• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
you should have complained about nair or jab or fair or something
idk I just looked at all of his hitboxes and chose whatever one was the biggest, his other moves have normal range.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Damn chat. Gone quiet in about four hours. :c
Might as well slap this chat awake!

b-but i dont have anything i want to post about

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this was kind of amusing i guess
when's next hyrule warriors update
it's been so hot this week I haven't been able to play computer games, thinking about starting etrian odyssey 4 in light of that but I can't figure out what classes I want to use since everything I like in that game is unlock (aside from Runemaster, I really might just run five Runemasters at the start)

idk

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I don't mind Yoshi at all. Honestly I think he's only decent. Nair is crazy though. I think it's his best aerial.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Could someone can confirm this is the Smash 9B we all know? This is actually messing with me lol.

Man, Xrd Potemkin is a joke compared to AC Potemkin.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, I decided to be stupid and tried testing something today. Obvious conclusion is that if you make a multi-hit have very short frame gaps, it's probably going to be more reliable. The thing is that there aren't a lot of multi-hits with short frame gaps that aren't using looping / refreshing hitboxes and aren't under 3. There's Sonic's Ftilt and Zelda's jab...

Anyway, I basically just gave Brawl / PM Falco SFV Guile's EX Flash Kick. It's much more reliable because the hits connect way faster, but it does look a bit too fast or rather; it lacks the thing where some multi-hits have this pause for aesthetic reasons. Frame data's largely the same as Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash, but hit-wise, it's SFV Guile's EX Flash Kick with Brawl Falco's late hit. I kept the late hit to see if there would be anything stupid... Forgot about the whole terminate collisions or remove hitboxes command, so there isn't going to be a problem where he'd end up doing 4% + 12% + 12% -- 12% late hit has Smash 4 Falco's old Up Smash knockback with Brawl's angle. There is a slight "bug" where it can actually connect the late hit, but only with the first hit, so it still does 16% total, but ends with weaker knockback and a different angle which leads to some interesting interactions.

Why did I do this? After doing a comparison between Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash and Charlie Nash's Somersault Shell and posting in the Falco social, talking to myself alone, it's so lonely over there... I noticed that Charlie's heavy Somersault Shell hits twice, but with the same leg rather than Falco's left leg into right leg. I was like, "Hmm... I wonder?" The idea would be if it hit twice with the same leg, hitting faster, it would be way more reliable, but the other thing was to kind of address the fact that Falco's Up Smash's second, strong hit lasts 8 frames which is kind... ridiculous. It's a powerful thing to have, but at times, it's a bit weird, especially since it does end when Falco's barely move, so all you see is this leg sticking out and suddenly a character is sent flying and dies.

Can't mod Smash 4, so I used Brawl / PM instead. For the most part, it does everything I'd like it to do, but there is a problem where I can't confirm how the late hit would interact. Brawl Falco's Up Smash is a backflip hitting with one leg. The hitbox would move linearly, so after the clean hit that's set up by the 4% hit, the knockback (and probably damage... should have changed that too) would be changed. I pretty much went off of Guile's which hit 2*3. Problem is that I don't really know if " * " actually means 0 frame gap or something like 2 or some insignificantly low frame gap which is what it is used in place for. For the test, I just did 2*2, 8-9 first hit and 10-11 second hit, and had the rest be the late hit, 12-17. Actually extended the late hit by 2 frames, I hope it was 2 frames... Yeah... It made it so Falco's Up Smash began about ground level and ended about there too. BrawlBox's update to 0.77 is bugging out on me -- 0.76b worked fine, shouldn't have updated --, so I couldn't check exactly what frame the late hit would start or end. Anyway, late hit should start about 90 degrees and arc down. That doesn't exactly work for Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash.

Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash starts with his left leg at ground level almost at 270 degrees and ends about 110 degrees, then his right leg starts at about 45 degrees and ends at lower than 110 degrees, maybe 130 degrees. In a way, the hit placement is "refreshed". One thing I worried about. There could be a chance where the late hit could manage to clip into the second clean hit... Theory was to make it so the left leg hit twice with 1.1.4's frame data at say, 7-9 for the 4% hit and 10-12 for the 12% hit. This would kill the 8 active frame for a 12% hit that's capable of killing at ~130% by itself. The right leg would be the late hit which I figured should have pre-1.1.4's frame data and maybe with Brawl's angle -- this part's because his right leg starts high up and swings back unlike his left leg which starts low and swings up. 8 active frames from a hit that barely managed to KO at around 140% would be fine. Still, there's the "problem" with it "re-covering" Falco with a hitbox -- really would make it a "Somersault Shell" -- and it could be weaker, like it does 11% or 10% or the knockback's even weaker. So, idea is that it would be (much more) reliable and it would keep its active frames for land traps, but it loses the 8 active frame strong hit. It would also lose the pause thing... Eh, massive hit lag could be added to the first hit or something.

People are probably going to complain since Falco would have a frame 7, really reliable multi-hit Up Smash that does 16%. Welp, might as well make the other (flip kick) Up Smashes stronger. I mean, it's not like there are other moves that are stupid and KO much earlier... Limit Break Cross Slash and Shoryuken... Fox's Up Smash KO'ing at under 90% would be fine. So would Kirby's.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This is, uh...lol. I hope Blizzard's considering 1 hero limit, or at least a way to make unrestricted teams less problematic without ruining character designs.

Could someone can confirm this is the Smash 9B we all know? This is actually messing with me lol.

Man, Xrd Potemkin is a joke compared to AC Potemkin.
well...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
This is, uh...lol. I hope Blizzard's considering 1 hero limit, or at least a way to make unrestricted teams less problematic without ruining character designs.

well...

Shame I can't find footage of his Xrd play. I even can't find recent 9B footage in Smash 4. Wonder if 9B stills plays Potemkin. Xrd Potemkin is so jokes in comparison. AC Potemkin is so fun :denzel:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

well...

overwatch is a mess rn

why does blizzard not want to do stopwatch so they can stop using their ****ty mechanic (which they're aware is ****ty) which further emphasizes the huge offense bias

why does 2cp still exist

why do people suck so bad at this easy ass game

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I didn't know you could mod other games' move onto smash characters. That's cool. Do you have videos of that?
Well, it helps that Falco has a Flash Kick in Melee, Brawl, and PM and has Somersault Shell in Smash 4. He also has a bunch of other character's moves like his rapid jab finisher resembles one of Mature and Vice's moves -- I think it would resemble Mature's heavy punch the most --, his Side Smash resembles Mature's Ebony Tears, but without a projectile, his Nair is Karin's EX Ressenha which I don't think she had until SFV so it's kind of the other way around, and a stretch would be that he also has Charlie's Step Kick -- I say stretch since Charlie does a step forward, angled front kick while Falco does a standing, angled roundhouse. There's also his rapid jab which resembles Rashid's Spinning Mixer. There is a point where there aren't any other moves you can do for a character, but there are times when characters sharing moves can be neat references or stuff to see.

Now, can you mod another game's move into Smash? Yeah, well, in Brawl since I don't know if people figured out how to do that in Smash 4 yet. It's why PM and custom characters have different moves. There's also moveset swaps which kind of work, but not really... Similar thing would be model swaps which lead to this.

Yep. It's back.

Thing is that you would need to animate or reanimate depending on what you're doing to get those moves in. So, if I wanted to add in Nero's High Roller or Dragon Dogma's version: Tusk Toss and Antler Toss onto Ike, I would have to animate it. After that, I'd have to add data for it i.e. how much damage, knockback, angle, hit lag, SDI, etc. As a Special, it would be a bit more finnicky to deal with; I have no idea how to edit Specials with Project Smash Attack or the other one by Dantarion that I don't remember, but allows you to view Special and subroutine frame data. I'd also have to the same things if I decided to port over an existing move like if I wanted Fox's Bair on Zelda, I could be lazy and literally port it over, but it would seriously mess with Zelda's model since it wasn't really made for Zelda. Reason why moveset swaps and model swaps ends up looking... nightmarish.

What I'm doing is just editing an existing move's frame data to match another similar move for science really. This'll be an information overload, but I took Brawl Falco's Up Smash data, gave it Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash data for its hitboxes, and called it in a way that resembled Guile's EX Flash Kick and Charlie's heavy Somersault Shell. I wish I could do this in Smash 4 to see how it would work considering Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash does involve both his legs.

Info dump's ahead.
So, Brawl Falco's Up Smash is this. It's shortened, so not all of its data is going to be posted here.
Frame 8 (clean hit; right leg)
Damage = 14%, Angle = 90° BKB = 20, SKB = 0, KBG = 98
Active for 4 frames; 8-11​
Frame 12 (late hit; right leg)
Damage = 12%, Angle = 361°, BKB = 18, SKB = 0, KBG = 98
Active for 6 frames; 12-17​
Frame 18
All hitboxes on right leg gets removed​
Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash is this.
Frame 7 (first hit; left leg)
Upper and lower leg invincible; active for 6 frames; 7-12
Damage = 4%, Angle = 110° / 110° / 130°, BKB = 70, SKB = 0, KBG = 18
Active for 6 frames; 7-12​
Frame 9 (third hitbox change)
Damage = 4%, Angle = 220°, BKB = 0, SKB = 15, KBG = 100
Active for 4 frames; 9-12​
Frame 13 (second hit; right leg)
All hitboxes and invincibility on left leg gets removed
Upper and lower leg invincible, active for 8 frames; 13-20
Damage = 12%, Angle = 80°, BKB = 31, SKB = 0, KBG = 104
Active for 8 frames; 13-20​
Frame 21
All hitboxes and invincibility on right leg gets removed​
For the test, I added in another hit that used part of Smash 4 Falco's Up Smash's first hit data, splitting the active frames of the clean hit to emulate SFV Guile's EX Flash Kick that hit in 2*3, but for the test, I just did 2*2, made following the second hit have Smash 4 Falco's 1.1.4 Up Smash's second hit data, and made the late hit have his pre-1.1.4 Up Smash's second hit data, but kept Brawl's angle.
Frame 8 (first; right leg)
Active for 2 frames; 8-9​
Frame 10 (late hit; right leg)
All hitboxes on right leg gets removed
Damage = 12%, Angle = 361°, BKB = 31, SKB = 0, KBG = 104
Active for 2 frames; 10-11​
Frame 12 (late hit; right leg)
Damage = 12%, Angle = 361°, BKB = 30, SKB = 0, KBG = 98
Active for 6 frames; 12-17​
Frame 18
All hitboxes on right leg gets removed​
If you're wondering why at frame 10 hitboxes have to be removed, it's to "reset" it and make it register again. If you don't, then it treats the frame 10 as a "late" hit. For Smash 4, if I could, I would try testing this out:
Frame 7 (first hit; left leg)
Upper and lower leg invincible; active for 6 frames; 7-12
Active for 3 frames; 7-9​
Frame 9 (second hit; left leg)
Damage = 12%, Angle = 80°, BKB = 31, SKB = 0, KBG = 104
Active for 3 frames; 10-12​
Frame 13 (late hit; right leg)
All hitboxes and invincibility on left leg gets removed
Upper and lower leg invincible, active for 8 frames; 13-20
Damage = 12%, Angle = 361°, BKB = 30, SKB = 0, KBG = 98
Active for 8 frames; 13-20​
Frame 21
All hitboxes and invincibility on right leg gets removed​
The first hit might need to be connect faster since frame 10 has his left leg already up at 90°, so 2*4 might work better than 3*3. Might have to think more about the late hit... Yes, it would be weaker, but some might still complain it's a decently powered 8 active and invincible hit. I could do something stupid and make it as a separate multi-hit. A move with 2 multi-hits... Hmm...

TL;DR: Yes, you can mod in moves to Smash, well, Brawl. No, it's not what I'm doing; I'm just editing frame data on moves. Also, search the videos for yourself. You have the resources. :p

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I actually got Mario Kart 8 after forever. I don't know how people play 150cc anymore. 200cc is the future.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Since I don't have to do my rounds today and tomorrow, I thought it'd be best if I tried to do some more University Work today. Best to get as much done as I can.

Also, welcome back Chez G. Chez G. , Furret24 Furret24 . :yeahboi:

And I've seen more people complain about the TF2 Update, many want their Pub Servers back. Gorl, please. Just WAIT, they're fixing the other stuff. Oh, and I'm now at the next dungeon in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I may have Itsuki go Unconsious for a few battles so that everyone has caught up with him.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm back too, after skimming and liking like two dozen posts over the last ten pages since I was last on.

Seems like she'll be able to down all giant bosses without special (except gohma?) after getting hasty attacks, if that's the case she'll probably overtake spear!Lana as my favorite water.
"I'll drop a whale on 'em. ******* looove whales, right?" > Selfie Spear Idol

Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
The mentorship thing I'm doing is going really well, but it's taking up all my time.

And Pokemon GO is cool af. There are pokemarts and gyms everywhere. Finally have a reason to learn this city.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, I remember that. Furil even took a request and attached the hitbox to Lucas's head to show what would happen: http://smashboards.com/threads/lucas-hitbox-visualization.436464/#post-21167534. For those who don't want to check Lucas's hitbox thread.

On another note, Resident Evil 7's trailer song? I think it's the trailer song, is really cool. Unfortunately, as someone who is a wuss and doesn't like horror, probably won't be playing it. Song's great though. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U. Speaking of trailer songs... There is one song that will forever haunt me and it's DmC: Devil May Cry's teaser song. From what I remember, it was said to be in-house by Ninja Theory. It was never released and it kind of sucks. I like the song. Also, if Devil May Cry or even DmC wasn't attached to the game, I think it would have hooked people as this creepy, twisted new IP that seemed to be a hack 'n' slash. Unfortunately, that didn't happen; it was a reboot, spin-off, thing of Devil May Cry that got a lot of backlash causing Capcom and Ninja Theory to backpedal to Ninja Theory's original idea of a DMC reboot that was closer to DMC and not this way, way different, but could have been much cooler, at least much more twisted, version of DMC that Capcom pushed for since they wanted the game to be as different from DMC as possible... The end product which I still haven't played outside of the demo, is a good game, but the fact the teaser, the original concept, was so different, it leaves me wanting to play what it would have been. Anyway, trailer since I can't find an old video where it was just the song: https://youtu.be/jzQPZUMqd_0?t=39.

Oh, and I just learned that another song used for a trailer of DmC, its TGS 2011 one, was released a while back, The Roar Within composed by Tetsuya Shibata and written by Donna Burke. Link to its official release and background: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/03/02/rare-japanese-dmc-song-downloadable-here. I don't remember watching DmC's 2011 TGS trailer or the song... Song's really good. Capcom tends to have good music... Capcom in general has a lot of talented people... Its business side, however...

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
RE7's demo was awesome and I hope the full release is just as good

in other news, Ibuki is really fun and her alt is pretty

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sometimes I feel like trolling the CCI thread with this gif

On another note, Resident Evil 7's trailer song? I think it's the trailer song, is really cool. Unfortunately, as someone who is a wuss and doesn't like horror, probably won't be playing it. Song's great though. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U.
It's weird how that's an adaptation of an old folk song
http://balladofamerica.com/music/indexes/songs/gotellauntrhody/index.htm
TBH I don't really care for the game but do like the RE7 trailer song.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I don't really get doubles. But that's because every time I play Roy in Doubles, I end up killing anything. Including my partner. Especially my partner.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's weird how that's an adaptation of an old folk song
http://balladofamerica.com/music/indexes/songs/gotellauntrhody/index.htm
TBH I don't really care for the game but do like the RE7 trailer song.
Oh, so like how Dishonored took The Drunken Sailor and turned it into the creepy as hell The Drunken Whaler? Also, the "normal" version of Go Tell Aunt Rhody like this one by Burl Ives is way less creepy, but that's the charm of RE7's... (I'm starting to be concerned about this... There's this manga that I really like and it started off like there's this yandere and now there's this implication all the important characters are yandere. This includes the main character's little sister, aunt, and crush. It got to the point where the first yandere actually seems less creepy and more like a kuudere. Why am I starting to like creepy and eerie stuff? My sanity...) Speaking of folk songs and, well, shanties, Randy Dandy-O used in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag... Amazing. It got to the point where I would listen to all of AC4's shanties for days. Shanties are awesome.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sometimes I feel like trolling the CCI thread with this gif
Ahhh, good old Muppets Treasure Island. That was a fun film. :yeahboi:

Also, I swear to god; Toyko Mirage Sessions is giving me the chance to get too many Skills. @~@
During my exploring in the Illusory Daita TV Studio, Unity gave me confirmation of TWELVE Skills I could unlock. And I didn't have enough for all of them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't like horror so much as I like psychological stuff and the 2 often overlap. I'm much better at stomaching horror than I was as a kid now.

PS the bad ending to Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee is freakier than the entire Resident Evil series O.o

Last edited:
Top Bottom