• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I have some ignored here, just the irrelevent people. Just two people who have rize- risen my blood levels and who have made me lose brain cells.

Last edited:

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet
Good morning gorls =) I'm on my way back to college and was having the worst morning bc long car rides with my family give me agada, but logging on and seeing all this renewed positivity has given me much happiness! I think now the old queens and yung rapunxels of this thread can live and work together for the good of the coven character!

And Lorde Lorde thank you for the valuable 'ignore' function information :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
From listening to the music that plays in Ferrum Stadium for Pokken. I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds like music that would play as a Gym Leader Battle Theme in a main Pokemon game, right? :V

I haven't set anyone to ignore yet. Since I haven't run into those kinds of people yet on this website. But Steam on the otherhand, I've blocked/ignored quite a few people; since most of them are bots or the really annoying or egocentric kind of people. :V

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ikr BJN is like the best mod ever ._. Helps me remember I should be less lazy and do more stuff for the Peach boards XD EDIT: oh wow not only he but so many other people contributing too...This thread is my new favorite thread now

But I do understand how Kokonoe feels. The lack of metagame discussion, however, seems to be a problem of Smashboards in general since a lot of people have moved from Smashboards to things like Twitter/Facebook/Discord/Youtube/whatever. Because of it information has become scattered and it seems Smashboards has kinda stopped become the central place for developing and discussing characters metagames. Kinda a shame since such a hub is very useful, plus it creates a kind of community feel. Oh well. :/

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
You're welcome

Tbh I have a few people ignored here

I'm not going to name names, though
how do you know if someone ignored you? is there like a notification?
like x person hates your guts?
but logging on and seeing all this renewed positivity has given me much happiness! I think now the old queens and yung rapunxels of this thread can live and work together for the good of the coven character!
I more like to guide, I lurk the Q&A thread a lot
well I would, if it ever had Qs to As, usually people make random threads for some reason, so i gotta lurk the whole board and be on top of the ball

Ikr BJN is like the best mod ever ._. Helps me remember I should be less lazy and do more stuff for the Peach boards XD
I know how that feels ;w;

I don't do that much for the Shulk boards anymore. The Shulk video thread is a perfect example that shows how lazy I am. Doesn't help that I sort of switched to Corrin either (I still have Shulk as a secondary tho)

I mean, we're just moderators. We're just there to infract/warn people and use our red magic when necessary. It's not like we have to really lead or influence anyone or everyone to contribute or anything like that. Right? Right???

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
how do you know if someone ignored you? is there like a notification?
like x person hates your guts?
you don't know

you can kinda tell if someone never quotes you/mentions you/likes your posts, but even then, you don't know for sure

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

I don't do that much for the Shulk boards anymore. The Shulk video thread is a perfect example that shows how lazy I am. Doesn't help that I sort of switched to Corrin either (I still have Shulk as a secondary tho)

I mean, we're just moderators. We're just there to infract/warn people and use our red magic when necessary. It's not like we have to really lead or influence anyone or everyone to contribute or anything like that. Right? Right???
LOL exactly what I keep telling myself too, with exactly this expression on my face xD

looking at the Zelda metagame thread as a mod and be like

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I've ignored every single one of you yet somehow can make pretty good conversation if I don't say so myself

when u see a frequent user in your boards do much more **** than you to the point that it makes you question your own position as a mod but you try to excuse yourself

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
you don't know
now there is an undying curiosity inside me.

I want to know so badly.
if you blo-.... wait...

well I usually get responses to my quotes... don't I....?

I've been lurking this social from time to time since the Wii U version came out, yet when I finally decide to post there seems to be beef with new people ):

Anyways,hello gorls :4zelda:
hi new person, DON'T BLOCK ME
HERE'S A CUTE FURRET
hello_by_shiny_furret-d4r0bm1.png

nice to meet you
Good morning gorls =) I'm on my way back to college and was having the worst morning bc long car rides with my family give me agada, but logging on and seeing all this renewed positivity has given me much happiness! I think now the old queens and yung rapunxels of this thread can live and work together for the good of the coven character!
um yes isn't just great to get along and not ignore each other ever, enjoy another furret!
furret__by_dragonith-d9qyo1v.png
OH NO I SURELY MESSED UP

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
LOL exactly what I keep telling myself too, with exactly this expression on my face xD

BAN*ZELDA and your problems will be gone :secretkpop:

ketchupprecum

Smash Rookie
NNID
ketchupprecum
Guys I know bragging about For Glory is kinda stupid but it was hilarious because the Sheik player lost 5/5 and he wrote "GET ALIFE". The patch is shattering his world.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is the consensus really that Sheik isn't the best character anymore? If so, who took her place?

she's probably the best if she's played perfectly which is impossible

so pretty much, the race for 1st is between rosa, cloud and bayo from what i hear

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
she's probably the best if she's played perfectly which is impossible

so pretty much, the race for 1st is between rosa, cloud and bayo from what i hear
(enter pay to win meme here)
Is the consensus really that Sheik isn't the best character anymore? If so, who took her place?
I'd say either bayo or rosa (insert rosa main explaining why she doesn't need nerfs). it's hard to believe its shiek with out 50/50s. Kill confirms are one of the things that make a character top tier. Remember zero's list
zero's list.jpg

1.1.4, a lot of these characters have notable ways of killing by either comboing into a kill move, being able to set up or having a killing grab not many need an outright hit in neutral. just something small to finish
  1. 50/50s and kill set ups (needles bouncing fish, throw shenanigans)
  2. combos to death (up b, side b, quarter cirble b and down b nonsense)
  3. combos to death and kill set ups (down smash to death, down throw to death, nuetral b to death)
  4. kill set ups (uair, i forget)
  5. I forgot and kill combos (i forgot again, stuff to down b)
  6. Combos to death (Uair uair uair uair uair up b)
  7. Kill combos, kill throw (bthrow, Spin dash till you die)
  8. Kill combos (anything to up b)
  9. kill set ups, kill combos (banana to fsmash, dtilt to upsmash)
  10. Kill combos (i forgot)
  11. needs clean hit
  12. needs clean hit
  13. occasional shenanigans (uthrow thunder)
  14. needs clean hit
  15. you can guess what move it is
11/14 both have exceptional ways to space for the kill, although if i recall correctly there's prob a combo or two for corn, but it's not really wide spread used. mario really is the only one needing to get dirty for the kill, but even then his usmash is literally the best grounded AA in the game and it kills

shiek mains prob need to come out with a new 50/50 or a new kill confirm outside air needles to fish. character has a lot of tools, so it could be there. I'd still bet on zero to win evo if he's going to use shiek although i like his diddy way more

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Sheik's tilts are still extremely stupid and she still has needles to bouncing fish or bouncing fish frame traps. She's a bad killer but she's far from hopeless. I still think she's top 5. I'd say atm Bayonetta is the best char, followed by Rosalina, ZSS, Cloud and Sheik.

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet
Sheik's tilts are still extremely stupid and she still has needles to bouncing fish or bouncing fish frame traps. She's a bad killer but she's far from hopeless. I still think she's top 5. I'd say atm Bayonetta is the best char, followed by Rosalina, ZSS, Cloud and Sheik.
Cloud's recovery keeps him from top 3 definitely; like if I can get a Cloud to go off stage at any point as Zelda (or Lucas for that matter) his stock is gone.

When an opponent who doesn't know what a Zelda is uses Blade Beam and I punish it with a FW kill :cheep:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Except Cloud builds limit like it's nothing, so chances are he'll have access to the good version of his up-b.

Besides, you have to get Cloud offstage before you can edgeguard him, and that's not an easy feat in itself.

Cloud's strengths are so potent that I believe he definitely is a top 3 character. A meh recovery when he doesn't have limit is basically his only flaw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cloud is definitely top 3.

**** recoveries didn't stop :falcomelee: or :olimar: from becoming top tiers, did it?

shiek mains prob need to come out with a new 50/50 or a new kill confirm outside air needles to fish. character has a lot of tools, so it could be there. I'd still bet on zero to win evo if he's going to use shiek although i like his diddy way more
Didn't ZeRo say he was switching to Diddy on Twitter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
does anyone want a kitten? my roommates named it temmie and she likes to sit on keyboards and vibrate via purring

idk, but shout outs to @Soul Train the newish
mod, he's been around for a while though. guy puts in work
I'd say atm Bayonetta is the best char, followed by Rosalina, ZSS, Cloud and Sheik.
I'd swap shiek cloud, and the reason I say that is literally due to the shiek/cloud match up
but for now I'd agree with these as the 5. unless zero plays a character that isn't one of these 5
A meh recovery when he doesn't have limit is basically his only flaw.
meh with out, gorl it's meh with. Liitle mac has a better recovery by the fact he mix it up. cloud goes in the same direction with out a jump every time and that is up. cloud just recovers quickly or doesn't at all

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
It's a mix of Bayonetta, Cloud, and Rosalina. I personally don't know because due to Bayonetta not being out for too long, Cloud is overrated imo, and Rosalina has clear weaknesses. We'll probably have to wait for the metagame to progress and see

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am actually kinda curious if the invulnerability extension on Zelda's Neutral B will change her meta slightly.
IMO it does. She can now stuff approaches better than before. So it's a free reset to neutral or at least saves her.

Buuuut the end lag can still lead to death.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
guys, we all obviously know that :4feroy: is the best swordfighter in the game :^)
I thought :4littlemac: was the best swordfighter.
:troll:

IMO it does. She can now stuff approaches better than before. So it's a free reset to neutral or at least saves her.

Well, every little helps. Who knows, maybe if there's ever a 1.1.6, they'll give her more buffs. :V

Also, is anyone up for a few matches today?

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU

I wouldn't say free (like ZSS' flip jump, Sheik's Bouncing Fish, Diddy's Monkey Flip or Bayonetta's Afterburner Kick are), you have to be a little more careful but yes, used wisely it does fill that role. And I agree that it's an important change to her meta. She can now attempt to land safely except maybe against the likes of Cloud, Link, Ike and Rosalina with their huge disjointed aerials.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I'll be trying out those four characters I keep mentioning about for approximately 5 matches each. (:4bowser:, :4mewtwo:, :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta:)

Since I wanna find a secondary to help out with a few bad MUs.
Actually I can play now. I'll be hosting, hop on in

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet

AceStar calls the phantom Jamie! What a babe

Do you guys have fun names for your phantoms? I might have to think of one now cuz phantom does so much for our edgeguard game, he deserves a cute/badass name

Top Bottom