• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The problem with that thread is that nearly everyone wants to buff her Brawl Minus style. :secretkpop:
I have to agree.

I can easily rattle of good and simple QoL or slight buffs for a huge majority of her moveset, (Y'know, small things that would make the move feel just a little better.) but I honestly don't see something like all of her moves getting buffed as a thing.

Also all my notes always look very minimal and hardly much in comparison to the ideas in that thread, even if I think mine are more likely ideas.

The 1.1.0 changes to Utilt and Dtilt were IDENTICAL to ideas I had come up with for singular small buffs that seemed "somewhat possible" also while not identical I had called that Jab would be fixed finishing off her QoL multi hit move fixes.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Amelia is bae.
She literally became an axe murderer in my AC fanfic brainstorms.

All she did was carry around an axe in CF and her house was 2 spaces behind mine in super stalker position smh.

I do love ha though.

What your current town personality balance, @ Antonykun Antonykun ?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

All she did was carry around an axe in CF and her house was 2 spaces behind mine in super stalker position smh.

I do love ha though.

What your current personality balance, @ Antonykun Antonykun ?
That's amazing. XD I just recommended her because she always gives me whatever I need in every game. City Folk, invitation to Redd's. New Leaf, a ton of projects including the Lighthouse. She is the absolute best bae in Animal Crossing. Her or Mint. But I only like Mint because I like mint ice cream. :/

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
acnl gorls (@ Lorde Lorde @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght @ BJN39 BJN39 , Eraser of Souls, @ Cress! Cress! ) can you recommend a villager to me? I'm not particularly picky outside of the villager not being more repulsive than a Rosalinda main
Sprinkle, Tia, Skye, Flora, Phoebe, Coco, Lolly, Pietro, Julian, Marshal, Daisy, Merengue, Gayle, Flurry...
Basically, normal and smug personalities are great and peppy is decent.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
acnl gorls (@ Lorde Lorde @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght @ BJN39 BJN39 , Eraser of Souls, @ Cress! Cress! ) can you recommend a villager to me? I'm not particularly picky outside of the villager not being more repulsive than a Rosalinda main
I hate all villagers.

They're like children.

One asked me if I wanted their shirt and I said no. Then he gave it to me anyway........

So I'm leaving it in front of his house, screw him!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Gorls I found this
BAN•ZELDA
ngl, I miss giant blast radius Brawl Din's even though it hit 1/10 times too. People used to airdodge only to get hit by it anyway.

Hellooooo Zelda social! It's been a while....again! I never get tired of saying that!

How's the new Jab and Utilt feel? Good, yes?
It's nice because these moves weren't even tr4sh before the patch and now they're legit good
But Phantom buffs are the most fun for me. It's craziness.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I do love ha though.

What your current town personality balance, @ Antonykun Antonykun ?
about as balanced as Zelda and other Zelda
3 jocks (screw Frobert) 1 Lazy 2 Normal 1 Cranky 1 Smug 1 Peppy no Uchis or Snooties
Basically i don't want another jock

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I have to agree.

I can easily rattle of good and simple QoL or slight buffs for a huge majority of her moveset, (Y'know, small things that would make the move feel just a little better.) but I honestly don't see something like all of her moves getting buffed as a thing.

Also all my notes always look very minimal and hardly much in comparison to the ideas in that thread, even if I think mine are more likely ideas.

The 1.1.0 changes to Utilt and Dtilt were IDENTICAL to ideas I had come up with for singular small buffs that seemed "somewhat possible" also while not identical I had called that Jab would be fixed finishing off her QoL multi hit move fixes.
Hmm...so can you use your foresight to predict the next buffs? :^)

Personally I'd like the things @SBphiloz4 listed earlier but with a small tweak.

- I'd like Jab to be frame 9 (2 frames faster) and Ftilt take Jab's old startup (11, so 1 frame faster).

I don't see the run speed thing happening though. We're doomed to forever be slow, it even says so on her trophy. "Quick on the draw when it comes to magic, but rather slow when moving". Funny thing is that her NON magic attacks are her fast moves.

I'm actually wondering now if we'd benefit more from less startup than less end lag. "Quick on the draw" makes me think single digit startups. Not 11 frame Jabs, 12 frame Ftilt, and 15(?) frame Fsmash. But then again that might be a little too much...

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
That trophy makes me angry every time I read it.
"quick on the draw"

SAKURAI LIED.

edit: Much quick

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Awwww he kept my first letter and says he cherishes it <3

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That trophy makes me angry every time I read it.
"quick on the draw"

SAKURAI LIED.

edit: Much quick
Wow...that is actually horrifying. I'll appreciate the current Din's more now for sure, lol.

Also I just realized that if I want to Nayru's OoS I should jump cancel it instead of shield dropping...I can't believe I'm just now figuring this out.

In fact, I think a non Zelda player posted something explaining that in the Fairy Fountain a while ago. I derped.

I see another top player has found us.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wow...that is actually horrifying. I'll appreciate the current Din's more now for sure, lol.

Also I just realized that if I want to Nayru's OoS I should jump cancel it instead of shield dropping...I can't believe I'm just now figuring this out.

In fact, I think a non Zelda player posted something explaining that in the Fairy Fountain a while ago. I derped.

you have shield dropping down consistently in smash 4?
man my 'fat' fingers always go to far even on the gc controller

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
you have shield dropping down consistently in smash 4?
man my 'fat' fingers always go to far even on the gc controller
Well I use the Pro Controller so I don't have to worry about that much. The digital button helps some.

Unless you're talking about something else..? I just let off the shield button and hit B.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Unless you're talking about something else..? I just let off the shield button and hit B.
oh I'm referring to a different technique
shield dropping is a way to drop shield on platforms with little to no lag of normally letting go of the shield button. all you gotta do is :GCRT::GCD: if you hit down at the right speed/angle instead of spot dodging or moving the shield you'll drop down from the platform. giving you access to other aerials while dropping instead of jump since most dairs are slow

you'll hear commentators talk about it all the time in melee with out explaining it

it's actually easier to do in melee (least for me), like most tech that are borrowed from melee.
instead sakurai makes dancing blade easier. like why even

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
oh I'm referring to a different technique
shield dropping is a way to drop shield on platforms with little to no lag of normally letting go of the shield button. all you gotta do is :GCRT::GCD: if you hit down at the right speed/angle instead of spot dodging or moving the shield you'll drop down from the platform. giving you access to other aerials while dropping instead of jump since most dairs are slow

you'll hear commentators talk about it all the time in melee with out explaining it

it's actually easier to do in melee (least for me), like most tech that are borrowed from melee.
instead sakurai makes dancing blade easier. like why even
Oh, I see. Yeah I haven't even bothered with that. I did it once, and it was actually by accident, lol.

So what is actually dropping shield called then?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord

Even our Tr4sh Din's is so much better than Melee Din's.

Which is extremely sad because lul Tr4sh Din's

Fab GIF courtesy of @ BJN39 BJN39

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh, I see. Yeah I haven't even bothered with that. I did it once, and it was actually by accident, lol.

So what is actually dropping shield called then?
I occasionally go check the sonic boards
there are enough terms if you ask me
General Common Terminology, Prefixes, & Suffixes:
IASA
- Interruptible As Soon As
RAR - Reverse Aerial Rush
FSJ - Footstool Jump
AT - Advanced Technique
DD - Dash Dance
SC - Shield Cancel [But can also refer to Spin Charge (context will be your best friend)]
JC - Jump Cancel
DJ - Double Jump
FJ - Full Jump
SH - Short Hop
PP - Perfect Pivot
P - Pivot
A - Aerial/Air
G - Grounded/Ground
I - Instant
i - Invincible
V - Vertical
J - Jump
R - Roll

Not-So-Basic Sonic-Specific Terminology:
SC = Spin Charge [Down-B]
ASC = Aerial Spin Charge [Aerial Down-B]
SCR = Spin Charge Roll [Grounded Spin Charge Roll]
SD = Spin Dash [Side-B]
SDH = Spin Dash Hop [Release Side-B]
SDR = Spin Dash Roll [Grounded Spin Dash Roll]
ASDR = Aerial Spin Dash Roll [When the Spin Dash Roll itself (Not an Aerial Spin Dash Hop) is airborn)]
iSDR = Invincible Spin Dash Roll [Extending Sonic's Side-B invincibility through the roll from a slope]
SJ = Spin Jump ["Tip Official" Non-Specific Spin Jump done out of Spin Dash/Charge Roll]
SCJ = Spin Charge Jump [Jump Attack done out of a Spin Charge Roll]
SDJ = Spin Dash Jump [Jump Attack done out of a Spin Dash Roll]
ISDJ = Instant Spin Dash Jump [Spin Dash Jump done immediately after inputting Side-B during a run]
VSJ = Vertical Spin Jump [Jump done in place out of Spin Dash/Spin Charge]
VSDJ = Vertical Spin Dash Jump ("New") [Spin Dash Jump done out of Spin Dash that retains its charge]
SDSC = Spin Dash Shield Cancel [Hit shield to cancel a Side-B's charge]
SHSJ = Short Hop Spin Jump [Frame specific Short Hop variant of a Spin Jump]
* Can only be done by immediately pressing jump after a Spin Dash, Spin Charge, or Spin Dash Hop, hits the ground.

BSBS = Brawl Spring Bug Stance (aka Brawl Spring Bull Sh*t aka Bull Sh*t Bull Sh*t) [Thanks Sakurai]*
* More information coming soon.

Slow Spin Roll = Slow Spin Dash/Spin Charge Roll (aka Lyric Roll) [Usually happens after it connects with a shield, etc.]
Slope Cancel = Jump Canceling Spin Dash/Spin Charge on a sloped ramp [Inputs & Information listed below]
Spinshot = Double Jump Canceled Spin Dash*/Spin Charge** [Inputs & Information listed below]
* Spin Dash Spinshot can be done both in the air and on the ground.
** Spin Charge Spinshot can only be done in the air.
Spinsh*t = A flubbed Spinshot [git gud]
Grinding = Extended Foxtrot [Input Foxtrot, return joystrick to neutral, and gently push in original direction to extend the slide of a Foxtrot]

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I teleported into a Tink who was charging a Smash and it KO'd at 40% BAN•ZELDA

I was even using the tag.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Speaking of Toon Link, I remember having a match where I just spammed Nayru's and won my matches against him. He tried grabbing me, projectiles, smashes, and the invincibility usually beat him. Probably the most fun I've ever had playing Zelda.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls, how's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just having my breakfast and I'll be looking through my first module piece to see if I do anything different from what I did last time. Also, Splatoon update today. :yeahboi:

Seems like Pokemon Diablo got updated as well, making it easier for us to get Pokemon we haven't caught. :V
And yet I'm still in need of completing my VGC team. Just need to motivate myself to get a Audino. :V

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I found out in a FG match that our Nair can interrupt Lucas's recovery if you time it right. I'm not sure on the specifics since I got hit the second time I tried it. Probably only the front works.

Also I've been getting more Nair>Stuff setups so it might be more practical than we think. And it was against an actual decent player.

Phantom is amazing at covering getup options now. I'm using it even more than usual.

Yay for Zelda! :4zelda:

EDIT: I also got a first hit Nair>Elevator on that same Lucas. It looked stylish as f so make sure to do it when you're trying to look cool. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
All the updates do is give characters windboxes so it came across my mind what if Nayru's had similar wind/hitbox to the phantom that activated while she is invincible?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
All the updates do is give characters windboxes so it came across my mind what if Nayru's had similar wind/hitbox to the phantom that activated while she is invincible?
Why not farores wind on the grounded second hit like sheiks so its harder to punish

>farores wind
>no wind

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Why not farores wind on the grounded second hit like sheiks so its harder to punish

>farores wind
>no wind
What would be the point of Farore's squall?

So with Nayru's lag I was thinking two 1 frame windboxes. One on frame 3 and another on frame 12. Now we can break combos and not trade or get grabbed by non tethers. The first windbox pulls the opponent in like Nayru's passion then the second one puts them into hitstun before the first hit

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom