• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Longchu lol, that's so Brawl.
Can't wait for its inevitable return on 3DS/Wii U.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think I have a own headcannon personality for Gunner and Swordfighter

Soul.

AW YEAH! NAKED :4zss: WITH LARGE MAMMARY GLANDS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew someone would post something like this. lmao
I just want an Always Nighttime Battlefield, Gaur Plain and Prism Tower. Character textures could happen but eh.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I never hacked my Wii because I wanted to keep the warranty. Some of the texture hacks and music replacements are sweet though (like Primal Dialga's theme on Pokemon Stadium).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Holy crud, in that pic I thought pika's tail was a freaky crooked, um... nevermind.

I'll wifi if anyone wants btw.

Edit, darn it. I looked up mammary glands and saw a medical diagram of it with all the veins and stuff. Could have gone without seeing that.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Holy crud, in that pic I thought pika's tail was a freaky crooked, um... nevermind.

Edit, darn it. I looked up mammary glands and saw a medical diagram of it with all the veins and stuff. Could have gone without seeing that.
No no, finish that sentence. Freaky crooked what. :4dk:

Also, you looked up something @ Space Stranger Space Stranger wrote and expected it to end well?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I'll wifi if anyone wants btw.

I'll play you a little Rizen. Wii U, right?

Here's a discussion topic for all you 3DS players out there. What's your Smash Run high score? My personal top is 160176 with Ludwig. Runners up are 159156 with Game & Watch, 157823 with Falcon, 157259 with Kirby, and 149467 with Villager.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Here's a discussion topic for all you 3DS players out there. What's your Smash Run high score? My personal top is 160176 with Ludwig. Runners up are 159156 with Game & Watch, 157823 with Falcon, 157259 with Kirby, and 149467 with Villager.
Okay, cool. Let me fire up the wii u.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Can you go G&W again? I need to learn the MU. He keeps surprising my lol.

Nice spike I had no idea G&W could do that lol

Thanks. G&W plays very differently than in Brawl.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Insomnia sucks q.q

A gift from me to you :

<3

( I'm losing my mind. help ! D: )

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Buckets o' bombs lel
Can you go G&W again? I need to learn the MU. He keeps surprising my lol.

Nice spike I had no idea G&W could do that lol
Sure, no biggie. His DAir meteors at the startup but it's a tiny hit box. I've been using it to get people at the ledge with moderate success.

I abused Delfino like crazy lol

You didn't have to kill yourself because I messed up, lol.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Buckets o' bombs lel

Sure, no biggie. His DAir meteors at the startup but it's a tiny hit box. I've been using it to get people at the ledge with moderate success.

I abused Delfino like crazy lol

You didn't have to kill yourself because I messed up, lol.
Thanks for helping me. I start out cruddy but get better with experience. You can go someone else if you want.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Thanks for helping me. I start out cruddy but get better with experience. You can go someone else if you want.
I'll do someone else after one more. IMO Link's a good example of how to wall G&W out. I'm assuming you can see that as well as his difficulty landing kills, lol.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I have no idea what happened on Wuhu Island.

GGs, I'm done for the night. You've got a great Link. I hadn't seen low percent DThrow to USmash before, lol. Looks like my Mewtwo still needs work compared to my other characters. Let's play again sometime! :4sonic:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have no idea what happened on Wuhu Island.
GGs, thanks for helping me learn the G&W MU. It's a fun MU for Link :)

The reason I SD if the opponent wifi SDs is I know how much worse being in a disadvantaged state is. It's not just a stock; you have to approach and some characters really suck at it lol. So I try not to be a lag abuser who wins from wifail luck. We had a good connection for the most part :)

I need to learn more MUs. A lot of things surprised me Link the hitbox on ROB's Dair.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
GGs, thanks for helping me learn the G&W MU. It's a fun MU for Link :)

The reason I SD if the opponent wifi SDs is I know how much worse being in a disadvantaged state is. It's not just a stock; you have to approach and some characters really suck at it lol. So I try not to be a lag abuser who wins from wifail luck. We had a good connection for the most part :)

I need to learn more MUs. A lot of things surprised me Link the hitbox on ROB's Dair.
I'll SD if it's an obvious mistake usually. Depends on if I'm at my last stock. I hate the sides of he stage on the ship portion of Halberd :mad:

ROB's DAir has a huuuuuge hitbox, haha. It's great but slow.

It's not awful for Game & Watch but fighting link is kind of like fighting a heavy. He has big attacks and most of them kill and do good damage. Even with Link's mediocre grab it's hard for Game & Watch to get in on him. He feels pretty mid tier to me IMO. His NAir beats out a lot of stuff I wouldn't expect. He's also surprisingly difficult to gimp thanks to the sheer size of Spin Attack's hitbox. I laughed when the weak slingshot disrupted your tether and made you die tbh.

I'm only one state away (Utah) so I'd figure we'd have a decent connection.

I think I've trained myself to not roll so much that I almost never do it even when it would he beneficial. Included in that is spotdodging, which I should really use more than I do.

But yeah, good games. Really fun stuff. And glad to see you know that UThrow kills, I'm not sure how common that knowledge is among Link mains.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Okay I have some comments with this team.

Bird - Takes huge recoil damage so I think Roost is wasted especially since it dies in like one hit, two max. Replace Roost with Protect. Not sure about that Red Card. Since you're running U-Turn I don't see why you couldn't run Choice Band.

Slowbro - Almost never see non-Mega Slowbro. Seeing as you already have Tailwind, plus Icy Wind doesn't do Slowbro any favours I'd drop it. Replace it with Psychic or Ice Beam. Replace Flamethrower with the other.

Mawile - fine as is.

Tornadus - Good luck catching that. Move usage directly copied from Global Link:

1Hurricane90.0%
2Tailwind90.0%
3Rain Dance90.0%
4Protect90.0%
5Taunt20.0%
6Air Slash10.0%
7Icy Wind10.0%

Also seems like Charti Berry is it's most popular item.

Landorus - Adamant or Jolly only. Adamant is more common. Scarf or AV only. Scarf is more common. Look at http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/12571-assault-vest-landorus-ev-spread-help/?p=166105 for AV Lando.

Sylveon - Why are you running Timid with no speed investment? It's so slow anyway that Timid only bumps its base speed of 60 to 66. Run Modest instead. Also, I would personally not use Moonblast. Base power of Moonblast is 95x1.5 = 142.5. Base power of Hyper Voice is 90x1.3x1.5x0.75 = 131.625 (Base 175.5 on single target). Not a huge difference. Replace it with HP Fire or Ground. I think Fire is more common.
This TFlame is actually my singles one. I gave it a Red Card so it can catch people off guard, and Roost so it could take a hit from something nasty like an Anicentpower from a Heatran.

Slowbro since I wanted something that could maybe counter something like Mamoswine, Gliscor or Garchomp/Dragonite/Salamance.

Glad to see Mawile is okay. <3

I'll probably give it that Charti Berry over Life Orb. Same with AV over Sitrus.

I was desperate for a Sylveon ;_;
Plus I doubt I'll get a HP Fire Sylveon. :c (And I ain't going to bother with it. Getting one with a 6IV Ditto is a nightmare.)

I take it you'll suggest Cresselia or something else like a mixed T-Tar or Quagsire? :3

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wanted to check if anyone's online, I'm writing an application for an exchange program I wasn't prepared for, but the call is ending soon and I don't want to miss it so I won't get any sleep probably.

Also, sorry I disappeared but life sucks and stuff happens and there's not much time for being online. I miss some of you gurls.
All except BJN39 cuz she sucks. (jk♥)
Anyway I see the thread title's still rocking, so by default you all rock.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Also, sorry I disappeared but life sucks and stuff happens and there's not much time for being online. I miss some of you gurls.
All except BJN39 cuz she sucks. (jk♥)
Anyway I see the thread title's still rocking, so by default you all rock.
Sorry you're going through a rough time. I know how that is :urg:. I hope things look up for you.

I'll SD if it's an obvious mistake usually. Depends on if I'm at my last stock. I hate the sides of he stage on the ship portion of Halberd :mad:

ROB's DAir has a huuuuuge hitbox, haha. It's great but slow.

It's not awful for Game & Watch but fighting link is kind of like fighting a heavy. He has big attacks and most of them kill and do good damage. Even with Link's mediocre grab it's hard for Game & Watch to get in on him. He feels pretty mid tier to me IMO. His NAir beats out a lot of stuff I wouldn't expect. He's also surprisingly difficult to gimp thanks to the sheer size of Spin Attack's hitbox. I laughed when the weak slingshot disrupted your tether and made you die tbh.

I'm only one state away (Utah) so I'd figure we'd have a decent connection.

I think I've trained myself to not roll so much that I almost never do it even when it would he beneficial. Included in that is spotdodging, which I should really use more than I do.

But yeah, good games. Really fun stuff. And glad to see you know that UThrow kills, I'm not sure how common that knowledge is among Link mains.
Halberd's the new Lylat lol.

G&W vs Link is interesting. It's very kill or be killed. G&W dies so early but his juggles are good and smashes are strong. I used to think he was nerfed from Brawl but he's just different. He seems less punishable but less powerful.

Yeah the connection was great. I'm kind of a lag hater and good connections feel like I took off my iron boots. Bad connections are painful.

I had to train myself to roll more. In Brawl rolling was terrible if you weren't MK or Lucario but it's decent in SSB4.

Uthrow kills from 160%+ depending on rage, ceilings, enemy's weight. 180% is a safe bet it will kill any character. Probably the reason you rarely see it kill is Link's grab is terrible and most moves Link has will kill much earlier.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sorry you're going through a rough time. I know how that is :urg:. I hope things look up for you.
It isn't that rough actually, I just lack time. I've been catching up though and I'll be back 110% sooner than expected. WITH MORE COLORFUL AVATARS.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Halberd's the new Lylat lol.

G&W vs Link is interesting. It's very kill or be killed. G&W dies so early but his juggles are good and smashes are strong. I used to think he was nerfed from Brawl but he's just different. He seems less punishable but less powerful.

Yeah the connection was great. I'm kind of a lag hater and good connections feel like I took off my iron boots. Bad connections are painful.

I had to train myself to roll more. In Brawl rolling was terrible if you weren't MK or Lucario but it's decent in SSB4.

Uthrow kills from 160%+ depending on rage, ceilings, enemy's weight. 180% is a safe bet it will kill any character. Probably the reason you rarely see it kill is Link's grab is terrible and most moves Link has will kill much earlier.
Oh, believe me, I know it kills. It's like the... 5th strongest UThrow IIRC? Mewtwo, ROB, Blue Pikmin, and I think Greninja have it beat. Otherwise Link's is solid.

Part of the reason I don't roll much is because Game & Watch's rolls are slow. But I probably ought to work it back into my game somewhat. He changed to be a little more ground-based. Back in Brawl if you were on the ground you were probably either using a smash attack, DTilt, or grab to DThrow (though I felt his dash attack was underutilized). Now, because his jab and FTilt are usable and his dash attack is great, being on the ground isn't so bad. His DTilt has occasional uses but has a lot more lag now (and a weird windbox). UTilt is still pretty trash tbh. I just wish he has a low jump autocancel aerial (he lost NAir).

You adapting and not using bombs as much reminded me of a FG Link player who kept using them, even when I kept bucketing them and killing him with them. Kind of sad but funny, lol.

Top Bottom