• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I know it's in the wrong place but I hope it gets moved to the info section, because it's actually very important knowledge to have.

What I'm saying is @BJ#s don't erase my soul.

If you do anything, you should praise me as a hero.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ike's Counter feels so sad compared to Roy, Greninja, Little Mac, Lucario, and pretty much everyone with a counter. It's as strong as Marth and Lucina's, but it doesn't do much compared to them or have much over them from what I know. Roy's Counter is basically a consistent Shulk Power Vision, Little Mac's Slip Counter can at least help with recovering, and Greninja's Substitute can force a guessing game.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i hate FG
overly cocky players come while youre trying to learn a new character

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Ike's Counter feels so sad compared to Roy, Greninja, Little Mac, Lucario, and pretty much everyone with a counter. It's as strong as Marth and Lucina's, but it doesn't do much compared to them or have much over them from what I know. Roy's Counter is basically a consistent Shulk Power Vision, Little Mac's Slip Counter can at least help with recovering, and Greninja's Substitute can force a guessing game.
Is Roy's counter really that strong?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Did Lucina ever grunt while using Dolphin Slash? I don't think she did...it must've been added in the Lucas, Roy, and Ryu patch. What a strange little thing to add

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
"This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once."
Now that's some self entitled bs right there

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just fought one of the seven Duck Hunt Duo mains in the world.
Damn, are they hell to fight in lag. Clay pigeons and tin cans everywhere. (this could also apply to the Links as well, except I'm more used to fighting them because there's so many)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It does 1.35x the damage which is weaker than in Melee which did 1.5x. Ike's Counter in Brawl did 1.2x the damage while Marth's did 1.1x?, but in Smash 4, Ike, Marth, and Lucina all do 1.2x,but I think, Marth and Lucina's Counter comes out faster than Ike's which more or less makes Ike's Counter kind of moot since he was supposed to have a stronger, slower Counter. Yeah... If anything, Ike's Counter should do 1.25x or maybe 1.3x if they don't want to nerf Marth and Lucina's.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The TRUE anti-Brawl Ganondorf tech

Original source from Forre.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Palutena's counter is awful.
Is the long range on her counter actually useful at all? I mean...if you're countering someone, you're usually not too far away from them. I agree that her counter isn't great.

At least she does a pretty pose.

It does 1.35x the damage which is weaker than in Melee which did 1.5x. Ike's Counter in Brawl did 1.2x the damage while Marth's did 1.1x?, but in Smash 4, Ike, Marth, and Lucina all do 1.2x,but I think, Marth and Lucina's Counter comes out faster than Ike's which more or less makes Ike's Counter kind of moot since he was supposed to have a stronger, slower Counter. Yeah... If anything, Ike's Counter should do 1.25x or maybe 1.3x if they don't want to nerf Marth and Lucina's.
Are counters affected by tippers/hilters?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So among other things, Ryu has joined the Smash Roster. Just from watching the announcement, I cringed more than I felt hyped though. The implementation seems to go against a lot of things that Sirlin keeps preaching against...
  • Smash is already being criticized for making "barely pressing a button" a relevant input. Now they port a character from a series without that issue and give him even more "barely" inputs than any other character. Most of his moves differentiate between 3 different press-durations for light/medium/heavy moves.
  • His specials can be performed by pressing direction+B just like any other move in smash; but there are superior versions that players can perform the SF way. If this is not an artifical execution barrier, than I don't know what is.
  • His down special counter has an animation that can be canceled out of by pressing ->->. Out of all things Street Fighter, they had to add a FADC reference? -.-
found this n another forum i go to thought it would be interesting

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Omg I just tried her Counter and she does...

tbh I've been highly considering picking Lucina up lately and the buffs she got in this patch are only making me think even more about it. gorls help
You'll be a trash tier janitor if you pick her up, so there's always that to consider.

Roy and Marth feel way better to me, so idk why you want to pick up fsmash: the character...Inb4 "I like her character"

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
DO IT GORL YASSSS BOO
Macchi is jab 1 > up b a kill combo? I got it off once but can't replicate it
You'll be a trash tier janitor if you pick her up, so there's always that to consider.

Roy and Marth feel way better to me, so idk why you want to pick up fsmash: the character...Inb4 "I like her character"
Who wouldn't want to play as janitor fsmash the character? :secretkpop:
Roy is too aggressive for me and Marth just feels clunky. Mopcina feels good to control, she's a well designed mop

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Roy is too aggressive for me and Marth just feels clunky. Mopcina feels good to control, she's a well designed mop
Lol no...

theres jab1 - Fsmash
SHFF nair - Dolphin Slash

also do you know why you should main lucina?

CRESENT CANCER SLASH

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

Gorl, how is Math clunky but Mopcina isn't? She's literally a lame copy-paste of Marth with better palettes but worse everything else (I guess fsmash is better though). You have to space with the Mop to use her effectively (since almost nothing she has is safe on shield) and Marth gives more reward for proper spacing.

Idk, I just don't understand why people play Lucina over Marth (other than liking her character).

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Gorl, how is Math clunky but Mopcina isn't? She's literally a lame copy-paste of Marth with better palettes but worse everything else (I guess fsmash is better though). You have to space with the Mop to use her effectively (since almost nothing she has is safe on shield) and Marth gives more reward for proper spacing.

Idk, I just don't understand why people play Lucina over Marth (other than liking her character).
She just feels better and some people just don't like fishing for tippers. Sure he can kill very early if he gets a tipper Fsmash but key word if. It's hard to get and without getting it, you'll be killing at like 100% when Lucina's Fsmash kills at like 80%

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lol no...

theres jab1 - Fsmash
SHFF nair - Dolphin Slash

also do you know why you should main lucina?

CRESENT CANCER SLASH
jab 1 - fsmash
that sounds stupid and I love it

yeah i don't get it either. ik they have literally the exact same movement and everything but he just feels weird and unplayable to me whereas Lucina doesn't.
I like her character too SECRETKPOP

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I prefer Roy since:
1. I'm pretty bad at spacing aerials
2. I like to go in more and Roy's sweetspots reward that
3. Roy is cooler

Marth just doesn't click with me, and Mopcina is just...Mopcina.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Marth's tippers are less safe on shield (1.5x hitlag modifier)
Marth HAS to tip a relevant attack once every three moves to keep up with Lucina's damage output
Lucina has more reliable KO options because you don't need to tip them.

Marth gets more off a shieldbreak though, but that's about it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
that sounds stupid and I love it

yeah i don't get it either. ik they have literally the exact same movement and everything but he just feels weird and unplayable to me whereas Lucina doesn't.
I like her character too SECRETKPOP
Jab1 - Fsmash's timing is REALLYREALLY strict though

Matt ~

Smash Rookie
One of the reasons I love Zelda is that you can frustrate so many aggressive players by just standing in place XD

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think I killed someone when they tried to tilt me earlier today
idk, but there is stupid power somewhere in the move
oh it's vertical reach is also really good for a counter
The TRUE anti-Brawl Ganondorf tech

Original source from Forre.
+1 for how a villain would kill someone
I prefer Roy since:
1. I'm pretty bad at spacing aerials
2. I like to go in more and Roy's sweetspots reward that
3. Roy is cooler

Marth just doesn't click with me, and Mopcina is just...Mopcina.
T3h Ph1r3 was not a reason?

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
One of the reasons I love Zelda is that you can frustrate so many aggressive players by just standing in place XD
I honestly need to do that more often

I'm way too aggro for my own good sometimes

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Marth's tippers are less safe on shield (1.5x hitlag modifier)
Marth HAS to tip a relevant attack once every three moves to keep up with Lucina's damage output
Lucina has more reliable KO options because you don't need to tip them.

Marth gets more off a shieldbreak though, but that's about it.
Since you're here. Are Marth's tippers tiny compared to Roy's sweet-spots? Seriously wished they had given Marth a fencer-like moveset to make use of tippers better and the motions a fencer-like does usually puts them away from danger while putting a dangerous object in front of them. That way, Lucina could be a clone without being a clone. :p

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
i just walk around like a ****** jabbing randomly and spamming dtilt

it works for some reason.
that's just what happens when you sink the character's mental state with yourself
it's like an unwritten rule
Since you're here. Are Marth's tippers tiny compared to Roy's sweet-spots? Seriously wished they had given Marth a fencer-like moveset to make use of tippers better and the motions a fencer-like does usually puts them away from danger while putting a dangerous object in front of them. That way, Lucina could be a clone without being a clone. :p
roy sweet spots have always been bigger then the tippers
some exceptions with holding in melee (like dair)

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
When yoy play Zelda you gotta BE Zelda or else you'll fail.
That means max f**** not given and effortless kills for style points.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If your spacing is any good with Marth, you should be hitting more tippers than sourspots anyway.
Plus with Marth, the threat of the tipper killing at 60% is always there, which Lucina doesn't have, so your opponent has to respect you. If they don't, they're dead before they know what's going on.

Top Bottom