• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I thought the Zelda social is always posting?
Whatever. Is anyone interested if Cup Head?
It looks so much fun! I love the art style. Honestly, that game and (limited) backwards compatibility are persuading me to get an Xbox One over a PS4 in the future.

And happy birthday @Latte! :starman:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The Robin social want Halberd, Skyloft, Wuhu Island and PKMN Stadium 2 to all be legal stages

MFW

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Robin social want Halberd, Skyloft, Wuhu Island and PKMN Stadium 2 to all be legal stages

MFW
I started the discussion on Pokémon Stadium 2. :awesome:

Seriously though, what's wrong with it?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't see what the problem is with Halberd. Low ceiling is awkward, but you can just ban it against the likes of :rosalina:. Plus, hazards are super telegraphed, so it's entirely your own fault if you get hit by them. Neither of those things say "banned" to me.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
"WHAAAAAT."-Your signature line from the old Brawl social :secretkpop:

Did I use the right amount of A's?...
Ugh Dan it's "WHAAAAAAT." not "WHAAAAAT." Geez :^) I remember it by knowing that there are 10 characters counting the period
But what about "I have nothing significant to say".?

Also please no Skyloft, Wuhu, and ESPECIALLY Stadium 2. Those all suck. ESPECIALLY STADIUM 2 why would you ever want that legal

At least it's sorta fun in casual matches.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Flying, Electric, and Ice.
Two physics changes and 1 stupid treadmill placements. Compared to stage transitions allowing kills to happen earlier, stage hazards like on Halberd, and let's add water as well allowing for easier spike situations in Delfino, it seems pretty tame and more like Castle Siege with some stage obstructions and 1 temporary walk-off.

Don't forget Ground being a campfest

It's the least problematic transformation tho lol
Compared to Pokémon Stadium 1's ground transformation... yeah...

I don't see what the problem is with Halberd. Low ceiling is awkward, but you can just ban it against the likes of :rosalina:. Plus, hazards are super telegraphed, so it's entirely your own fault if you get hit by them. Neither of those things say "banned" to me.
I think we should have all stages banned except for Final Destination and Battlefield. Coin flip and die, everyone. :p

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This is like the argument of every single person who wants X stage to be legal though.

I'm not sure why should we bother with a stage that transforms into a campfest (Ground), an essentially waste of a minute of time (Flying), a stage that punishes running (Ice), and a stage that very unfairly favours the person with stage control (Electric),

I do admit the neutral PKMN Stadium is probably the best stage in the game, but it's unfortunate that these transformations are incredibly terrible and put many characters at a disadvantage.

This is the problem. You can use your ban against Rosalina for Halberd, but you essentially only have one ban left for a plethora of stages that Rosalina still thrives in (TC, Dreamland, Delfino). Having Halberd legal gives some characters a severe and unfair advantage over others. I really do not believe that a stage that can kill from a Dthrow at 0% with rage (which is a very possible situation even in tourneys) should be legal.

The hazards I admit are really not THAT bad, but would I bet my tournament life to go on that stage and expect that it would go smoothly? No. There's always that doubt, and if that one day the stage and circumstances decide to not go in your favour, well, you might have just got eliminated in the tourney by RNG, not by being outplayed.

D

Deleted member

Ugh Dan it's "WHAAAAAAT." not "WHAAAAAT." Geez :^) I remember it by knowing that there are 10 characters counting the period
But what about "I have nothing significant to say".?

Also please no Skyloft, Wuhu, and ESPECIALLY Stadium 2. Those all suck. ESPECIALLY STADIUM 2 why would you ever want that legal

At least it's sorta fun in casual matches.
OKAY RICK I'M SORRY I DON'T HAVE A GOOD MEMORY. But I didn't forget about "I have nothing significant to say" :p

Sigh, I wish that thread was still alive...people are still posting in it thinking it's an arena smh.

Last edited by a moderator:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Nah the low ceiling is bull**** when most characters have a HOO-HAH & could potentially kill at fraudulent %s almost anywhere on the stage.

And any stage that has hazards that get in the way & could kill like the Combo Cannon should not be legal at all. The claw especially is ********.
Compared to Pokémon Stadium 1's ground transformation... yeah..
Except PS1 doesn't have silliness like Wind or Electric in PS2

Also, if we could we probably would've banned PS1 a while ago in Muhley because of the transformations (with Plup's losses at CEO being reasons supporting it to be banned, losing to both Leffen & Mango because of the transformations). But the reason we haven't is because there wouldn't be enough stages in Muhley. Hopefully 20XXTE is a success in the future

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well at least Stadium 2 has one redeeming feature: the ability to sass walk on the treadmill.

D

Deleted member

The Robins are making bad selections of stages to legalize.

We need to legalize Palutena's Temple, obviously. One of the most balanced stages in the game! :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Woolly World is actually an incredibly hilarious and fun stage, but it's no damn way competitively legal because it's huge with walkoffs and stuff so yay for camping.

But imagine if there was a "hazards on/off" button in Sm4sh.

Suddenly, PKMN Stadium 2 is the best stage in the game.

We could have Pyrosphere, Skyworld, Kalos Pokemon League, probably Norfair as well.

IMAGINE THAT WE COULD HAVE THE FREEDOM OF BANNING TOWN AND CITY WHEN WE HAVE SO MANY GOOD STAGES.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Woolly World is actually an incredibly hilarious and fun stage, but it's no damn way competitively legal because it's huge with walkoffs and stuff so yay for camping.

We could have Pyrosphere, Skyworld, Kalos Pokemon League, probably Norfair as well.

IMAGINE THAT WE COULD HAVE THE FREEDOM OF BANNING TOWN AND CITY WHEN WE HAVE SO MANY GOOD STAGES.
Pyrosphere is huge, camping oppertunies

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

Don't forget Wily's Castle

That stage would be legit without the Yellow Devil

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
if you gorls ever feel that you are atrocious in the game

never forget the name "MAD-DAWG"
you'll feel better about yourself

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Two physics changes and 1 stupid treadmill placements. Compared to stage transitions allowing kills to happen earlier, stage hazards like on Halberd, and let's add water as well allowing for easier spike situations in Delfino, it seems pretty tame and more like Castle Siege with some stage obstructions and 1 temporary walk-off.
Excuse me? Physics changes aren't banworthy?

Heck, maybe we should just add in Special Mode counterpicking while we're at it. Maybe we should add in items.

#adapt am I right?

also btw I don't think any Brawl stages should be legal except Smashville and Lylat

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Heck, maybe we should just add in Special Mode counterpicking while we're at it. Maybe we should add in items.

#adapt am I right?

also btw I don't think any Brawl stages should be legal except Smashville and Lylat
first of all thats the slippery slope
second of all i love you for wanting to ban castle seige

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I swear online connection has been more and more shoddy with each and every patch.
I literally cannot connect online despite being able to watch youtube on my comp with no problem

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

#adapt am I right?

Physics changes that aren't super damaging to anyone. It's not like gravity is made to a point where Little Mac can't even jump anymore and Fox instantly drops dead if he so much as leaves the stage. Or something like a poisonous swamp where you're screwed no matter what. Flying only extends air time and isn't like Ganondorf jumps and now he's almost past the blast zone. It's more like a reduction in fall speed. As for ice physics, well, we all hate ice physics. They only last for a short amount of time too. No changes to knockback, extreme changes to gravity, or stuff like DoT areas or the instant kill things on The Great Cave Offensive.

I wonder if people would be okay with this stage selection. Starters: Battlefield/Miiverse, Final Destination, and Smashville. Counterpicks: Dream Land, Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise, and Town and City. Notice how Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, and whatever else isn't on there. Notice how none of the stages can transform and if they do, it's really freaking minor like the platforms on Town and City. I would love to put Peach's Castle (64), but that's not going to happen now will it? Oh, and I hate Smashville and Town and City, so let's remove them too. There you go, Battlefield/Miiverse and Final Destination as starters and Duck Hunt, Green Greens, and Lylat Cruise as counterpicks. ISN'T IT HILARIOUS HOW THERE'S 3 VERSIONS OF BATTLEFIELD?! LAUGH WITH ME!!!

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Physics changes that aren't super damaging to anyone. It's not like gravity is made to a point where Little Mac can't even jump anymore and Fox instantly drops dead if he so much as leaves the stage. Or something like a poisonous swamp where you're screwed no matter what. Flying only extends air time and isn't like Ganondorf jumps and now he's almost past the blast zone. It's more like a reduction in fall speed. As for ice physics, well, we all hate ice physics. They only last for a short amount of time too. No changes to knockback, extreme changes to gravity, or stuff like DoT areas or the instant kill things on The Great Cave Offensive.

I wonder if people would be okay with this stage selection. Starters: Battlefield/Miiverse, Final Destination, and Smashville. Counterpicks: Duck Hunt, Green Greens, Lylat Cruise, and Town and City. Notice how Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, and whatever else isn't on there. Notice how none of the stages can transform and if they do, it's really freaking minor like the platforms on Town and City. I would love to put Peach's Castle (64), but that's not going to happen now will it? Oh, and I hate Smashville and Town and City, so let's remove them too. There you go, Battlefield/Miiverse and Final Destination as starters and Duck Hunt, Green Greens, and Lylat Cruise as counterpicks. ISN'T IT HILARIOUS HOW THERE'S 3 VERSIONS OF BATTLEFIELD?! LAUGH WITH ME!!!
Physics changes are super damaging to everyone. How are you going to even practice? Pick the stage and wait 40 seconds for it to maybe show up for 15? Ice basically gives Greninja his DACUS back, characters like Robin can't even move on the electric transformation, and don't get me started on the fact that the Flying portion completely ruins Wario Waft as a kill option.

Also, t's Dream Land, not Green Greens. Green Greens is the one with the exploding blocks.

I think we should do Japan rulesets. For example, Hyper Sumabato:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Omega Gaur Plains

Counterpicks
Town and City
Other Omegas

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
New Zelda combo!

Jab>Fair guaranteed on Luigi from 0-40%. 28%, 4 hit combo. It's easiest to do around the 20% mark. No rage. Jab was spaced.

tumblr_nga7fkkePI1tsw010o1_500.gif

BAN•ZELDA

I don't care if this was already known let me have my moment

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think we should do Japan rulesets. For example, Hyper Sumabato:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Omega Gaur Plains

Counterpicks
Town and City
Other Omegas
The hell? Omegas? Omegas with walls and omegas with Final Destination's regular format should be separated, but that would be freaking hell to do. Let's also mention how apparently, the terrain does affect movement like how Windy Hill Zone's grass does actually do something other than be grass.

The starters have two Final Destinations and counterpicks have other Final Destinations. Maybe going with just Final Destination and Battlefield only for stages would be better. Flip and coin and die, everyone. People ***** so much about Halberd and Delfino, so let's remove them. People don't like Castle Siege, so let's get rid of that too. Just static stages with very few changes.

Starters
Battlefield/Miiverse - you ban one; you ban the other.
Final Destination/Omega Gaur Plains, Suzaku Castle, Palutena's Castle, or any Omega that follows the FD layout
Smashville

Counterpicks
Dream Land
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

7 stages. 3 of which have static platforms in a Battlefield layout: Battlefield/Miiverse, Dream Land - only stage with an effect: Whispy Woods blowing wind -, and Lylat Cruise - only tilting stage -, Final Destination is the only flat stage, Duck Hunt, Smashville, and Town and City are the only "dynamic" stages, but are otherwise, generally flat. No transformations, no hazards, no walk-offs, no BS. Simple and clean.

What's funny is none of this matters. Even if we banned Smashville, people would agree to go to Smashville.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The hell? Omegas? Omegas with walls and omegas with Final Destination's regular format should be separated, but that would be freaking hell to do. Let's also mention how apparently, the terrain does affect movement like how Windy Hill Zone's grass does actually do something other than be grass.

The starters have two Final Destinations and counterpicks have other Final Destinations. Maybe going with just Final Destination and Battlefield only for stages would be better. Flip and coin and die, everyone. People ***** so much about Halberd and Delfino, so let's remove them. People don't like Castle Siege, so let's get rid of that too. Just static stages with very few changes.

Starters
Battlefield/Miiverse - you ban one; you ban the other.
Final Destination/Omega Gaur Plains, Suzaku Castle, Palutena's Castle, or any Omega that follows the FD layout
Smashville

Counterpicks
Dream Land
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

7 stages. 3 of which have static platforms in a Battlefield layout: Battlefield/Miiverse, Dream Land - only stage with an effect: Whispy Woods blowing wind -, and Lylat Cruise - only tilting stage -, Final Destination is the only flat stage, Duck Hunt, Smashville, and Town and City are the only "dynamic" stages, but are otherwise, generally flat. No transformations, no hazards, no walk-offs, no BS. Simple and clean.

What's funny is none of this matters. Even if we banned Smashville, people would agree to go to Smashville.
Many of my region's players want a stage list that is similar to this, but instead of a starter/counterpick stage list, just make them all potential stages you can choose from the get-go in game 1. Such players feel they shouldn't be restricted to not go to say Lylat or Duck Hunt first game if both players end up not wanting to go to other stages.

Battlefield
FD
Smashville
Town and City
Dreamland
Lylat
Duck Hunt

Making this a 7 stage list, with game 1 decided by a 2-3-1 ban formation IIRC. I honestly think this is pretty legit, and if we do end of restricting ourselves to 7 stages in the near future, I'd most definitely get rid of the counterpick/starter thing too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
At the same time, I would like the removal of Smashville and Town and City from the game. I hate those stages. People talk all about how Bowser and Fox thrive on Battlefield, but most of the time, it's just Smashville, Smashville, and Smashville... People are like, Lylat Cruise hurts Fox and Falco's laser game... and we're on Smashville, Smashville, and Smashville... Seriously! If you know so-and-so is advantaged or disadvantaged on a stage, then choose accordingly. People whine about Castle Siege and whine about Villager, but they take Villager back to Smashville. ARE YOU STUPID? GO ON CASTLE SIEGE. GO SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU AREN'T A MASSIVE HIT ME SIGN!

we should like, pay attention to the 3DS stagelist!
Prism Tower would have been a sick stage for competitions. Why? It's Delfino, but without water. It only has a walk off while the rest are just platforms.

Top Bottom