• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If you're not singing "douche" instead of "deuce" you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Allsew Cordelia is clearly the best awakening girl. I love pairing her with Kellam and flying right into the middle of a group of archers then switching the two. It's like they are throwing sponges at a brick wall that was just dropped off by some sort of angel. That analogy got away from me.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
It depends on the artist sometimes since I don't think Nomura did FFXII's character designs. Terra's design sort of reminds me of Ike's Radiant Dawn look where it's rugged and functional. It's not supposed to look pretty and it fits with Terra being samurai-like and Ike more western-like. Without the belt's Squall's design would just be pretty normal like biker-normal and Rinoa was just beautiful. Well, whatever.
The designs for FF XII were made by Akihiko Yoshida, who also did the art for Tactics and XIV and who's totally one of my favorite artists in general :'D. I don't think his character design is stellar in terms of functionality and silhouette, but I love his illustrations and his style. This is an example of his work and it's 100% gorgeous.

I liked Rinoa's outfit.

That's basically all I liked from FF VIII. That and Shiva.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
This social is the closest thing I've ever found to a room full of people on the Internet. We have several conversations about vastly different things all happening at once and then we all collectively laugh at Macchiato for switching mains for the 16th time this hour.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Is that why yew used Zelda?

Also what times are yew available tomorrow, I'd like to play yew. I played with @ M Meru. and weren't lagging even though he was all the way in Japan.
I was in The Netherlands though. I have gone back home for a few weeks.

Which is still pretty far from where you live, nonetheless.

Well, thats not entirely fair. Bravely Default was good, and Bravely Second is shaping up to be quite nice.
Bravely Second is going to be great but I have some doubts. I hope don't commit the same mistake twice.

The music won't be as great but idk

Also, NEW AVATAR THANKS @AERODROME

So its confirmed that Nintendo IPs will be on Smartphones.
I can understand the decision from a business standpoint. Reasonable choice, I guess. As long as they continue to prioritize and focus on their primary audience (aka: Us, the gamers), I'm okay but I got low expectations

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
:4mario: - Fire
:4luigi: - Nothing he sucks
:4peach: - Fire/Fairy
:4bowser: - Dragon/Fire
:4bowserjr: - Steel/Dragon
:4yoshi: - Dragon
:rosalina: - Psychic
:4wario: - Poison
:4dk: - Normal/Fighting
:4diddy: - Fighting
:4link: - Steel/Fire
:4tlink: - Steel/Fire
:4zelda: - Fairy/Psychic
:4ganondorf: - Dark
:4sheik: - Flying/Fighting
:4samus: - Steel
:4zss: - Electric
:4pit: - Fairy/Flying
:4palutena: - Fairy
:4marth: - Fighting/Steel
:4myfriends: - Fighting/Steel
:4robinm: - Fire/Electric
:4kirby: - Normal
:4dedede: - Normal
:4metaknight: - Steel/Dark
:4littlemac: - Fighting
:4fox: - Fighting/Normal
:4falco: - Fighting/Flying
:wolf:- Fighting/Dark
:4duckhunt: - Normal/Flying
:4rob: - Steel
:4gaw: - Normal
:popo:- Ice
:4ness: - Psychic
:lucas:- Psychic
:4falcon: - Fire/Fighting
:4villager: - Normal
:4olimar: - Normal
:4wiifit:- Fighting/Psychic
:4drmario: - Electric
:4lucina: - Fighting/Steel
:4darkpit: - Dark/Fairy
:4shulk: - Normal
:4pacman: - Normal
:4sonic: - Normal
:4megaman: - Steel
Fixed

Well ****. Another tournament this Saturday. I guess it's Shulk time again. I don't think I've hit the lab with Fox enough so he'll stand by for now. I'm going to try out Mii Swordfighter for the lulz in friendlies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can understand the decision from a business standpoint. Reasonable choice, I guess. As long as they continue to prioritize and focus on their primary audience (aka: Us, the gamers), I'm okay but I got low expectations
Quote from the report thing:
Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.

Also the new membership thing will be something across multiple devices, including the "NX" thats currently in development
Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service.

Unlike the Club Nintendo membership service that Nintendo has been operating, the new membership service will include multiple devices and create a connection between Nintendo and each individual consumer regardless of the device the consumer uses. This membership will form one of the core elements of the new Nintendo platform that I just mentioned.

If this means we can register our account with our downloaded games and redownload them later, I'm freaking Hyped yo XD :p

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
SIS THIS HAPPENED TO ME BUT I DEFINITELY THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS DRUNK!!!!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/pregamestream/b/632783276

@ 2:26:50
LOOOL

Sometimes I feel Zelda is just destined to be bad... Or actually, scrap the 'sometimes'.

Is it me or every single Shulk player in my scene and in this website are losing to Peach? Either the match up is really that horrendous or none of us know what the hell a Peach is to begin with. I'm doubting it's the latter but idk
Definitely not a bad match-up for Shulk. Some Shulk players have been giving me some real trouble with their disjoints, they shut down a lot of Peach's aerial options. It's just even.

Wow. There are a lot of things I didn't know about Swordfighter. Some secret arts I'm seeing and trying out atm. Also, SF's damage output is rly good. If I were to give a damage:speed ratio, it'd be 2:1

He might be muuuch better than I thought but he isn't the worst in the game imo.

Not sure how he fares against the whole cast. I still need more results before confirming anything

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Not gonna lie this girls hot.

I would take her back to my place, into my room and then- talk about life,have a laugh,make dinner, then take her back to her house safe and sound. :]
You never heard of Carly Rae Jepsen?

Also she's like nearly 30 now :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Back to the discussion on waifu backs (see what I did there? ;) ), I made this a while ago.

If someone knows all the characters on this picture, I'll propose. The far left one is probably too hard to guess because it's fanart, so I probably won't do a Chrom and marry a random person. :^)

#TIMETOBRINGSEXYBACK

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Back to the discussion on waifu backs (see what I did there? ;) ), I made this a while ago.

If someone knows all the characters on this picture, I'll propose. The far left one is probably too hard to guess because it's fanart, so I probably won't do a Chrom and marry a random person. :^)

#TIMETOBRINGSEXYBACK
Centre left is some girl from FE:A (was the inspiration for Mopcina's Black, red-headed colour), Centre is some guy from that Free! swimming anime or whatever it's called & centre right is among the worst characters to ever appear in Smash (in competitive 1v1)

No idea who the ends are

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Is it me or every single Shulk player in my scene and in this website are losing to Peach? Either the match up is really that horrendous or none of us know what the hell a Peach is to begin with. I'm doubting it's the latter but idk
Mangoes > Peaches

this seemed funnier in my head

Loveless Kun

Smash Cadet
Hey gurrrrrrls :3
I was wondering, what kind of music do you all like? I'm fangasming today because Marina and the Diamonds seems to've dumped the rest of her new album on YouTube :D I really love dark/eerie kind of music so her and Lana Del Rey are some of my favs :3 but I love stuff you can dance to as well like Gaga, Katy, 2NE1 etc :D But I appreciate all music, really ^^

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hey gurrrrrrls :3
I was wondering, what kind of music do you all like? I'm fangasming today because Marina and the Diamonds seems to've dumped the rest of her new album on YouTube :D I really love dark/eerie kind of music so her and Lana Del Rey are some of my favs :3 but I love stuff you can dance to as well like Gaga, Katy, 2NE1 etc :D But I appreciate all music, really ^^
anything that isn't country music I'll give it a listen. Lately though I've just been enjoying the DKC tropical freeze sound track
You keep reminding me of comics.
one of my very few talents I guess
wonder if I get any triggers with this
tumblr_static_furret_shiny.jpg

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's gotten to the point in my life that whenever I play the 3DS versions, I can't help but think, "Wow, this palette looks terrible on the 3DS. @Lavani is really missing out."

Top Bottom