• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought everyone knew Falco's B-Air was godlike.

I mean I watched Cyro play on stream and the B-Air is so strong my goodness.
I said at launch, so people probably didn't think highly of it because Falco was laser spam and chain-grabs the character in Brawl and laser spam and pillar the character in Melee. At launch, he didn't have laser spamming or chain-grabbing, so he's the new Brawl Ganondorf. Great logic, huh?

People still don't think highly of Falco's Bair or well, anyone's Bair like Ike, Dr. Mario, Greninja, Link, etc. One commentator during Keitaro's match said Falco's greatest approach is Fair... Yes, a frame 10, only has a hitbox on Falco, and 25 frames of landing lag is such a good approach compared Nair, a frame 3 move that can auto-cancel, Uair, a frame 7, auto-canceling move, and Bair a frame 4, auto-canceling move, with stupid knockback, and all of these moves when not auto-canceled only have 15 frames of landing lag.

Falco is misconception and misinformation the character of Smash 4. With Zelda, people don't know what she does other than Farore's Wind kills, so they don't say anything much other then questioning what she's doing. Greninja gets stuff like he's a harder to use Sheik, so why use him when you can laze around with Sheik? Or he's an inferior Sheik. Those two at least say Greninja's somewhat decent when he's being compared to a top tier. Falco gets stuff like he has more end lag when in reality, has more startup, Dtilt is slow, jab is slower than Fox, and one video I just watched even questioned if Falco's Dair can still spike. Are you kidding me? Then what the hell was that frame cancel video Izaw showed where Falco clearly spiked Diddy? Why is it even a frame 16 move that can't spike? It'd be the worst Dair in the game if it couldn't spike and was that weak for a frame 16 move.

The reality is that Falco is basically Melee and Brawl Falco with Charlie's Somersault Shell instead of Fox and Guile's Flash Kick, a much slower Dair, a much more useful Fair with much less landing lag courtesy of the patch, throws that have lasers functioning like his Blaster, a rapid jab finisher, with customs, a ranged version of Melee Falco's Reflector, and a borderline useless projectile not by Smash 4's standards, but by all fighting game standards which for a character who zoned and had poor mobility, was the core of his gameplay. Now, he's like King if she didn't have her Venom Strike or Kyo without his Yami Barai and no Rekka series or Iori without his flames and no claw moves like Claw Iori to make up for not having a projectile anymore. It's actually a miracle that he's standing where he is now: somewhere in low mid-tier to mid-tier instead of being the worst character when the core of your game plan was made useless. Hey, at least he's not in Samus's shoes when not only was the core of your game plan was crippled, your other game plan was made underwhelming as well. Samus's defining traits are her OOS Screw Attack and being able to true combo if she could. Yay...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I said at launch, so people probably didn't think highly of it because Falco was laser spam and chain-grabs the character in Brawl and laser spam and pillar the character in Melee. At launch, he didn't have laser spamming or chain-grabbing, so he's the new Brawl Ganondorf. Great logic, huh?

People still don't think highly of Falco's Bair or well, anyone's Bair like Ike, Dr. Mario, Greninja, Link, etc. One commentator during Keitaro's match said Falco's greatest approach is Fair... Yes, a frame 10, only has a hitbox on Falco, and 25 frames of landing lag is such a good approach compared Nair, a frame 3 move that can auto-cancel, Uair, a frame 7, auto-canceling move, and Bair a frame 4, auto-canceling move, with stupid knockback, and all of these moves when not auto-canceled only have 15 frames of landing lag.

Falco is misconception and misinformation the character of Smash 4. With Zelda, people don't know what she does other than Farore's Wind kills, so they don't say anything much other then questioning what she's doing. Greninja gets stuff like he's a harder to use Sheik, so why use him when you can laze around with Sheik? Or he's an inferior Sheik. Those two at least say Greninja's somewhat decent when he's being compared to a top tier. Falco gets stuff like he has more end lag when in reality, has more startup, Dtilt is slow, jab is slower than Fox, and one video I just watched even questioned if Falco's Dair can still spike. Are you kidding me? Then what the hell was that frame cancel video Izaw showed where Falco clearly spiked Diddy? Why is it even a frame 16 move that can't spike? It'd be the worst Dair in the game if it couldn't spike and was that weak for a frame 16 move.

The reality is that Falco is basically Melee and Brawl Falco with Charlie's Somersault Shell instead of Fox and Guile's Flash Kick, a much slower Dair, a much more useful Fair with much less landing lag courtesy of the patch, throws that have lasers functioning like his Blaster, a rapid jab finisher, with customs, a ranged version of Melee Falco's Reflector, and a borderline useless projectile not by Smash 4's standards, but by all fighting game standards which for a character who zoned and had poor mobility, was the core of his gameplay. Now, he's like King if she didn't have her Venom Strike or Kyo without his Yami Barai and no Rekka series or Iori without his flames and no claw moves like Claw Iori to make up for not having a projectile anymore. It's actually a miracle that he's standing where he is now: somewhere in low mid-tier to mid-tier instead of being the worst character when the core of your game plan was made useless. Hey, at least he's not in Samus's shoes when not only was the core of your game plan was crippled, your other game plan was made underwhelming as well. Samus's defining traits are her OOS Screw Attack and being able to true combo if she could. Yay...
Rest in Peace Sammy.

You had a good run in Melee. ;~;

I was originally going to try out Falco back when the game first came out. But since he's kinda eh, I'm glad I didn't. Still hoping for Wolf. :V

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
@ Leinacx Leinacx Has anyone welcomed you here yet? If not, I'll be the first.

Welcome!

It's nice to see a new face around here so I hope you enjoy your time here on this thread and on this site in general.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Ahh I'll try that out. But like I said before I'm not use to thinking all the time plus I'm new to fighting games but I'll try fighting against CPUs. Thanks ^_^ <3
As you start to get better at the game, you'll understand things like how frame data affects literally everything you can/should/shouldn't do, proper spacing for certain setups/attacks, mind games, different followups dependent on behavior, etc. It'll all become second nature to you the more comfortable you get. If you'd like, you could friend me and I can try to help you out on your weak areas and give general tips to boost you up to speed if you need it. I love helping people out. :grin:

Oh, and I'd also recommend going into training and practice landing sweetspots, assuming you're a Zelda main. You'll probably need to practice with Bair/Fair/Dair until you can land them reliably during a match (but keep in mind how laggy they can be).

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
@ Leinacx Leinacx Has anyone welcomed you here yet? If not, I'll be the first.
Welcome!

It's nice to see a new face around here so I hope you enjoy your time here on this thread and on this site in general.
Thank you for the warm welcome <3 I usually lurk but I still like posting my thoughts from time to time ^_^

As you start to get better at the game, you'll understand things like how frame data affects literally everything you can/should/shouldn't do, proper spacing for certain setups/attacks, mind games, different followups dependent on behavior, etc. It'll all become second nature to you the more comfortable you get. If you'd like, you could friend me and I can try to help you out on your weak areas and give general tips to boost you up to speed if you need it. I love helping people out. :grin:

Oh, and I'd also recommend going into training and practice landing sweetspots, assuming you're a Zelda main. You'll probably need to practice with Bair/Fair/Dair until you can land them reliably during a match (but keep in mind how laggy they can be).
Ahh yeah I've been doing that. I've been playing Smash 4 since it came out so I can say I have a understanding on what to do as Zelda. I would love to do a few matches but I'm currently on vacation :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Ahh yeah I've been doing that. I've been playing Smash 4 since it came out so I can say I have a understanding on what to do as Zelda. I would love to do a few matches but I'm currently on vacation :)
Well you have experience then, great! We'll have to play after you get back, I'd love to see how you play with her (since I think all of us here have slightly different ways of going about her from what I've noticed). I also meant to put a sort of greeting when I saw you were new, but forgot, so... Nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy it here and make lots of friends! :bubblebobble:

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
@ Leinacx Leinacx You'l have a significantly longer lifespan in this forum if you don't double post. The edit button is there if you really need to add something.

Also welcome!
Ahh alright, thanks for the info! :D and not to sound weird and all but I see you on Anther's Ladder since I go there too xD not Wii U though, only 3DS sadly.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Ahh alright, thanks for the info! :D and not to sound weird and all but I see you on Anther's Ladder since I go there too xD not Wii U though, only 3DS sadly.
Oh, you play there too? I remember I stayed at a high rank on the 3DS version even months after I left for the Wii U. The 3DS ladder is a lot slower than the Wii U one.

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Warning Received
Well you have experience then, great! We'll have to play after you get back, I'd love to see how you play with her (since I think all of us here have slightly different ways of going about her from what I've noticed). I also meant to put a sort of greeting when I saw you were new, but forgot, so... Nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy it here and make lots of friends! :bubblebobble:
Thank you <3 yeah we'll definitely play when I come back from vacation ^_^ it's literally been 2 weeks since I haven't played anyone then I'll most likely play awful but it's whatever :):)

Also, since I forgot to post a greeting as well...

WELCOME TO THE ZELDA SOCIAL @ Leinacx Leinacx !

I hope you get along with everyone here. :yeahboi:
Thank you for the warm welcome <3 I hope so as well ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Holy crap

The kym page is at 1,800 views. It was just at 800 last night.

We MUST DO this

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Oh, you play there too? I remember I stayed at a high rank on the 3DS version even months after I left for the Wii U. The 3DS ladder is a lot slower than the Wii U one.
Yeah most of the 3DS players left since they got a Wii U and ranking is so slow for 3DS since not a lot of people rank on 3DS (Mobile is killing me lol)

Soul.

It's kinda surprising people still play on the 3DS ladder honestly. I thought most left because of muh Wii U.
Of course 3DS has portability and ****.

Last edited:

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
It's kinda surprising people still play on the 3DS ladder honestly. I thought most left because of muh Wii U.
Of course 3DS has portability and ****.
I only have 3DS since I kinda have a strict mom and I'm not allowed to get a Wii U but oh well as long as I can play Smash I'm happy with that :p

Soul.

I only have 3DS since I kinda have a strict mom and I'm not allowed to get a Wii U but oh well as long as I can play Smash I'm happy with that :p
oh it's fine. you're playing the same game anyway. it's no big deal haha

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Welcome to the second best Social Thread right after the Smash 4 Social. Don't worry, this place is just as crazy.

And remember:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
@ Leinacx Leinacx Ahh, you only have a 3DS? Darn. I would've gotten one by now, but I've put all my money into buying a new console every year (is this why I'm broke?). I probably won't even get a 3DS at this point, but I would've loved to play you! I have no clue why you wouldn't be allowed to have a Wii U, yet you can have a 3DS, that seems absurd to me. Well, oh well, I guess I'll be looking forward to having you in our discussions, and some of the people here competent on the 3DS (me playing Smash on my friend's 3DS was sad) will surely be able to help you out instead.
You're lucky you got such a warm welcome here, I got almost nothing.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Holy crap

The kym page is at 1,800 views. It was just at 800 last night.

We MUST DO this
I found this comment on the page:
Cold Hard Cash said:
Such a pity.

It’s as if Zelda is forever doomed to wander the low tiers. If only Sakurai thought about truly improving her instead of nerfing her when Smash 4 was first released.

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone <3<3 I'll be going into lurk mode since I usually lurk :rolleyes: and I'll try to check in more often as I can ^_^

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I was talking about the social last night, and I remembered how much I missed it (even if I usually go unnoticed). So I'm gonna try to stay longer >.<

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I just discovered something which will help against Peach. When Peach is RIGHT BELOW the ledge, if you teleport cancel. It will hit her so that might help. SMH finding stuff used AGAINST my main.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I just discovered something which will help against Peach. When Peach is RIGHT BELOW the ledge, if you teleport cancel. It will hit her so that might help. SMH finding stuff used AGAINST my main.
Despite this, the fact still is:

Zelda trying to fight Peach is metaphorically displayed on the left side of the gif (it's just not working out), while Peach fighting Zelda is shown on the right (easily getting the job done). You have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
WELCOME BACK, ONE AND ALL, TO THE
PERIODIC EVENTHUBS TIER LIST

asdf.png

Once again, separated by increments of 5.

Here's the previous one (7/23/15):

asdf.png

Not much different, really.

CHANGELIST
:4sheik:
+1
:4yoshi: -1
Tier break between Captain Falcon and Lucas

:4zss: +1
:4mario: -1
:4tlink: +2
:4rob: -2
:4marth: +2
:4pit: -2
(This now puts him next to Dark Pit)
:4gaw: +3
:4bowser: +1
:4kirby: -2
:4pacman: -2
:4palutena: +1
:4metaknight: -1

Have a nice day everyone.​

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

View attachment 64222

View attachment 64227

CHANGELIST
+1

Link is a tier above Peach and Greninja (:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:) the FG/Izawmbies/youtube scrubs have spoken.

Soul.

View attachment 64222

View attachment 64227

CHANGELIST
+1

Rosalina being number 1 is all I needed to know.

Soul.

Does anyone know where to find the short hop data (if that exists, which it probably does) for characters by any chance?

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Does anyone know where to find the short hop data (if that exists, which it probably does) for characters by any chance?
You mean like their jumpsquat? Isn't that on kurogane hammer

Top Bottom