• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's gotten to the point in my life that whenever I play the 3DS versions, I can't help but think, "Wow, this palette looks terrible on the 3DS. @ Lavani Lavani is really missing out."
Red Rosalina looks a lot worse on Wii U imo
not that I care for red but...

Though if there's anything I'm jealous about on Wii U it's the better animation physics. Rosalina, Robin, and I'd imagine Zelda look so stiff in motion on 3DS compared to Wii U. Zelda's dress freaks out during dtilt on 3DS too iirc.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey gurrrrrrls :3
I was wondering, what kind of music do you all like? I'm fangasming today because Marina and the Diamonds seems to've dumped the rest of her new album on YouTube :D I really love dark/eerie kind of music so her and Lana Del Rey are some of my favs :3 but I love stuff you can dance to as well like Gaga, Katy, 2NE1 etc :D But I appreciate all music, really ^^
Me? Indie Pop Rock.

But you sound like you'll fit in with others around with your taste in music.

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
Me? Indie Pop Rock.

But you sound like you'll fit in with others around with your taste in music.
I love that, too :D Really I love everything well....the only music i really dislike is blue grass, that crusty old barefoot guy playin a banjo on his porch kinda music XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like alternative stuff from the late 80s, 90s and early 2000s. REM, Rush, Gorillaz, Greenday to name a few bands.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I was wondering, what kind of music do you all like? I'm fangasming today because Marina and the Diamonds seems to've dumped the rest of her new album on YouTube :D I really love dark/eerie kind of music so her and Lana Del Rey are some of my favs :3 but I love stuff you can dance to as well like Gaga, Katy, 2NE1 etc :D But I appreciate all music, really ^^
Most of what I listen to are Vocaloid covers.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Red Rosalina looks a lot worse on Wii U imo
not that I care for red but...

Though if there's anything I'm jealous about on Wii U it's the better animation physics. Rosalina, Robin, and I'd imagine Zelda look so stiff in motion on 3DS compared to Wii U. Zelda's dress freaks out during dtilt on 3DS too iirc.
Red is a gross palette, anyway. I cannot use the Red and the White Mage palettes because the bright red for the detail on the front of her dress is way too bright plus it's not the same shade as the red alt. It annoys me too much to use them.

Gold Rosalina looks soooooo much better on the Wii U. Yellow/Orange Robin and the dark blue Lucario also look better, too.

Dresses in this game are kinda weird. Zelda's legs go through her dress all the time in the Wii U version, too. Peach's dress physics are top tier, though. Rosalina's dress isn't bad but it barely moves.

Last edited:

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
I like alternative stuff from the late 80s, 90s and early 2000s. REM, Rush, Gorillaz, Greenday to name a few bands.
I was raised on Rush <3333333 polarize me...sensitize me...criticize me...civilize me...compensate me...animate me...complicate me...elevate meeeeeee..

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I've been trying to branch out into different genres as of late like hip-hop (listening to Kendrick Lamar's GK,MC as we speak actually. Gonna need to get onto the new album hype as well), 20th Century "Classical" music (like Debussy & Schoenberg) & electronic (Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers etc.).
That being said, pop, punk & emo are lyfe yea.

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
Red is a gross palette, anyway. I cannot use the Red and the White Mage palettes because the bright red for the detail on the front of her dress is way too bright plus it's not the same shade as the red alt. It annoys me too much to use them.

Gold Rosalina looks soooooo much better on the Wii U. Yellow/Orange Robin and the dark blue Lucario also look better, too.

Dresses in this game are kinda weird. Zelda's legs go throw the her dress all the time in the Wii U version, too. Peach's dress physics are top tier, though. Rosalina's dress isn't bad but it barely moves.
I like how Rosalina's dress sorta spreads out during her up tilt xDD

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I love that, too :D Really I love everything well....the only music i really dislike is blue grass, that crusty old barefoot guy playin a banjo on his porch kinda music XD
Funny you should mention bluegrass, I was just invited to perform with some bluegrass guys at a church. I'm singing bass :p

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to branch out into different genres as of late like hip-hop (listening to Kendrick Lamar's GK,MC as we speak actually. Gonna need to get onto the new album hype as well), 20th Century "Classical" music (like Debussy & Schoenberg) & electronic (Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers etc.).
That being said, pop, punk & emo are lyfe yea.
as far as hip hop, I'd definitely recommend looking into 2NE1 is you don't mind non-english songs ^^

Funny you should mention bluegrass, I was just invited to perform with some bluegrass guys at a church. I'm singing bass :p
oh well um uh I uh what I meant was uh um
WHO WANTS PIE?! 8D

Most of what I listen to are Vocaloid covers.

my fav vocaloid songs are Just Be Friends and Aria :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Loveless Kun Loveless Kun Although nobody really cares here in the Zelda Social, it's generally frowned upon to post more than once it a row. I'm no mod or anything, but I'd suggest you edit your post next time <:

Maybe @ BJN39 BJN39 can work some mod magic and combine your posts?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Gold Rosalina looks soooooo much better on the Wii U.
Red/white is a gross color combination (though I don't mind it on the Fire Mario palette for whatever reason...), as much as I like white I just avoid that palette completely. I think the red palette actually looks fine on 3DS, but it's pale and gross on Wii U.

And yeah gold looks a ton better on Wii U ;_;

Yellow/Orange Robin and the dark blue Lucario also look better, too.
Good thing those are the worst palettes for those characters. :smirk:

Dresses in this game are kinda weird. Zelda's legs go throw the her dress all the time in the Wii U version, too. Peach's dress physics are top tier, though. Rosalina's dress isn't bad but it barely moves.
Man it isn't even just legs clipping through the dress or w/e, it's like they're made from unfolded cardboard boxes

gorls be ordering things from amazon just to have more dressmaking material

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
I'm not into bluegrass either, but these 2 are some incredibly talented musicians so it sounds really good.
Oh okay XD Didnt mean to offend anyone just in case ^^; it's just not my thing i guess xD But I can't dislike an entire genre :3 I bet these guys I would like
O: omg I know this isn't a landmark number or anything but W00T page 707 is miiiiiine >:D

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
hurk triple post senses are tingling
Dang, I forget how great Nintendo's music is sometimes :D I'm really groovin to this xD
I think it was a smart choice to bring david wise back for the newest DKC game, link to the playlist on youtube
he also did the sound track for tengami, which is a very chill soundtrack if you want to check that out
You could say I'm a big fan or David Wise and Yuka Tsujiyoko (who has worked on Fire emblem forever and did the first two paper Mario games.) I might like almost all music, but at least I have my favorites :D
edit:
W00T page 707 is miiiiiine >:D
you're about to lose it because of triple post merger though

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Don't get me started on Lulu's belts for clothes and Ashe's micro skirt. :glare:
lol

In terms of simple designs that worked well,
I liked Steiner's since he was basically just a knight in your group but had lots of personality ( something that's missing nowadays >.> ).

but the Amano art was very extravagant in comparison in nearly every entry :

People get upset with SE because they feel it's been
'd

I believe the old staff left around X, so chances are the new style / play is staying.

Last edited:

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
@ Loveless Kun Loveless Kun Although nobody really cares here in the Zelda Social, it's generally frowned upon to post more than once it a row. I'm no mod or anything, but I'd suggest you edit your post next time <:

Oops my bad! That's generally frowned upon everywhere, huh? ^^' It was an accident tho! Sorrie x3

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
There's a good chance you'll get infracted for double posting elsewhere on the boards

you'll probably get no more than a slap on the wrist for it here because @Aeralfos and @berserker01 do it all the time but yeah double (and by extension triple) posting is against forum rules

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
hurk triple post senses are tingling

I think it was a smart choice to bring david wise back for the newest DKC game, link to the playlist on youtube
he also did the sound track for tengami, which is a very chill soundtrack if you want to check that out
You could say I'm a big fan or David Wise and Yuka Tsujiyoko (who has worked on Fire emblem forever and did the first two paper Mario games.) I might like almost all music, but at least I have my favorites :D
edit:

you're about to lose it because of triple post merger though
Aw oh well XD It was fun while it lasted :3 This is like the first forum I've ever really been in xD I tried before like in the soul calibur community and stuff but ugh everybody is so mean most the time everywhere else xD .-. blonde moment but what does "infracted" mean?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
'd

I believe the old staff left around X, so chances are the new style / play is staying.
OLD RAREWARE STAFF I SUMMON THEE...e......eeee..
oh... they aren't showing up... ok, guess we gotta go there

can't I just merge my own posts though QQ

Last edited:

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
Triple Post?

I'll get on this travesty right away.

Of course @ Loveless Kun Loveless Kun I can see it was an honest incident, so just be more careful in the future bby~
I will i promise I'll be much more watchful in the future! ^^ omg I remember that episode of That's So Raven XD hey I'm kind of a noob but nash said i could edit my post? Uh how exactly do I do that? xD Or is there some big like, forum instruction page I should go read? ^^;

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I will i promise I'll be much more watchful in the future! ^^ omg I remember that episode of That's So Raven XD hey I'm kind of a noob but nash said i could edit my post? Uh how exactly do I do that? xD Or is there some big like, forum instruction page I should go read? ^^;
If you look at the bottom of your post, there should be (To the left of "Like") an "Edit" tag. (Should be near "report".) Click that to edit your post. ^^

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apparently Etrian Odyssey 4 is only $15 on eshop right now

but I'd have to update my 3DS

atlus why

Rizen

Smash Legend
At the very bottom of your post there's a little button titled 'edit'.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Red/white is a gross color combination (though I don't mind it on the Fire Mario palette for whatever reason...), as much as I like white I just avoid that palette completely. I think the red palette actually looks fine on 3DS, but it's pale and gross on Wii U.

And yeah gold looks a ton better on Wii U ;_;
idk why red looks so weird on Wii U. I've tried to use it before but the bright red detail thing plus the color looking like congealed blood or some **** like that is just very off-putting. The dress is maroonish and it's not even a good shade of maroon.

I think Robin's White Mage alt doesn't look too bad. I still think the best male alt is green, though.

Good thing those are the worst palettes for those characters. :smirk:
Gorl, are you saying that all of male Robin's palettes are better than the orange one? If so, fite me irl scrub.
Dark blue Lucario is weird, but I kinda like it for some reason. I like the teal one the best, though.

Man it isn't even just legs clipping through the dress or w/e, it's like they're made from unfolded cardboard boxes

gorls be ordering things from amazon just to have more dressmaking material
All I can remember about dress things looking weird on the 3DS is that Robin's robe tends to stick to the back of her legs. Her running and walking animations are weird af because it makes it look like her robe is divided in half, kinda like weird, elongated pant-things.

I just checked 3DS Zelda and her dress is really strange. It barely seems to move and she also has a case of "weird dashing dress pants."

Rosalina's dress close to lifeless in both versions, so you're not missing out on much there.

Last edited:

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
I really love how they made Peach's dress get so full when she floats instead of folding with her legs in this game :3 Also how it looks like she has a beard if she floats backwards XD

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gorl, are you saying that all of male Robin's palettes are better than the orange one?
There's a male Robin?

Dark blue Lucario is weird, but I kinda like it for some reason. I like the teal one the best, though.
Out of Luc's palettes I like:

Probably in that order I guess. Don't really care for the other four (default would be fine if I wasn't allergic to default palettes)

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
There's a male Robin?

Probably in that order I guess. Don't really care for the other four (default would be fine if I wasn't allergic to default palettes)
Ugh am I the only person in the whole world who prefers male Robin? D: And for that matter, male Wii Fit Trainer? XD

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
There's a male Robin?
That's what I was hoping you'd say. ;)

I'd switch the black palette with the dark blue one, but I agree other than that. I'd give a shout-out to green Lucario, too, because it makes me feel like the hulk whenever I use it.
Lucario's palettes are so unspired. Literally half of them are blue.

I'd probably give the award of Best Palettes to :4greninja:, :4duckhunt:, or :4lucina:. I'd probably say Greninja, but it's close.

edit:
You aren't alone (don't tell the others(shhhhhhhhhhhh))
HOW DARE YOU? MALE WII FIT TRAINER IS LITERALLY TRASH AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED. IRRELEVANT ROBIN IS ALMOST AS BAD, BUT AT LEAST HE HAS A COOL GREEN PALETTE. THAT STILL DOESN'T SAVE THEM FROM THE UNFORGIVING DEPTHS OF BEING INFERIOR AND GROSS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom