• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
anyway, i discourage anyone from doing this but is someone here insane enough to complain about mccree in the cci?
This is a lot more tempting than it should be but I'm not the type to stir the pot like that.

Why the soldier 72 hate :c
I like how the number changes every time you mention him

He's just completely uninteresting to me in terms of both character and arsenal. I don't like his ult conceptually either, not because it's literally an aimbot but because it both just makes him easier instead of something with burst playmaking power/team support like most other characters, and it actually lowers his potential damage by eliminating the possibility of headshots.

Biotic field seems like a really strong ability for his character archetype to have, though.

Wizzro will never be tolerable for me, but I'm both surprised that you remembered something so minor, and thank you for the bit of aid.

On my own tier list he'll always be at the very bottom, probably with the rest of the redundant Darkness characters. And Sheik.
Understandable. Not entirely sure what you mean by "redundant" darkness characters though, unless you just mean the element's oversaturated. I like all the characters in it, so it's not really an issue to me.

I didn't like Sheik for a long time because she felt weak and spends a lot of time playing the harp, but Bolero isn't weak and that+Prelude+Serenade blocking gibdo/redead freeze all in one package is pretty neat.

just say mccree hard counters cloud or some **** that doesn't make sense

and fan the hammer and flash bang are stupid af

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I think most smashers simply don't understand most things. That isn't necessarily a slight against them, it's just the reality of the general age and background of the people in the community.

The problem is when people good at one thing takes that to mean they know anything about another thing. Or when they have massive internet followings by people who take everything said at face value, regardless of the field the player is actually talking about.

"Because ____ said so" is not evidence. The mark of an expert is not that your statements are taken at face value, but because you are able to properly explain and defend each statement with evidence when questioned.

From what I've heard, the backroom (and what one typically sees on twitter) isn't much, or at all, better. It's just there instead of name dropping, at some point it all descends into someone pulling out the ruler.
Most people don't understand most things, so yeah.

For the record, I don't think I understand how to properly balance Smash either.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've played enough HW to get to the point where I'm fine using any of the characters .3.
But I still never use Impa

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've played enough HW to get to the point where I'm fine using any of the characters .3.
But I still never use Impa
I'm mostly in the same boat, with the exception that I haven't really bothered learning how to play Spinner (gave it a bit of a shot, but I like Gauntlets more) or Epona yet. I know what I'm doing with Impa, I just really hate her.

I only have 2 skulltulas left between all six adventure maps and if the map isn't cleared there's just some heart containers left in each. Feels weird nearly running out of stuff to do in a game that had so much, but I guess I can still get a bunch of hours out of Hero mode stuff and finishing up the heart container grind.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I want to punch someone... Someone complained that Fox's hitboxes are too big in the CCI thread. So much rage after seeing that. Also, Mario's, but I only saw the Fox part when someone else asked. The below gif is what I want to do.

Fox is, in my opinion, one of the best designed character in Smash and has been since Smash 64. He had over-tuned tools such as 64 Blaster, Melee Reflector, the damage output on his moves in both Melee and Brawl -- 18% KO Uair, 23% Fair, 21% Dair, etc., --, and... jab in Smash 4 pre-1.1.0, but he never struck me as being extremely stupid outside of 64 where everyone else was pretty stupid, but on more level playing field, or Melee where everyone was stupid too, but Fox was on stupidly good while others were on stupidly bad. It says something when Fox at his worse only dropped to mid-high on a tier list while other characters bounced around whether it was due to changes to them, the game, or whatever. In other modes? Fox just does fine; Fox is versatile, but he has defined weaknesses and strengths that keep him in check unlike other characters who might are too versatile like Falco being a rushdown and zoner in Melee and Brawl or have extreme strengths that counter any weakness they should be having like Brawl Meta Knight or Cloud and Sheik in Smash 4 and of course, Melee Fox, but that's kind of a given, it was his prime after all and no character has or will ever reach that prime again. Smash 4 Fox has pretty much everything right for him. Complaining about Fox is like complaining about Mario. They have some quirks, but really? Them over Ryu's definitely too strong Shoryuken -- could be a bit weaker, but still retaining its power -- or Cloud's Limit Break Cross Slash being so damn safe? Or in the case of bad stuff, so dysfunctional moves or underwhelming characters, Duck Hunt's spotty Smashes or Zelda? Then again, all that complaining lead to one character being wrecked like Bayonetta.

Sure, she can combo, but SDI multipliers on her combo moves hurt her. Oh, but she needs to play smart now. Yeah, she does like anyone else, but guess what? She needs to use those moves. It's going to happen and when they're unreliable and when people know it's going happen -- freaking Witch Twist lasts enough where you can figure out something while you're being hit unlike a sudden Shoryuken --, people will try to counter it in some way. I'd rather Bayonetta only be able to combo from 0% to say 70% like that instead of her having high SDI multipliers on her moves or maybe something like knockback-wise, Bayonetta's even weaker than Sheik, but she can rack up damage faster than anyone else, can combo whenever and however, and does have key KO moves like Fox's main KO moves are Up Smash and Uair which he can confirm into. I don't know, do something else that doesn't imply her combos shouldn't be working. Oh, but SDI is a high-level technique. Have you played against the average online player? People freaking button mash and waggle their sticks like the end is near. It's why I hate playing against anyone with a frame 3 Nair. Hit Luigi once and it's just Nair, Nair, Nair, and Nair. You could be a mile away from them and it's still Nair. Imagine that and figure that they're wildly trying to get out of Witch Twist and oh... Bayonetta just died to Luigi's Nair during her "iconic, Bayonetta combo". It doesn't even have to be "low-level" play, at high-level, you will still see people do stuff like that if they know it works. There's a reason why not a lot of Falco players jab Luigi since Luigi can Nair like mad to trade and since Luigi's Nair inexplicably kills and Falco's a lightweight fast faller with high gravity, he's going to die. It's so stupid.

I like how the number changes every time you mention him

He's just completely uninteresting to me in terms of both character and arsenal. I don't like his ult conceptually either, not because it's literally an aimbot but because it both just makes him easier instead of something with burst playmaking power/team support like most other characters, and it actually lowers his potential damage by eliminating the possibility of headshots.

Biotic field seems like a really strong ability for his character archetype to have, though.
Fun fact from his page on the Overwatch wiki: apparently Soldier: 76's number increments if you're playing with AI. So, if there are 3 of them, you'll have a Soldier: 76, Soldier: 77, and Soldier: 78 on a team.

Soldier: 76 shtick is to be the generic guy in a game full of unique characters. Sure, Widowmaker's the obligatory sniper, but even she has more going on to make her special compared to, I shoot, I can sprint, and I'm all tough and gruff with my backstory. Widowmaker plays up the role of a femme fatale and her grappling hook reminds me of Thief despite there not being a grappling hook in the game? I still haven't played any of them despite owning the older games; I think one of the arrows in the recent game is a rope one which is similar, but not. Eh, you get the French accent, the femme fatale, a little of a cat burglar or Catwoman going on, sniping, some Splinter Cell through her ultimate, and maybe some scout or recon through her weapon being able to handle close combat as a SMG-like gun and long-range as her sniper rifle which could work for counter sniping and her Venom Mines for trapping.

Soldier: 76 with his Biotic Field reminds me of Battlefield 3, but his overall kit reminds me of the Assault class in the game. Assault uses assault rifles, his Helix Rocket reminds me of the grenade launcher which was heavily prominent in the Bad Company games since destruction was the selling point, and his Biotic Field reminds me BF3's change where Assault had access to medic kits instead of ammo boxes -- that was given to the Support class which was the Medic class in the Bad Company games -- which wouldn't make sense since Overwatch doesn't have limited ammo. Add in sprinting and that's Soldier: 76 in a nutshell to me. Only things he doesn't have is the ability to aim down sights which is kind of pointless in Overwatch, ability to set firing rate, basic parkour -- BF3 allowed you to vault over stuff which I don't know if you can do that in Overwatch --, access to other weapons like I can't pick the universal battle rifles, personal defense weapons -- basically SMGs --, or shotguns; he doesn't have access to a sidearm, no grenades, and a revive like in BF3 onward.

The only concerning thing is why I find him to be the most interesting character and the character I want to play when everyone else exists. It's like walking into a car collector dealer and instead of grabbing a vintage muscle car, a foreign sports car, a rally car, or even a freaking Hummer, I go and ask for a contemporary Ford Focus or a Suburu WRX that was on the lot for some reason. They're good cars, but if I wanted to buy them, I should have went to a dealer that sold those instead of a collector specializing in neat stuff.

Last edited:
at a computer shop. some guy played bastion and the guy beside him was playing in the same game

the dude got play of the game and his friend was like, "CONGRATS" as if it was a big deal

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So just saw that trending story of the "hot" middle school teacher who had relations with the student, and the first thing that came to mind was this old meme clip. I'm a terrible person.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Trying to record both the top and bottom screens on a 3DS is so awkward

400x240 is a horrible resolution to try to make two screens visible at

Spirst

I know someone who watched Netflix primarily on their 3DS despite having had an iPhone.

Why would you ever watch Netflix on 3DS what the ****

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So gorls I got my friend deep into Undertale hell. He's also an artist, which means fanart.

He has drawn Sans, but with his artstyle the results were

... Interesting.

tfw you can't draw and end up being really jealous of your friends who can

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
HW still a topic in here, nice.
I missed the Yoshi discussion 5 pages ago/3 days ago so I don't think I should chime in.
It was basically eveyone passively saying "I hate Yoshi and his BS".
Btw I hate Yoshi and his BS :minisecretkpop:
I was defending him and would probably learn how to use him if I didn't refuse to use controls other than default. RIP eggs.

Watched a bunch of The Wall's matches today. Good stuff.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm watching the Roots reboot by the History Channel. Just got threw crying like a baby.

Gorls, watch it if you can (each episode is like 2 hrs.), cuz it's frickin' GOOD.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Feeling tired today, since I had trouble getting some sleep last night.
But I'll push on, oh and I've now got Silas and Felicia married, just recruited Sophie so I'm gonna try and get through her Paralogue by capturing the Boss and preventing any of the villagers from getting killed. I hope. :V

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just got home from work and I'm pretty drained. I'm gonna get some shut eye now.

Oh, and never mind me. Just dropping by to say "what up!"

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just got home from work and I'm pretty drained. I'm gonna get some shut eye now.

Oh, and never mind me. Just dropping by to say "what up!"
Not much, just preparing my lunch now, watching Doug Walker's review on Spy Kids 3-D and doing some University work.

Just be wary of traps when you go to get some shut eye. :secretkpop:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I was waiting for this glorious day to where I could finally say "Metal Gear PACHINKO" and now, I can. I can say THIS is what it looks like when a franchise dies, and cry my tears of blood, yet somehow satisfactory tears as my dumb jokes about how this would definitely happen have came to fruition.

I think the best/worst part is that they did this with SNAKE EATER too, the most beloved Metal Gear.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I was waiting for this glorious day to where I could finally say "Metal Gear PACHINKO" and now, I can. I can say THIS is what it looks like when a franchise dies, and cry my tears of blood, yet somehow satisfactory tears as my dumb jokes about how this would definitely happen have came to fruition.

I think the best/worst part is that they did this with SNAKE EATER too, the most beloved Metal Gear.
Rest in peace Metal Gear. Guess FOXHOUND got turned into a CASHHOUND.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Can I assume I'm the only one here who's played Pachinko before?

It wasn't one of those fancy high tech ones, but it's actually a pretty addicting game.

I'm out of the Metal Gear loop, what's this about?
After they effectively sacked Kojima, installed cameras into their division's offices, put bars on all the windows and hypothetically killed Project M, Konami mentioned in a press release that they were largely leaving the gaming market (outside of Pro Evolution Soccer) to focus on other revenue sources such as Pachinko machines using their IPs like MGS.

This is the end result of that.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Good news: On June 11th there's a tournament about 40 miles from where I stay at. I can most likely make it there!

:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::happysheep::happysheep::secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. The newest trailer for Pokemon Sun & Moon is out.

And BJN39 BJN39 was right. You have different islands to visit! This'll be cool.
As for the Legendaries, you got Solgaleo which is confirmed to be Psychic/Steel with its Ability "Full Metal Body". Which is basically Clear Body. And it's signature move is still Sunsteel Strike. The Moon Legendary is called Lunala and it's Psychic/Ghost with the Ability "Shadow Shield", which is identical to Multiscale. Its signature move is called Moongeist Beam, I believe both these moves are Psychic type, since it does neutral damage to Salamance, and it's Super Effective against Gengar. Also, the signature moves ignore abilities too. So pretty much, they can hit Shedinja without a care in the world. :V

There's also a way that you can get information of the Pokemon through QR Codes now, by using one; you can find that Pokemon's location within the region.
Also, your Pokedex is a Rotom. Called Rotom Pokedex. Or Rotom-P for short. So six new forms for Rotom? :yeahboi:
Frost, Mow, Heat, Fan, Wash and Pokedex.

This looks pretty damn cool. All sorts of information! <3

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
As for the Legendaries, you got Solgaleo which is confirmed to be Psychic/Steel with its Ability "Full Metal Body"
The Full Metal Jacket crossover art and parodies will be stuff of legends, and pretty much entirely against this forum's rules.

Look up the opening scene for what I'm talking about.

Lunala continues to both look awesome and make me annoyed that it even exists. With a legendary like that, there's little chance of my main man Crobat getting a Mega Evolution this iteration.

Also, your Pokedex is a Rotom. Called Rotom Pokedex. Or Rotom-P for short. So six new forms for Rotom? :yeahboi:
Frost, Mow, Heat, Fan, Wash and Pokedex.
Calling it now, your Pokedex turns out to be the Pokemon League Champion.

We'll see how well the story goes now that they've decided at least some pokemon like Rotom have human-like sentience and intelligence. Between that and stuff like Detective Pikachu, all the stuff N was talking about continues to kind of sound like "The Villain Had a Point".

Last edited:
Top Bottom