• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That there description sounds like my main Mewtwo, you know.

Also I'm not sure if it's fair to consider projectile normals as disjoints. Villager's actual disjoints save for his turnips aren't that notable.
ever since i saw @AceStarThe3rd 's undefeatable that put Villager's F-tilt I have been really been more successful with the move's Disjoint. seriously pivot F-tilt is the truth
Floatiness - :4zelda:
Disjoints - :4zelda:
Projectiles - :4zelda:
Good recovery - :4zelda:

:secretkpop:
OK! OK! I'll Try mewtwo again when I get the chance

also @Project Crysis and @XcerosZeku are forcing Luma and Rosalina on me I got to admit they're pretty natural to me which makes me sad considering that they are supposed to be the super hardcore difficult characters because they are the puppet character. They'll probably make me play as them again.

Zelda is fun for like a few battles then she becomes completely unfun due to having terribly redundant aerials IMO
Sheik is floaty
on the moon

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Can someone make a joke flying over someone's head image like diddy's up air?

Except use Sheik's ftilt instead of Diddy?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
custom for glory tournaments are fun with Robin when you give her speed boosting equipment.

I also main Robin now. sorry friends. Still play zelda occasionally too though. I've offically given up on Rosalina I think. I've stagnated too hard with her and I have zero motivation to shake off the rust. Goodnight sweet space elsa, it was fun while it lasted.

i should have seen it coming tbqh. Even when I first got sm4sh I could never stick with Rosalina for too long because she got tiresome really fast. I don't know who else to play now though. Going though a secondary crisis I guess. D: At least I have Robin.

anywho, how is everyone today?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Why is Captain Falcon so stupid to deal with? :c
Insane Dash grab plus ludicrous reward off said dash grab.
you litterally spend the entire battle praying you didn't get dash grabbed

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs @ Nammy12 Nammy12 .

I swear, C. Falcon is a Low Risk, High Reward fighter. :V
Urk, really do not like fighting him.

It always feels like whenever I have a lead, I either let my guard down or think it's going to be an easy match afterwards. D:
I need to relax a bit too, need to stop spot dodging and stop firing out Smashes like an idiot again.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
GGs @ Nammy12 Nammy12 .

I swear, C. Falcon is a Low Risk, High Reward fighter. :V
Urk, really do not like fighting him.

It always feels like whenever I have a lead, I either let my guard down or think it's going to be an easy match afterwards. D:
I need to relax a bit too, need to stop spot dodging and stop firing out Smashes like an idiot again.
GG
Bleh, I'm rusty. Haven't played 1v1 in a while.

Falcon is pretty stupid. I hate fighting him but playing as him is fun lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GG
Bleh, I'm rusty. Haven't played 1v1 in a while.

Falcon is pretty stupid. I hate fighting him but playing as him is fun lol.
I do feel like Falcon really could have those disjoints nerfed, but that's just my own opinion. And my opinions can be pretty stupid. :V

Why does it feel so satisfying to get a kill with Mewtwo's FAir!? I've managed to get that numerous times during out matches.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sounds right. Talking about Falco makes me wanna dabble with him more. Something a bit random about the character but I don't really hear much people talk about Falco's d-tilt. It's all about his u-throw > aerial or d-throw > aerial. I think Falco's d-tilt is a super solid combo starter and correct me if I'm wrong, but d-tilt is also safe on shield if you space it well enough. So yeah, it's a good move to throw out at the neutral and you can rack up so much damage from landing the move. It also helps in making Falco's neutral less predictable since as far as I know, the main plan of Falco is to space with b-airs and f-tilts, and go for the grabs when the opportunity arises. If this was known already theeen well ****. My B

Also, I found a solution to my secondary maining issues. I decided to make use of that random icon in Brawl. So now, I main Shulk AND Random.
We don't talk about Bair a lot either. :p

Dtilt is -9 on shield after shield drop if you hit with the 12% or 11% hitbox or -10% if you hit with the 9% disjoint. The closest to that would be jab 1 and Ftilt which are -11. On hit, it's +10 with the 12% hit, +3 with the 11% hit, and +2 with the 9% hit at 0%. In comparison, jab 1 is -4 and Ftilt is -11. On the ground, Dtilt is Falco's safest move on hit and on shield. Falco's Dtilt is probably the dumbest move in the game. It killed in Melee and Brawl, but not to the extent in Smash 4. You'd think a bird swiping his tail would just be like a feather duster brushing your legs, but nope, it knocks you into the air and presumably slashes your ankles. Falco's Dtilt is stronger than Ike's Dtilt even with the 9% hit. A freaking tail is stronger than a two-handed sword. Let me remind you that two-handed swords weren't made for cutting. They were meant for crushing and hacking, so when Ragnell sweeps your legs, it's probably supposed to be crippling you and rendering your legs into a mess of broken bones and muscles.

What we should talk about is Falco's perfect pivot usage. Perfect pivot Dtilt was used a lot in a match with GimR and after that... yeah... Falco slides back and with the disjoint, this stupid move would be clipping a ton of people. Perfect pivot Ftilt should be useful for retreating pokes and A2 talked about perfect pivot Utilts as being good, but I've only seen False do it as part of a combo demonstration. I've never done a perfect pivot and don't intend to because of the Circle Pad. Been dabbling with anti-airing with Side Smash since it's transcendent and arcs over Falco's body - idea came from watching someone talk about Nash's anti-air options in Street Fighter V. Probably the better usage of Side Smash outside of punishes. There's also land trapping with Up Smash, but I only have a concept: Uair or an empty jump to bait an air dodge or something and when they try to land, Up Smash them. Other Up Smash usage would be for edgeguarding since it has a lot of active frames. A2 talked about it and Keitaro has done it before. Issue is that it's situational since you need someone to land into it.

Falco dtilt leads into stuff only like under 30% lol
Pretty much after that percent is when Falco has nothing guaranteed anymore. You could try for a fast fall Nair to something, but that's like trying to land a Fox jab. It's not going to be easy. Falco is only guaranteed a hit or a miss. That's pretty much how Wolf's combos work in PM unlike other characters where 1 hit means you're effectively screwed in PM and Smash 4.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
hey gorls can you recommend me a character to play when I get bored of Villager/Swordfighter
Here's what I like in a character:
Floatiness
Disjoints
Projectiles
Not A Godawful Recovery

here I'll translate the statement above

:/
Er... Peach?

Floatiness - Gee, I wonder?
Disjoints - Side Smash, Uair, Fair, and Parasol. I think her Utilt and Up Smash are disjoints too, but I'm not sure. Oh, and Toad too 'cause his "counter" is actually a projectile of steaming mushroom gas.
Projectiles - Vegetable and Toad gas. Does Peach Bomber count?
Not A Godawful Recovery - Float and Parasol. So, really good horizontal recovery and good vertical recovery.

Bowser Jr., Mr. Game & Watch, the Pits, Charizard, Toon Link, Pac-Man, Palutena, and even Duck Hunt would count. I say even because if Duck Hunt doesn't have a Can out, they're kind of screwed. Marth and Lucina don't have projectiles, but they would have counted for the rest of everything. Mega Man would count for everything, but floatiness. Hell, even Bowser counts for everything except for maybe disjoints - he has partial invincibility instead - and his recovery... I think. Projectile depends since with customs, he and Charizard have actual projectiles, but their flamethrower does count as a projectile, albeit a close range one.

Edit: Kirby too even though his only projectile is Final Cutter's shockwave and himself during Stone. Recovery depends. Ditto with Yoshi except his only projectile is Egg Throw and himself during Egg Roll. :p

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Maybe I should change my Right Control Stick back to Tilts instead of Smashes. But then I'll probably have to get accustom to doing Smashes again with the Left Control Stick and A button.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Tfw you've invested 200k in turnips and prices won't stop going down.
Sell them now or wait find someone whose Re-tail has a better Turnip trend I'll check my game in an hour
(you really should be making your decision thursday morning)

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
It's been a while since I've been to a local. Hope I didn't get rusty, I'm planning to go again this week. I'm surprised at how much it's growing, first time I went there were about 26 people entered. Couple weeks later, 60 or so entrants.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I thought the Zelda social is always posting?
Whatever. Is anyone interested if Cup Head?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm wondering if I should sellout and use a better character at a tourney tomorrow. But then again Zelda is my best by quite a bit....oh, but the horde of Luigis.....

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda used to be my best too. Like I tried even the easy good characters and failed.
My Robin has overall better results now. I am one with the turtles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom