• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I texted the picture to a friend and less than 5 minutes later, they sent me this with the message "The Zelda timeline explained"
Screenshot_2015-08-18-18-53-39-1-1.png

idk how he made this picture even weirder.

Okay so I wrote something up on @S.F.L.R_9 's thread, but I know nobody leaves here. (It's so scary outside of here ;____; ) So I'm going to copy and paste it here to see what you think :^)

So I've been thinking for a little bit. I remember that most, if not all, of us agree that Zelda is a product of a flawed design. I also noticed that there tends to be talk of how to "fix" one of her moves through her frame data, but I don't think there's been any talk of just changing the move altogether. (Other than @Ffamran and his Falco) She's been stuck with almost the same moveset for the past 15-ish years, so why not introduce new ideas that could spice her up a little. I also didn't feel like making a new thread for this. :^)

F-tilt is one of her moves that bothers me the most. What is it supposed to do? Cover an approach, straight up punish, take a moveslot? It just makes no sense to me. It's disjointed, but it also drags her hurtbox with it; it's fairly slow; it's a lackluster punish tool; KO's around 150; and has pretty much no set-ups into or out of it.

What could it be changed to?

I was thinking maybe she can just arc her arm as it materializes her rapier from TP. It would be a pure disjoint and give some much needed range to her. The rapier would begin to fade after it passes the shoulder, but would disappear when it reached her other shoulder. Maybe the sweetspot could be directly perpendicular to her model. The hitboxes in front of her would send them outwards to shut down grounded approachesthe one's above her shoulder (where it begins to fade) could knock them upwards (in tumble? :D) for a possible (standard) n-air/f-air follow up. As for KO potential, I'm not sure if it would be too good of a move if it killed at around 120 (sweetspotted).As far as frame data goes, I'm not sure what would make this an awesome yet balanced tool for her. Maybe give it the same start up as her present f-tilt, because this move would have actual utility for it's slower start up.

That's just me though. What are you gorls' thoughts on it? Have any other ideas for this move or another?

Look at Kenshi's arm when his blue projection comes out, but also imagine the projection's sword in his hand during the motion. Or maybe it'll be just like the blue projection's animation
Or think something like Marcina's u-tilt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should I make a new thread?

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Okay so I wrote something up on @S.F.L.R_9 's thread, but I know nobody leaves here. (It's so scary outside of here ;____; ) So I'm going to copy and paste it here to see what you think :^)

So I've been thinking for a little bit. I remember that most, if not all, of us agree that Zelda is a product of a flawed design. I also noticed that there tends to be talk of how to "fix" one of her moves through her frame data, but I don't think there's been any talk of just changing the move altogether. She's been stuck with almost the same moveset for the past 15-ish years, so why not introduce new ideas that could spice her up a little. I also didn't feel like making a new thread for this. :^)

F-tilt is one of her moves that bothers me the most. What is it supposed to do? Cover an approach, straight up punish, take a moveslot? It just makes no sense to me. It's disjointed, but it also drags her hurtbox with it; it's fairly slow; it's a lackluster punish tool; KO's around 150; and has pretty much no set-ups into or out of it.

What could it be changed to?

I was thinking maybe she can just arc her arm as it materializes her rapier from TP. It would be a pure disjoint and give some much needed range to her. The rapier would begin to fade after it passes the shoulder, but would disappear when it reached her other shoulder. Maybe the sweetspot could be directly perpendicular to her model. The hitboxes in front of her would send them outwards to shut down grounded approaches, and the one's above her shoulder (where it begins to fade) could knock them upwards (in tumble? :D) for a possible (standard) n-air/f-air follow up. As for KO potential, I'm not sure if it would be too good of a move if it killed at around 120 (sweetspotted).As far as frame data goes, I'm not sure what would make this an awesome yet balanced tool for her. Maybe give it the same start up as her present f-tilt, because this move would have actual utility for it's slower start up.

That's just me though. What are you gorls' thoughts on it?

Look at the blue projection
Or think something like Marcina's u-tilt.
I assume Zelda is the one on the right yes?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
When you're trying to do your History homework, but it's about Robert E. Lee, and you're related to Robert E. Lee, and you can't stop thinking about the fact that you're related to Robert E. Lee.

I can't do this.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
When you're trying to do your History homework, but it's about Robert E. Lee, and you're related to Robert E. Lee, and you can't stop thinking about the fact that you're related to Robert E. Lee.

I can't do this.
Mark Twain relative over here gorl.
Thankfully I haven't had to read anything he's written yet at school, that'll get awkward quick.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm like George W. Bush's 5th cousin or something.

Guess that means I'll be next in line to run for president after Jeb's done.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

I can't do this.
I'm related to my grandpa.

He's pretty great imo

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
But Samus is a sexy bounty hunter who takes no prisoners. Macchiato can't help it.

View attachment 69067
But Samus and Zero Suit Samus are 2 COMPLETELY different characters!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_zlCfzSjK694CuEZkMV.jpg

(I'm sorry I just have all of these pictures of Zelda with glitched faces in Hyrule Warriors and I needed to use one.)

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
But Samus and Zero Suit Samus are 2 COMPLETELY different characters!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

(I'm sorry I just have all of these pictures of Zelda with glitched faces in Hyrule Warriors and I needed to use one.)
You somehow took away my childhood innocence and I haven't had that for like 10 years.....

Wtf

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
More dinosaur **** from me.

Basically, I've started something new with my blog, titled 'Paleo-Profiles.' They're pretty much monthly biographies of various prehistoric animals, ranging from Dimetrodon to Smilodon. Unlike my other posts, these are specifically targeted towards a high-school audience, mainly to help with research projects/school stuff and whatnot (it's why EVERY post will always have sources). Plus, it gives all that reading I do when writing book reviews an actual purpose. Each profile will also correlate with previous posts. Example, once I get around to reviewing Tracking Tyrannosaurs (really good book btw), the following Paleo Profile is most certainly going to be T. rex.

The first Paleo Profile is Gorgosaurus/Albertosaurus, two contemporary tyrannosaurids from the Campanian of the Late Cretaceous. Thought it'd be interesting for those into this kind of stuff: http://raptorrexdinosauria.blogspot.com/2015/08/paleo-profiles-albertosaurusgorgosaurus.html

*Crawls back into hole*

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Smh I hate those moments on FG when you fight someone who has like perfect understanding of how to use like every character and suddenly you're on a huge losing streak but you can't just leave, you know? You gotta beat them a couple of times. So you stay and once you're finally about to win, with a considerable lead in %, something extremely jank happens and you lose, then they taunt and leave, leaving you the saltiest person alive.

(Smh Mario caping my recovery right when I'm about to win ugh **** nothing can heal my :shaker:)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and doing research on Modern Artists inspired by Josef Muller-Brockmann. :V

Also, curious on whether Shulk's Stage Clear theme will be his Smash Victory Theme in Super Mario Maker. :3

Last edited:
Happy birthday Latte!

Don't switch to Samus like what Macchi did

Yeh. Okay, I feel like puking all of a sudden

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I just checked the forum I have to use for submitting my University work.

And I noticed my Tutor posted a Toy Story Meme.
"Deadlines. Deadlines everywhere."

^mfw Tutor posts a Meme.

i respect opinions so im ok

gonna go on the s4 grind hard on friday. 10 hours of s4. might practice perfect pivoting and some other techs

gonna practice shulk, palu, fox, greninja and sheik

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think Samus is better than Zelda, get at me
HmMmMmM I could see why but overall I feel like Zelda is better as a whole, but it's w/e
Happy birthday Latte!

Don't switch to Samus like what Macchi did

Yeh. Okay, I feel like puking all of a sudden
He has to, he mains whoever I main atm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom