• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rion

Smash Journeyman
God, I played a metric ton of Smash today. Lots of fun, lots of experimentation.

Best thing is I'm really learning to make Dthrow > Uair reliable, even when they DI properly because I've learned the timing for the dashjump. I seem to get it pretty often, so I'm very happy about that, as I can actually kill properly from throws now if I read DI properly.

Part of making it MUCH easier was changing L to jump and c-stick to attack. I honestly wish I had done this much earlier, as I also find I leave myself much less open by keeping C-stick as attacks (as I have a tendency to use the c-stick a lot). The only problem is I have a bit of problems doing Dsmash on command very quickly haha, but a worthwhile tradeoff regardless.

Some silly highlights inc.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, I tried using tilt stick for Bayo, but it didn't work out too well when I would randomly dtilt at the ledge or try to punish people in Witch Time with utilt

Tilt stick is probably better overall, but old habits are hard to break

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I tried using tilt stick for Bayo, but it didn't work out too well when I would randomly dtilt at the ledge or try to punish people in Witch Time with utilt

Honestly I was the same. But now that I've gotten used to it, I don't think I'd turn back!

Plus it makes doing Dthrow>Uair a bazillion times less annoying.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Netplay me? :^)
My computer runs Melee like a potato you don't want that done to yourself fam
Best thing is I'm really learning to make Dthrow > Uair reliable, even when they DI properly because I've learned the timing for the dashjump. I seem to get it pretty often, so I'm very happy about that, as I can actually kill properly from throws now if I read DI properly.
Don't need to read it when you can get it via reactions without rage

Tilt stick is objectively better because full aerial control = KREY

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Shoulder button for jump and tilt stick is the way to go.
Easy oos options and rising uairs instead of jc usmash are worth the trouble.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tilt stick is objectively better because full aerial control = KREY
iirc you can just flick the stick instead of holding it when set to smash, and it works the same as tilt stick

it's dumb that sm4sh got about 1.5 years of patch support and the c-stick was never fixed

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
It's

HAPPENING

I can't get that phrase out of my head now that evmaxy54 evmaxy54 said it.

Bonus: It's HAPPENING- Falling Nair version.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's

HAPPENING

The Sassening, coming to a theater near you in Fall of 2016.
Mario Ded.png

I couldn't be bothered to work with Cloud's hair so the Mario hat had to do. Also, rated SSS for Super Sparkly Sass.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to note that with some minor testing, that a dashstep also seems to help with connecting Dtilt > Uair if you hit the opponent from farther range.

Like for Dthrow > Uair, the small dash can make up the distance needed for Uair to connect after a farther ranged Dtilt.

Granted, it seems to have a bit of a small % window, and the execution is probably about as tight as Dthrow > Dash > Uair, but it's possible!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just ask Ed about Dtilt>Uair. He gets like 90% of his kills that way.

he's actually convinced the commentators in his area that Zelda has a godly Dtilt lol

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I changed the title of the video so ya'll can chill :^)
What the hell?
Nairo, now Dabuz.
This really is a fantastc social.
By the way, why EXACTLY were you testing out Bunny Hood combos?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Played a bit more Monster Hunter Generations, slayed a Yian Kut-ku today and still got a bunch more 3 Rank Quests to do before I can proceed with the Urgent Quest to reach 4 Rank Quests. Some of them being "Capture a Daimyo Hermitaur" and "Get 1,000 Wyacademy Points". Shouldn't be too hard, just need to make sure I do not kill the Daimyo Hermitaur.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I don't think tilt stick will help nunchaku players like myself cause I have aerial control 90% of the time, the other 10% is Sakurai reminding me I can't escape his rules forever lol

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
It's

HAPPENING

iirc you can just flick the stick instead of holding it when set to smash, and it works the same as tilt stick

it's dumb that sm4sh got about 1.5 years of patch support and the c-stick was never fixed
still you need to be frame perfect with it all the time & who is LOL

Plus no C-stick Nair which is godlike

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Pretty surprised to see Roy in the Low Tier. Especially after seeing how good he was before.

Dude, Cloud can force approaches, has Incredible Mobility, all of his aerials are Safe on Shield and he has the best frame data of any other swordsfighter in the game. How is he not that good?

In 2 days, this tier list will be extremely inaccurate LOL. But it already kinda is.
This post got a warning.
This site is actually scary

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
i bet it was for a double post smashboards mods hate double posts with a burning passion
Hopefully. I suspect it might be "Trolling" because he stated an opinion. He also spoke the truth that the Tier List makers didn't like (It was going to be outdated in 2 days), that's a problem.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hopefully. I suspect it might be "Trolling" because he stated an opinion. He also spoke the truth that the Tier List makers didn't like (It was going to be outdated in 2 days), that's a problem.
i mean even the tier list makers themselves knew it was going to be outdated in 2 days so no, it's just for double posting

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I mean, even if 97% of all Double Posts are unintentional, it's still a fairly bad thing to do.
If there wasn't a warning for it, SmashBoards would be spammed the heck out of.
Legends speak of an unholy ritual known as triple posting, said to open a portal to hell itself.

Quadruple posting is how you get ants. Only jerks want that.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If it wasn't a double post it was likely strict modding.

Odd, it happened on a news article comment section I was expecting the CCI

As it was "edited by a moderator" then perhaps there may have been something inflammatory edited out.

Legends speak of an unholy ritual known as triple posting, said to open a portal to hell itself.

Quadruple posting is how you get ants. Only jerks want that.
...LOL

But the legend is true. Not even the greaT Fujin has triple posted as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
New Pokemon footage everyone! :yeahboi:

We got three new Pokemon, Z-Moves for Pikachu and Eevee, Pokemon Refresh and character customization as well.

The new Pokemon are Passimian, Oranguru and Lycanroc (Midday and Midnight Forms).
Passimian is a pure Fighting type with the ability Receiver.
What Receiver does is in Doubles, if its ally Pokemon faints; it'll gain its ability. This seems like it can be VERY useful in VGC.

Oranguru is a Normal/Psyhic type with the abilities Inner Focus and Telepathy.
It has an exclusive move called Instruct where it can make its ally perform the move it just used again in the same turn... that seems REALLY good to be honest.

Lycanroc is a pure Rock type and its Midday form has Keen Eye and Sand Rush as its abilities. Whereas Midnight form has Keen Eye and Vital Spirit. Midday Form gets the move Accelerock which is a priority move just like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed.

Pikachu's Z-Move is called Catastropika. However, Eevee's is the one that has me interested. Eevee's is called Extreme Evoboost, where it gains +2 in Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Defense and Speed. It's basically a free Anicent Power/Silver Wind combined with Xerneas' Geomancy + Power Herb combo. I doubt this'll make Eevee viable, since it's an Eevee for goodness sake.

Pokemon Refresh seems like a more enhanced version of Pokemon-Amie. You can now heal your Pokemon of status effects it seems, dry them and so on. Also, character customization is back! <3
Can change your hair, eye colour, clothes, etc. It feels soooo good to see it back!

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
If you quadruple post you are clearly the worst human being in history's
The average quadruple poster:

I swear to god, the clothing option better include past protagonists and characters this time...

Eevee has now completely broken Little Cup, the only good alternative left to VGC that remained since they made it so you can see your opponent's pokemon before the battle.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

We got three new Pokemon, Z-Moves for Pikachu and Eevee, Pokemon Refresh and character customization as well.

The new Pokemon are Passimian, Oranguru and Lycanroc (Midday and Midnight Forms).
Passimian is a pure Fighting type with the ability Receiver.
What Receiver does is in Doubles, if its ally Pokemon faints; it'll gain its ability. This seems like it can be VERY useful in VGC.

Oranguru is a Normal/Psyhic type with the abilities Inner Focus and Telepathy.
It has an exclusive move called Instruct where it can make its ally perform the move it just used again in the same turn... that seems REALLY good to be honest.

Lycanroc is a pure Rock type and its Midday form has Keen and Sand Rush as its abilities. Whereas Midnight form has Keen Eye and Vital Spirit. Midday Form gets the move Accelerock which is a priority move just like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed.

Pikachu's Z-Move is called Catastropika. However, Eevee's is the one that has me interested. Eevee's is called Extreme Evoboost, where it gains +2 in Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Defense and Speed. It's basically a free Anicent Power/Silver Wind combined with Xerneas' Geomancy + Power Herb combo. I doubt this'll make Eevee viable, since it's an Eevee for goodness sake.

Pokemon Refresh seems like a more enhanced version of Pokemon-Amie. You can now heal your Pokemon of status effects it seems, dry them and so on. Also, character customization is back! <3
Can change your hair, eye colour, clothes, etc. It feels soooo good to see it back!
real talk midday lycanroc sounds a lot better than midnight lycanroc as it has the better ability and rock type quick attack

Top Bottom