• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
"I'd rather have a toxic and productive board rather than a fluffly sanctuary dedicated to raising fragile children, who are easily hurt by what others say on the internet."
Actual comment with 3 likes on Link Social
WTF is up with that thread?!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Saw Gintama 2015 and Ore Monogatari!!'s newest episodes.

Gintama was hilarious as usual. And it was kinda disgusting with some of the confessions that happened.

Not spoiling what happened in Ore Monogatari!!'s. Other than it was Takeo's birthday.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
"I'd rather have a toxic and productive board rather than a fluffly sanctuary dedicated to raising fragile children, who are easily hurt by what others say on the internet."
Actual comment with 3 likes on Link Social
WTF is up with that thread?!
Because apparently being productive entirely depends on just how much of a jerk you are.

That board lol.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The good ol' weapon swap glitch. I really wish it never got patched so I could experience/listen to this first hand.

How crazy would it be if we could Weapon Swap with Tingle?
Also when does Zelda ever sing like that?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

@ Ffamran Ffamran

Who's ready for Smash 5 designs? :V
... Really, developers? I know feathers aren't a common thing, but why does it look like Falco's head has fur instead of feathers? Also, his head looks a bit big compared to his skinnier body... His neck looking like it's skinny too doesn't help. He looks so goofy and cartoon-y compared to Fox, Slippy, and Peppy. Fox looks so fuzzy. Heh, the triangles on their belts reminds me of Zelda; I wonder if that's a shout out since, y'know, Star Fox and Zelda being Nintendo franchises. Also, Falco's sleeves have those gold bands like on Big Boss's Sneaking Suit in Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. Another shout out since Platinum Games worked on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Cool that they have some personalization with their jackets other than Fox rolls his sleeves up and Falco has bell-bottom sleeves.

Those metal boots... I wonder if those could justify stronger kicks... Yesh, Falco with a frame 4, 15% Bair... *Fox gets a frame 6 Ganondorf Ftilt* :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I dunno, I still can't agree to restricting Miis to 1111 and guests only, regardless of anyone's opinions on customs for other characters

for example, I presume the idea behind restricting them to guests is so they're all 50-50 height and weight, but the problem there is that the guests aren't actually 50-50 height-weight
Wait, guest Miis aren't default height and weight?

Also, I too find it ridiculous that people are restricting us to 1111. They say it's to keep things "fair", but it's most likely just because they're afraid of Helicopter Kick. If they're so scared of one move, just ban that one move, rather than restrict 3 whole characters' potential. Bleeegh whatever. I'm just gonna stick to 1111 for all of the Miis anyways.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just need to ask something about the last clause because I've never gotten clarification. If my opponent and I agree to go on Gamer, can we? Because I want to do that at some point lol.
Ruleset said:
Gentleman’s Clause: In the case where both players agree to play on a banned stage , then it is legal to play on for that set
Gamer is a banned stage (it's not on the legal stage list provided), so yes. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why do you need clarification? Its meaning is very clear imo.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Gamer is a banned stage (it's not on the legal stage list provided), so yes. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why do you need clarification? Its meaning is very clear imo.
Because I was unsure if by banned stages it meant stages that were striked. I've also never seen it happen in a tournament ever.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I just need to ask something about the last clause because I've never gotten clarification. If my opponent and I agree to go on Gamer, can we? Because I want to do that at some point lol.
If there is Gentleman's Clause on (& most tournaments do this) then yea you can =P

If there is money involved tho the chances of that happening are p slim tho

I dunno, I still can't agree to restricting Miis to 1111 and guests only, regardless of anyone's opinions on customs for other characters

for example, I presume the idea behind restricting them to guests is so they're all 50-50 height and weight, but the problem there is that the guests aren't actually 50-50 height-weight
The idea is really just to "normalising" them, since changing the height or the weight changes stuff like range & the size of the Mii's hitboxes & hurtboxes & that just becomes a cluster**** to learn their MU.

Also, I too find it ridiculous that people are restricting us to 1111. They say it's to keep things "fair", but it's most likely just because they're afraid of Helicopter Kick. If they're so scared of one move, just ban that one move, rather than restrict 3 whole characters' potential. Bleeegh whatever. I'm just gonna stick to 1111 for all of the Miis anyways.
Nah. It's more like why should we give three characters special treatment to access their customs when everyone else is limited to 1111 in a custom-less meta

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The difference in size is very noticeable if you line them up against an actual 50-50 Mii

(the one on the right is the 50-50 Brawler)
Guest B:
guestB.png

Guest C:
guestC.png

Didn't check weights yet, but you can almost tell from the images that those are different too

Nah. It's more like why should we give three characters special treatment to access their customs when everyone else is limited to 1111 in a custom-less meta
Because Miis were clearly explicitly designed to be customisable, that's like the entire reason they exist. There's also no limit to the number you can create, and they have all unlocked by default, so that defeats the logistics argument as well (equipment is still at the mercy of the RNG though, so they shouldn't have those)

Last edited:

Soul.

Allowing Miis to use their customs should only be a thing because their specials are not customs, they're other specials.
inb4 "Will Palutena have the same treatment?"

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
How crazy would it be if we could Weapon Swap with Tingle?
Also when does Zelda ever sing like that?
It never happens during the game outside the glitch. Which sucks very badly because I really enjoy listening to it.:(

My guess is that weapon swapping was intended, but it got scrapped at some point during development and they just left the voice clip in the game.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
inb4 "Will Palutena have the same treatment?"
But if that happens with the Miis, then you're basically forced to do the same with Palutena because it's the same exact circumstance with her.

But I doubt the Miis and Tuna will be able to use their customs in the default meta anytime soon, so it's not like it really matters anyway.

Last edited:

Soul.

But if that happens with the Miis, then you're basically forced to do the same with Palutena because it's the same exact circumstance with her.

But I doubt the Miis and Tuna will be able to use their customs in the default meta anytime soon, so it's not like it really matters anyway.
Not to mention, if you do the same thing with Palutena, you basically turn customs on in a customs off tourney/whatever.
This thing is a logistical nightmare idk why do people bother with this. I understand the fact that both Mii Fighters and Palutena are bad in default, but still.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
The difference in size is very noticeable if you line them up against an actual 50-50 Mii

(the one on the right is the 50-50 Brawler)
Guest B:
View attachment 66393
Guest C:
View attachment 66394

Didn't check weights yet, but you can almost tell from the images that those are different too

Because Miis were clearly explicitly designed to be customisable, that's like the entire reason they exist. There's also no limit to the number you can create, and they have all unlocked by default, so that defeats the logistics argument as well (equipment is still at the mercy of the RNG though, so they shouldn't have those)
Just because they were designed to be customisable still doesn't mean they should get a free pass on their custom moves in a competitive setting. You either let everyone have their customs or none or else it'll be going down some slippery slope. It's a shame really but it has to be done

And I believe there is a limit but it's like 100 or something(?)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Why would anyone want to use Lana's gate of souls weapon? It's a complete pos.
I love the Gate of Souls. It's good, but pretty laggy.

Just because they were designed to be customisable still doesn't mean they should get a free pass on their custom moves in a competitive setting. You either let everyone have their customs or none or else it'll be going down some slippery slope. It's a shame really but it has to be done

And I believe there is a limit but it's like 100 or something(?)
I'm fine with this, tbh. I just wish people would stop banning the Miis altogether. :/

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I love the Gate of Souls. It's pretty good, but pretty laggy.

I'm fine with this, tbh. I just wish people would stop banning the Miis altogether. :/
Yea banning Miis is actually ******** lol

And Gate of Souls is only good if you get the Dragon

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
GOS is a terrible weapon. It's slow, with bad damage output, only has one good attack that is the lv 4 Dragon, and leaves Lana vulnerable. Beating the lv3 GOS adventure challenge was a royal pain.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I do not see how allowing Miis to have their custom moves available and not the rest of the characters to be going down a slippery road. Customs On or Customs Off IMO is the wrong word to use, the ruleset should be based on toggling the "Customization" button on the select screen on or off. Turning it off prevents normal characters from accessing their custom moves, but does NOT restrict the ability for Miis to use their customizable moves, as they are already pre-made sets that still can be accessed even with customization set to off.

Also, Sakurai rarely balances custom moves not named Dragon Rush and Burning Spin Dash, but he has gone all the way to balance many of the custom moves the Miis have this recent patch. It just feels like the game intended to let the Miis be free to do whatever they want, so I don't see why we should go against that. Heck, even places in Japan, the most conservative Smashers in the world, are allowing the Miis to use their "jank" customs.

I fully support Miis having access to all their custom moves. However, I personally still am torn of what size the Miis should be allowed to use. That might be saved for another discussion.

Top Bottom