• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That's....that's high treason!

Nah I can't stop maining her. Just gonna take a break from her. Besides, my secondaries need some improvement badly. Let's just say that my odds of winning against a Sheik are actually better as Zelda, lol.
You can definitely drop her. Next to no real competitive discussion here with any substance. Like... unless you talk privately with good Zeldas to develop your library of techs (which is already quite small) and evaluate you I don't feel like you'll improve much... not because of you but rather your character and lack of competent support. Having fewer options actually limits your gameplay which limits your skill and growth since you have so little to work with.

You are literally better off speaking one-on-one with a good Zelda than relying on collective threads. Like I'm sorry... if you discuss with people that think Rosa is +2 then you're in huge trouble.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You can definitely drop her. Next to no real competitive discussion here with any substance. Like... unless you talk privately with good Zeldas to develop your library of techs (which is already quite small) and evaluate you I don't feel like you'll improve much... not because of you but rather your character and lack of competent support. Having fewer options actually limits your gameplay which limits your skill and growth since you have so little to work with.

You are literally better off speaking one-on-one with a good Zelda than relying on collective threads. Like I'm sorry... if you discuss with people that think Rosa is +2 then you're in huge trouble.
I meant I don't want to drop her. I enjoy playing her (just not right now lol) despite her flaws.

I don't agree about the "not improving much because of the character". As long as Nairo can beat me in a Zelda ditto, I still have room for improvement. Imo, there's always room for improvement no matter what character you can play.

And we do have competitive discussions! We have a MU thread, moveset thread, and a data thread that sorta doubles as a metagame thread. What else do we need?

Oh, and who said the Rosa MU was +2? That's a bit too optimistic. Even at best, and that's a stretch. More like 40:60 with Luma out and 50:50 without. So...I guess that would average to 45:55 overall.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well obviously everybody can still improve. We need different perspectives to improve I think and Zelda is just too limited for that to happen. For example... a character that relies on grabs a lot teaches you to read rolls for example. Zelda doesn't really make you do that as much so that's an important skill you're missing out on and that you may not even realize you need. Instead, Zelda has taught 90% of the players here that standing back and waiting for the approach is the way to play. Well okay. You're gonna improve for sure if you play like that.

The competitive threads here are like... oh _____ is a good option because I landed it on a FG scrub. ______ is good even though I failed to even consider what the opponent has on that. Did you see Macc's post on Rosa vs. Zelda? It's ALL Zelda can do this, this, and that but there is no mention on the fact that Zelda can't do any of those things because of how limited she is vs. Rosa. Remember when I stopped being greedy as Rosalina? Think about which Zeldas you consider good and how much they contribute here. They all hate the hell out of this board.

Like why are we still talking about fastfall nair stuff. That is seriously 2014 technology and all the Zeldas that attempt this on me never get the followup and it's a free punish. Seriously stop fishing for this guys.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Reading rolls is something every player should learn to do, no matter what. Reading in general, actually. And Zelda does get a lot off of grabs in this game. Dthrow>Nair at almost any reasonable %, Uair if they DI wrong for a nice 21%, kick setups, etc. Much better than some characters that have no throw combos at all like...Robin or Duck Hunt. You don't even have to combo. Fthrow alone does 12%, which isn't bad at all.

I don't do MU discussion very often, so I don't really have anything to say on this. But the "good" Zelda's contribute quite a bit. Evmaxy, Philoz, and BJN immediately come to mind, the former two participating in tournaments. They have done so much for Zelda. I will admit that Macci's ratios are...a bit odd, at times, but that's only one person.

The Nair is just now becoming significant because the decreased landing lag lets us have true combos off of them. Any sort of true combo into the Elevator is huge, considering that it can KO anywhere from the 70s to the 30s. We shouldn't be fishing for it though. We also shouldn't be Nairing shields hoping for the best. It's best saved as a surprise, or after an airdodge read (or a shieldbreak if you wanna be fancy).

EDIT: Unless by "good Zeldas" you meant the top players? In that case, idk why they don't come around much.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't respond to MU threads since I've only played wifi :c I have too much going on irl to take smash seriously this time.
Speaking of which, anyone want to wifi?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I haven't taken a break from playing Smash this long since a couple years ago. I'm itching to test out Falco and Zelda. Labbing used to be one of my favourite pastimes. Found a lot of...

Assuming they need both an update for the August features (tournament mode + Youtube replay sharing) and alongside future characters.
Ah, that makes sense.

Aurora2698

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aurora2698
3DS FC
1633-5618-1082
Switch FC
SW 2299 3743 5305
>tfw Luigi placed in mid-tier

I'm interested in picking up Zelda again after dropping her a while ago because I felt she was, to be quite honest, horse****. Have the buffs she's received helped her in any way?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Had my breakfast an hour ago, almost done with raising a Fletchling for my VGC team. :yeahboi:

Plus it's so hot today.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The incomprehensible stupidity of eventhubs now has Link ranked 15th above Diddy, Greninja, etc.
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
For glory is a plague on the competitive metagame.
Link is k. Diddy and French Frog are better but he's decent. I mean, our favorite Alphabet Surprise member thinks he might have some polarizing MUs in the future! Then again, he's oddly optimistic about certain characters, including Zelda.

But really, Link is good. Apparently the grab range increase is kind of a big deal.

Plus it's so hot today.
Okay, sorry but you live in the UK, correct? That ain't hot. Where I am temperatures midday tend to range from 30-35°C currently. In Texas it can often get hotter, and the humidity makes your sweat not work as well. I suppose "hot" is relative but passive 25°C heat isn't much of a threat. I wonder what it's like for the Super Berserker Bros and others who live near the equator?

------------------------------

So. I'm going to take a little hiatus from Smashboards. I'll probably check in every few days but I need a break. See y'all later!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Okay, sorry but you live in the UK, correct? That ain't hot. Where I am temperatures midday tend to range from 30-35°C currently. In Texas it can often get hotter, and the humidity makes your sweat not work as well. I suppose "hot" is relative but passive 25°C heat isn't much of a threat. I wonder what it's like for the Super Berserker Bros and others who live near the equator?

------------------------------

So. I'm going to take a little hiatus from Smashboards. I'll probably check in every few days but I need a break. See y'all later!
Damn, maybe because we over here are more suited to more cold weather. And with the summer weather, it can get rather hot for us over here.

But I understand where you're coming from.

Also, enjoy your break Kofu. :yeahboi:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Damn, maybe because we over here are more suited to more cold weather. And with the summer weather, it can get rather hot for us over here.

But I understand where you're coming from.

Also, enjoy your break Kofu. :yeahboi:
My car is parked outside and getting into it to go to work sucks for the first few minutes because it's so hot lol.

Temperature is a funny thing and perception about it can change a lot from humidity, sun position, and wind. But yeah, you're likely better adjusted to colder temperature overall than I am (though I've also noticed that people overreact when things first get cold/hot and it's funny).

its like im living in a microwave
Do you want me to open the door? :troll:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
My car is parked outside and getting into it to go to work sucks for the first few minutes because it's so hot lol.

Temperature is a funny thing and perception about it can change a lot from humidity, sun position, and wind. But yeah, you're likely better adjusted to colder temperature overall than I am (though I've also noticed that people overreact when things first get cold/hot and it's funny)
Right after travelling around Europe, when me and @ Berserker. Berserker. got home our sweat glands went into shock
Link is k. Diddy and French Frog are better but he's decent. I mean, our favorite Alphabet Surprise member thinks he might have some polarizing MUs in the future! Then again, he's oddly optimistic about certain characters, including Zelda.

But really, Link is good. Apparently the grab range increase is kind of a big deal.

We go around 38-40°C in the recent summer. Basically the country has a two month-long high fever every year.

It's rainy season here so it's supposedly one of the "coldest" times here and it's 30-35°C normally in weather forecasts.

Yeah it's a sweatbath

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I mean, our favorite Alphabet Surprise member thinks he might have some polarizing MUs in the future!
What?

Link is lower mid-tier imo. Saying Link is top 15 is crazy. The grab and Dthrow buffs were nice.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I went to fire and dice tournament and people gave me so much **** for playing Palutena. People think she's an easy automatic win. I put a lot of time and effort to be good with her. She requires skill and deserves respect. I main Pikachu as well and pikachus custom is honestly just flat out broken and easy to win with. How hard is it to side b heavy skull bash on an already super good character? But for some reason people were fine with Pikachu but ****ing hated custom Palutena thinking she's an easy janky automatic win requiring no skill.
I uh, really don't get this. Like, anyone who's tried playing as Palutena for half a second knows she's not Baby Mode yet more and more people have started insisting that she is. Where did the hate Palutena's other specials come from anyways? Before it was announced that EVO would allow customs everyone was like "Palutena's the reason why customs should be legal!" but now we have people like Espy saying she's the "second most braindead character in the game next to Luigi"??????????????

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I uh, really don't get this. Like, anyone who's tried playing as Palutena for half a second knows she's not Baby Mode yet more and more people have started insisting that she is. Where did the hate Palutena's other specials come from anyways? Before it was announced that EVO would allow customs everyone was like "Palutena's the reason why customs should be legal!" but now we have people like Espy saying she's the "second most braindead character in the game next to Luigi"??????????????
I agree with your statement. Palutena is alot harder to use than she looks.

She can be useful for dealing with certain characters, one time back on the 3DS, she was quite good on countering my friend's R.O.B who would always rush in to me. And her customs are actually all different, so I don't know why they're complaining about her when she hardly gets any love or representatives in tournaments.

If I was them, I'd be complaining about customs Chu, Luigi and Sheik. But Palutena? Really? I guess maybe it's because she has sort of a Hoo Hah? But that only kills at rather high percents and her moves are rather laggy, especially her tilts. Plus her Smashes aren't that great due to lag.

I guess they're just a bunch of salty salmons. And don't know how to deal with her. Word of advice to them. LEARN.
Don't hate the Goddess, just because she's Lucina's girlfriend. :yeahboi:

Also, I took my completed VGC Team for a test run. Went 6/2 in my favour. Lost two because I either overthought the situation or I just had a bad Matchup.
But the others went really well for me or were close games. Went up against one pretty unique team of Sceptile/Murkrow/Conk/Volcarona. They forfeited when Murkrow & Volcarona were at red health and I had three Pokemon left (TFlame, Amoonguss & TTar).

Last edited:
Pick who you want to play, not who everybody says for you to play. (Obvious exception is Macchi).
mfw my friends call Zelda cheap and easy to win with
upload_2015-6-30_9-11-56.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm using an iPad with auto correct on. I typed "Zard" and it changed into "Zara" instantly

Anyway on how to use Zard's b-air on stage or I should restrict this for edgeguarding?

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm using an iPad with auto correct on. I typed "Zard" and it changed into "Zara" instantly

Anyway on how to use Zard's b-air on stage or I should restrict this for edgeguarding?
Okay, so first off:
Why Charizard?

Okay, so first off:
Why Charizard?
Fun character, actually not-so-bad, good moves like jab, n-air, grab/pivot grab, pretty much all his throws, up B, f-air.. etc. etc. Zard being reliant on rage amuses me. I've gotten fraudulent KO's off from being at rage mode.

Oh, and he's a dragon :4charizard:

Top Bottom