zelda:s out of 5. It was a nice show and enjoyable too.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I don't quite get it
It's my typical response to questions of that sort.

If one commits an act that they don't know is bad or good, then the answer would be better found in the circumstances and choices that led up to that singular dubious action as opposed to placing an overemphasis on said one single action.

Or, to put it another way:

Q: Am I a bad person now?
A: That depends, were you a bad person already?

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
It's my typical response to questions of that sort.

If one commits an act that they don't know is bad or good, then the answer would be better found in the circumstances and choices that led up to that singular dubious action as opposed to placing an overemphasis on said one single action.

Or, to put it another way:

Q: Am I a bad person now?
A: That depends, were you a bad person already?
Can you please pass the shovel, I need to be as deep as you to understand.

This is Smashboards, no need to use big words to look smart.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Can you please pass the shovel, I need to be as deep as you to understand.
*shrugs*

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question.

No one wants to be a Lois.

This is Smashboards, no need to use big words to look smart.
I apologize for not having the vocabulary of a five year old. Could you tell me which of those big words I should look into dumbing down for you next time?

Was it "circumstances"? That's four whole syllables.

Last edited:
I apologize for not having the vocabulary of a five year old. Could you tell me which of those scary big words I should look into dumbing down for you next time?

Was it "circumstances"? That's four whole syllables.
o no I don't think it was the words themselves that got him. Hmmmmm.....

o here we go!
It's my typical r-sponse to qu-stions of that sort.

If one commits an act that th-y don't know is bad or good, th-n th- answ-r would b- b-tt-r found in the circumstanc-s and choic-s that l-d up to that singular dubious action as oppos-d to placing an ov-r-mphasis on said one singl- action.

Or, to put it anoth-r way:

Q: Am I a bad p-rson now?
A: That d-p-nds, w-r- you a bad p-rson alr-ady?
now it's r-adabl- :^)

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
You asked a question, then Buddha explained his response then you iamverysmarted him.

Is that how discussions work? I've never had one.
once, as in, a while ago

le e meme

oh wait, l* * m*m*

*shrugs*

I apologize for not having the vocabulary of a five year old.
You say you don't have the vocabulary of a five year old yet you actually write down stuff like *shrugs* in almost any discussion.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
once, as in, a while ago

le e meme

oh wait, l* * m*m*

You say you don't have the vocabulary of a five year old yet you actually write down stuff like *shrugs* in almost any discussion.
If you hate it here so much why do you keep coming?

Unless you just like to argue constantly.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I kind of feel like playing Sonic Riders again. That was such a fun racing game.

Even completed it and got up to 1,000,000 Rings as well. Since there was not much to do other than beating my best time in Metal City with the Air Board that gives you insane levels of speed when Boosting.

This thread was never good to begin with
Not sure if you'd care but if you keep this up, I wouldn't be surprised if BJN (or Ismar or Kyo or Reser--) infracted you

Avoid making a problem/argument out of everything you read. It makes it hard for people to converse with you

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Really? Point to another one.

And I'm still waiting to know what big words were giving you so much trouble there, btw.
"Point to another one" look at any other argument you were a part of and go to the part where someone points out a flaw in your reasoning. You start a reply with *shrugs* like some high-end edgelord.

And I never said anything gave me trouble, I understood what you meant. What I meant was that you could have worded it in a simpler way since you're on a forum primarilly aimed at younger audiences, judging by experience.
Not sure if you'd care but if you keep this up, I wouldn't be surprised if BJN (or Ismar or Kyo or Reser--) infracted you

Avoid making a problem/argument out of everything you read. It makes it hard for people to converse with you
If I was such a problem I should have received one long ago imo, go for it. Most forums would've temporarily banned me for my behaviour by now too.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I can't infract people for having a negative viewpoint of this thread that aren't actually flaming, (that is true red tyranny) but since I mod this place and care a lot about it know that you're also saying I was never good to begin with if you think that about this board or thread.

That's why I have pretty defined feelings about people who trash talk us on discord. Right now you're only sounding just like them to me Elder. And I won't respect that. The only difference which I can actually respect is that you can say it to my (and this thread's) face.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
"Point to another one" look at any other argument you were a part of and go to the part where someone points out a flaw in your reasoning. You start a reply with *shrugs* like some high-end edgelord.
Then it should be relatively simple for you to find one, yes?

And I never said anything gave me trouble, I understood what you meant. What I meant was that you could have worded it in a simpler way since you're on a forum primarilly aimed at younger audiences, judging by experience.
And which words would you say were too high grade? I do science outreach programs at my current city's science museum and explain what I do in my lab to kids; as such, I have a vested interest in having you point out specific examples, as I didn't say anything I wouldn't / haven't used there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom