• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
"fam" will never not be cringy

if any of you start saying "real ***** hours" or "finna," I'll murder you

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I never even heard of these words before what do they even mean lol
finna - is just another way of saying gonna or going to. It's just African American slang. My mom would check my dad for saying this all the time lol.

fam is just short for family, just another Black culture slang term that spread to pop culture through rap music. just a way to refer to friends, like cuz (cousin) and bruh (brother)

real ***** hours just refers to the early morning hours. It was a thing in Black Twitter before, you guessed it, spread to pop culture through rap music.

:150:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
except that most people who actually use those words are white people thinking they're so cool and cultured

that fact that people actually say fam in real life is depressing

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
finna - is just another way of saying gonna or going to. It's just African American slang. My mom would check my dad for saying this all the time lol.

fam is just short for family, just another Black culture slang term that spread to pop culture through rap music. just a way to refer to friends, like cuz (cousin) and bruh (brother)

real ***** hours just refers to the early morning hours. It was a thing in Black Twitter before, you guessed it, spread to pop culture through rap music.

I literally just looked up what they meant just now lol

I can't think of any Korean slangs of the top of my head. Or maybe it's because my oral vocabulary is pretty limited :(

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
except that most people who actually use those words are white people thinking they're so cool and cultured

that fact that people actually say fam in real life is depressing
. . . I left that part out. :p

I'v e been saying fam, bruh, finna, etc. for ages. But when I hear suburban white people at my school say it . . . I can't help but cringe. They just suck A LOT at ebonics.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
ur a legend fam

Bruh.

This is a masterpiece!

1st it was his pk thunder...then his back aerial...then his freaking back throw...and now...t-THIS??
O-oh

I didn't actually make it. I just archived it months ago in case it ever needed to be used again.

I'm happy with the results.
I literally just looked up what they meant just now lol

I can't think of any Korean slangs of the top of my head. Or maybe it's because my oral vocabulary is pretty limited :(
At least we get access to all the stereotypical Asian memes. Like turning "L"s into "R"s

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
lame white people using black slang irl is the equivalent of being an redpiller in any year at any place

you shouldn't do it and you're only hurting yourself

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I am of the opinion that a white person using black slang is probably the whitest thing you could possibly do.

Which is funny since they mostly speak like that to avoid seeming white.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
O-oh

I didn't actually make it. I just archived it months ago in case it ever needed to be used again.

At least we get access to all the stereotypical Asian memes. Like turning "L"s into "R"s
Pretty sure the original maker was either @McKnightƖight or @SpiralGalaxies :3

And us eating rice every 10 minutes and having big animu eyes :secretkpop:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
O-oh

Still, that's amazing. Ness is such a pain :027:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I myself don't even use slang all that much. Sometimes I use some slang that my parents say (my mother comes from a rural family and my dad's family is mostly black) just because I'm so used to hearing them I kinda added them to my vocabulary.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I am of the opinion that a white person using black slang is probably the whitest thing you could possibly do.

Which is funny since they mostly speak like that to avoid seeming white.

Maybe I just grew up around the wrong black people (mostly 1st Gen, throw in some AA but army brats that grew up mostly in Europe, etc) , but I always thought most those things except for fam (a lot of groups use that) were all just weird ass things Bay Area Californians do, like always wearing plaid shirts with sandals and inserting "hella" into every sentence. But those are also the super PC type of people who'd take slang like that for such a petty reason, never did sound organic when they did compared to others.

Just don't really understand the whole idea that dialect could suddenly be skin based instead of geographical or economic based, I guess. Goes against, like...everything we know about linguistics.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was randomly walking around outside the Zelda boards and came upon a thread about Marth/Lucina's relative tier placements. Thoughtful arguments aside, I had to stop when I saw this:

...So, why do I disagree? Well, several reasons, actually. The fact of the matter is that 1.1.4 was a huge game-changer for the two of them in so many ways. Prior to 1.1.4, their hitboxes were very small and broken, which made spacing a nightmare. They also had TERRIBLE frame data on a lot of their attacks. So the fact was, Marth NEEDED that extra kill option and Lucina flat-out never even HAD it. So yes, prior to 1.1.4, I would say Marth was just better...

Lucina flat-out never even HAD it. So yes, prior to 1.1.4, I would say Marth was just better.

Lucina flat-out never even HAD it.

Lucina flat-out

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Maybe I just grew up around the wrong black people (mostly 1st Gen, throw in some AA but army brats that grew up mostly in Europe, etc) , but I always thought most those things except for fam (a lot of groups use that) were all just weird *** things Bay Area Californians do, like always wearing plaid shirts with sandals and inserting "hella" into every sentence. But those are also the super PC type of people who'd take slang like that for such a petty reason, never did sound organic when they did compared to others.

Just don't really understand the whole idea that dialect could suddenly be skin based instead of geographical or economic based, I guess. Goes against, like...everything we know about linguistics.
Well african americans are different from other races in that African American can double as both an ethnicity and as a race. You can be "Asian" or "European", but there are multiple cultures within this group.

Like in Rwanda, the Tutsis and the Hutus, basically are identical in terms of "race", but their cultures where radically different. Belgians . . . well they didn't necessarily care and shoved them together in the same country anyway. And next thing you know they both are inflicting mass genocide upon each other. Confusing race with ethnicity is a mistake that leads to dire consequences.

So when I said "like a black guy" I'm refering mostly to the culture and ethnicity rather than a race. and that culture is widely effected by the economic standards and geographical regions like you stated.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
IT WAS TO EXPRESS MY UNDYING DEVOTION AND LOVE FOR MY BEAUTIFUL GODDESS, LAVANI. I HAD NOTICED A PEASANT, @TTTTTsd WAS MAKING ADVANCES ON MY BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN. I COULD NOT CONTAIN MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH THIS CREATURE, SO I DID WHAT I HAD TO... I BECAME THE LAVANI.

I SECUDED THE CREATURE INTO MY BASEMENT FOR SOME "FRAME DATA RESEARCH (WINKY FACE EMOJI)", CHAINING HIM UP FOR SOME "DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE TESTING (WINKY FACE EMOJI)". ONCE HE WAS CONTAINED, I DESTROYED THE LOCATION WITH MY BAYONETTA NERF MISSILES SPONSORED BY KUROGANEHAMMER™, ENDING HIS FUTILE ATTEMPT AT MY QUEEN WITH POWER THAT REACHES THAT OF PATCH ONE POINT ONE POINT SIX.

NOW, MY DEVOTION FOR LAVANI CAN BE SEEN ACROSS THE LANDS OF SUPER SMASH BROTHERS WORLD FORUM, WHERE I HAVE BEEN SLOWLY FORMING THE LAVANI APPRECIATION SOCIETY (PLUS TWIT HANGOUT) FOR ALL THOSE (EXCEPT TEETEETEETEETEEESSDEE) TO WORSHIP THE GODDESS.

Top Bottom